Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-10-07, 18:51   Link #4661
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
English Physical Volumes Kickstarter

Also has a tier for drama CD translations + physical CDs.
I might do the $250 invader I just want the books.
Old 2019-10-07, 21:48   Link #4662
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Why am I not surprised the $5k tier for dinner with the author is already taken....
Old 2019-10-07, 22:10   Link #4663
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou Touma IB View Post
I might do the $250 invader I just want the books.
Remember to factor in shipping + import fees.
Old 2019-10-08, 00:36   Link #4664
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Among harem light novel series, this 1 is of the definitely one of the longest-running ones in both number of running years and # of vol. What is so appealing about this series?
Old 2019-10-08, 00:38   Link #4665
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ One thing that stands out about this from most other harem series is that instead of being romcom and/or lots of dodging relationship progression, everyone feels like one big family that truly cares for each other.
Old 2019-10-08, 01:12   Link #4666
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
Among harem light novel series, this 1 is of the definitely one of the longest-running ones in both number of running years and # of vol. What is so appealing about this series?
The girls start out as cookie cutter arch-types, but they change and grow beyond that with the story.

They also don't get put on the sidelines after their character volume is complete.

Basically, they're actual characters, rather than arch-types designed to cater to a specific reader preference.
Old 2019-10-08, 01:19   Link #4667
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
Relatable main character who is neither useless nor too overpowered. The girls are all nice and well developer. The story is a nice mix of slice of life, fantasy and sci fi.

For the crowdfunding, I'm torn because I want both the art book and the drama cd but they are in different tiers, unless you go for the $300 tier that can easily become 350 euro when shipped to my country.
Old 2019-10-08, 04:58   Link #4668
SummerMoon

Well, this is great news. But $250 is still $250. Also I'm afraid shipping cost for me will be about half of books price.
And still 10 books, art book and may be I should to buy bookmarks and collector's box addons.
Life is pain...
SummerMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-08, 06:39   Link #4669
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Remember to factor in shipping + import fees.
I am in the usa so i doubt I would have to pay import fees.
Old 2019-10-08, 10:25   Link #4670
SummerMoon

Only backers can post comments on kickstarter, so may be somebody who alredy pledged can ask a question?
I would like to know for which regions delivery is the most expensive ($150 as it said in Campaign section). I am specifically interested in shipping to Russia but fine with more wide area.
SummerMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-08, 21:28   Link #4671
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou Touma IB View Post
I am in the usa so i doubt I would have to pay import fees.
That's good news.

On another note, the Kickstarter has met the funding goals for the collectors boxes and the digital drama cds.

And remember you don't need to pledge if you're unsure of the shipping + import fees if you don't live in the USA.

There will still be books available in stores. The goal is to print 1,000x copies of all the volumes and the left overs will be sold in stores, but I'd imagine they won't last be lasting all that long either.
Old 2019-10-10, 16:06   Link #4672
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

I did mine today, the Invader plus $300 tier. I wanted the collector box, cds, posters and bookmarks. I doubt shipping will be that excessive. I would assume Amazon would get the extras but I didn't want to miss out.
Old 2019-10-10, 20:37   Link #4673
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

3rd Tier has been met.

Physical Drama CDs!!
Old 2020-05-11, 07:02   Link #4674
ShadowKiller545
Keyboard Warrior

Im trying so hard to get into this series I really am I've started it for the second time and gotten up to the same volume I left I on last time I tried to read this a couple of years ago volume 11, but I just can't bring myself to like the mc, like yeah he's not the typical buffoon from most harem romcoms but I feel like his reason for always brooding is so insignificant and he needs sooooo long to start to get over it.

Well I can kind of understand him not picking a girl cuz they've gotten into this weird relationship were they're all relying on each other and if he does (not that he will cuz he can't get with anyone until he deals with his oh so traumatizing past) that will get fucked.

Still what really pisses me off is 2 points, first being that the series start to take on a bigger focus on battle for reasons that just don't make any sense to me, I really like the first volumes cuz it's just silly romcom shit and character moments but after the blue knight stuff the fights just start getting longer and this kind of ties in with the second reason of the show trying to put some complex themes in there when the mc is a fucking idiot, not the smartest tool in the shed and he's in the middle of all this very important moral and political stuff and I don't really care about his opinion, id much rather see any of the other girls pov and God damn do I like all of them, but nope we're stuck listening to mc and since most of the girls start defaulting to just asking his opinion it gets more and more in my nerves, like here we are in the middle of a war but lets not kill anyone, guy trying to steal a princess to blackmail the queen and trying to kill me ? Welp let's punch him and knock out the guards so softly they can conveniently get away so we have no evidence, somehow I like Touma from To Aru even if he's kind of the same but Touma I actually like .... It has nothing to do with Touma always punching women I swear.

Sorry for the rant but truly this is the series I've probably most tried to like cuz it has some pretty great characters in it mostly all the girls but I just end up hating most of my time reading it cuz I can't stand the mc and how, till now at least, he always seems oblivious to most things and is a not very interesting character to follow imo anyway.

So want to ask does the later volumes start focusing more on the SOL stuff or does the action keep on having a big focus? will the mc ever change ? You know as in becoming more perceptive to others feelings? Cuz till now he's been pretty clueless Everytime a girl shows him affection, pretty blatantly at that, or is me hating it up to volume 11 just mean I'll never like this?
Old 2020-05-11, 14:01   Link #4675
Lex79

Progress in relationships is slow and subtle and there is still a lot of action, so in all honesty I can't recommend to you to keep reading.
There are some parts in the latest volumes and in the future ones you might like more...but considering we are past volume 30 you'd have to read too many volumes you are probably not going to like to catch up.
More details in spoiler:
Spoiler for latest volumes:

Last edited by Lex79; 2020-05-11 at 14:15. Reason: Added spoiler with details on latest volumes
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-11, 19:47   Link #4676
Silvertail

This is a really long series. I got into it when it started getting translated, so I enjoyed a new volume each month without having to read several volumes. Nonetheless, this is a enjoyable series, having both lighthearted stories and serious plots. Its also quite pure for a harem series, making it suitable for most ages.
Now isn't a bad time to get into this series because we're all stuck inside anyway. Reading 20 to 30 volumes is a good way to pass the time and boredom. J-Novel has all the volume translated and up if your a member.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-28, 06:28   Link #4677
ooPeaToo

Cover of volume 35

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
ooPeaToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-17, 08:39   Link #4678
darkofficer
just a devil

So are all villains gonna get earth technology and then magic... ?

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-08, 08:25   Link #4679
jasper222

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKiller545 View Post
Im trying so hard to get into this series I really am I've started it for the second time and gotten up to the same volume I left I on last time I tried to read this a couple of years ago volume 11, but I just can't bring myself to like the mc, like yeah he's not the typical buffoon from most harem romcoms but I feel like his reason for always brooding is so insignificant and he needs sooooo long to start to get over it.
I think I understand what your frustration with Koutarou is.
It's that he's an idealist.
He wants to win wars without killing as much as possible, he wants to save the girls without compromising the feelings of the others hence his indecision towards his growing harem, etc.
I think you just have to get over it, my friend. That's all I can tell you. Many more MCs are more realistic, like Touma. But the way they fight, isn't realistic at all.
You may be frustrated at how idealistic and goody two shoes Koutarou is (and actually achieving his goals), but think of it like this: the way Koutarou fights is by borrowing the power of everybody around him. That is more realistic than just Rambo-ing into a powerful figure's HQ because you have insane regeneration and an anti-magic arm.
jasper222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-09, 06:12   Link #4680
Sparteh

The last time I read this novel is when vol 20 was still new. Where is the story going nowadays?
Sparteh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aliens, comedy, fantasy, harem, harmonious relationship, knights, magical girls, romance, shounen, time travel