AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 26 36.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 27.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-12, 03:54   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Steins;Gate - Episode 15 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Steins;Gate, Episode 15.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-07-12, 14:03   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

S;G 15 - Unforgotten strength will bring us kindness that we've seen somewhere before

Very Suzuha-centric episode. Her backstory could pretty much be inferred from the early episodes, but it's nice to have out in the open. The episode also gave the hints towards the true identity of her father really heavily, but until next week, I'll refrain from commenting. The show should say it before I do.

Rintaro once again provided some great laughs this week. Such as his "I was under the screenname Hououin-" "We know!". His facial expression that the camera held on after that was priceless. His talk with the badge guy was also great, especially his random attempts at English. Rock on, crazy mad scientist.
Old 2011-07-12, 14:53   Link #3
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Coming in expecting a serious, dark atmosphere episode but got a somewhat lighthearted one instead. Though it isn't a bad thing considering I harboured the thought that we won't be getting anymore laughters due to the recent developments.

An episode dedicated to mostly about Suzuha on her life in the future, her dad, her mission and her acceptance of Kurisu of the current time.

Daru being awesome with his IT knowledge and his antics as usual
Old 2011-07-12, 15:03   Link #4
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
After the craziness of last few episodes, this episode seems like a breather episode. It's really nice though, seeing them working as a group together is definitely more fun and effective than just Okarin alone trying to save Mayuri. Also, things will definitely go to hell again next week when they start time travelling again.

There's less Kurisu this time, makes sense as it's a more Suzuha-centric episode, and we finally see alive Mayuri being really adorable (not bright, but cute) with her attempts to find Suzuha's Dad. Speaking of, they don't explicitly state it yet, but with the way things are (suddenly, melancholic music when Daru and Suzuha starts talking) it seems more likely that Daru is Barrel Titor. Which makes his advances on her really really creepy (to be fair, he didn't know that), hope the truth will come out soon.

Greatest laughs were definitely from Okarin this episode though. The channer screenname being no surprise at all is hilarious, and Kurisu's nickname of 'chestnut rice' and 'kamehameha' is both cute (that blush) and funny too. But the best scene is without a doubt Okarin's English, especially 'It's so cool' and 'Sonuvabitch'. I already replayed it 3 times already, probably will do it again after I post this. I really want to see that as a gif - no, as a ringtone for my phone. Tutturu for text messages (oh yeah, no tuturu this ep is a crime) and 'I am Mad Scientist' for phone will be glorious.
Old 2011-07-12, 15:04   Link #5
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

A slow episode, but still a great one nonetheless. Suzuha's backstory was fully revealed, and once again Daru is heavily implied to be her father, but we don't know for sure yet. Character interactions were lovely and funny, especially from Okabe.

HEY MISTER! I AM MAD SCIENTIST! ITSO COOOOOOOL!

SUNUVABITCH!

Old 2011-07-12, 15:15   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
HEY MISTER! I AM MAD SCIENTIST! ITSO COOOOOOOL!

SUNUVABITCH!

-snip-
Best scene of the episode by far. I burst out laughing when I saw this

That episode was a nice breather compared to the drama heavy we've had these past few weeks. Very pleasant to watch. Mayushii's plan was brilliant to find Suzuha's father. It's hilarious that even Kurisu fell for it

I expected the identity of Suzuha's father to be revealed this week since they've made it so glaringly obvious that it's Daru (although the fact he didn't react to the Barrel Titor nickname puzzles me), I feel they're dragging this plot point a little too much.
Old 2011-07-12, 15:15   Link #7
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Best english I've heard this season that beats Sacred Seven's episode 2
Old 2011-07-12, 15:17   Link #8
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yet again, the episode ends when I think it is half over. For a slow episode, it went by very quickly.

Seeing Daru and Suzuha together at the time machine in complete ignorance almost brought tears to my eyes. I wonder if Fayris-tan's real name is Amane?

Tamura Yukari (Nanoha, Mai in Kanon, Otogijushi Akazukin) is just great in the uncharacteristic role of Suzuha. Not that Imai Asami as Kurisu isn't even more wonderful. Great husky quality in her voice, and beautifully designed cadence.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-07-12 at 15:29.
Old 2011-07-12, 15:32   Link #9
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Yea, Daru is definitely her dad, which just makes the perverted comments of his that much funnier. Unless their heavy implications are meant to make us go wtf when they do a 180 on us. But, I doubt it.

I'm getting the impression that the time machine only works in one direction: to the past. It certainly makes little sense for a time machine to be able to go in the future after all. Which is why all the melancholy this episode from Suzahu as she's essentially saying goodbye, since she won't see them again (unless she was to stay in 1975 and then meet them as a 43 year old in 2010 ).

Now, one big question and one minor one:

1) Why not simply NOT send the d-mail that triggered SERN's system? Would seem to be far easier. Or don't even develop the phone microwave. A simple d-mail to the past would take care of that. Either there's a reason Suzahu wants the time machine to still be developed, or this is ultimately a fictional story from a video game and it's not much of a game or story if all you do is send a text message to the past to fix everything. Probably the latter. Actually, I suppose with the whole "fate" issue that exists, it's also possible that they can't get around their fate of creating the phone microwave, which is why they need to jump through hoops and come up with convoluted plans instead.

2) How does Karisu know about SERN experimentation on humans? This version of Kurisu shouldn't, since there was no IBN 5100 to decode the SERN emails. Not that I think there's a sinister reason behind her knowledge. My guess is it's hard to get everything right in a time travel show and was simply overlooked.

Last edited by creb; 2011-07-12 at 15:45.
Old 2011-07-12, 15:53   Link #10
Aqua Knight

But if the 1st D-Mail isn't sent then Kurisu is dead?? And yeah, Suzuha and Daru converstion+her tears are a very strong implications of Daru being the father, but then why would Suzuha not just stop looking for father and still go with Okabe to find that "SUNUVABITCH"?

I already want the next epiosde, ughhh!
Old 2011-07-12, 16:04   Link #11
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Yea, Daru is definitely her dad, which just makes the perverted comments of his that much funnier..
What I want to know is how people were able to deduce this already from like 10 episodes. This, and other things that were theorized about seemed so ridiculous that I couldn't believe them until the show gave hints to them.. Wouldn't be surprising if there was some VN player here who '' theorized '' it by giving clever hints so that we would get spoiled <.<. (Wouldn't be the first time this has happened..)

Great episode nevertheless, even though slow. It indeed ended when I thought it was just half-over. Oh I wonder what was the deal with that pin. Why would that '' dude '' know about it when Daru himself didn't know about it?

Btw.. if they don't send the d-mail then Kurisu will be dead so this obviously is not an option. Same goes for not creating the time machine as the d-mail then will never be sent. As for the human experiments. When Daru got into the SERN's database (although most stuff was encrypted) they were able to read something in which it said Human is dead. Mismatch. The same phrase was then repeated many times later when they utilized IBN and decrypted the emails and whatever.

Ps. How on earth do you manage to typo Suzuha's name every single time, and now Kurisu's aswell? It's not Suzahu and it's not Karisu.

^ : I understood it this way : The message will be sent, but deleted from SERN's database with hacking so SERN will not know of it. She needs IBN to hack to SERN, so Suzuha is traveling back to 1975 to get it.
Old 2011-07-12, 16:06   Link #12
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Maybe it was on Wikipedia at the time before it got edited? Then the person that read it scrambled words to make it sound like a theory more then a spoiler?
Old 2011-07-12, 16:07   Link #13
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
What I want to know is how people were able to deduce this already from like 10 episodes. This, and other things that were theorized about seemed so ridiculous that I couldn't believe them until the show gave hints to them.. Wouldn't be surprising if there was some VN player here who '' theorized '' it by giving clever hints so that we would get spoiled <.<. (Wouldn't be the first time this has happened..)

Great episode nevertheless, even though slow. It indeed ended when I thought it was just half-over. Oh I wonder what was the deal with that pin. Why would that '' dude '' know about it when Daru himself didn't know about it?
The reason I guessed Daru was Suzuha's father earlier was there a weird focus in on a picture in an earlier episode with Suzuha and Daru behind her while she was talking about looking for her Dad. Plus she said that her father wasn't at the meeting that day, which is coincidental seeing as Daru chose to skip it at the last moment. The hair color has some similarities too.

It was a clear hint to me at least.
Old 2011-07-12, 16:51   Link #14
whatbob1
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Wouldn't be surprising if there was some VN player here who '' theorized '' it by giving clever hints so that we would get spoiled <.<. (Wouldn't be the first time this has happened..)
You're correct.

A huge amount of people that post in these episode threads already know what's going to happen and play it off as "oh hey guys I have this theory" haha.

I can imagine it be extremely annoying for those that don't want to spoil themselves, but hey what can you do .
Old 2011-07-12, 17:11   Link #15
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
The question is ; Why?

Why spoil people. Why go to such lengths just to spoil people such as acting that you're theorizing about what is going to happen but you're actually speaking of events that will happen as you know it. What kind of pleasure would people get from ruining the anime for others? I wish you, the ones who so much love spoiling in AS, would come out and explain us.
Old 2011-07-12, 17:48   Link #16
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Best scene of the episode by far. I burst out laughing when I saw this
As did I. Absolutely hilarious.

Quote:
I'm getting the impression that the time machine only works in one direction: to the past. It certainly makes little sense for a time machine to be able to go in the future after all.
Well, the original plan was to go to 1975 and then 2010, so it'd have to at least be able to go to the future in relation to its current point in time.

By the way, is there really no room for two girls in the Time Machine? Because that seems like an incredibly easy way to save Mayuri, if she could fit (even if cramped). She can't be killed if she isn't even present in the timeline, unless the universe is out to get her so bad that she'd get the Time Machine destroyed on its way back to <later than her intended death date> in 2010.
Old 2011-07-12, 17:54   Link #17
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
In the Time Machine? Because that seems like an incredibly easy way to save Mayuri, if she could fit (even if cramped). She can't be killed if she isn't even present in the timeline, unless the universe is out to get her so bad that she'd get the Time Machine destroyed on its way back to <later than her intended death date> in 2010.
Fitting two girls into one confined and stuffy space? Daru would approve~
Old 2011-07-12, 18:15   Link #18
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

wow
lot of original scenes in this episode
lol at bamboocopter camera
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatbob1 View Post
You're correct.

A huge amount of people that post in these episode threads already know what's going to happen and play it off as "oh hey guys I have this theory" haha.

I can imagine it be extremely annoying for those that don't want to spoil themselves, but hey what can you do .
spoiler will not become spoiler unless someone points it out
its more vexing for those who know that it is spoiler but must keep silent

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
Old 2011-07-12, 19:54   Link #19
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
1) Why not simply NOT send the d-mail that triggered SERN's system? Would seem to be far easier. Or don't even develop the phone microwave. A simple d-mail to the past would take care of that. Either there's a reason Suzahu wants the time machine to still be developed, or this is ultimately a fictional story from a video game and it's not much of a game or story if all you do is send a text message to the past to fix everything. Probably the latter. Actually, I suppose with the whole "fate" issue that exists, it's also possible that they can't get around their fate of creating the phone microwave, which is why they need to jump through hoops and come up with convoluted plans instead.
Then it would simply be the Dmail that you used to overwrite the other dmail that would trip SERN's alarm.

Quote:
2) How does Karisu know about SERN experimentation on humans? This version of Kurisu shouldn't, since there was no IBN 5100 to decode the SERN emails. Not that I think there's a sinister reason behind her knowledge. My guess is it's hard to get everything right in a time travel show and was simply overlooked.
I'm not 100% positive but I don't believe the IBN 5100 was ever used to hack that information.
Old 2011-07-12, 19:57   Link #20
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I'm not 100% positive but I don't believe the IBN 5100 was ever used to hack that information.
The lab members did use the IBN 5100 to decode the emails in SERN's messages to find out about their failed experiments that involved reports about jelly humans. I believe it was in episode 5 where they brought the IBN 5100 back. They hacked other messages without the IBN 5100 to find out about experiments that have people killed during them but I believe no other information was placed.
Closed Thread