AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-10, 03:19   Link #561
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Call me slow, but I had no idea Heavy Object and Waltraute had the same Artist doing the illustrations for both of them

(Heavy Object Light Novel that is, not the new 'S' Manga...)

And is also the same person designing the characters for Ar Tonelico !
Old 2012-09-10, 04:27   Link #562
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Eh? Same author...? This will be interesting then
Yeah, same author and same artist for the illustration too. Will definitely buy it when it come out lol.

Edit : As per C2F's request, here's the very brief synopsis for the ninja title(the first one) tittled "Kiwamete Ninkyoku"

Ninja is long gone by now. that's just common sense that everyone knows about.

But, that's actually wrong. Although there's a lot of school that already extinct, there's still a few number of prominent school that continue to exist even now.

And then, the absolute scroll in the ninja world, "Scroll of Ninkyoku(the kanji means ultimate shinobi)" was somehow unexpectedly read by the 16 years old Aizawa Kakeru. The transfer bishoujo student who appear before him announce "I'm sorry, Aizawa-kun. Now that it become like this, I just can't leave you as you are now". Kakeru's terror and sweet daily life begins.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2012-09-10 at 08:43.
Old 2012-09-10, 08:48   Link #563
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post

Edit : As per C2F's request, here's the very brief synopsis for the ninja title(the first one) tittled "Kiwamete Ninkyoku"

Ninja is long gone by now. that's just common sense that everyone knows about.

But, that's actually wrong. Although there's a lot of school that already extinct, there's still a few number of prominent school that continue to exist even now.

And then, the absolute scroll in the ninja world, "Scroll of Ninkyoku(the kanji means ultimate shinobi)" was somehow unexpectedly read by the 16 years old Aizawa Kakeru. The transfer bishoujo student who appear before him announce "I'm sorry, Aizawa-kun. Now that it become like this, I just can't leave you as you are now". Kakeru's terror and sweet daily life begins.

...You know, I kinda expected something along that lines- but I didn't think I actually got it word for word

So, it's one of those huh...
Old 2012-09-10, 12:03   Link #564
tsunade666

Reminds me of Nobari no ou (did I get the spelling right? the stoic kid that has the ultimate ninjutsu scroll embedded on his soul or something along those lines)

The new work that catch my attention is the twin tail girl with a ring around her.

This thing still never fails to catch my attention even though I don't know a thing about it. The art is just eye catching

http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/new/bunko1210.php#new11
Old 2012-09-10, 18:35   Link #565
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Reminds me of Nobari no ou (did I get the spelling right? the stoic kid that has the ultimate ninjutsu scroll embedded on his soul or something along those lines)
Nabari no Ou.

Hopefully this one has none of the heavy BL vibes of the former.

Actually, I was hoping for a modern ninja story written by Kamachi ever since Simple Survey; I like his idea of ninjas using technology and deception rather than supernatural powers.

Like Batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
This thing still never fails to catch my attention even though I don't know a thing about it. The art is just eye catching

http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/new/bunko1210.php#new11
Of the new series for October, the one the caught my eye is S.I.A, which I assumes stands for "Student Intelligence Agency" judging from the few individual words I could make out.

Quote:
あなたに我が生徒会情報部の学生諜報員(ステージェント)
になってもらいたいの。拒否権は、ないわよ。

引きこもってネット三昧だった麻波守貴。受験合格を機に、過去を払拭し高校デビューだ! ……と試みた刹那。彼は、謎の美少女率いる『生徒会情報部』に連行された。彼は、生徒会会長閣下・遊氏茉絢から、こう指令を下される。

P2Pソフト『MX』『NY』の後継版、脳内情報共有システム『OZ』に制御されたエリート校に『学生諜報員』として潜り込め、と。
 学園に侵入した守貴は、そこで少女と運命の出会いを果たし──。

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-09-10 at 19:58.
Old 2012-09-10, 20:35   Link #566
tsunade666

^from what you post, the one thing I get is boy enrolls in high school then got drag to meet president? or got drag by a girl to the so called "student intelligence agency"? but not sure. The most prominent word I get is fate or something.

So boy meets girl setting?
Old 2012-09-15, 02:38   Link #567
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hai hai, a continuation from last time...

Original Source

Quote:

本紙で「聖痕」を連載中の筒井康隆と、「涼宮ハルヒ」シリーズなどで知られるイラストレーター
いとうのいぢがコラボレーションしたライトノベル『ビアンカ・オーバースタディ』(星海社・9 98円)が、
発売1カ月たたずに3刷を重ねる売れ行きだ。

ストーリーは、学園一の美少女高校生ビアンカが、放課後の生物研究部でちょっと危ない研究に熱 中するうち
「未来人」に出会い、タイムマシンで冒険に乗り出すという、「時をかける少女」のパロディーともいえる展開 。
ビアンカの超ミニスカートのイラストに、「ラノベ」感サクレツだ。

筒井は「まず、SFなのでSF的結構を重視した。それは『時かけ』を書いたときも同じ。
ただ、ライトノベルなので少し『萌(も)え』て書きました。いとうのいぢさんは、
その『萌え』をいちばんよく表現してくれる絵師。期待通りの仕上がりです」と満足げだ。

元々は講談社の「ファウスト」誌連載だったが、5年近くの間に雑誌が2度しか出ず、
作者も読者も待たされて最終章は書き下ろしに。「あとがき」で筒井に「太田が悪い」と5度書か れた
編集担当の太田克史は、「確かに待たせた太田が悪い。いとうのいぢさんも僕も、
昔からの筒井ファン。一緒に本をつくるなんて夢のようでした」と語る。

続編ができそうな終わり方だが、「ラノベはこれ1作で十分」と筒井。
「あとがき」で、「誰か続編を書いてはくれまいか」と募集している。

http://book.asahi.com/booknews/updat...091100005.html
Old 2012-09-15, 20:05   Link #568
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

ストーリーは、学園一の美少女高校生ビアンカが、放課後の生物研究部でちょっと危ない研究に熱 中するうち
「未来人」に出会い、タイムマシンで冒険に乗り出すという、「時をかける少女」のパロディーと もいえる展開 。
ビアンカの超ミニスカートのイラストに、「ラノベ」感サクレツだ

hrmm...
Old 2012-09-15, 21:30   Link #569
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

So, it's an SF story and use a little parody from toki kake by using a time travel gimmick O_O. Well, considering this is most likely a one shot story, I might try buying it but will hold on to reading it until I finished with biblio, Waltraute and Magdele 2.
Old 2012-09-15, 22:02   Link #570
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
So, it's an SF story and use a little parody from toki kake by using a time travel gimmick O_O. Well, considering this is most likely a one shot story, I might try buying it but will hold on to reading it until I finished with biblio, Waltraute and Magdele 2.
Oh funny you should mention Waltraute; how many stories are there? Just the three from the magazines before? Or did he add one more?

Also, any additional illustrations as well??
Old 2012-09-16, 09:39   Link #571
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

There's 4 chapters in the book, three main chapters and 1 extra chapter with chibi waltraude in it . I'm don't know about the available illustration from the magazines so I can't answer the 2nd question.
Old 2012-09-16, 09:45   Link #572
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
There's 4 chapters in the book, three main chapters and 1 extra chapter with chibi waltraude in it . I'm don't know about the available illustration from the magazines so I can't answer the 2nd question.
Yep, pretty much a compilation of the chapters released in the magazines alright; gotta bet the illustrations are the same too. That one extra chapter with Chibi Waltraute, though, is new; but I think I've seen an illustration of it somewhere.

May I start a thread (or, Chaos2Frozen, if you want to hog the glory) with you posting summaries in it? Or maybe we'll have to wait until a certain translator gets his hands on it... if he does

Though, to be honest, it already has been summarized; only thing it had waiting for some first blood is translations

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-09-16, 09:49   Link #573
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I'm not going to do summary O_O. I'm not even done reading it . In fact, I think I will finish biblia first before reading this one. I don't mind chipping in answering question if I can though
Old 2012-09-16, 14:55   Link #574
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Yep, pretty much a compilation of the chapters released in the magazines alright; gotta bet the illustrations are the same too. That one extra chapter with Chibi Waltraute, though, is new; but I think I've seen an illustration of it somewhere.

May I start a thread (or, Chaos2Frozen, if you want to hog the glory) with you posting summaries in it? Or maybe we'll have to wait until a certain translator gets his hands on it... if he does

Though, to be honest, it already has been summarized; only thing it had waiting for some first blood is translations
No rush- Even if you create that thread the only thing there is to talk about without proper translation is the Dwarven swiss army knife with vibrating tentacle function... >.>
Old 2012-09-16, 18:27   Link #575
Kunagisa

Quote:
I'm not going to do summary O_O. I'm not even done reading it . In fact, I think I will finish biblia first before reading this one. I don't mind chipping in answering question if I can though
Yesssss, Vol 3 > Vol 1 > Vol 2. Vol 3 is just too awesome.
Old 2012-09-18, 07:45   Link #576
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

BEATLESS novel incoming

http://www.goodsmile.info/post/ja/35...%E5%86%85.html
Old 2012-09-18, 09:32   Link #577
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Beatless?! ... Beatless as in that series of illustrations by Redjuice (never knew what it was for)?!!!
Old 2012-09-18, 09:57   Link #578
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Yup.

http://beatless.jp/download.html

First few chapters are freely available there...or rather used to be.

BTW, anyone read 氷風のクルッカ―雪の妖精と白い死神 ?

Apparently it's supposed to be based on sniper Simo Häyhä
Old 2012-09-19, 01:11   Link #579
florza
一日之计在于晨

I haven't been keeping up with releases, are there any recent action/fantasy LNs that are a little dark, and heavy on the action?

I've been thinking what to translate after Campione.

Anyone heard of 創世の大工衆? (The Demiurge of Genesis)

Last edited by florza; 2012-09-19 at 03:44.
Old 2012-09-19, 02:29   Link #580
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
BTW, anyone read 氷風のクルッカ―雪の妖精と白い死神 ?

Apparently it's supposed to be based on sniper Simo Häyhä
Simo Hayha? Now that would be interesting. He's the one sniper that will make any scope-using snipers look like pansies if we do a reading about him in historical records.

EDIT: Genderbended Simo Hayha? Oookkaayy... this will be interesting at least...

EDIT 2: Sorry, I was mistaken. Apparently the white-haired girl seems to be his (yes, Hayha still a guy, thank goodness) subordinate.

At any rate, this is a discussion we should be using... to revive a seemingly dead thread over here.

Mayhaps said thread should be renamed into General Light Novel Discussion Thread? |;;°v°)

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Closed Thread

Tags
bunko, light novels, manga, new releases