AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-04-13, 02:44   Link #4581
noone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
so I think it's better to leave Underworld out of it...
masuzu
you're right, UW is definitely different from SAO and ALO
I understand now, as people suggested, that duel is different from death battle.
so, in a matter of life or death situation though, who do you think would win between Kirito vs. Yuuki ?(let's leave Kayaba out of this hahah)
1. without Dual wield
2. with Dual wield

my bet's on yuuki, but that doesn't mean I like her, I like Kirito more hahaha

btw, yaya's so cute
noone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 02:49   Link #4582
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone View Post
that's definitely right, but she could team up other players too, well, that is if she played sao... hahaha

now do you guys know if UW is the last arc of sao? I'm curious
If Yuuki play SAO...
Actually you can try with the latest SAO PSVita game that's set to be released later this month. There are Yuuki as well as SAO clearing
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 13:29   Link #4583
XFire
150% done

Quote:
pardon me for being the dumb one hahaha
but can you please elaborate the diff bet Kazuto and Kirito the swordsman?
Kazuto is a gamer and plays by the worlds rules.

Kirito has forcibly overwritten the game rules twice because Asuna was hurt.

It'd go like this: Big fight, Kirito "dies" (HP zero), Yuki does whatever evil thing she was going to do (I can't actually imagine her as evil though), Kirito resurrects and strangles her avatar, somehow killing her in the real world.

Basically its a difference in mindset. If Kirito was out for blood like against Kayaba and Evil McDouche (WTH is his name again) then it wouldn't matter how strong Yuki was, Kirito would hack the game with his mind and kill her anyway
Old 2014-04-13, 16:11   Link #4584
noone

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Kazuto is a gamer and plays by the worlds rules.

Kirito has forcibly overwritten the game rules twice because Asuna was hurt.

It'd go like this: Big fight, Kirito "dies" (HP zero), Yuki does whatever evil thing she was going to do (I can't actually imagine her as evil though), Kirito resurrects and strangles her avatar, somehow killing her in the real world.

Basically its a difference in mindset. If Kirito was out for blood like against Kayaba and Evil McDouche (WTH is his name again) then it wouldn't matter how strong Yuki was, Kirito would hack the game with his mind and kill her anyway
hahaha "evil mc douche"

that's where I'm a bit disappointed, does that mean kirito doesn't stand a chance against yuuki in a fair fight? without the dual wield that's considered as a"cheat" by most people here?
Old 2014-04-13, 22:44   Link #4585
HasuMasu
*Artist

He probably could in <<Underworld>>, but then you'd have to teach Yuuki <<Incarnation>> as well and that's another problem.
Old 2014-04-13, 23:00   Link #4586
noone

Quote:
He probably could in <<Underworld>>, but then you'd have to teach Yuuki <<Incarnation>> as well and that's another problem.
hahah oh well, it really seems that he really is no match to yuuki in ALO and maybe even SAO and UW. I don't know why but I find it sad, being 2nd to a dead girl....

I want to know, is it really true that kirito "claimed" that even with dual wield, it would still be impossible for him to win(i've read this in the wiki, I've read the LN but I think I skipped some parts)....what do you think about that?
Old 2014-04-13, 23:25   Link #4587
XFire
150% done

Quote:
hahah oh well, it really seems that he really is no match to yuuki in ALO and maybe even SAO and UW. I don't know why but I find it sad, being 2nd to a dead girl....

I want to know, is it really true that kirito "claimed" that even with dual wield, it would still be impossible for him to win(i've read this in the wiki, I've read the LN but I think I skipped some parts)....what do you think about that?
No, he said that she would have been the one to receive Dual Wielding sonce her reactions are faster.

And UW is made entirely of life-or-death fights, the kind Kirito tends to break reality over his knee for. He be stronger there.
Old 2014-04-13, 23:32   Link #4588
Trung-t-rung

Quote:

If actually in a fight where their life is on the line(hence online ? Get it ?) Yuuki would lose, unlike Kirito who's in this situation wouldn't hesitate to cut down Yuuki, aka he would mercilessly strike, cut and slash her weak points, use every openings, use every mistakes she made against her, while Yuuki due to her not familiar with this kind of battles, she'll bound to make make mistake or unconsciously hold back against him. It's like throwing a shooting athlete in a actual gun-fight, I doubt he would survive even though he is more skilled than his opponents.
But if Yuuki is actually used to that kind of life and death battle, she would have the upperhand on Kirito.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 23:43   Link #4589
HasuMasu
*Artist

I don't really think Kirito would lose in <<Incarnation>> even if Yuuki also lives 200 years in <<Underworld>>, but that's the fangirl in me talking.
Old 2014-04-14, 00:45   Link #4590
noone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
If actually in a fight where their life is on the line(hence online ? Get it ?) Yuuki would lose, unlike Kirito who's in this situation wouldn't hesitate to cut down Yuuki, aka he would mercilessly strike, cut and slash her weak points, use every openings, use every mistakes she made against her, while Yuuki due to her not familiar with this kind of battles, she'll bound to make make mistake or unconsciously hold back against him. It's like throwing a shooting athlete in a actual gun-fight, I doubt he would survive even though he is more skilled than his opponents.
But if Yuuki is actually used to that kind of life and death battle, she would have the upperhand on Kirito.
Experience, the only advantage of Kirito I suppose. to be honest, I don't really know why I came this far to convince myself that Kirito is still a bad ass I've never been this immature hahah...
hmmm so basically, yuuki is only stronger than Kirito in Duel/Tournament, but not in Death/Life fight(but still no cheating like hacking and/or maybe dual wield) is that what you guys all agree? any objection? lol

also what do you guys think, can dual sword be considered as a cheat in ALO?
Old 2014-04-14, 03:24   Link #4591
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
I'll drop the <<emphasis>> for now.

Regrding what's been said about Kirito actually being stronger than Heathcliff I think this actually should have been the case, but Kawahara Reki messed it up.

In their first fight Kirito was clearly stronger, and I fully expected him to beat Heathcliff in even more decisive manner during their second fight since Heathcliff disengaged over-assist.

We all know, however, that this is not what happened.

What happened was Kawahara Reki totally flipped over what was established in the first fight and made it so that Heathcliff not only never really needed the over-assist but Kirito couldn't even hit him. All Kirito's attacks were blocked then parried and Asuna saved him from getting killed...then he got killed anyway.

You could say that Heathcliff was killed anyway, and he totally was...but with a smile and literlly zero resistance. He literally just looked at Kirito and got stabbed.

I don't know exactly what Kawahara Reki was thinking at the time, but what can be concluded is that he decided to throw out the original idea of Kirito actually being stronger than Heathcliff and at the very end flipped it on its head with Heathcliff so far unchallenged as strongest since he never fought again.

On another note I did say that Heathcliff is probably stronger than even Yuuki, and that's because Kirito couldn't beat Heathcliff even if his life literally depended on it regardless of Dual Wielding which most likely Yuuki can't beat unless she pulls out her own Dual Wielding...and then when Heathcliff pulls out Dual Wielding I have no idea.
Hadn't it be made clear that it is due to difference on amount of knowledge?

Quote:
For comparison remember that Kirito's last duel with Yuuki was described as an epic long battle whereas Kirito's fight with Death Gun was hopeless and took Death Gun neither time nor effort to beat Kirito until he pulled out Dual Wielding. (sort of)

Underworld is kind of a mixed bag. On one hand you have Kirito calling everyone and everyone's grandma stronger than him...and then proving the exact opposite. We see this when he seemingly gets manhandled by Alice and then all of a sudden his countenance changes and she's beaten in one move...though since the whole point of them being there was to save her she escapes getting killed and you know the rest.
...Really?
Old 2014-04-14, 03:40   Link #4592
noone

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
Hadn't it be made clear that it is due to difference on amount of knowledge?

you mean Kayaba being the creator so he's more knowledgeable about the game more than anyone? correct me if i'm wrong
Old 2014-04-14, 04:54   Link #4593
HasuMasu
*Artist

It didn't make any difference...

In the second fight the Sword Skill Heathcliff used was...a simple single hit...

If Heathcliff actually used his knowledge he would've used Sword Skills that Kirito doesn't know about like the shield composit multiple hit skills he used in the first fight...which he lost.

Somehow after saying this it looks like it was the opposite, and that he only used as much knowledge as Kirito himself had to beat him.
Old 2014-04-14, 05:01   Link #4594
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
It didn't make any difference...

In the second fight the Sword Skill Heathcliff used was...a simple single hit...

If Heathcliff actually used his knowledge he would've used Sword Skills that Kirito doesn't know about like the shield composit multiple hit skills he used in the first fight...which he lost.

Somehow after saying this it looks like it was the opposite, and that he only used as much knowledge as Kirito himself had to beat him.
In the second fight the Sword Skill Heathcliff used was...a simple single hit...<--because he know it is enough to make him win.....because he know that kirito would be fixed....having same amount of knowledge as opponent is already quite a thing..
Old 2014-04-14, 05:24   Link #4595
HasuMasu
*Artist

That's why I'm saying it didn't matter because in terms of knowledge Heathcliff had no advantage.

Basically he wanted to play fair.
Old 2014-04-14, 05:52   Link #4596
hamazura
whatever

oh, i didnt know vol.14 illustration is up. colored naked administrator is.... not blonde
and the last picture, child alice + eugeo in... what is that? storage of fluctlight? so the author think its ok to "kill" eugeo as long as ghost eugeo gets happy ending with ghost memories of child alice? and we can add mature alice to kirito's harem. so its win-win solution for them?

fvk you.
Old 2014-04-14, 06:27   Link #4597
noone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
oh, i didnt know vol.14 illustration is up. colored naked administrator is.... not blonde
and the last picture, child alice + eugeo in... what is that? storage of fluctlight? so the author think its ok to "kill" eugeo as long as ghost eugeo gets happy ending with ghost memories of child alice? and we can add mature alice to kirito's harem. so its win-win solution for them?

fvk you.
dude hahah chill....
eugeo is one of my faves( Kirito being my #1 fave)....wait, YOU MEAN TO TELL ME HE DIED? nooo
as for the Kirito having a harem, I don't have anything against it except Alice should be with Eugeo instead IMO....
I don't know what Kawahara's up to...
Old 2014-04-14, 07:20   Link #4598
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
dude hahah chill....
eugeo is one of my faves( Kirito being my #1 fave)....wait, YOU MEAN TO TELL ME HE DIED? nooo
as for the Kirito having a harem, I don't have anything against it except Alice should be with Eugeo instead IMO....
I don't know what Kawahara's up to...
i dont know if he dead for sure but, so much pic in illustration that eugeo seems dead and our gary stu fighting administrator alone with his sao uniform...
Old 2014-04-14, 07:50   Link #4599
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
That's why I'm saying it didn't matter because in terms of knowledge Heathcliff had no advantage.

Basically he wanted to play fair.
...knowing others is obviously an advantage...
Old 2014-04-14, 08:04   Link #4600
HasuMasu
*Artist

By that logic Kirito would've had an advantage, since Heathcliff didn't use any skills he doesn't know about.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality