Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzaki Urumi View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-25, 01:53   Link #1164
Kanzaki Urumi

thx, Archer for answering my questions =P

In the anime, when did Archer realise that he is Shirou ?

i have read ppl saying that he actually knew who he was but he was just hiding his identity from Rin since the start.

edited

Last edited by Kanzaki Urumi; 2006-12-26 at 07:45.
Kanzaki Urumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 12:10   Link #1165
Question
Crossdresser

Source regarding how archer's saber decides sto try her hand again at the holy grail? This is an alternate time line shirou we are talking about.
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 12:19   Link #1166
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
Source regarding how archer's saber decides sto try her hand again at the holy grail? This is an alternate time line shirou we are talking about.
The game.

Archer's not going to be so hard on Saber if he experienced otherwise.
Old 2006-12-28, 12:57   Link #1167
mlai

Regarding the question of whether Saber did what she wanted to do or what she had to do... there was a big discussion on that.

The discussion was "If the HG wasn't tainted and didn't have to be destroyed, and Saber had free choice of staying with Shirou or going back to her own time to die, what would she choose?"

A lot of ppl felt that she'd still go back to her own time (to die), for many reasons pertaining to her character makeup. I tend to agree, because she is not a girl. That part of her character is actually not very central to her, as much as a human being can deny it, that is.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 14:44   Link #1168
Kanzaki Urumi

1.why didnt saber just hide in the building when Rider used her hougu? No way Rider can ride a horse in that building and Saber have the advantage of a smaller area to fight in. She can also save herself from using the excalibur if she did that.

2.Why did Archer shut the light's in Illya's house? Is it to buy him some time to complete the UBW incantation?

3.Oh yea i still didnt know have the answer, did Archer have knowledge of his identity since the start when he was summoned (he didnt tell Rin so she wont freak out) or half way of the anime?
Old 2007-01-01, 15:36   Link #1169
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzaki Urumi View Post
1.why didnt saber just hide in the building when Rider used her hougu? No way Rider can ride a horse in that building and Saber have the advantage of a smaller area to fight in. She can also save herself from using the excalibur if she did that.

2.Why did Archer shut the light's in Illya's house? Is it to buy him some time to complete the UBW incantation?

3.Oh yea i still didnt know have the answer, did Archer have knowledge of his identity since the start when he was summoned (he didnt tell Rin so she wont freak out) or half way of the anime?
1) The horse can easily destroy the building in one hit.

2) Obviously.

3) It's not clear if he knew at the very beginning, but it was clear he remembered by the third day.
Old 2007-01-03, 02:55   Link #1170
Question
Crossdresser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
The game.

Archer's not going to be so hard on Saber if he experienced otherwise.
Which route?UBW?
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 03:30   Link #1171
Kanzaki Urumi

i have always thought of it but never asked. HGW suppose to have 7 master/servants so
1. Emiya - Saber
2. Shinji - Rider
3. The teacher ( lol ) - Caster/Assasin
4. Rin - Archer
5. IIya - Berserker
6. Kotomine - Lancer/Gil
7. ?

So whos the 7th? I refering to the anime, not the game.
Old 2007-01-08, 18:41   Link #1172
mlai

The unshown Masters are:

(1) The dude who originally summoned Caster but wasn't bishounen enough so Caster capped him.

(2) Bazett Fraga McRemitz, a member of the Mages' Association and Lancer/Cuhulainn's original Master. Kotomine cut her arm off and she died in the anime. She looks like Vanessa in King of Fighters.
Old 2007-01-12, 15:00   Link #1173
Kanzaki Urumi

i see, so its
1. Emiya - Saber
2. Shinji - Rider
3. The teacher ( lol ) - Caster/Assasin
4. Rin - Archer
5. IIya - Berserker
6. Kotomine - Gil
7. Bazett - Lancer

i first thought Kotomine/Gil forced themselves into the war, this means that they are actually originally inducted into this HGW.
Old 2007-01-12, 15:53   Link #1174
Archer

Technically speaking, it's more like this:

1) Emiya/Rin(UBW) - Saber
2) Sakura/Shinji - Rider
3) Bazette/Kirei - Lancer
4) Rin - Archer
5) Ilya - Berserker
6) Unknown Magus/Souichirou - Caster
7) Ryuudouji Temple/Caster - Assassin
8) Zouken - True Assassin
9) Kirei - Gilgamesh (They're partners, not actually Master/Servant)
Old 2007-01-12, 18:05   Link #1175
mlai

I think the original question is, "Assuming there is a supernatural importance/requirement to having only 7, and exactly 7, magi in the HGW, where are the proper 7?"

To which, I would say:

1. Shirou - Saber
2. Sakura -> Shinji - Rider
3. Bazette -> Kirei - Lancer
4. Rin - Archer
5. Ilya - Berserker
6. Unknown magus -> Souichirou - Caster

The "improper" ones are:
1. Caster - Assassin
2. Nobody - Gilgy (who is technically not part of this HGW)

So, I'm assuming, because there were only 6 proper Masters, and 6 proper Servants, it is how Zouken managed to butt in and get himself a Servant. If there were already 7, the HG would not have allowed him to summon an 8th Servant.

Otherwise, theoretically speaking, uninvited magi could just keep streaming into the city, bump off the "proper" Masters and their Servants, and summon their own, new Servants. Which would not make much sense.
Old 2007-01-12, 18:46   Link #1176
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
I think the original question is, "Assuming there is a supernatural importance/requirement to having only 7, and exactly 7, magi in the HGW, where are the proper 7?"

To which, I would say:

1. Shirou - Saber
2. Sakura -> Shinji - Rider
3. Bazette -> Kirei - Lancer
4. Rin - Archer
5. Ilya - Berserker
6. Unknown magus -> Souichirou - Caster

The "improper" ones are:
1. Caster - Assassin
2. Nobody - Gilgy (who is technically not part of this HGW)

So, I'm assuming, because there were only 6 proper Masters, and 6 proper Servants, it is how Zouken managed to butt in and get himself a Servant. If there were already 7, the HG would not have allowed him to summon an 8th Servant.

Otherwise, theoretically speaking, uninvited magi could just keep streaming into the city, bump off the "proper" Masters and their Servants, and summon their own, new Servants. Which would not make much sense.
Technically speaking, that's still seven Servants. Avenger, who was definitely not a proper Servant, was counted amongst the seven Servants in the Third Heaven's Feel (replacing Berserker). Zouken, instead of summoning a brand new Servant, instead summoned True Assassin from a previously existing Servant (Assassin). If he had tried otherwise, he probably would've failed (but don't hold me on that).

Also, note that Assassin's real master is technically the temple itself. He's bound to the temple, just like how Servants are bound to their Master.

Last edited by Archer; 2007-01-12 at 18:56.
Old 2007-01-16, 02:55   Link #1177
Myname

Quote:
Caster: Grrreat...a Caster who can't cast spells...Shirou's mystic in the story is actually a leak of his reality marble. Shirou's origin is 'swords' (For more information on 'origin' please read Kara no Kyokai or pm me for details)
Ok, so a mystic is like a magical attack while magic is like transcending worlds, ressing people, summoning things and stuff like that?

What exactly is a "Phantasm"? I hear alot of these "Phantasms" from people that play melty blood. Noble Phantasm? Broken Phantasm?

What exactly is a "Marble"? I think theres something else besides a reality marble...

And lastly, Shirou's origin is swords? Explain please.
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 11:00   Link #1178
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
Ok, so a mystic is like a magical attack while magic is like transcending worlds, ressing people, summoning things and stuff like that?

What exactly is a "Phantasm"? I hear alot of these "Phantasms" from people that play melty blood. Noble Phantasm? Broken Phantasm?

What exactly is a "Marble"? I think theres something else besides a reality marble...

And lastly, Shirou's origin is swords? Explain please.
Mystic - Otherwise known as sorcery. What you pretty much see everybody using in the war. The effects of sorcery can be replicated by current science. http://fuyuki.pbwiki.com/Magic#Thaumaturgy

Magic - Miracles. Magic allows people to do things that are impossible with current science. Anything that can be done with an infinite amount of time and resources with current science is not Magic. There are currently only 5 Magics left in the world, with even fewer amount of users. No participant of the Fifth Heaven's Feel was a true magic user. http://fuyuki.pbwiki.com/Magic#Magic

Noble Phantasm - A legendary artifact, crafted after other people's perceptions of it. Essentially, a legend given form. The attack strength of a Noble Phantasm is based upon how strong legends and other people perceive it to be. http://fuyuki.pbwiki.com/Artifact#NoblePhantasms

Broken Phantasm - Raising the attack value of a Noble Phantasm by essentially blowing it up. What you see Archer doing when he fires Caladborg II at Berserker.

Marble Phantasm - The ability to do anything that is possible within the realms of reality. If the chance of an event happening is not zero, then the Marble Phantasm can allow it to happen. Not seen in Fate/Stay Night.

Reality Marble - A "reality" that overrides the true reality. It is essentially the materialization of the user's soul. Everything within the Reality Marble must follow the rules within it, though that rule is often limited. However, it can even allow people to do things that are impossible in the true reality. Whenever a Reality Marble is deployed, the true reality tries to crush it, allowing the user only a few minutes to use it. Only a few sorcerers were able to obtain this sorcery. An imitation of Magic. http://fuyuki.pbwiki.com/Spells#RealityMarble

Origin - http://fuyuki.pbwiki.com/Magic#Origin Shirou's foundation is swords. The direction that his life will take is dependent on his foundation. Even if he can't do any other sorcery to save his life, he will at least be able to use sorcery regarding swords. This becomes rather obvious when you look at his Reality Marble, Unlimited Blade Works.

Last edited by Archer; 2007-01-16 at 12:13.
Old 2007-01-16, 14:04   Link #1179
mlai

So Archer was using Broken Phantasm on his little boomerang scimitars and that's why they blew up when they hit Berserker?

So Shirou's "foundation" is kinda like his horoscope or spirit totem or something?
Old 2007-01-16, 14:26   Link #1180
Archer

Technically, they're not meant to be used in that manner (oh, silly DEEN). There's several things in the anime that go against what is said in the game (Hello Avalon, Ea, Gilgamesh, God Hand, etc.). Personally, I have no idea whether those were Broken Phantasms or not. (I would think that they were, though.)

Here's what Fuyuki Wiki has to say on the matter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuki Wiki
Archer's normal use of it is meant to be through 2 series of X-shaped slashes overlayed over each other (and not thrown either) followed by a reinforced version of Kanshou and Bakuya in the final projection. This would be the winged version seen in the anime, Kanshou and Bakuya Overedge.
For Shirou's origin: It's kinda like a horoscope, as it represents the types of actions that Shirou will take. In a way, it does predict one's future, but not really.

And I forgot about one other Phantasm:

Last Phantasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuki Wiki
The greatest of Noble Phantasms. Excalibur falls into this category.
There's also the Artifical Phantasm, but the definition is pretty vague as to what it is. (It refers to Shirou using Archer's Arm)

Last edited by Archer; 2007-01-16 at 14:40.