AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 12 10.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 32.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 32.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 14.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.71%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-22, 12:53   Link #21
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Once again though a theme song is overshadowing the actual episode which is what this topic is here to discuss. I'd ask if this could possibly be moved to the music discussion forum and discussion pertaining to music might be discussed there exclusively if possible. What do the moderators say?
Oops. Once again, you're right.
Old 2007-04-22, 13:12   Link #22
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye.. Kona has done her 3 songs now...its likely we'll hear each of the characters do a few songs in various off/on keys.

Makes me wonder what the others like to hear (I suspect Miyuki will do more anime songs since she liked what Kona was singing .... Kagami is a big question mark as is her sister).

I just realized the construction of Kagami's eyes remind me of the way Azumanga's Sakaki's eyes are drawn. Not a cultural reference... just an eye structure similarity. Its probably why I keep glancing at her rather than just obsessing on Kona

This is one case where the "ED" is really part of the show.... so it may continue to be appropriate to at least discuss it in that context
Old 2007-04-22, 13:27   Link #23
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
...I just realized the construction of Kagami's eyes remind me of the way Azumanga's Sakaki's eyes are drawn. ...
Kagami's eyes do add to her "I'm smart" look, which made seeing her in kawaii mode much more disturbing .

Once again, heavy dialogue, which means I'll just rewatch it for the cute imagery (until subs come out)

Mmh... If they show more flustered Kagami images, I'm afraid I'll have to jump from the Konata wagon to Skane's Kagami Fan Wagon .
Old 2007-04-22, 13:56   Link #24
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Aye.. Kona has done her 3 songs now...its likely we'll hear each of the characters do a few songs in various off/on keys.

Makes me wonder what the others like to hear (I suspect Miyuki will do more anime songs since she liked what Kona was singing .... Kagami is a big question mark as is her sister).

I just realized the construction of Kagami's eyes remind me of the way Azumanga's Sakaki's eyes are drawn. Not a cultural reference... just an eye structure similarity. Its probably why I keep glancing at her rather than just obsessing on Kona

This is one case where the "ED" is really part of the show.... so it may continue to be appropriate to at least discuss it in that context
I would guess Miyuki would give us a bunch of kids show renditions. Something along the lines of Candy Candy or Doraemon. Kagami is an unknown. I had never thought that maybe each of the characters will get a turn, but now it seems obvious to me.
Old 2007-04-22, 13:58   Link #25
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
Kagami's eyes do add to her "I'm smart" look, which made seeing her in kawaii mode much more disturbing .

Once again, heavy dialogue, which means I'll just rewatch it for the cute imagery (until subs come out)

Mmh... If they show more flustered Kagami images, I'm afraid I'll have to jump from the Konata wagon to Skane's Kagami Fan Wagon .

ill just stick both of the wagons together with super glue if need be but i do think that kagami has this Ojo thing going on (just look at the way she walks in the OP )
Quote:
tsukasa would probably follow the crowd while kagami would be forced to sing what kona picks for her

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-04-22, 13:59   Link #26
krln99

What was surprising is that Kona gave advice on how to send cards and how to do girl's stuff like do hair in a ponytail. You'd think she wouldn't be into that. I think it surprised Kagami, too, given the look of shock on her face.

Last edited by krln99; 2007-04-24 at 17:45.
Old 2007-04-22, 14:39   Link #27
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
I know, rather unnecessary, but I love this OP:
For those of us not as much in the know... what series is this the OP to?
Old 2007-04-22, 14:42   Link #28
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
For those of us not as much in the know... what series is this the OP to?
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu. The very first full animated TV series credited to Kyoto Animation, I believe. Good humor series, lol.
Old 2007-04-22, 15:40   Link #29
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
In the first five minutes of the FMP TSR OVA for example, we get to see Tessa in underwear and under the shower (and they show about as much as they can without turning FMP into soft-hentai or something)... so KyoAni is definitely not shy of fan service.
Whoo, never heard of that, I'm gonna check this OVA out for sure.

As for Lucky Star, the second episode was kinda tough on me without subtitles, I didn't quite get everything, so this time I'll go for the first subbed version instead of the raw.
In general I'm just not otaku enough for a lot of the references though, but oh well...
Old 2007-04-22, 16:33   Link #30
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu. The very first full animated TV series credited to Kyoto Animation, I believe. Good humor series, lol.
Partially credited actually. Let's not forget Gonzo's involvement along with Sunrise and....er Master of Entertaiment (actually let's forget that one). Yes even FMP Fummofu and Second Raid still had Gonzo staff in writing and directing postions, although not chief director. The first true series that can be fully credited to Kyoto Animation is Air.
Old 2007-04-22, 16:49   Link #31
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Am I the only one who recognized Konata's reference to "Wedding Peach" when they were talking about wedding dresses ("Yumega Ippai, Furil ippai~," Angel Salvia, Angel Daisy) wwww
Old 2007-04-22, 17:12   Link #32
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Hahaha, full of pwning punchlines by Kona-chan, and an amazing Hirano to boost. I can't wait till subs are out to see how much I've lost.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-04-22, 21:07   Link #33
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Am I the only one who recognized Konata's reference to "Wedding Peach" when they were talking about wedding dresses ("Yumega Ippai, Furil ippai~," Angel Salvia, Angel Daisy) wwww
OMG, OMG! I cannot believe I missed that! That was one of my favorite shows, too (yeah, I'm a guy, and I love "Wedding Peach, " so sue me)

Anyway, heavy on the dialog side, so I'll have to post my thoughts until after the subs come out. Of what I did understand was:
Spoiler:

Edit: Hm... never seen FMP; didn't me leave a good first impression and I dropped it. Wonder if that was a bad idea.... As Nemo_N says, I can't stop from looping it

Last edited by dahl_moon; 2007-04-22 at 23:27. Reason: FMP
Old 2007-04-22, 22:53   Link #34
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
As expected, humour really is better when one knows all the injokes. The previous two episodes were pretty amusing for me, but this one was hilarious. When the PPD reference appeared, I just about fell out of my chair laughing. I'd imagine that if it were some other anime that I haven't seen, the humour there would have been tepid at best.

Similarly, I was kind of ambivalent about the previous two "ending songs", but when I heard the opening chords to this one, I had this big stupid grin on my face.

Lots of dialogue here, as usual. I'll wait for the subs to really understand it, but the references I did get were well worth the price of admission.
Old 2007-04-23, 02:19   Link #35
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland] View Post
It is only to my regret that none of them said the following,

"PONY."

Already made two new Kagami avatars (three actually, but I decided to reject the first one due to lack of quality), with more on the way.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-23, 03:16   Link #36
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Does anyone think the quiz game I hear about from this episode might have anything to do with advertising this. I think the premise is you square of against one of the characters in a quiz/puzzle duel answering impossible questions with answers like these.
Old 2007-04-23, 07:16   Link #37
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Amazing.

The Ponytail Association Of Japan do exist.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%...83%BC%E3%83%AB

And 7th of July is really Ponytail Day in Japan.
Old 2007-04-23, 09:56   Link #38
Level E
みwiki

Flora or Bianca. Flora or Bianca.

I couldn't help laughing as soon as I heard Konata making that referrence.
Even more so, when Kagami knew the game it was from. :LOL:
Old 2007-04-24, 05:39   Link #39
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I agree that Kagami kinda looked like a warrior, but I also think she's the one that looked best with a ponytail.

After that talk of "love", I wonder how she'd get along with Papillon? (Busou Renkin).
Old 2007-04-24, 07:42   Link #40
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I like how they turn useful knowledge into humor like posting to get into lucky draws, twins, june wedding and etc.

This is a Konata and Kagami episode, the two of em really made the humor works for me, more so than Miyuki or Tsukasa.