AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 66 70.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 24.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 4.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-15, 03:28   Link #81
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post

also if this doesn't convince you i talked about episode 8 in my first post as well. i know it's been a long time since that episode so it's normal to forget it ( i had to go review it myself too ), but matoi does say she used to 'live in kindergarten dorms" when asked by mako if she was living a princess like life.

she wasn't really raised by her father. their contact was minimal.

i am just mentioning a possibility here. you don't have to agree with it.

the post is here, http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...5&postcount=15 .

Ryuko said she started living in the dorms since grade school (shōgakkō 小学校), not kindergarten (yōchien 幼稚園). Even at grade 1, that means she would have to be at least 6 years old. At least review your source.

Last I heard, babies don't raise themselves. So someone has to be taking care of her.
Old 2014-02-15, 03:55   Link #82
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Ryuko said she started living in the dorms since grade school (shōgakkō 小学校), not kindergarten (yōchien 幼稚園). Even at grade 1, that means she would have to be at least 6 years old. At least review your source.

Last I heard, babies don't raise themselves. So someone has to be taking care of her.
Lets just wait and see what happens . I already gave my reasoning for my prediction so nothing to add here. I am sure there are probably others who believe in this prediction and think the same way . Time will tell if they are one person or not .
Old 2014-02-15, 07:24   Link #83
Iron Maw
Banned

Man the payoff from the last two episodes after all that build up has been quite stellar. Sure a lot these events were fairly predictable, but execution has been really good.

Not surprised that Ragyo didn't die from the beheading, she is the main antagonist after all. Though found it I did highly ironic that she was criticizing Satsuki for not actually wearing Junketsu when she isn't either. Or atleast that's what is implied by her transformation anyway.

Ryuuho will probably alright, but getting your heart pulled out in front of you is got to be some terrifying shit.
Old 2014-02-15, 09:08   Link #84
Candyshark

Soichiro=Isshin=Gendou.

If Soichiro and Isshin is the same person I can't call him good father. If he did save Ryuuko he neglected her completely just to prepare her for destroying Ragyo. Not a plus in good children-parent relationship book. For every major character personal goals what fueled their determination. So what was it for Isshin so much more important than his presumed daughter?

Even if he couldn't take care of the child who did have enough money to find good surrogate mother figure for her.

But Anime Online has a point a 4 years old should have a memory of people around him. And we always saw him as oldman in her flashbacks.

Right now 90% of my attention is on Nui and her scissors part. I hope it is going to play some crucial role otherwise why even introduce it's special ability.

P.S: Now I want to slap Soichiro haircut on every male character in series.
Old 2014-02-15, 11:36   Link #85
Shyni

I'm guessing the only thing that can cut off Ragyo's head is the combined Scissors Sword. Or at least, they'll have to try it.
Old 2014-02-15, 12:31   Link #86
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
I'm guessing the only thing that can cut off Ragyo's head is the combined Scissors Sword. Or at least, they'll have to try it.
It won't work until Ryuuko and Satsuki hold hands and perform an attack named "KILL la KILL!"

They have to scream the name of course xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2014-02-15, 12:38   Link #87
Gravitas Free Zone

The usual dramatic progression would require defeating the putative dragon (Nui) which leads to recovering both halves of the scissor, which then must be used to cut off Ragyo's head... mentioning during the episode that Bakuzan alone couldn't do it (and then breaking Bakuzan) makes that outcome almost a requirement.

Now, whether Ryuko and Satsuki have another big fight before/during/after/all of the above that happening... is also probably just a matter of timing.
Old 2014-02-15, 14:24   Link #88
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Soichiro=Isshin=Gendou.

If Soichiro and Isshin is the same person I can't call him good father. If he did save Ryuuko he neglected her completely just to prepare her for destroying Ragyo. Not a plus in good children-parent relationship book. For every major character personal goals what fueled their determination. So what was it for Isshin so much more important than his presumed daughter?

Even if he couldn't take care of the child who did have enough money to find good surrogate mother figure for her.

But Anime Online has a point a 4 years old should have a memory of people around him. And we always saw him as oldman in her flashbacks.

Right now 90% of my attention is on Nui and her scissors part. I hope it is going to play some crucial role otherwise why even introduce it's special ability.

P.S: Now I want to slap Soichiro haircut on every male character in series.
I am not saying who took care of her or who didn't. That's not that important to plot. From episode 8 we can just infer that their relationship/contact was at minimal level from ryoko's perspective. when did i say Isshin wasn't ever with ryoko? ryoko knows him as her father who she barely/rarely saw around. Just re watch episode 8 . You will see what i mean.

Also Isshin saved ryoko. ryoko's heartbeat stopped in the flashback. he must have taken some extreme measures to save her ( most likely life fibber related). We can't say if Isshin really raised her to fight life fibbers or not without knowing more about the background history.

also Isshin gave Ryoko a choice even though Ryoko was essentially the only person who could save humanity at that point ( only person who could use Senketsu). isshin tells Ryoko if you want to lead a happy life, ... just leave now. But if not take that scissor, you will meet the other person with scissor and have a harsh fate, ... . He let ryoko know her choices, Happy life vs harsh destiny and let her pick even though her saying no would have potentially meant the end of humanity. She choose what she wanted to do herself.

And yes i know he didn't tell her the full details ( although i believe he wanted to as he pleaded ryoko to stay instead of chase, but either way from episode 17 we can infer that Ryoko would have probably still chosen the same path even if she had known the details.

Personally to me it is as clear as day they are the same people. but ya nothing is certain until confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
agreed.
Old 2014-02-15, 21:29   Link #89
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Let me just apologize right now;

I was on some people for saying that it was going to be as intense like TTGL. I...I was abosolutely fucking wrong.

DAT TWIST......no wonder Satsuki was somewhat always not altogether rough on Ryuko. Mommie Dearest is officially one of the best villians ever.

The father is DEFINITELY either Fabu-sensei or someone related: that resemblance can't be no joke. It'd explain why Nudist Beach exists.

I'm pretty sure Satsuki and Ryuko will both bounce back. Pretty obvious that the scissors will reunite to defeat Mommie Dearest. However, I'm not too sure about the Devas.....I don't think Sangayama is going to survive.

And you know things are wack when even NUI of all people is looking at you like, 'WTF happened?!'
Old 2014-02-15, 21:58   Link #90
Kon the Magnificent

All I have to say is...

THIS IS KILL LA KILL!

And more to add

This was an excellent episode. I figured the two were related in some way, cousins maybe, but the moment the dead little sister was mentioned, I was like

"yeaaaah, so Ryoko is the sister."

Loved the action, the blood, the action, the Mako, the blood, and more of the Mako, and let's not forget the Ragyu and Satsuki action. Did I mention Mako and her family? It was a great episode. I wonder how things are going to progress between the sisters from here?

I bet Satsuki is going to try to play the cool big sis role now

And then Ryoko will be all like.

"Nah Eyebrows, chill out Sis!"
Old 2014-02-15, 22:00   Link #91
Knightrunner

I'll be viewing this quote in a different light after seeing this episode.

"Fear is freedom! Control is release! Contradiction is truth! That is the reality of this world!"
Satsuki
Old 2014-02-15, 22:08   Link #92
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post

"Fear is freedom! Control is release! Contradiction is truth! That is the reality of this world!"
Satsuki
That bit honestly made me think of Orwell's 1984.

"Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. War is peace." - The Party, 1984

So it's actually this bit that makes me think that Satsuki may still be an antagonist, at least in some respects.
Old 2014-02-15, 22:27   Link #93
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

So it's actually this bit that makes me think that Satsuki may still be an antagonist, at least in some respects.
That's a really good book.

The first episode I felt that relation, but when she quoted it this episode I felt a different meaning like her fear of COVERS will lead to freedom, learning to control power will lead to release, and her siding with mankind instead of COVERS is the true.
Old 2014-02-15, 23:36   Link #94
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I hope nothing bad happens to the Devas though, especially Gamagoori. He and Mako are waaaaaaay too adorable together.

Though, like I said....I do seriously think Sangaeyama's going.
Old 2014-02-16, 14:53   Link #95
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

wow. seriously, I've thought of this before.

with all those talk about how the writers just made stuff as they went along, like when they revealed that life fibers were ALIENS, the possibility of satsuki and ryuuko being sisters were high, I also thought that dr. matoi was satsuki's father, but it might turn out that he was just another scientist who saved ryuuko and was soichiro's ally.

no wonder they turned out like that, with that kind of mother I'm sure any child will have issues at that age
Old 2014-02-17, 01:17   Link #96
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I don't think Isshin and Souichiro are the same guy. I wouldn't put it past the writers to tease us in that direction (they already have, arguably, just not overtly), but the three or four year window between baby Ryuuko getting dumped and Souichiro having his heart-to-heart with Satsuki (not to mention any time between then and loli Ryuuko getting shipped off on the first leg of her protectionary exile from Honnouji, assuming Souichiro didn't "die" right after Satsuki met with him) would basically require the two to be in two places at once. That's a lot easier when there are actually two of you.
Old 2014-02-17, 05:38   Link #97
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I'll be viewing this quote in a different light after seeing this episode.

Satsuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

There surely was a reference there, true. But yeah, when she said that to her mother I felt like I finally understood what she meant as well: she found her freedom in being afraid of her mother, she was released by pretending she was controlled (and controlling herself), and these apparent contradictions actually hid the truth all along. I get the feeling though Satsuki has still a very dried-up, utilitaristic view of the world: kill or be killed, the strong rule the weak. And even so, she actually clearly feels a form of affection for someone (Soroi, the Elite Four), without maybe even realizing it's not just their strength she's acknowledging. I reckon her personal acceptance of this fact is going to be her character arc in the next episodes (if this tragic flaw doesn't outright get her killed now and here, that is).

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-02-17, 20:01   Link #98
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
It won't work until Ryuuko and Satsuki hold hands and perform an attack named "KILL la KILL!"

They have to scream the name of course xD
I bet Satsuki will use the other half to replace her shattered Bakuzan. Still holding my hopes high for Mako kicking (or at least help) someone's butt soon.
Old 2014-02-18, 04:14   Link #99
TimeSkip

If Isshin was not Ryoko's real father , but was just Souichiro's ally, does Ryoko still want to avenge his death?

After all, fighting her mother whom she just met and never knew to avenge an old man who was not related to her and whom she also barely knew does not make sense.

And if Isshin was Souichiro, would she kill her mother to avenge her father? It may be the first and the last time that she gets to call someone mother.

As for Ragyo, Ryoko's now worthy of succeeding her; she may try playing mother & daughter card.
Old 2014-02-18, 07:52   Link #100
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post

As for Ragyo, Ryoko's now worthy of succeeding her; she may try playing mother & daughter card.
Excellent point. I could easily see Ragyo try to seduce Ryoko into following her, and basically take Satsuki's place. And Ragyo even has something she can play on - Ryoko's very close bond with Senketsu.

I think it was quigonkenny that pointed out that there's actually four competing philosophies here. Going by memory, and paraphrasing here...

Ragyo - Life Fiber domination.

Ryoko - Human/Life Fiber co-existence (i.e. neither dominates the other).

Satsuki - Human domination over Life Fibers.

Nudist Beach - Life Fiber elimination.

In this sense, Ryoko is no closer to Satsuki or Nudist Beach than she is to Ragyo. This is something that Ragyo could use to try to win over Ryoko.

I have my doubts the show will go in this direction, but I'd find it interesting if they did.