AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-03-28, 09:55   Link #21
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
A good bit spoiler-y there, but good.
Old 2017-03-28, 16:04   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, you get a good feel for how the overall story is going to play out. Although looking at it I feel there are plenty of holes left unfilled. This was almost completely a Spider-Man trailer and not so much Peter's home or school-life trailer. Really we only got a general idea of that part of the movie even from the last one.

Not much focus on the Vulture outside of being pissed at Stark (nothing new there) and nothing really from (likely )Shocker outside of him being in there. Get the feeling that they clearly portrayed one of the plot threads for the movie, but not all of them.

In the end as a whole I enjoyed the trailer. Got me a bit more hyped for the movie than the first one did. And in some ways does feel like this was put out to give Peter's personal growth more focus. Anyways. Looks like a pretty good Spidey movie and feel a bit more optimistic than from the TASM era.
Old 2017-05-24, 05:20   Link #23
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

New Trailers!

Old 2017-05-24, 18:14   Link #24
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I'm tempted to watch them...but then I remember how the previous trailers showed way too much.

I'll just wait for the movie.
Old 2017-05-24, 20:02   Link #25
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm tempted to watch them...but then I remember how the previous trailers showed way too much.

I'll just wait for the movie.
You're not wrong. They do reveal more things, considerably so (one can even argue that they're unneeded).
Old 2017-06-02, 21:31   Link #26
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Someone was being salty here
Kirsten Dunst Criticizes Sony's New Spider-Man Reboot

Best spiderman? yeah, with too emo-drama peter parker.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 22:57   Link #27
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post

She better not get ahead of herself, considering she wasn't particularly the best character, and that I personally think the 2nd one was the only "good" one.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 23:04   Link #28
GDB

I like original 2 and Amazing 1. With Sony's rate of decay on Spiderman, this new reboot might only get 1 movie. Let's hope it's good.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 04:36   Link #29
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post

She's half-right IMO. Sam Raimi's Spiderman 1 & 2 are still the best Spiderman movies out there until we can actually watch Homecoming to judge it fairly. And even if Homecoming is a success, you can't deny the large boost provided by RDJ and his Iron-man character's (big?) role in that movie while Sam Raimi's Spiderman movies are actually independent from other heroes' boost.

Still, I don't get all the intense hate for TASM 1 & 2. I think they are very entertaining and competently made despite executive interference in movie 2. Many people act like TASM 2 is the worst superhero movie ever. They must've forgot that movies like Blade 3, Ghost Rider 2, Elektra, Green Lantern, Jonah Hex & Catwoman exist. They are million times worse than any of the TASM movies .
Old 2017-06-03, 05:51   Link #30
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Still, I don't get all the intense hate for TASM 1 & 2. I think they are very entertaining and competently made despite executive interference in movie 2. Many people act like TASM 2 is the worst superhero movie ever. They must've forgot that movies like Blade 3, Ghost Rider 2, Elektra, Green Lantern, Jonah Hex & Catwoman exist. They are million times worse than any of the TASM movies .
Don't forget F4NTASTIC

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 18:07   Link #31
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Don't forget F4NTASTIC
or Daredevil.
Old 2017-06-03, 18:33   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
or Daredevil.
The Director's Cut is actually decent. Certainly not on the awful level of Fant4stic.
Old 2017-06-04, 17:29   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
She's half-right IMO. Sam Raimi's Spiderman 1 & 2 are still the best Spiderman movies out there until we can actually watch Homecoming to judge it fairly. And even if Homecoming is a success, you can't deny the large boost provided by RDJ and his Iron-man character's (big?) role in that movie while Sam Raimi's Spiderman movies are actually independent from other heroes' boost.

I tend to agree. Thought the TASM movies were both fine and enjoyable movies. Overall I liked them both. They weren't total trainwrecks like the Fantastic Four movies. They didn't make me want to throw something like Spider-Man 3 did. TASM2 especially did clearly get hurt by the studio interference, but I thought it handled some things rather well.

In the end though I'm just curious to see how this new one does. Spidey looked good in Civil War and fingers crossed Homecoming is a big hit. Also kind of just looking forward to getting him into the big Avengers movies coming up.
Old 2017-06-04, 17:46   Link #34
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

To me, the difference is that I've both read Spider-Man comics and watched TASM. And the guy with spider powers in TASM didn't feel much like Peter Parker.

Maybe those other adaptations weren't very good either, but I wouldn't know.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-05, 00:06   Link #35
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Marvel movies work best when their characters deviate the least from their comic book natures. The Spider-Man movies illustrated this perfectly. Spidey was most like the Spidey we all love in the first two Raimi movies. Then they had to make him all emo and flub the casting of Eddie Brock. The Amazing movies might as well be about a different comic series, as the only character they got remotely right was the Lizard. So far, Tom Holland's Peter has been spot on, and his Spidey has been even better (that "really old movie called Empire Strikes Back" line in Civil War might have been the single best line in the MCU to date). I'm a little worried about the odd cast of characters they're gathering around him, but they all seem to be fitting into standard roles, so they shouldn't detract from the movie.
Old 2017-06-05, 05:19   Link #36
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The "best friend who knows about the superpowers"is more Miles than Peter, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

The "Iron Man as a father figure" is something they've made half-assed attempts at in the comics, but I'm actually rather looking forward to what they'll make of it in the movies. I think it could be really good for both characters.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-05, 21:25   Link #37
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Marvel movies work best when their characters deviate the least from their comic book natures. The Spider-Man movies illustrated this perfectly. Spidey was most like the Spidey we all love in the first two Raimi movies. Then they had to make him all emo and flub the casting of Eddie Brock. The Amazing movies might as well be about a different comic series, as the only character they got remotely right was the Lizard. So far, Tom Holland's Peter has been spot on, and his Spidey has been even better (that "really old movie called Empire Strikes Back" line in Civil War might have been the single best line in the MCU to date). I'm a little worried about the odd cast of characters they're gathering around him, but they all seem to be fitting into standard roles, so they shouldn't detract from the movie.
Despite the name, the Amazing movies borrowed much from Ultimate universe, but came out at a time when people had already come to resent that parallel dimension (with the exception of Miles) and were eagerly awaiting its official end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The "Iron Man as a father figure" is something they've made half-assed attempts at in the comics, but I'm actually rather looking forward to what they'll make of it in the movies. I think it could be really good for both characters.
It works better here since the age gap between the two is more pronounced.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-06, 01:01   Link #38
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Btw, what do you guys think about Sony making their own Spidey-verse that’s completely independent & separate from MCU? They already got Tom Hardy as Venom. Black Cat, Silver Sable and animated Miles Morales Spidey will follow.
Old 2017-06-06, 15:26   Link #39
sayde

I think it's a little silly to completely shut off their spidey-verse from the rest of the MCU. I'm not saying the 1st couple films should have some tie-ins, but I feel like you're really shooting yourself in the foot if you completely close off that possibility right from the get-go.

I say keep it connected the same way the netflix MCU series do it. In other words, just throw in a few references here and there to acknowledge the fact that the movies take place in the same universe. It doesn't have to be anything major or anything that's going to steal the limelight from the characters or plot your trying to develop. Just give fans enough to keep the possibilities open for future films and to add some added incentive to keep up and pay attention to these movies. Because since the Disney MCU is such a huge success, riding it's coattails--even if it's just to a limited degree--is a no brainer if you're trying to kickstart your own thing. Heck, I feel like half the reason why people are even looking forward to giving homecoming a chance is precisely because it's part of the MCU.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-06, 17:34   Link #40
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Heck, I feel like half the reason why people are even looking forward to giving homecoming a chance is precisely because it's part of the MCU.
Well, I am one of them you mentioned

However, I don't like Iron-man-know-all attitude in MCU. I am a bit disappointed Tony just knows who spiderman really is before spiderman even makes a debut in his own movie. I actually think Captain America would have something to say regarding Tony putting surveillance camera all over the world. Isn't that exactly what Cap was fighting against in winter soldier??

And I also have some issue of spiderman over advanced suit. but I will still watch it because it's part of the MCU and peter parker being peter parker the way we are familiar with.
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvel cinematic universe, sony, spider-man