AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-19, 11:37   Link #61
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
"Usually"? I guess having both a chief director and a director happens occasionally, but its the first time I've seen Kawamori be a "chief director" while someone else is "director"
So you never watched Macross Plus?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 11:41   Link #62
7Th
Mixtape

If Kawamori was MP director it wouldn't have been as awesome as it was in the end.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 11:45   Link #63
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
If Kawamori was MP director it wouldn't have been as awesome as it was in the end.
Yeah and in this case, if Kawamori was the director I think it would be better than what we're getting. Lolz. :/
Old 2007-08-19, 12:06   Link #64
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
So you never watched Macross Plus?
I have. Good point. Still, it was just once. Not "usually".
Old 2007-08-19, 12:16   Link #65
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I have. Good point. Still, it was just once. Not "usually".
Well, I just see it as a naturally progression of how he's choosing to list the credits. With Macross Zero, Aquarion and Aquarion OVA he had different co-directors, so this might be a very similar situation. He's just using the "chief director" title to give the other guy a better credit possibly. After all, they all work for him in the studio and it would make sense for Satelight to have more credited directors that can then get attached to other projects.

Takahashi definitely has been using this chief director credit a lot lately through.
Old 2007-08-19, 16:46   Link #66
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Somebody's apparently never seen a Macross series before, but as usual cares to weigh in on that which he knows jack about

And I'm sorry people, but I have to say this. What is with all this prejudgement of the series?! We have no solid information let alone even a basic plot outline about what the series is about, yet people are already assuming the series will suck and the soundtrack will rock based on the people involved. There's no telling how things will turn out in this kind of situation and people have already made up their minds with nary a shred of evidence to support any of the conclusions about the quality of Macross Frontier. I keep seeing this trend in the anime community more and more and it really irks me. Can't people at the very least wait until something, ANYTHING tangible is presented by the producers before making a final judgement on any facet of an unmade series.

The only real speculation I can think of to make is that the title Macross Frontier might have semething to do with the Megaroad fleets journey. Also just because the screencap doesn't show the SDF-1 doesn't mean it won't be in the series. Finally from the screenshots, Number 1 is potentially a colony fleet, Number 2 could be the inside of a Colony ship, Number 3 is obvious and Number 4 is probably the obligiatory singer character. What else is there to say right now, pretty much nothing. And this paragraph is all just guess work. I see no reason not to keep looking forward to receiving more detailed information on Macross Frontier.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-08-19 at 17:35.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 05:27   Link #67
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

The staff involved doesn't generally sway my opinion on a series. I'll watch the first episode, or often first couple, then decide from there, based on the merits of the show itself, not the production staff, studio, or voices/music.

While there are staff/studios/composers I like a lot, just because they work on any particular show doesn't instantly make it good, just like it may not make it instantly bad. Why don't people wait for the first ep before trashing (or praising) it?
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 08:04   Link #68
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai View Post
Why don't people wait for the first ep before trashing (or praising) it?
Because then they can't brag about how they knew it sucked/rocked after general consensus is reached
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 01:32   Link #69
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

While I way looking for Macross F trailers I came across this

This is true fandom
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z4MR-icAj...elated&search=

SHAME ON ALL OF US. We're not fans

No ones really saying it sucks yet. It just I guess falls well short of what some macross fans were expecting (myself included). I hope that it's nothing like Mac7. Mac7 was dissapointing for me as it felt more of a joke sort of like a Mecha version of This is Spinal Tap. It's funny in an unintentional comedy sense, if it wasn't for Gamlin/MILF Milia/Max (7 frigging kids WTF?) i'd have written it off as a complete travesty. Anyway here's hoping that it turns out as worthy of being part of the Macross franchise. At least the title looks like the series will expand the colonization theme. Considering the timeframe it's pretty unlikely any of the characters from previous series' will be involved either.

I hope there's no more protodeviln in this though, and a little bit more is done about the Supervision Army.

EDIT: Now that we have a name for the series is it possible to change the tile of this thread?

Last edited by hobbes_fan; 2007-09-06 at 01:42.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 06:02   Link #70
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Because then they can't brag about how they knew it sucked/rocked after general consensus is reached
True that.

On a sidenote: AoMM Jason's opinion is what it is. He is one of the few people who refused to turn a blind eye on the flaws of Hiroyuki Yoshino's script writing, irritating some people as result. I say, leave the man continue to blog the way he does, he is entertaining.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 17:08   Link #71
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
While I way looking for Macross F trailers I came across this

This is true fandom

No ones really saying it sucks yet. It just I guess falls well short of what some macross fans were expecting (myself included). I hope that it's nothing like Mac7. Mac7 was dissapointing for me as it felt more of a joke sort of like a Mecha version of This is Spinal Tap. It's funny in an unintentional comedy sense, if it wasn't for Gamlin/MILF Milia/Max (7 frigging kids WTF?) i'd have written it off as a complete travesty. Anyway here's hoping that it turns out as worthy of being part of the Macross franchise. At least the title looks like the series will expand the colonization theme. Considering the timeframe it's pretty unlikely any of the characters from previous series' will be involved either.

I hope there's no more protodeviln in this though, and a little bit more is done about the Supervision Army.

EDIT: Now that we have a name for the series is it possible to change the tile of this thread?
Lol that was awesome, and on Macross 7 I actually liked it. The beginning was super repetitive and it wasn't amazing show, but somehow I liked it. For some reason I never liked the original I couldn't bring myself to watch. Isn't it weird that I liked 7 yet I don't like the original, still I love th DYRL to me that movie was amazing. Oh and I thought Protodevilin was the supervison army?(I heard that from somewhere) I guess I was misinformed on that.
Old 2007-09-08, 00:42   Link #72
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Macross 7 turned me off with its beginning episodes, and to this date I haven't finished it. Nor do I ever plan to... as almost all the characters annoy me for some reason (especially Basara, Mylene, and some dude whos name I forgot).

Oddly enough, I loved Macross 7 Trash. Go figure...

And I agree, it's only until when the anime airs that we can actually judge whether or not the F in Macross F stands for 'Fail', as some people already are judging the series before they have seen it. Although that coming from Kaoishin, it certainly feels like the pot calling the kettle black, to say the least. ^^;

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 08:00   Link #73
DieH@rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post

Aplause...
DieH@rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 16:54   Link #74
Siegel Clyne

Macross F in 2009?

Macross F / Macross Frontier (tentative) to air in 2009?
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 20:50   Link #75
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Hopefully we ll get some Macross 0/ Yukikaze style dogfight.

Everything else can be forgiven if i get my aerial combat orgasmic euphoria
Old 2007-09-19, 22:11   Link #76
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai View Post
Yeah, and those five years have been reasonably significant in the world of high-end computing, with nice improvements to distributed processing and general price drops on small scale supercomputers suitable for rendering farms. On the raw, grunt-power side it's important.

Of course much more goes in to making a series, and I don't really expect them to be able to do that all-round quality of Zero in a TV series, but the animation should still be pretty good.
well, as long as it can be Kissdum ep1 standard all the way, I'm fine
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 17:42   Link #77
Westlo
Lets be reality

Macross Frontier trailer available on site

http://macross.co.jp/?id=special

Youtube link if it's stuffing up/slow

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vjHQPDOD7E8
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 18:07   Link #78
PEDOS_GRANDE