AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-02-14, 01:05   Link #3061
Random14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Why do people still question Master Roshi's inclusion in the Tournament Team?

Not every single fighter in the other universes are gonna have 10 Goku, Vegeta or Piccalo level warriors. plus he's no slouch.
If Super wasn't so stupid, I wish they could have brought Yamcha back, but well, instead they went for nostalgia with Master Roshi of course. Seeing him fight in Resurrection F was already pushing things, as there it was an emergency and needed everyone able, but here, well, they threw logic out already. And Yamcha should be second or third strongest behind Tien (who is present) but considering how silly things are, he would probably just get killed off again. I can kind of see leaving the kids out, as they don't want to risk the kids (having SSJ3 Gotenks vs. Buu was their last resort), but Roshi is just there as nostalgia.

At least we know they'll have both 17 and 18 fighting, compared to 18 sitting out Resurrection F (even if it was supposedly to protect their kid). I wonder if fusions will be possible (though even Vegito in the last arc didn't get to do much). Its still entertaining, but its stupidity like this why I'll never buy a Dragon Ball DVD.

I just hope Buu actually fights somewhat seriously this time, compared to the last tournament. If Super wasn't such a silly series, it might have been nice to see if the rest of universe 7 had any fighters to contribute, but instead they just get all the strongest from earth of course. At least the Androids and Buu are strong enough they don't have to resort to asking old enemies to join the team (Frieza is too stubborn and would just try to kill Goku and Cell's not trustworthy either).

I do wonder how this arc will end. Goku's already seriously messed things up, and he has a habit of doing stupid things for the sake of a fight (especially in Super). Hard to tell if things will just end with one universe or if the Super Dragon Balls can just restore things after Zen-O loses interest. The last major arc swung between normal happy ending then horrible ending pretty quickly.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-14, 05:53   Link #3062
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
If Super wasn't so stupid, I wish they could have brought Yamcha back, but well, instead they went for nostalgia with Master Roshi of course. Seeing him fight in Resurrection F was already pushing things, as there it was an emergency and needed everyone able, but here, well, they threw logic out already. And Yamcha should be second or third strongest behind Tien (who is present) but considering how silly things are, he would probably just get killed off again. I can kind of see leaving the kids out, as they don't want to risk the kids (having SSJ3 Gotenks vs. Buu was their last resort), but Roshi is just there as nostalgia.

At least we know they'll have both 17 and 18 fighting, compared to 18 sitting out Resurrection F (even if it was supposedly to protect their kid). I wonder if fusions will be possible (though even Vegito in the last arc didn't get to do much). Its still entertaining, but its stupidity like this why I'll never buy a Dragon Ball DVD.

I just hope Buu actually fights somewhat seriously this time, compared to the last tournament. If Super wasn't such a silly series, it might have been nice to see if the rest of universe 7 had any fighters to contribute, but instead they just get all the strongest from earth of course. At least the Androids and Buu are strong enough they don't have to resort to asking old enemies to join the team (Frieza is too stubborn and would just try to kill Goku and Cell's not trustworthy either).

I do wonder how this arc will end. Goku's already seriously messed things up, and he has a habit of doing stupid things for the sake of a fight (especially in Super). Hard to tell if things will just end with one universe or if the Super Dragon Balls can just restore things after Zen-O loses interest. The last major arc swung between normal happy ending then horrible ending pretty quickly.
Umm, we want Universe 7's team to win, not job.
Old 2017-02-14, 05:57   Link #3063
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
So none of the Kaioshin has a head full of hair. No wonder Zamasu wanted Goku's body.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-14, 06:10   Link #3064
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I see Universe 9's Kai and I can't help but see Zamasu if he actually grew to old age and his old Zero Human plan thing became successful.
Old 2017-02-14, 08:03   Link #3065
Stro

I think that now Goku cannot fly in the flying nimbus since his selfishness to battle strong oponents regardless of the trillions of people that will die of the 12 universes and since Goku doesn't care then he should loose his wright to have a "pure heart".
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-14, 10:46   Link #3066
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
And here I thought Conan was the most popular in History... who literally got an entire Airline and Museum built for it...

Dragon Ball doesn't have either. (and I don't mean moveable exhibits that travels around, stationary ones where the entire building is modeled off the series is what I am pointing toward)

How old were you in the 90s?
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-14, 21:12   Link #3067
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stro View Post
I think that now Goku cannot fly in the flying nimbus since his selfishness to battle strong oponents regardless of the trillions of people that will die of the 12 universes and since Goku doesn't care then he should loose his wright to have a "pure heart".
He's still pure and his wish to fight strong opponents is from the very beginning, he just didn't know that he was putting at risk all his universe and all the other until the little guy told them, and goku being goku his way to take responsability is by winning the tournament.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 00:06   Link #3068
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
And here I thought Conan was the most popular in History... who literally got an entire Airline and Museum built for it...

Dragon Ball doesn't have either. (and I don't mean moveable exhibits that travels around, stationary ones where the entire building is modeled off the series is what I am pointing toward)

But of course, for Global, a lot of people knows of Dragon Ball, but this was due to the effect of back when people did a mass comparison between Goku and Superman when Dragon Ball first arrived to the West. (if this never happened, Dragon Ball wouldn't be as popular in the West as it is now)

Also, most people today are discussing Goku of the present, not Goku of the past.

And it is mostly agreed upon that the current Goku is a battle starved idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Let's pump the brakes on the capsule corp buggy right here though...This is a 30th or whatever Anniversary anime of arguably the most popular manga/anime in Japanese history...
Peep the word "arguably" and it IS by every measure...Lol, not quite understanding why you'd even think I'd slight Detective Conan or ignore the naming rights our dastardly detective has acquired...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
How old were you in the 90s? @chaos_animagic
Ha, Right...

continuing...

Goku is an established character who permeates Japanese and western culture (within this subculture of course) at this point ... No arc in Super is going to change the worldwide character "SON GOKU"...

I've criticized his bull-headedness like the lion-share of this thread...It has me laughing and smh a lot...But I just think some are missing the point on what this show is...Its pure nostalgia with just enough coolness to interest some newer fans ... Super's "child-brain" Goku can't topple the established character (Not that completely agree with that assessment)...
Old 2017-02-15, 00:21   Link #3069
rladls2121

In Super, Goku still has not died yet.

Makes me wonder if Goku still can go to Heaven when he is dead again after all this.
I bet Beerus will forcefully convince Enma to send Goku to Hell and threaten his friends not to revive him.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 00:32   Link #3070
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

To be fair we really cant expect any character development for Goku in super not until we reach the past point after z.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 06:12   Link #3071
MAX_COLA_POWER!

You wanna bet all this slack that Goku is getting is gonna go away the moment he gets a new power up?
Old 2017-02-15, 07:21   Link #3072
Sixth
Hu Tao

Just imagine if you looks at Goku's goal in video game logic.

*DBS PS4 game loading.
*Game starts.
*Mission objective: Defeat every single of your foes to destroy their universe
Goku: YEAHHHHHHHH~!
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 08:34   Link #3073
videoman190

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
In Super, Goku still has not died yet.

Makes me wonder if Goku still can go to Heaven when he is dead again after all this.
I bet Beerus will forcefully convince Enma to send Goku to Hell and threaten his friends not to revive him.
Spoiler for He did got killed at least temporarily.:
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 10:32   Link #3074
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

This might be an old question, but why is Kaiohsama dead? I mean, he was killed by Cell but then the guys requested Shenlong to revive everybody killed by Cell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Just imagine if you looks at Goku's goal in video game logic.

*DBS PS4 game loading.
*Game starts.
*Mission objective: Defeat every single of your foes to destroy their universe
Goku: YEAHHHHHHHH~!
Dragon Ball Super Musou?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 11:42   Link #3075
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
To be fair we really cant expect any character development for Goku in super not until we reach the past point after z.
Yes we can. There's almost nothing that happens in the "End of Z" part that could be contradicted by anything in Super unless they made it so he's always SSJ or something.

The extent of his involvement in End of Z is wanting to train Uub and not using any transformations because it's a fun occasion. That's it.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 13:00   Link #3076
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
This might be an old question, but why is Kaiohsama dead? I mean, he was killed by Cell but then the guys requested Shenlong to revive everybody killed by Cell.

Only explanation we ever got. He apparently flat-out decided not to. Somehow. I don't get why reviving would in any way interfere with him guiding Goku around though... and I feel like it's out of character for him to deliberately stick with Goku too... but that's the canon explanation for it.
Old 2017-02-16, 02:00   Link #3077
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Intrigued by the possibility that Goku is regarded as a "villain" of sorts in this arc. He's already been given credit for the tournament, so I'd imagine he won't have too many fans when the universal destruction element is revealed to everyone.

The opening also includes a buff alien guy in a superhero costume, or galactic patrol style costume, fighting Goku. It would be fun if he regarded Goku as a monster for what he's done and the fact that he's still seemingly excited about the fights rather than remorseful for his actions. Gohan reacting as he did to the tournament gave me some hope we might see something like that. They're not glossing over Goku's hand in this, that's for sure.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-16, 02:39   Link #3078
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yes we can. There's almost nothing that happens in the "End of Z" part that could be contradicted by anything in Super unless they made it so he's always SSJ or something.

The extent of his involvement in End of Z is wanting to train Uub and not using any transformations because it's a fun occasion. That's it.
I mean Goku character development even a lot things going to happen to him it will back to zero again after end of Z.
Goku in after z is exactly same with his buu saga incarnation, funny is DBS just downgraded him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Intrigued by the possibility that Goku is regarded as a "villain" of sorts in this arc. He's already been given credit for the tournament, so I'd imagine he won't have too many fans when the universal destruction element is revealed to everyone.

The opening also includes a buff alien guy in a superhero costume, or galactic patrol style costume, fighting Goku. It would be fun if he regarded Goku as a monster for what he's done and the fact that he's still seemingly excited about the fights rather than remorseful for his actions. Gohan reacting as he did to the tournament gave me some hope we might see something like that. They're not glossing over Goku's hand in this, that's for sure.
Universe seven bound to learn the truth soon too, will be interesting z fighters reaction.
No 17 could showed an annoyance to Goku but i doubt with Goku close friends .
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-16, 03:10   Link #3079
Idealist 99

Honestly , I believe Zen-oh and all the other Haioshin are the real villain of the series.
They are more selfish , arrogant and irresponsible then Goku.
I mean , They play with billions of life like its nothing just because they have power.

Honestly , I would prefer if Zen-ohs and Haioshin learn a lesson and treat life more sincerely in this arc.
Old 2017-02-16, 14:09   Link #3080
DemonneoPT

It's kinda disappointing that in the whole universe only the folks on Earth are strong enought to enter in the tournment. And they had to resort to weaklings like Master Roshi to fill the positions . I know that not everyone in the other universes will be as powerfull as Goku or Vegeta but i think Toryama missed an opportunity here to explore Goku's universe first before doing this tournment arc.
Anyway, Boo's smile in the end made me hype!

Last edited by DemonneoPT; 2017-02-16 at 15:11.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy