AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-03-21, 01:19   Link #21
Merco
I like pie

*sigh* I miss the search bar they had at the bottom of every forum... it would skip me making an ass out of myself and posting something which had been posted already.

(T-T)

oh well, maybe next time then...
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 10:35   Link #22
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

I don't understand what you mean by 'the first real anime'. Do you mean the first live action anime? If so, then the answer is definitely no. There has been plenty of live action versions of anime made, heck you can find some of them right here on this site (GTO and Sailor Moon). There has also been movies like Iriam.

Lets not forget the american live action versions of certain (at the time) famous anime. There were two american Guyver movies (one starring Mark Hammil), both sucked though I'm inclined to say the second one was far worse than the first. Then there was the Fist of the North Star movie, also wretched.

There has also been anime-esque live action big budget flicks like Mikazuki and Returner.

So I really couldn't call Casshern a first in anything, other than possibly the first Casshern/Casshan live action movie. Is that what you meant?

I'm looking forward to it, looks really nifty. It looks like the Japanese equivalent to Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, which I'm also highly anticipating.
Radd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 14:06   Link #23
oasis

Send a message via ICQ to oasis Send a message via MSN to oasis
Casshern?

http://www.apple.co.jp/quicktime/tra...ern_large.html

This movie looks way cool. What is it?

Last edited by NightWish; 2004-03-21 at 14:14. Reason: Merged thread
oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 17:55   Link #24
gohmifune

Casshern

Ok, I just saw the trailer for the new live action movie, and this leaves me wondering what're the chances that someone will pick the original series, which I believe is unliscensed, as only the OVAs have been released. I think that the show would help generate buzz for the movie as many people who can't get a copy in the US( as it is still japan-only). I personally can't wait to see the movie, and having seen the OVAs years ago would like to see the show get a release. Has this come up?

trailer:
gohmifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:10   Link #25
ToFuMan

I just want to ask if anyone know when this movie will be released? Thanks.
ToFuMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:27   Link #26
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Look here

There's already a discussion about it...and in that thread it says the movies have been licensed...in fact they're available on DVD in the states...both movies if i'm not mistaken
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 19:16   Link #27
ShinDragon

I'd like to see Casshern's dog (forgot what the name is) in the movie, too.
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 20:09   Link #28
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

If you can find a translator, I have the first volume of the TV series in its old school glory. Kind of meant it to be an eventual pet project but the lack of time and translations I have to do because I can't find help for my other series has put it on the back burner for quite awhile.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 02:26   Link #29
gohmifune

Casshern's dog is named friender if I remember correctly, and someone mentioned it being had by streamline, I think that was the OVAs, not the original tv show, would make more sense as they had the 8man OVA as well.
Old 2004-03-23, 02:27   Link #30
gohmifune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToFuMan
I just want to ask if anyone know when this movie will be released? Thanks.
April 24 in japan
Old 2004-03-24, 22:40   Link #31
Foug

Casshern

Just saw a trailer for this look and it looks awesome. Does anyone know if a group will be subbing it?
Foug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 00:04   Link #32
Nooj
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foug
Just saw a trailer for this look and it looks awesome. Does anyone know if a group will be subbing it?
Well I certainly hope so. I love the Japanese Sci-Fi/Fantasy movies and I'd hate to miss this one.
Nooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 03:00   Link #33
Soten
nomu ;P

Send a message via AIM to Soten
Casshern !Can't f***in wait!

Holy crap this looks awesome

Here's a trailer for steamboy as well - Takashi Nakamura (Akira)
http://www.apple.co.jp/quicktime/tra...boy_large.html
Soten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 03:02   Link #34
Tommy
Mr. Prince

It looks cool but kinda cheesy. Anyways I still look forward to watching it.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 03:25   Link #35
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

This has popped up so many times now... in fact, there was even a discussion about it here.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 03:46   Link #36
Soten
nomu ;P

Send a message via AIM to Soten
omg! i just made a topic about this. Im dumb sometimes.

anyways its gonna be badass, Koreans make great movies, and Japanese tell great stories, its gonna be a good one

Soten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 23:00   Link #37
airdogz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnegaiNL
will there be any english groups subbing it ?
it looks way to cool to not be subbed lol
has anyone found the torrent with the sub??!?
airdogz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 01:56   Link #38
Seiryuu

Casshern LA

In the near future, mankind achieves a magnificent breakthrough, New Cell. Through this breakthrough, they are able to create machines with a level of sophistication, intelligence, and raw power that goes beyond comprehension. In a short period of time, the machines prove stronger, smarter, and completely superior to their human creators. Under Android BK-1, the Black King, the machines revolt. The tables turn, and the humans are now merely slaves to their creations, barely managing to survive at all. Against these awesome machines, the human race is truly powerless. Yet one hope remains. A single person, supposedly powerful enough to face the machines and liberate his race. They call him Casshern.

That's the basic synopsis of the old OVA anime Casshern. It seems a new movie is in the making based on that series. Judging from the trailer at http://bt.aus3d.net/?a3d=torrents&peeringpoint=owns, the movie will truly be awe-inspiring. I personally have never particularly favored Japanese live action, yet this one shows a level of intensity and special effects greater than many American movies. This is probably wishful thinking, but this movie may be comparable to such films as the Matrix or Terminator. I do not know if any American companies have licensed the right to sub and distribute it here, but I sincerely hope that one of them does.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 03:02   Link #39
Shihbang
Elite Fireball

Send a message via AIM to Shihbang
Yeah, I saw the trailer quite a while back - the movie is directed by Utada Hikaru's husband...forgot his name. It certainly looks like it's going to be a blast - I just wish Final Fantasy had this much intensity...maybe they can get the guy to direct the next FF, if they ever make one.
Shihbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 10:13   Link #40
Inn3rchild
Child Forever

Send a message via ICQ to Inn3rchild Send a message via AIM to Inn3rchild Send a message via MSN to Inn3rchild Send a message via Yahoo to Inn3rchild
very late post, but o well.

I remeber watching some of the old anime. This movie looks wicked man. It looks like a masterpeice already.
Inn3rchild is offline   Reply With Quote