AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-20, 06:41   Link #141
Parousia

I'm new here, in this thread to be exact.

I'm kinda curious about this "Versus Story" can someone summarized it for me?
Old 2014-05-20, 06:46   Link #142
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Versus is a crossover story in which Kirito from Sword Art Online fights Haruyuki in a duel. SAO is the author's other series with a protagonist completely different from Haruyuki (and that point can't be further from the truth!).

The story fuelled speculation that the two works are conmected but the author has stated that 'there is no clear connection.' Take that whichever way you will, but as of Volume 15 of AW, enough has been confirmed that SAO and AW share the same kind of technology and implications discussed and explored in SAO's Alicization arc.

If you're curious to find out who won...
Spoiler:
Old 2014-05-20, 21:38   Link #143
Parousia

So SAO and AW are in the same timeline then?

Thank You for the summarized version.
Old 2014-05-21, 05:20   Link #144
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

The dates of technological developments do seem to fit the same time line, but there is still a small probability that the two works are in the same universe with characters from both works just being there at different times. Neither Versus nor AW's Volume 15 nor Alicization has erased this small probability or confirmed it either.
Old 2014-05-22, 06:52   Link #145
c933103
FTNR

From the volume's afterword, I remembered reading something like "i hope readers treat AW and SAO as in parallel universe like how Kirito guessed at the current point of time."
Old 2014-05-31, 07:03   Link #146
Parousia

Something out of curiosity, does Green Grande has experience in playing Accel Assaul and Cosmos Corrupt? and why did the two games became abandoned?
Old 2014-05-31, 07:07   Link #147
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

He only knows of their existence, he hasn't actually played them.

Accel Assault died a natural death in the sense that all of its players kept on fighting to the point until only Duska was left, leading to AW's first OVA showing her request to be uninstalled.

Cosmos Corrupt was probably terminated from an over-abundance of peace. Whatever it means, there probably was too little duelling and fighting to reach the goal set by CC's designers.
Old 2014-05-31, 11:23   Link #148
Parousia

Thank You Tusjecht, but one more question..

Does the LN reveal any users of Accel Assault and Cosmos Corrupt playing Brain Burst?
Old 2014-05-31, 11:29   Link #149
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

It's runoured that White Cosmos plays Cosmos Corrupt too, but I don't know which volume is the basis for that. Probably no one plays more than one game anyway.
Old 2014-05-31, 11:40   Link #150
Parousia

another question,

does Cosmos Corrupt has the same commands or more than Brain Burst?

sorry for the question I just get more curious as time passes and questions build up in my mind
Old 2014-05-31, 11:41   Link #151
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Unknown to both of them... It could simply be a rename? Or it could be completely different from Brain Burst.
Old 2014-06-21, 17:58   Link #152
Verdis94

Could someone please tell in which book and chapter Kuroyukihime morphes Black Lotus' blade into a hand? I want to try and translate it(even though that will probably take months) ^^
Old 2014-06-21, 18:37   Link #153
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Somewhere in volume 8 is my best answer, I'm sorry.
Old 2014-07-02, 06:09   Link #154
Chrome_Disaster

Season 2

Ok, so my question is that if the series will have a season 2 cause I saw on internet those images/manga ? I mean the manga is going ? I saw that Silver Crow is posseded and trasnformed intro Calamity Armor 06 . It is some fan made or real manga , also a quick view for what I can expect in season 2 if there will be a season 2 .
Old 2014-07-02, 06:25   Link #155
HasuMasu
*Artist

Spoiler for novel:
Old 2014-07-02, 10:09   Link #156
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome_Disaster View Post
Ok, so my question is that if the series will have a season 2 cause I saw on internet those images/manga ? I mean the manga is going ? I saw that Silver Crow is posseded and trasnformed intro Calamity Armor 06 . It is some fan made or real manga , also a quick view for what I can expect in season 2 if there will be a season 2 .
You probably saw the image for Volume 8/9, and it is indeed true. The Disaster Armour falls into Haru's possession.

Season 2 will likely cover Volumes 5-9 of the novels, wrapping up the Chrome Disaster arc and introducing the ISS kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
Spoiler for novel:
Besides flight, Suzaku has flame armour and an ultra-hot breath attack.

Seiryuu takes the form of a dragon (an Asian dragon, mind you) and besides lightning, water, and a melee tail attack, possess the attack «Level Drain», manifesting in black balls with unusual properties. They drain a Burst Linker caught in them of their BP to zero and then reduces their Level.

Nothing yet is known about Genbu and Byakko.
Old 2014-07-02, 10:32   Link #157
Chrome_Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
You probably saw the image for Volume 8/9, and it is indeed true. The Disaster Armour falls into Haru's possession.

Season 2 will likely cover Volumes 5-9 of the novels, wrapping up the Chrome Disaster arc and introducing the ISS kit.

Seiryuu takes the form of a dragon (an Asian dragon, mind you) and besides lightning, water, and a melee tail attack, possess the attack «Level Drain», manifesting in black balls with unusual properties. They drain a Burst Linker caught in them of their BP to zero and then reduces their Level.

oook so then is real , the novels are ongoing but what is make me wonder is when the season 2 will arrive ? ok ppl seem to like SAO more than AW for some **** reasons, i personaly dislike that anime and i have my reasons, both animes were realesed in 2012 and now in 2014 we have SAO S2 ... we can expect AW S2 in 2016 ? or if we are luky maybe after SAO S2 ends ........ or they will still going for SAO S3 so i can forget AW and move forward .... is true that there are no official annoucement ....
Old 2014-07-02, 10:47   Link #158
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
oook so then is real , the novels are ongoing but what is make me wonder is when the season 2 will arrive ? ok ppl seem to like SAO more than AW for some **** reasons, i personaly dislike that anime and i have my reasons, both animes were realesed in 2012 and now in 2014 we have SAO S2 ... we can expect AW S2 in 2016 ? or if we are luky maybe after SAO S2 ends ........ or they will still going for SAO S3 so i can forget AW and move forward .... is true that there are no official annoucement ....
While both series have some interlinked activities and is written by same person in the same label, they are produced by different animation company and i think that's what made their season 2 out of link
Old 2014-07-02, 21:20   Link #159
sumusiko

Quote:
It's fairly accepted in the AW communities that season 2 is VERY LIKELY to happen, maybe even sooner than we expect (october 5 announcement, MAYBE) even if it's not announced for this year, the odds are that it will have a second season although it may take some time.
Old 2014-07-03, 04:36   Link #160
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post

Thanks! I have a follow-up. What exactly is <<Endless Kill>>? (or I think that's what it's called)
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a