AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-09-10, 21:45   Link #5301
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
This is the Blackspot, there's no good nor evil. I've lost the count of how many times has that been repeated.
I'd still argue that Aruka is evil. Blackspot may be lawless but that doesn't mean it doesn't have good and evil. It's like in DnD with alignments where you can be lawful evil, neutral evil, or chaotic evil? What purpose does she have in murdering her own brother? She's tried to kill him three times now for no real purpose. And I'm not sure how you could consider Arclight as not evil. Not only is he behind the whole Needless Hunt and virtually everyone in the Adam Project but he's tried to enslave everyone in Blackspot and slaughter everyone else. Blackspot may be lawless but that's pretty evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
About Aruka and Cruz, why would she have hidden her being one of Arclights henchmen to begin with? Why not just tell him the truth? Blackspot is lawless and he should've been young enough to mold him into thinking whatever she liked, so what's up with all the secretive stuff to begin with? Don't forget she was with Arclight even before she infiltrated the resistance. I just can't think of a good reason Cruz was left in the dark about all of this.
Having Cruz know Aruka was in Simeon would've messed things up for her. She probably saw Cruz as some needy and useless human who was too weak to survive in Blackspot. It's kinda hard to tell for sure but hopefully there will be info on their past sometime soon.

Quote:
Speaking of Disk, I found a dojinshi(very much x rated) today with her. It's actually the first dojin I've ever seen of Needless. Don't know whether I'm the only one who didn't have this already, but if anyone else wants it, send me a pm and I'll give you the link to it.
I actually had that a year ago when I was looking at some C76 stuff (didn't keep it for very long tho). Looking at the doujin database, there appears to be 4 total doujins for Needless.
Old 2010-09-10, 23:19   Link #5302
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
My two cents on Aruka and her involvement with Simeon and the Resistance: First off, I only have what I saw in the anime to go on (but I'm pretty sure that stuff was accurate before they kind the Saten reveal), but when we're first shown Aruka and Cruz in the Resistance, she was already after the data chip for Simeon. Unfortunately, we don't know how long she'd actually been in the Resistance nor how long she's been working for Simeon. As for telling Cruz... well, I see it as a case of "need to know". She has perhaps the most powerful fire fragment, whereas Cruz (at the time) had nothing. Why bother telling a weakling like him, who would probably end up dead, anything like that in the first place? Not only that, but he was too close to the leader for her to reveal anything without the high probability of him blurting it out. Then on top of it all, as I mentioned before, we don't know how long they'd been with the Resistance... but they were obviously with it long enough to call Simeon evil. I suspect that Aruka's thinking was "okay. he's a weakling who'll end up dead soon, so I'll be nice and offer him a futile safe haven until we go to wipe them all out"

As for the lawlessness of BlackSpot... well, even if it's lawless, people still have their morals. And Simeon capturing people for experiments/Acrlight's fuel source... would probably go against any person's morals (minus those involved with Simeon, of course)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 12:39   Link #5303
Ynot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
Do we know this for sure? Not saying you're wrong, but I'm trying to recall where we might have learned it, and I'm drawing a blank.
The chapter is still untranslated but it was in the anime, which is pretty accurate up until a certain point. So no, I'm not 100% certain but as close to it as can. Someone called her a traitor but she answered she wasn't because she has been with Simeon before she joined them.

After thinking about it some more I've come up with two reasons which would make sense to me as to why she didn't tell Yamada. First, even though she didn't have contact yet with the resistance, Yamada might have had. So when she joined Simeon she wouldn't tell Yamada because obviously she couldn't be absolutely sure where his loyalties would lie.

The second reason, because she always had to take care of Yamada his presence became suffocating and she wanted to have something completely of her own. A place where she would never be bothered by him. A place where she could be "someone else" and completely forget about her little brother.

I can't wait to see Aruka and Yamada come face to face again.

And about the whole evil/good thing. Just like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder. My eye says Aruka is EEEEVIIILLLLLLL!!! Which of course doesn't mean I don't like her
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 13:29   Link #5304
Leidolfr

If you are talking about the Raw version of Chapter 83, "could you pass me the link to Chapter 83 in a private message please?, Is that after viewing Chapter 82 (which now must wait to be translated into English), I see what happens in 83 .
Leidolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 13:47   Link #5305
js06

Quote:
The chapter is still untranslated but it was in the anime, which is pretty accurate up until a certain point. So no, I'm not 100% certain but as close to it as can. Someone called her a traitor but she answered she wasn't because she has been with Simeon before she joined them.
Was that from the part covering the material in the flashback in Volume 6? Because I just checked and she doesn't says that there in the manga.
js06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 14:20   Link #5306
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leidolfr View Post
If you are talking about the Raw version of Chapter 83, "could you pass me the link to Chapter 83 in a private message please?, Is that after viewing Chapter 82 (which now must wait to be translated into English), I see what happens in 83 .
The raw is not out yet,should come out late next week .
Quote:
Was that from the part covering the material in the flashback in Volume 6? Because I just checked and she doesn't says that there in the manga.
thas right .
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 14:37   Link #5307
Ynot

Quote:
Originally Posted by js06 View Post
I can't remember, I'd have to watch the episodes featuring Aruka again. I'll see if I can find it.
-------------
Edit : Found it. It's the second part of ep16, just after Aruka's mask has been broken.

Cruz : There's no way vice commander Nee-chan would betray everyone.

Aruka : Betray? That's incorrect. I've been with Simeon since before I joined the resistance.
I only joined the resistance because I had been given a mission from Arclight-Sama.

Can you confirm it's the same in the manga js06?

Last edited by Ynot; 2010-09-11 at 16:42.
Old 2010-09-11, 16:50   Link #5308
Leidolfr

Ok, thanks for the information Soji ^^.
Leidolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 17:00   Link #5309
js06

Quote:
Can you confirm it's the same in the manga js06?
Here's a rough translation of how it goes in Chapter 36 in Volume 6.
Spoiler for Translation:

Side note: No mention of when she became part of Simeon is mentioned anywhere else in the conversation either.
js06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 18:07   Link #5310
Ynot

^ I didn't expect to see these kind of differences between the manga and anime before the split in stories. I know it has been asked before but I can't remember whether it was answered. Are there plans to start translating the skipped chapters when Pewpew catches up with the current raws?
Old 2010-09-11, 18:40   Link #5311
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
Well you dont need to know when she became a member of Simeon, shes 1 of the elite 4 and then she also had the mission to retrieve the data chip. So she had those a long time before that. Ofc if shes a spy or just a traitor shes a traitor either way. Spys are never treated as real inteligence agents.
Everyone hates them anyways thats why they hang m :P
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 00:07   Link #5312
Avvesione

I always thought Aruka was an accomplished assassin within the ranks of Simeon. In fact, her identity as one of the four Generals was such a well kept secret that even Disk did not know who she was. I guess you'd have to find out her back story from Arclight, Riru, or (Cruz should ask) Saten.

Wonder if she'll ever wear a mask again. She wore a mask during the assault on Kana Village (but also had major cleavage in that bondage-suit/armor, so I don't know how much a mask would help) but didn't toward the end. I also love her expression when she sees Cruz. That's gotta be one of my most favorite pages in the manga.
Old 2010-09-12, 07:08   Link #5313
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
I always thought Aruka was an accomplished assassin within the ranks of Simeon. In fact, her identity as one of the four Generals was such a well kept secret that even Disk did not know who she was. I guess you'd have to find out her back story from Arclight, Riru, or (Cruz should ask) Saten.

Wonder if she'll ever wear a mask again. She wore a mask during the assault on Kana Village (but also had major cleavage in that bondage-suit/armor, so I don't know how much a mask would help) but didn't toward the end. I also love her expression when she sees Cruz. That's gotta be one of my most favorite pages in the manga.
Totally agree.
But I doubt Saten tell the truth even if Cruz asked about this.
looking back I wonder why Saten is so interested in Cruz?I doubt it is only for his great intelligence, maybe if we're lucky something will come out in this arc..maybe next 1 or 2 chapter or at least I hope.
Old 2010-09-12, 11:50   Link #5314
Ynot

Kurumi also wore a mask, wonder if she worked as a spy too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Totally agree.
I wonder why Saten is so interested in Cruz?I doubt it is only for his great intelligence, maybe if we're lucky something will come out in this arc..maybe next 1 or 2 chapter or at least I hope.
Me too. He just jumped right in after Yamada got pierced by a memory shard. He couldn't be sure he'd end up in the memory which the 666 committee was looking for. So why would he do that? What's the benefit? Just a gamble? But in the memory world itself he saved Yamada from getting hit by shounen blade. As far as i understand Yamada isn't one of those people whose death would make the memory fragment in which they are collapse. So was that just a strategic decision since Yamada obviously knows a lot about Blade, Eve and Gido which could benefit Saten?

Perhaps Saten just loves young girls and has the same kind of angel&devil on his shoulder as Blade
Spoiler for needless:

Last edited by Ynot; 2010-09-12 at 12:07.
Old 2010-09-12, 13:00   Link #5315
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Speaking of Blade...
Spoiler for image:

Quote:
^ I didn't expect to see these kind of differences between the manga and anime before the split in stories.
And that's why we need someone to translate those chapters...

Anyway, if we allow for the possibility that Arca was a member of the Resistance before joining Simeon, everything becomes much simpler. Well, a little bit simpler. At least the situation with Cruz wouldn't need such a complicated explanation.

Here's the scenario: Arca's ability hasn't fully developed yet. While she's on some mission for the Resistance she runs into a strong opponent (someone like Hatfield for example). She tries to fight and is defeated, but the enemy recognises her potential, so she gets taken to Arclight, who offers to awaken her powers if she switches sides. She agrees, he does that tentacle thing on her. (Assuming that's what that does, of course. That's another "translation required"...) And maybe, just possibly, she's partly motivated by a desire to protect Cruz, having realised that the Resistance can't hope to stand up to Simeon.
Old 2010-09-12, 13:26   Link #5316
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post

Anyway, if we allow for the possibility that Arca was a member of the Resistance before joining Simeon, everything becomes much simpler. Well, a little bit simpler. At least the situation with Cruz wouldn't need such a complicated explanation.

Here's the scenario: Arca's ability hasn't fully developed yet. While she's on some mission for the Resistance she runs into a strong opponent (someone like Hatfield for example). She tries to fight and is defeated, but the enemy recognises her potential, so she gets taken to Arclight, who offers to awaken her powers if she switches sides. She agrees, he does that tentacle thing on her. (Assuming that's what that does, of course. That's another "translation required"...) And maybe, just possibly, she's partly motivated by a desire to protect Cruz, having realised that the Resistance can't hope to stand up to Simeon.
Yuo forget that she attempted to kill him for 3 times.And in one of those Cruz died.(Eve was the one to bring him back )
therefore I doubt this scenario is possible,seriously cruz a more siblings like relationship with Eve now that Aruka(his real big sister ).Rather ironic if you ask me

Last edited by Soji; 2010-09-12 at 13:46.
Old 2010-09-12, 13:55   Link #5317
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I managed to read Needless until chapter 81 at last...Please tell me, the arc of Blade's past had already finished, right ? I heard that this manga will only have 100 chapters, so I think there's a lot of things to catch up ;(

Gido's theory about 2 beings combine into a human seems...explained what will happen to blade and eve in the future ? I noticed that you guys are talking about it in few pages back, and it's actually one of the reasons why I started to read needless from chapter 50 - 81

With the rate of the translation speed right now, I guess it won't take long before they catch up to the current chapter ;(

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 14:05   Link #5318
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I managed to read Needless until chapter 81 at last...Please tell me, the arc of Blade's past had already finished, right ? I heard that this manga will only have 100 chapters, so I think there's a lot of things to catch up ;(
Whut? Who told you that? The manga is still running and far, VERY FAR from its end. At the very least chapter 100 could be part 1 end, but then it comes part 2, wich will have another 100 chapters, probably. Either way, with the 12 stigmata needless issue and the many loose ends, Needless will be running for at least another 10 years
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 14:15   Link #5319
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
seriously cruz a more siblings like relationship with Eve now that Aruka(his real big sister ).Rather ironic if you ask me
That'd be true if she could learn his name =P Kinda funny how Aruka gets very angry with Blade and Co. for calling him Yamada. I guess she still kinda respects him but wants to kill him anyway.

Also was browsing around pixiv and found a pretty good (read: funny) drawing of Aruka, so I thought I'd pass that on since she's the hot topic right now.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post

With the rate of the translation speed right now, I guess it won't take long before they catch up to the current chapter ;(
Actually, the most current raw out is 82, so pewpew is one chapter behind the most current chapter. If you're only reading the translated version, there's gonna be some spoilers on this board... but 82 should be out soon. The raw for 83 should be out sometime early next week or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
Whut? Who told you that? The manga is still running and far, VERY FAR from its end. At the very least chapter 100 could be part 1 end, but then it comes part 2, wich will have another 100 chapters, probably. Either way, with the 12 stigmata needless issue and the many loose ends, Needless will be running for at least another 10 years
I don't see how it could end at chapter 100 unless things start speeding up very quickly. There's still the whole issue of finding Teruyama and Gido, replacing Disk's body, unfinished business at Kana Village, Eve and Blade's conditions, and all the obstacles leading up to Arclight.

I'll only consider the manga will be heading toward an ending (of Part I) after we see Riru fight :X
Old 2010-09-12, 14:17   Link #5320
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I mean in Needless 1 (or at least that's what I think I've read(?) I think I've read it somewhere in here that Needless 1 will only have 100 chapters ? ;( )

I heard that there are already Needless 1.5 and the upcoming Needless 2...
As for 1.5, from what I've seen with that female blade(?), I'm just wondering whether the remaining chapters for Needless 1 will be enough to explain all of that (and then there's a matter concerning Cruz and Arclight too @_@ )

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, seinen