Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-07-31, 06:11   Link #641
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege View Post
I believe he's saying he has the same power as madara but he's not confessing his idenity please note that the way Madara is said he's trying to say he has madara's power in so much the same far developed abilities but that he is not madara it's merely a comparison
Yes, I support this view.

I believe that Tobi is Obito and that he is trying to unlock an Uchiha ability, which was possessed by Uchiha Madara that can only be accessed through some sort of ritual that requires the Bijuu to perform.

From Sasuke's flashbacks we see that there was always something mysterious about the behavior of the Uchiha clan. Itachi's father was obsessed with seeing him progress as a ninja to gain influence on the higher ups in the village.

It was of great importance that he attend the secret meetings. His father became enraged when he didn't. Itachi told Sasuke that a secret to the "True Purpose" of
Sharingan lied within the Nakano Shrine, in the secret meeting place.

Sasuke was readily aware that Kyuubi has some sort of history with the Uchiha. Kyuubi described his chakra as sinister like Uchiha Madara's. That would incidicate that Kyuubi knew Madara prior to his attack on Konoha (which could still possibly be Obito since he has been outside the village since before Yondaime became Hokage).

Considering the Uchiha have a storied history that would lead them to create secret meeting places inside of shrines and the Kyuubi is a demon, I think that Uchiha Madara references a distant Uchiha ancestor in their history that interacted with Kyuubi and the other Bijuu, not Tobi himself.

Itachi and Tobi have likely been well aware of the legends, having been introduced to them as Uchiha children at a certain age. Itachi's growth in power lead him to become arrogant and disgusted with the percieved incompetence of the clan, leading him to slaughter them and pursue the secret power they likely feared.
Old 2007-07-31, 06:28   Link #642
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
About the time-space ninjutsu which created quite a discussion.

chapter 92 page 13, Jiraiya : "Yeah ! you sign a contract in blood with various life forms and calls them forth with ninjutsu when needed. It's one type of space-time ninjutsu"

So the space-time ninjutsu Suigetsu was talking about was just good old Kuchiyose. There was nothing more to it.
It was also stated that Sasuke "entered" Manda which would suggest that he hid inside of his body ( ) by teleporting, then teleported himself into another realm.

I think this concept works similar to Jiraiya's Stone Frog summoning. He summoned Manda (having inherited Orochimaru's special sealing tatoo which can be seen on Chapter 363 page. 13), to form around him like a shield and hypnotized him with Sharingan so that he would stay in place, while he teleported himself into another dimension of Space-Time.

When Suigetsu summoned Sasuke back he could only see Manda, then Sasuke suddenly appeared with the classic poof of smoke (Chapter 363 page. 12).

Last edited by MysticNinjaJay; 2007-07-31 at 06:41.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 06:39   Link #643
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
It was also stated that Sasuke "entered" Manda which would suggest that he hid inside of his body ( ) by teleporting, then teleported himself into another realm.
I think he used genjutsu to force Manda to open his mouth and let him enter his body. When hit by the explosion, Manda went back to his world and had to be recalled by Suigetsu. That's all. (and if Suigetsu wasn't around and able to call Manda, Sasuke would have the spent the rest of his life playing with snakes in another world)

Quote:
I think this concept works similar to Jiraiya's Stone Frog summoning. He summoned Manda (having inherited Orochimaru's special sealing tatoo which can be seen on Chapter 363 page. 13), to form around him like a shield and hypnotized him with Sharingan so that he would stay in place, while he teleported himself into another dimension of Space-Time.

When Suigetsu first arrived at the blast site he could only see Manda, then Sasuke suddenly appeared with the classic poof of smoke (Chapter 363 page. 12).
The only smoke I can see on Sasuke's reappearance panel is quite far from him. I think it's a remnant of Manda's poof of smoke. Sasuke's simply walked out of Manda's mouth. (you can see Manda's "nose" (no idea how it's called for a snake in english), so Sasuke is coming from the mouth), so Sasuke is coming from the mouth)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 08:24   Link #644
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Now I'm Usually Wrong but My English Degree won't allow me to walk away from this as alot of people seem to be gravitating to the fact that this is tobi's identity Confession,i don't belive this to be the case.
Quote:
Yes, I support this view.
See here is where the problem lies, you mention your English Degree however that’s exactly the point. It is not about English, it is about Japanese being directly translated to English. Aside from the English language being very ambiguous by it self, it is the Japanese word placement which very different then that of the English language. Most Japanese when translated in to English, the words need to be re-arranged for it to seem like a complete / correct sentence. Also I noticed the line you posted from your NarutoBuzz Trans ->

Quote:
TOBI - the Sharingans true power, My Power,Uchiha Madara's Power!.
By looking at this line it is pretty obvious NarutoBuzz used HisshouBuraiKen's translation, because that was the one which caused the problem in the first place since he did not "mess" with the line, but left it as it should be directly translated to English (meaning he chose not to re-arrange the words after translation). Not to mention, Zabuza uses the word "Kono" to refer to him self in the past chapter just like Tobi did in 363 it adds an air of arrogance its very cliché as a villain to refer to them self as a 3rd person that way. I don’t care to explain this any father as I did once before, hence I shall direct you to this post which will explain everything in more detail, it also has a spoiler of HisshouBuraiKen's conversation with Njt explaining why he left the line alone.

I suggest you read the post I linked, and just because Tobi = Madara there is no need to give up on Madobi = Obito, he might be Madara but the body could just as well belong to Obito.

Quote:
While Rahan already explained this very well, it is just as simple as getting Manda to open his mouth after genjutsu, then entering it and un-summoning Manda. A summoning jutsu IS a space-time jutsu. The explosion went off just before the un-summoning of Manda hence he received just enough damage to cause his death.

New Manga cover.

Spoiler for New Manga Cover:

Le sweet~
Old 2007-07-31, 08:42   Link #645
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
New Manga cover.

Spoiler for New Manga Cover:

Le sweet~
That cover looks amazing those snakes looks kinda different though. I hope it doesn't mean anything.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 08:45   Link #646
Siege

What a fantastic looking cover, since the covers are being done in colour now can we expect some sort of excitment

Quote:
Now I'm Usually Wrong
I just wanted to point out the transulation is different from manga to manga.

and that i'd really like to destroy the notion that tobi isn't Madara because many seem to hold the belief that he is when i checked the transulation although they differ in wording the basic essence of the original wording is still there he's definitly Describing the sharingan ability and true power, Definitly not his identity

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-07-31 at 12:34.
Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 09:41   Link #647
othafa

Right, but what Taku is saying is that this is only because you're reading it in English. You have an English degree, so you should know that the language is ambiguous by nature when compared to many others. What Taku is pointing out is that in the original Japanese, the kanji for that sentence indicates that Madara is referring to himself in the third person. Most translators from many other sources agree with this assessment. The literal translation comes out the way you said it, but that doesn't change its original meaning.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 10:44   Link #648
mahbod

omg why doesnt some 1 just email kishis staff and get them to clarify omg! lol orjustbe patient and find out or wait for the dub which is professional trainlated i assume

here is an apparant few spoilers i got from some were.... if some 1 cares to translate

Spoiler for chapter 365:

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-07-31 at 12:33. Reason: Do not double post
mahbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 10:52   Link #649
Kage_Spyke
burakkukoohii jouyousha

if there is anything this chapter proves is that tobi is Obito Uchiha. if you guys dont get that by now you are seriously living in Denial
Kage_Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 12:12   Link #650
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

No kidding. All we keep hearing is "I think he means this" when what some of you THINK is irrelevant to dialog in a different language where the way something is said in a specific manner of organized characters is static.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 12:35   Link #651
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:

TOBI - the Sharingans true power, My Power,Uchiha Madara's Power!.

Now I'm Usually Wrong but My English Degree won't allow me to walk away from this as alot of people seem to be gravitating to the fact that this is tobi's identity Confession,i don't belive this to be the case.

I believe he's saying he has the same power as madara but he's not confessing his idenity please note that the way Madara is said he's trying to say he has madara's power in so much the same far developed abilities but that he is not madara it's merely a comparison
Many say that in the japanese original he's clearly saying that he is Madara, in an arrogant way.

However i remember the case of Kakashi's sentence about Itachi becoming blind. Many said then that Kakashi was literally saying that Itachi is becoming blind, and there was no other possible meaning of that sentence. However after that we saw that Kakashi was meaning that Itachi didn't see the MS power in Kakashi's eye. Itachi was never becoming blind, he simply didn't see MS in Kakashi's eyes, but after Kakashi says that Itachi is shocked and says "you couln't have....", clearly the sentence would continue by "... developed MS?!".

So i would not bet on that Tobi says he is Madara. In the case Kishimoto plays with us, it would be best idea from him to make Tobi say such words, thise way our debates about Tobi possibly being Obito can be even more heated. My opinion is that Kishimoto is playing with this Obito idea (making one eye hole, etc...) the same way as he played with us making us think that Kabuto will betray Orochimaru and that Kabuto has some secret/plan. The interesting part is that in this play Kishimoto can decide both ways, he can decide to make an evil-Obito or for Tobi to be simply Madara. Or something even more interesting, based on Hunter's theory about Madara: Tobi is Obito posessed by Madara.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 12:54   Link #652
Siege

Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
Right, but what Taku is saying is that this is only because you're reading it in English. You have an English degree, so you should know that the language is ambiguous by nature when compared to many others. What Taku is pointing out is that in the original Japanese, the kanji for that sentence indicates that Madara is referring to himself in the third person. Most translators from many other sources agree with this assessment. The literal translation comes out the way you said it, but that doesn't change its original meaning.
I don't disagree with taku at all, i have never read nor tried to read a japanese version of anything i was merely pointing to the way it's read in english or the way it should be read i ment to offend no one.

I'm gonna take it like i read it the first time i don't believe that it's madara at all Tobi or the character we know as tobi to this point. may or may not have reveiled his identity i belive that will happen when faced with the shattering of Akatsuki that is if he is Madara if it turns out to in fact be Obito, Sas-God, Itachi and the rest will be incredibly shocked they'll all head back to konoho have some tea and dance around like merry little idiots and kakashi will finally reveal himself to be Yondaime
Old 2007-07-31, 13:02   Link #653
shaselai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Many say that in the japanese original he's clearly saying that he is Madara, in an arrogant way.

However i remember the case of Kakashi's sentence about Itachi becoming blind. Many said then that Kakashi was literally saying that Itachi is becoming blind, and there was no other possible meaning of that sentence. However after that we saw that Kakashi was meaning that Itachi didn't see the MS power in Kakashi's eye. Itachi was never becoming blind, he simply didn't see MS in Kakashi's eyes, but after Kakashi says that Itachi is shocked and says "you couln't have....", clearly the sentence would continue by "... developed MS?!".

By the way... how did Kakashi develop MS? His loved ones were all killed already... and is losing Sasuke what triggered it?
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 13:48   Link #654
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post

That statement wasn't merely a metaphor for Itachi not being able to notice Kakashi's MS. Before he asks Itachi how far his eyesight has deteriotated, he points out how weary MS makes Itachi and how much chakra it uses. He notes that the technique is dangerous for Itachi's eyes (something Kisame also points out the first time Itachi uses it).He was obviously making a point that MS has long-term negative effects. We just haven't seen them affect Itachi yet. And that's most likely because Itachi always keeps his Sharingan active.

Quote:
So i would not bet on that Tobi says he is Madara. In the case Kishimoto plays with us, it would be best idea from him to make Tobi say such words, thise way our debates about Tobi possibly being Obito can be even more heated. My opinion is that Kishimoto is playing with this Obito idea (making one eye hole, etc...) the same way as he played with us making us think that Kabuto will betray Orochimaru and that Kabuto has some secret/plan. The interesting part is that in this play Kishimoto can decide both ways, he can decide to make an evil-Obito or for Tobi to be simply Madara. Or something even more interesting, based on Hunter's theory about Madara: Tobi is Obito posessed by Madara.
It's pretty much clear that Tobi is referring to himself as Madara in that sentence. It's just talking in circles to discuss the literal meaning of the sentence anymore. If Pain or BH refer to him as Madara, this debate could be ended as soon as next chapter. Tobi's entire background will probably not be revealed for many chapters though, so that is more open to discussion.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 13:50   Link #655
Siege

Kakashi's method of attaining MS hasn't been touched upto by Kishi so far and i highly doubt that the loss off sasuke would trigger it and Gai is still alive and i think he attained it before asuma died so it's hard to know
Old 2007-07-31, 15:00   Link #656
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
By the way... how did Kakashi develop MS? His loved ones were all killed already... and is losing Sasuke what triggered it?
Tobi acquired it. It just activated because of Tobi's actions jk. It hasn't been mentioned.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 16:12   Link #657
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
You don't have to believe the words of Itachi. It's only him who talks to his brother Sasuke about hatred, killing best friend and such stuff. He probably wants to drive Sasuke on the only way that he thinks may lead Sasuke to be stronger than him. However he is wrong, and Kakashi's MS has a good reason to exist (besides the fact that Kakashi is one of the most popular characters of the manga, so Kishimoto needed to upgrade him too after the timeskip), it will be probably important for Sasuke's growth. Sasuke will need to gain MS sooner or later because his real enemy is Tobi. I have a feeling that Itachi's life is nearing it's end, and his death will be very important for Sasuke returning to the good side.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 16:26   Link #658
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

According to every translator of the manga...Tobi is Madara. As in, no room for discussion, it just is.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 17:05   Link #659
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

Obitio/tobi could be madara uchihas son...so him saying he has the power of madara is kinda true...(if) being his son n all

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 17:05   Link #660
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
According to every translator of the manga...Tobi is Madara. As in, no room for discussion, it just is.

I hope so, but really I just hope it doesn't turn out to be Obito, some silly character.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote