MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Paris climate deal: Dismay as Trump signals exit from accord
Old 2017-06-02, 09:49   Link #442
Key Board
Carbon

Spoiler:

You can not have a dialogue with these kind of people
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2017-06-02, 11:10   Link #443
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Spoiler:
Stupid f***ing c***s, idiots.

Need I say more? I'm literally boiling ever since yesterday. And how did that guy, Dobbs, manage to work at CNN for that long considering some of the crap his show on Fox airs?
Old 2017-06-02, 11:12   Link #444
MCAL

Quote:
Spoiler:

You can not have a dialogue with these kind of people
Isn't Lou Dobbs the guy who doxxed one of Trump's sexual assault accusers? Also its hilarious how the GOP think climate change is some left wing conspiracy when literally every other right leaning party in the world believe in it too.

Anyway....

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-envir...p-paris-speech

Savage!
Old 2017-06-02, 11:34   Link #445
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Wow! Get whacked, Trump. I couldn't stop looking at the following passage here:

Quote:
A final addendum: Watching this speech, I kept noticing a now-familiar phenomenon: Trump will dutifully read a speech as written for a while until some passage sparks recognition or interest, and he’ll pause and interject. Sentence structure and word choice dip from a 5th grade level to a kindergarten level, only to lurch back up when he starts reading again. It is disorienting.
It's more than disorienting. It's extremely disturbing, especially with everything we know today about a combination of old age and unhealthy life habits.

In the topic of clean energy, I saw a statistic yesterday about how many people work in various energy sectors. I was astonished to see there were already 370,000+ people working in solar energy and 101,000+ in wind energy compared to roughly 86,000+ in the coal industry. With those numbers coming from the US Department of Energy in mind, I'm just baffled at how that idiot still believes that coal industry needs help when it's clearly on its own dying path.
Old 2017-06-02, 12:28   Link #446
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Its like watching the whale oil industry on its death bed.
Old 2017-06-02, 14:23   Link #447
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Its like watching the whale oil industry on its death bed.
Safe for the part than the whale oil industry didn't buy their politicians enough to protect their industry from newer one.
Old 2017-06-02, 17:51   Link #448
exile4ever
Deserted

Location: Tapuaetai, Aitutaki Lagoon, Cook Islands...I wish :P
Send a message via MSN to exile4ever
We need more fun tweets like this one, I just can't get enough of them.

Spoiler for Trump Tweet:

The real Trump collusion with Russia....oh wait?

Spoiler for Video:

I just can't believe people voted for this crook.
And I, I'm haunted
By the promises I made
And others I have broken."- Poe, "Haunted"

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/exile4ever
Old 2017-06-02, 20:39   Link #449
Key Board
Carbon

Why wouldn't they vote for him?

He has convinced them that only he cares for them and everyone else is exploiting them or "wasting" money or less important things
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2017-06-03, 00:21   Link #450
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile4ever View Post
We need more fun tweets like this one, I just can't get enough of them.

Spoiler for Trump Tweet:

The real Trump collusion with Russia....oh wait?

Spoiler for Video:

I just can't believe people voted for this crook.
Why do people like you believe in this unsubstantiated garbage? Practically all of her claims are conspiratorial theories with no evidence and many contradictions propped by shit like Clinton Cash. Do some research and learn.

Trumps collusion with Russia is an investigation. While on the surface there seems to be many concerning details regarding his associates this doesn't mean at the moment that we should assume he did anything impeachable yet. Let the investigation process and we will see.

How about we focus on the very real failings of this Presidency? He just abdicated the US as the leader of the free world in many ways yesterday. Good fucking job.
Old 2017-06-03, 01:38   Link #451
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
well, yeah, America first, right? ESPECIALLY THE RICH AMERICANS AND THE LOBBIES!

This decision to leave the Paris Accord, under the untrue premise that we fucking bullied Americans into adopting green energy, is yet another breaking point to me. In my eyes, Trump is not just the mouthpiece of /pol/ and the puppet of Steve Bannon, he is a fucking Captain Planet Villain of the Week and those Corrupts Corporates from the Simpsons who have come into our reality. I have not forgiven Dubya the invasion of Iraq. You can be certain I will NEVER forgive Trump the leaving of Paris Accord. But, fuck the planet and save those coal plants and mines, as well as those SUV eating up dozens of gallons a miles and those jobs that involves them from the car factory worker to the gas station attendant, RIGHT?

Last edited by Sheba; 2017-06-03 at 05:05. Reason: added what kind of worker I mean
Old 2017-06-03, 07:51   Link #452
Key Board
Carbon

Trump could have just signed the accord, and not do anything about it
it's a non binding agreement and I am sure many nations will have varying levels of commitment or even non-commitment

This rejection was for show and to further pronounce the "Americans is being exploited by everyone else" rhetoric
I've checked with someone who watches Fox News, and that seems to be the case.

or maybe Trump's just really upset about Macron trolling him earlier
Old 2017-06-03, 09:58   Link #453
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Trump could have just signed the accord, and not do anything about it
The US already signed it. Withdrawing from the Accords was a purely gratuitous act on Trump's part, part of his overall strategy to overturn anything accomplished by the Obama Administration. I guess he's still smarting from that White House Correspondent's Dinner six full years ago.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-06-03, 10:15   Link #454
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The US already signed it. Withdrawing from the Accords was a purely gratuitous act on Trump's part, part of his overall strategy to overturn anything accomplished by the Obama Administration. I guess he's still smarting from that White House Correspondent's Dinner six full years ago.

YouTube
yeah i feel which trump main plan is just "erease" obama from american president history, by undoning everything obama did what he is doing instead of "actually save the americans" and also make his "awesome wall" of shame, because he want proof to china which he can make his own "big wall to be spoted in the space and turn usa in a full closed xenophobic country.
Old 2017-06-03, 10:33   Link #455
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

The history of our climate.

Images
big pic

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2017-06-03 at 19:48. Reason: Please use the [images] tag for over-sized images instead of the spoiler tag.
Old 2017-06-04, 22:39   Link #456
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

London attacks: Mayor Sadiq Khan dismisses Trump criticism
Old 2017-06-04, 22:58   Link #457
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
omg, really someone help USA asap, this guy is really one of the worst idiot public figure i saw in my life, this guy don't have bounds on how to be a crap guy, why usa??? why you are still allowing this guy still be a president, really the more i see about trump the less idiot and crazy kym start to look in comparation with trump, they are almost perfect for each other as 2 crazy unreasonable peoples, this guy is asking for usa be target for a third war against usa like "almost all the world vs usa", he is being the worst thing usa could pull in many years.
Old 2017-06-04, 23:14   Link #458
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
omg, really someone help USA asap, this guy is really one of the worst idiot public figure i saw in my life, this guy don't have bounds on how to be a crap guy, why usa??? why you are still allowing this guy still be a president, really the more i see about trump the less idiot and crazy kym start to look in comparation with trump, they are almost perfect for each other as 2 crazy unreasonable peoples, this guy is asking for usa be target for a third war against usa like "almost all the world vs usa", he is being the worst thing usa could pull in many years.
Well because it takes a specific procedure to impeach a president. It has been done before, but no one has been removed from office because of it. Nixon resigned before he could be impeached. Clinton was impeached but not removed. Johnson was threatened with impeachment so he'd tow the line for Congress.

It is up to Congress to decide on impeachment. There is no other legal way that I am aware of for removing the President of the United States.
Old 2017-06-04, 23:29   Link #459
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well because it takes a specific procedure to impeach a president. It has been done before, but no one has been removed from office because of it. Nixon resigned before he could be impeached. Clinton was impeached but not removed. Johnson was threatened with impeachment so he'd tow the line for Congress.

It is up to Congress to decide on impeachment. There is no other legal way that I am aware of for removing the President of the United States.
but i means it's rare to see peoples in usa making protests and things like that, while i saw a few ones on the news it's fel like almost the american don't care at all, like trump can say whatever bs he want and the only really agry peoples are the outside american, i'm not saying which don't have peoples around streets asking for him to be throwed away but compared with others places it's looks almost like the americans just or don't care of are to "pridefull" to accept which elect him was a mistake and prefer just do nothing, it's just the feelings i get oveal by how minimum and low are the "news about peoples being anger with him inside american", or the govern is really good at hidden everything or really most of the americans overal just don't care at last that is the feelings i get.

if the peoples in americans where more "loud" things could be a little more fast and the republicans could be really scared to be at his side.
Old 2017-06-04, 23:32   Link #460
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I would think most Americans don't actually listen to him, nor international news really. What happens outside their general city can mean very little to many people, and after the last decade and half, people don't care about the news anymore.