3 out of 10 : Bad 6 4.88%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 6 4.88%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 13.82%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-06-22, 14:48   Link #61
Riku540

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiX View Post
Um we just had a whole year of fillers so we are not going to catch up to the Manga ANY TIME SOON. And the anime team could do a better job a really better job and go back to how it use to be. Fillers here and there not every darn episode give us a few episodes with no garbage included and then sprinkle couple filler episodes in there but so far we have had 18 episodes of Shippuden and not one episode was not filler free. I mean come on if One Piece with its 300+ episodes can find a way to balance fillers and manga material then Naruto should be able to also.
Read my other post.
Riku540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 14:50   Link #62
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Silly question but...does naruto's shadow clone technique have a range limit on how far they can be from the him? Because thats the only explination I can see for him not making four clones real quick and knocking this 20 minute fiasco out in 5 seconds...

Sigh other then that the pacing was terrible. How many times has naruto gone emo lately this arc about WE GOTTA GO NOW!!! and worrying about gaara. Yet here he stands not only watching gai piss away time, but also trying to imitate his antics...

Well atleast maybe they'll be some fights next episode...
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 15:24   Link #63
Yukmouth

god damn! im just waiting for Orochimaru part of Shippuden and im done with this bullshit... SMH
Yukmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 15:45   Link #64
digitalmaster287

Im just going to stop coming to this forum now. Everytime I come its the same thing. People complaining about Shippuden, saying the pacing sucks, the anime sucks compared to the manga etc. Since I havent read the manga, I cant see anything wrong with the anime and Id rather not find out what exactly their doign wrong if anything.
digitalmaster287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 16:01   Link #65
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Worst dissapointment ever. Ofcourse, it took a whole episode to remove the boulder. And then like always some pointless scenes like that Gai thing. A 4 from me.

I'm usually not the one who complain about the pacing, but this is just... horrible
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 16:31   Link #66
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
this time i agree...one episode after two weeks just for removing the barrier. i think ill stop watching shippuden then after 6 or more episodes ill watch em all together.
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 17:39   Link #67
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
This isn't a filler dude.
PEOPLE THIS WASN'T FILLER IT WAS IN THE MANGA.
Sick of people saying it's a filler episode, that is all.
It was in the manga sir and took just as long.
What the hell are you blabbering about. The pacing is fine. There were two filler parts that whole episode. The whole Gai huddle thing and the Lee too loud on the microphone part.
Again it was in the manga and took just as long.
Guys this is getting f'ing ridiculous. : (
So what? You said the same thing six times and you are still missing the point. The whole episode could been done in ~5 to 7 min if they would leave all the unnecessary things out. This is fact and true for all episodes of Shippuuden so far. Given the fact the pacing is proven to be horrible. Your whole argumentation is based on the manga. Guess what? I have read that part and it took me less than 3min. (And yes I actually read the text and didnt just look the images -.-)

I will probably do the same as CeDeR, watching 5 episodes at once so that I can have the feeling that the main story is making progress.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 17:45   Link #68
LittleLaptopChan
My good neighbor Totoro

Send a message via ICQ to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via AIM to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via MSN to LittleLaptopChan
wow, uh well, i watched the episode.
and i must say, i'm not sure what to make of it.

because i literally, truly, really, FELL ASLEEP WHILE WATCHING IT.

woke up just in time to see shinigami golden, er, akatsuki time-out conversation. poor kisame, maybe he needs to go to the beach and absorb some sun rays more?
LittleLaptopChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 17:53   Link #69
onepiecelover

I kinda liked it . . . a LOT the only reason why is because now background music actually matches the action AND the animation is just super awesome !! I think it was an awesome episode
onepiecelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 17:58   Link #70
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmaster287 View Post
People complaining about Shippuden, saying the pacing sucks, the anime sucks compared to the manga etc. Since I havent read the manga, I cant see anything wrong with the anime and Id rather not find out what exactly their doign wrong if anything.
You are wrong.

The anime sucks compared to the story it portrays. The pacing is inconsistent, the filler parts are not coherent with the other parts. If you had watched carefully, at least this episode, you should have found many disturbing scenes (the scene with Neji and Naruto, Gai's team's laziness). It is like someone is having heart attack in front of you, and the others are just playing games in front of that sick person; and the person who should be the closest person to the one having heart attack, just celebrates those scenes. Sorry, but those scenes are annoying.

I thought, even a solely-anime watcher could notice those problems. But, it seems, I was wrong.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 19:16   Link #71
^_Usagi_^
BaKa

The ending sequence with Dei & Kisame cracked me up so much
^_Usagi_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 20:18   Link #72
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
<-- Anime-only watcher

This is probably the first time I haven't downloaded a canon Naruto episode within 1 day of the sub being out. After 17 (ok, 15) extremely dull episodes, I just don't care about Naruto enough to watch it anymore. How the anime has fallen since the Naru/Sasu fight...

Please, let Naruto get near the cancellation stage - The idiots who plan the pacing of the series and their superiors require some "motivation" it would seem.

Last edited by Maes Hughes; 2007-06-22 at 20:32.
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 20:51   Link #73
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmaster287 View Post
Im just going to stop coming to this forum now. Everytime I come its the same thing. People complaining about Shippuden, saying the pacing sucks, the anime sucks compared to the manga etc. Since I havent read the manga, I cant see anything wrong with the anime and Id rather not find out what exactly their doign wrong if anything.
wow dont take it personallyevery one has the right to voice an opinion(logical opinion).Anyway naruto is getting worse every single ep.
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 21:13   Link #74
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0dus View Post
Lol, I love all the idiots that think this episode was filler. It was in the manga.

I thought the Gai part was hilarious, and was glad they put it in.

Taking a long time to remove the boulder adds importance to the defensive skills of Akatsuki and further heightens their image as the strongest guys around. If they left the front door wide open, it wouldn't be as interesting and you know it.

I gave it a 10, this is the best episode of Naruto in AGEES and im liking the momentum theyre building up despite being a manga follower and obviously knowing whats going to happen.

One thing I have noticed that I dont like about Naruto, is when they show the preview for the next episode - they do it in a weird sort of kiddy theme which doesnt make sense. Next episode they are all fighting, and it would be better if they put more upbeat and dramatic music to get people excited about it rather than ruining the cliffhanger with some stupid jokes about weapons etc.
You thought them finding out how to remove the bolder with ease and then standing there for about 10 minutes chit-chatting adds importance to Akatsuki? Come on man. You said this is building up momentum? What show are you watching?
Next episode they'll be fighting? Where in that entier preview did you see a punch thrown?

I do agree with about how they preview the next episodes. I dont likw how they do it in such a comical fashion.

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-06-22 at 21:27.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 21:23   Link #75
Kakosan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
The anime sucks compared to the story it portrays. The pacing is inconsistent, the filler parts are not coherent with the other parts. If you had watched carefully, at least this episode, you should have found many disturbing scenes (the scene with Neji and Naruto, Gai's team's laziness).
I totally agree. This is not a matter of anime/manga comparison. The anime itself manages to destroy the inertia of the story with animation sequences that are completely out of place.

I mean, they were already delayed by Akatsuki, they know they barely have time and they start making jokes, wasting time, etc.?

I think there are so many complaints because Naruto was a completely different show when it started. Of course there were funny moments (it doesn't have to be a drama to be enjoyable), but I don't remember jokes between Naruto and Haku when Sasuke was believed to be dead, or between the Anbu members that witnessed how the Third Hokage was being killed by Orochimaru.
Kakosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 21:38   Link #76
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
You are wrong.

The anime sucks compared to the story it portrays. The pacing is inconsistent, the filler parts are not coherent with the other parts. If you had watched carefully, at least this episode, you should have found many disturbing scenes (the scene with Neji and Naruto, Gai's team's laziness). It is like someone is having heart attack in front of you, and the others are just playing games in front of that sick person; and the person who should be the closest person to the one having heart attack, just celebrates those scenes. Sorry, but those scenes are annoying.

I thought, even a solely-anime watcher could notice those problems. But, it seems, I was wrong.
I agree with you, but you have to remember that the anime is targeting 9 year old Japanese boys. Not teenage or adult Westerners. Kishi’s material, which isn't very sophisticated to begin with, has to be dumbed down. So they add more silliness and waste time because of the younger audience.

So Gai becomes a clown to entertain the kids. Team Gai, including the stoic Neji, becomes Team Goofball. And Naruto becomes stupider than usual.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 22:02   Link #77
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakosan View Post
I totally agree. This is not a matter of anime/manga comparison. The anime itself manages to destroy the inertia of the story with animation sequences that are completely out of place.

I mean, they were already delayed by Akatsuki, they know they barely have time and they start making jokes, wasting time, etc.?

I think there are so many complaints because Naruto was a completely different show when it started. Of course there were funny moments (it doesn't have to be a drama to be enjoyable), but I don't remember jokes between Naruto and Haku when Sasuke was believed to be dead, or between the Anbu members that witnessed how the Third Hokage was being killed by Orochimaru.
Mmm...The best way I can relate it was the sense of urgency everyone had when racing to catch up to sasuke only to find the sound elites constantly getting in their way. The pacing was excellent and the fights well done...now its just...bleh heh.

Honestly several times during the show I took time to water plants, get food, etc. without pausing the episode...didnt really miss much though.
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 22:41   Link #78
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
this time i agree...one episode after two weeks just for removing the barrier. i think ill stop watching shippuden then after 6 or more episodes ill watch em all together.
This is actually a great idea for those that have issues with the current pace of shuupuden. Then they really couldnt complain because they get 3-6 eps in one go.

Anyways this episode was good in that it progressed the story, showed emotion, and even had some comical scenes.

For those complaining about the "sense of urgency" do remeber this is an anime. Its not real, just like in bleach, when ichigo showed up to save rukia from the pheonix thing, they had a comical scene in there were he threw her to renji. Even though all the captians were there and even though it was a big scene i dont recal one person complaining. So please do me and some others a favor and stfu with the repetitive posts on how the episode was slow, boring, ect...

For those that have and only continue to complain i hope you stop watching the anime so i wont have to see your ridiculus post over and over again. Then when shuupuden really gets into the action ill see you posters crawl back in here to say how awsome some scene was.
Old 2007-06-22, 22:59   Link #79
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
For those that have and only continue to complain i hope you stop watching the anime so i wont have to see your ridiculus post over and over again.
Then, I suggest you to not drop by this thread, cause, as long as the anime continues that way, you will see this kind of posts over and over again.

And, do not forget, the worst shows ever had always viewers who claim the show was perfect. This does not mean the show was perfect, it is just the taste of that viewer was spoiled. Your post reminds me that.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 23:16   Link #80
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
I usually don't post too much here but DAMN this is quickly becoming the worst series ever. That Gai scene doing random noises (?) was painfully laughable. Makes me wonder what the hell are they thinking.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote