Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-03-06, 16:51   Link #3241
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, apparently Goku's the antagonist this time.

Wanted him to lose this time,lol.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 17:15   Link #3242
n0m@n
C-Z

But the antagonist/villain shouldn't lose in the exhibition match or in a battle before the big match. Need ta save that in the main match for bigger satisfication lol.
Old 2017-03-06, 17:30   Link #3243
GDB

But if Goku's the antagonist, that means he'll win. That's how Super works.

Beerus - Wins
Frieza - Wins (then Whis does time shenanigans and he loses, but he won first)
Hit - Wins (then feigns defeat for Monaka, but he won first)
Zamasu - Wins (then gets erased, but he won first)

So the only question is, will Goku get a flat win like Beerus, or an "and then" win like the other three?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 17:41   Link #3244
n0m@n
C-Z

Oh, the villain sure has been winning lol.
Perhaps that's why Goku is the villain now for this arc. Like you said he would win the tournament since he's the villain lol (which is good considering Goku hasn't won any major battle in Super yet I think). Goku may finally win a major battle in Super
Old 2017-03-06, 18:24   Link #3245
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

Beerus - Wins

So the only question is, will Goku get a flat win like Beerus, or an "and then" win like the other three?
Yeah, I was thinking about it the other day... like, the least likely thing I'd have imagined they would have gotten rid of in a new Dragonball was the "Goku always wins" rule. Now apparently Goku gets his ass kicked on a regular basis. Perhaps that's what's getting to him . He acts like it's all sports and fair play but secretly he's not that happy of losing THIS MUCH.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 18:40   Link #3246
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Yeah, I was thinking about it the other day... like, the least likely thing I'd have imagined they would have gotten rid of in a new Dragonball was the "Goku always wins" rule. Now apparently Goku gets his ass kicked on a regular basis. Perhaps that's what's getting to him . He acts like it's all sports and fair play but secretly he's not that happy of losing THIS MUCH.
I don't think Goku ever win clearly in a fight since the one vs frieza in dragonball z.
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 18:59   Link #3247
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I don't think Goku ever win clearly in a fight since the one vs frieza in dragonball z.
Well, with Boo he won, though he did get help for the Genkidama. But yeah, he's not been as successful as people seem to imagine him to be .

Old 2017-03-06, 19:13   Link #3248
Blueknight78

Quote:

Beerus - Wins

frieza - he wins after cheat cuz goku blue was easy overpowering him, then he used his fellow to "shot gokun" with a gun and this give him the wins but in "strengt wise" he was not on par with goku

hit - yeah he win but this also was due to goku decide to "give up" to see monaka fight and rest, before that they where pretty matched

zamasu - goku have many chances to beat zamasu but let him go all the times and zamasu only wins because his "immortality" otherwise he could have lost to vegetto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Quote:
Well, with Boo he won, though he did get help for the Genkidama. But yeah, he's not been as successful as people seem to imagine him to be .
against "fat but goku ssj3 was being superior in the same way gotenks was superior to tall evil buu.

most of the goku defeats on super where more like "plot armor" for the villians cuz goku against most of then was showed being supperior the only one real enemy which goku really never had a chance to beat was beerus but all the others where more like "plot armor" than actually goku not really being able to beat then.
Old 2017-03-06, 22:33   Link #3249
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
frieza - he wins after cheat cuz goku blue was easy overpowering him, then he used his fellow to "shot gokun" with a gun and this give him the wins but in "strengt wise" he was not on par with goku
Irrelevant. It's a life and death battle, not a spar for bragging rights. There's no such thing as cheating. And strength doesn't matter if you lose. Also, Golden Frieza WAS stronger than Super Saiyan Blue before his stamina exhausted, further negating any strength argument.

Quote:
hit - yeah he win but this also was due to goku decide to "give up" to see monaka fight and rest, before that they where pretty matched
Irrelevant.

Quote:
zamasu - goku have many chances to beat zamasu but let him go all the times and zamasu only wins because his "immortality" otherwise he could have lost to vegetto.
Also irrelevant.

Quote:
most of the goku defeats on super where more like "plot armor" for the villians cuz goku against most of then was showed being supperior the only one real enemy which goku really never had a chance to beat was beerus but all the others where more like "plot armor" than actually goku not really being able to beat then.
You could say the same about many of Goku's wins pre-Super being plot armor for the hero. So, again, irrelevant.
Old 2017-03-06, 23:26   Link #3250
Blueknight78

Quote:
Irrelevant. It's a life and death battle, not a spar for bragging rights. There's no such thing as cheating. And strength doesn't matter if you lose. Also, Golden Frieza WAS stronger than Super Saiyan Blue before his stamina exhausted, further negating any strength argument.
he not was strong than sayan blue goku again was going "easy on him" to see how strong frieza was as he aways does, instead of go full force goku most of the times goes "soft" to test enemy strengt, this is so true which when goden frieza exausthed his power goku was fine and could keep fighting fine he just lost for the gun.

he loose by being weak = / = than loosing by plot armor
another thing we are talking "about goku" the guy which do any crap to have the dream fight then don't exist the "irrelevant" toward him, he will do stupid things if needed to have what he want and he don't care about it.
Quote:
Irrelevant.

Also irrelevant.

You could say the same about many of Goku's wins pre-Super being plot armor for the hero. So, again, irrelevant.
yeah he have some legit wins and some plot armors but this don't change the fact which most of the super battles goku loosing was due to not being "weak" than the enemie but he being "stupid" as aways the plot need to him to take the "wrong decision" for the sake of "battle" which aways was the biggest goku weakness.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-03-06 at 23:38.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 23:46   Link #3251
GDB

Goku said that if Frieza had just taken the time to get used to the form and remove the stamina drain, he'd have won. That means that, prior to the stamina drain, Frieza was stronger.
Old 2017-03-06, 23:51   Link #3252
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Future Trunks Time line is completely different then main Timeline.
Just because Current Zen-oh was planning something doesn't mean Future Zen-oh did the same thing
They are literally the same person. If present you are figured out something, do you think yourself in the future wont figured it too?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 01:49   Link #3253
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
They are literally the same person. If present you are figured out something, do you think yourself in the future wont figured it too?
Given the likely life spans of these beings, it's not hard to imagine that Zeno may have taken thousands or millions of years to move on his "too many universes" comment. At a minimum, the fact that Trunks's timeline was still around means he was in no hurry to do anything. Doubt this fact will ever be brought up in the show, but it does kind of re-implicate Goku here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Well, apparently Goku's the antagonist this time.

Wanted him to lose this time,lol.
I dunno, maybe I'm weird, but Goku being portrayed as morally grey is making me root for him more than ever. I was pumped when he embraced Toppo calling him evil. It's all for the thrill of the fight for Goku.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 03:54   Link #3254
Robotech Master

Quote:
he not was strong than sayan blue goku again was going "easy on him" to see how strong frieza was as he aways does
It is absolutely, 100% canon confirmed that Golden Freeza is stronger the Super Saiyan Blue. Both Goku and Vegeta firmly admitted to not being able to win if Freeza had mastered the form so that he didn't lose too much of its power over time.

Nowadays, Goku could probably whip out Kaioken Blue and turn the tables on a fully mastered Golden Freeza, but that wasn't a thing at the time.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 06:10   Link #3255
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
By that logic, Goku NEVER won fair and square. I mean, Frieza was legit slaughtering him and his friends on Namek, then this guy pulls out of his ass some legendary-or-something transformation and suddenly like doubles or triples his strength. If that's not plot armour, what is?

And it's still unconventional to have 'plot armour' apply to the villains. Usually it's the other way around. In Super, the Universe seems out to screw Goku in every possible way. True, he would have won against Frieza in Resurrection F - but he didn't, because he got distracted and got WOUNDED BY A FREAKIN' GUN, which was really a first. How long since conventional weapons had ANY effect on any warrior? Goku's been soloing entire armies with minimal damage since his childhood. If anything, 'plot armour' is how they still managed to stay alive and keep the Earth intact despite this streak of losses. First Beerus gets all nice and sympathetic and only blows up a fragment of Earth, then Whis rewinds time, then Hit shows respect by surrendering to Monaka, then somehow they manage to call Zen-Oh to erase Zamasu... it's always someone else providing the resolution to the arc. If it only depended on Goku's power, everyone would be screwed.

Old 2017-03-07, 11:32   Link #3256
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Nowadays, Goku could probably whip out Kaioken Blue and turn the tables on a fully mastered Golden Freeza, but that wasn't a thing at the time.
It still shouldn't be a thing, and is the absolute highest reason I prefer the manga adaptation over the anime.
Old 2017-03-07, 14:29   Link #3257
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
It is absolutely, 100% canon confirmed that Golden Freeza is stronger the Super Saiyan Blue. Both Goku and Vegeta firmly admitted to not being able to win if Freeza had mastered the form so that he didn't lose too much of its power over time.

yeah that was a change they did from the movie to the anime cuz in the movie goku was absolute strong than frieza then anime make frieza more strong, but still a thing which goku was still holding himself well against frieza until frieza run out of power which was the reason he lost in battle and had to relly in the dirty trick to win.

Quote:
By that logic, Goku NEVER won fair and square. I mean, Frieza was legit slaughtering him and his friends on Namek, then this guy pulls out of his ass some legendary-or-something transformation and suddenly like doubles or triples his strength. If that's not plot armour, what is?

And it's still unconventional to have 'plot armour' apply to the villains. Usually it's the other way around. In Super, the Universe seems out to screw Goku in every possible way. True, he would have won against Frieza in Resurrection F - but he didn't, because he got distracted and got WOUNDED BY A FREAKIN' GUN, which was really a first. How long since conventional weapons had ANY effect on any warrior? Goku's been soloing entire armies with minimal damage since his childhood. If anything, 'plot armour' is how they still managed to stay alive and keep the Earth intact despite this streak of losses. First Beerus gets all nice and sympathetic and only blows up a fragment of Earth, then Whis rewinds time, then Hit shows respect by surrendering to Monaka, then somehow they manage to call Zen-Oh to erase Zamasu... it's always someone else providing the resolution to the arc. If it only depended on Goku's power, everyone would be screwed.
yeah plot armour is more common to heroes than villains and goku had some of then specially against frieza in the first battle, i was just point which most of the times was showed which the "blue power" was still a thing and most of his lose where more due to "others reasons than just blue being "weak".

also afar i remember while both vegita and goku already where used to "blue power" the power was still "something new" which they achieved not so long a go and they just learned to controll it but only later which they could really pull the full potential of it in the tournament arc, where only hit could show being able to be too much strong, something like "blue from tournamente > from blue from frieza arc.

anothere note

going to the all universe big tournamente rule of battle royale, who do you thing gonna be the "order of Z warriors ring out", like who gonna be throwed first and the last one "before goku" being the one to battle the big end enemy?

like the order /rank of guys to fall
for me could be:
1 master rioshi
2 tenshinhan
3 kuririn
4 piccolo
5 number 18
6 number 17
7/8 gohan/ majin bu
9 vegita

then goku will remains to fight the "hero guy" which probably will defeat hit and show being strong than him.

what could be your bet in which order the z warriors start to drop down
Old 2017-03-07, 17:10   Link #3258
GDB

Quote:
yeah that was a change they did from the movie to the anime cuz in the movie goku was absolute strong than frieza then anime make frieza more strong, but still a thing which goku was still holding himself well against frieza until frieza run out of power which was the reason he lost in battle and had to relly in the dirty trick to win.
No, he wasn't. You really need to rewatch it. Right after Frieza notices Beerus is there, and confirms he won't interfere, he says he'll continue his revenge. At this point Goku asks him to just leave while he (Frieza) is winning, since the tide is going to turn soon due to the form wearing him out.

Beerus and Whis then comment, after Frieza starts getting stomped, that the tide turned as Goku/Vegeta said it would.
Old 2017-03-08, 13:18   Link #3259
grecefar

to think that goku's now turned heel, well I like it this way, is more interesting.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 21:57   Link #3260
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
to think that goku's now turned heel, well I like it this way, is more interesting.
Goku's new theme
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy