AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-12-20, 07:42   Link #921
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Sona still has 3 Pawn Pieces remaining. Sairaorg has 1 Mutation Pawn Piece remaining.
I'm sorry I missed that T_T, I'm just wondering if the author will add additional servant to sona and sairog

I wonder how will gasper actually evolve/mutate his sg to longinus must wait patiently for it
Old 2013-12-20, 12:00   Link #922
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Wow another update already! Thanks a lot n0m!

Loli Grim Reaper who's also a Knight is an awesome combination. I'm looking forward to seeing what other types of magic Rugal can use.
Old 2013-12-20, 12:37   Link #923
teejmo

A description of Rugal - "He's basically a hacked hybrid wolfguy..." lol

Bennia's starting to become one of my favorites.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 06:52   Link #924
Chris38

Well, after seeing the description of how Koneko's power of purification works, looks like Ise also really needs to tame his perverted actions in the future.

Otherwise he might get a quite severe burn.

After all lecherous thoughts and actions can be considered as doing something evil, especially from a girls perspective

Well, Koneko probably wouldn't mind if she is the target of that thoughts / actions and the same can probably be said about the other main members of Ise's harem, but if it's a girl outside of that circle, then I think Ise needs to start being really careful with what he is doing.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 07:12   Link #925
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

I wonder whose power is stronger saji's curse or koneko's purification

After vol 16 is fully translated I need to update that tread

Issei and Koneko child will be purification type dragon

Hmm I wonder who will be stronger when sona team is completed vs rias team with master skill and tech, it will be a good rating game battle in the future
Old 2013-12-22, 10:54   Link #926
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Hmm I wonder who will be stronger when sona team is completed vs rias team with master skill and tech, it will be a good rating game battle in the future
Depends on what kind of rules, that particular game is going to have. If you mean a game, without any restrictions then I think that, with Ise's unknown Great Red / Ophis potential + Ddraig's and Albion's powers, Koneko's senjutsu and youjutsu based powers , Gasper's Balor powers and the rest of the Gremory team abilities, the Gremory team would be the winner.

Otherwise, if there would be some rules, that would restrict the Gremories team more powerful members, I think that Sona would be the winner, since she definitely can think of more effective tactics that will sway the game in her favor.

At least that's what I think.

Still, I definitely agree that it would be a pretty interesting game to see.
Old 2013-12-22, 11:13   Link #927
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Like Rias mentioned in the latest update, the Gremory team can't rely on pure power to win in the Rating Games when they're up against a master of techniques like Sona. Maybe in the future they will work on improving the technique side of their team?

When Xenovia masters Ex-Durandal there'll be a lot of opportunities for technique-style battling there. Kiba is already pretty good in techniques. If Ise could learn some magic that would help. Then again, it'd be interesting to see how Sona handles the Gremory group with no restrictions on the match. Obviously they'd lose, but it'd be interesting to see.

Koneko was so adorable when she told Ise she's become bigger and was talking about one day becoming his bride. Her powers of purification are going to need to be adjusted so she doesn't burn Ise next time
Old 2013-12-22, 11:43   Link #928
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
Like Rias mentioned in the latest update, the Gremory team can't rely on pure power to win in the Rating Games when they're up against a master of techniques like Sona. Maybe in the future they will work on improving the technique side of their team?

When Xenovia masters Ex-Durandal there'll be a lot of opportunities for technique-style battling there. Kiba is already pretty good in techniques.
Kiba may be good in techniques, but I think what he is lacking is something others have in excess... and that is power. There won't be a point in his techniques if he lacks the power to damage something. For me, it looks like Kiba is too focused on techniques. If you combine Xenovia's power with Kiba's technique, you will get a godlike swordsman. But this is just my opinion.

Anyway, can't wait to see the Yandere Gasper going on a rampage.
Old 2013-12-22, 11:52   Link #929
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
Kiba may be good in techniques, but I think what he is lacking is something others have in excess... and that is power. There won't be a point in his techniques if he lacks the power to damage something. For me, it looks like Kiba is too focused on techniques. If you combine Xenovia's power with Kiba's technique, you will get a godlike swordsman. But this is just my opinion.

Anyway, can't wait to see the Yandere Gasper going on a rampage.
Well Kiba has Gram if he needs to power through something. His future upgrades will probably have to do with un-cursing Gram so he can use it more often.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 13:41   Link #930
Tbolt

Well its not like Koneko's purification power needs to be modified or adjusted because it is an "abality" to be called upon.

Quote:
When she swingers her right hand to the side, what appears there is—a big wheel.

The wheel is covered by white flames.

[—Kasha. It’s one of the nekomata’s ability.]
So there is no problem with Ise getting purified, but due to its one hit kill like Rias's new kill move it probely will be banned in the rateing games.
And I like how Koneko's kimono is white while her sisters is Black.

Last edited by Tbolt; 2013-12-22 at 17:54. Reason: content
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 14:30   Link #931
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Ah, DxD's version of the Black & White Duet of R+V. Interesting.
Old 2013-12-22, 15:22   Link #932
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ise
Either way, Balance Breaker
love the way he just casually does this.
Old 2013-12-22, 22:32   Link #933
Chris38

Regarding Koneko's Shirone mode ... personally, I wonder what other abilities, due to her Nekomata origins, Koneko is going to have.

After all, she is one of the few members of the Gremory team, that doesn't have any Sacred Gear abilities, which ... is definitely an advantage in the fight against Rizevim.
Old 2013-12-22, 22:56   Link #934
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Where can I read the translated part? It doesn't appear on n@men's blog.
Old 2013-12-23, 00:04   Link #935
Ickarium

It's there, it's simply not linked to the page for LN16. It shows up in the hover menu on top however.
Old 2013-12-25, 22:29   Link #936
kikix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
After all, she is one of the few members of the Gremory team, that doesn't have any Sacred Gear abilities, which ... is definitely an advantage in the fight against Rizevim.
I wouldn't call it an advantage. Rather, she's not disadvantaged.
Rizevim apparently (going by the spoilers earlier) only negates sacred gears and abilities derived from them. A sacred gear possessor that would focus on battle style that does not use it wouldn't be affected. In fact, Asia's sacred gear becomes more powerful thanks to Rizevim being immune to it. She can not heal him even with her area of effect healing (which heals friends and foes alike), while her allies will get healed (if his negation just works for him, not as an aura of sort). In that respect characters like Asia, despite being sacred gear possesors, shouldn't be affected by Rizevims power negatively at all.

As for Gremory VS Sitri when they reach pinnacle of their power and technique...gremory would be at an extreme advantage in an open battle. Rias have her lineage that could counter any defense. Issei's longinus would still work, increasing his power immensely. Xenovia have a completely broken holy sword that can counteract any effect, if used well.

Let's be honest. The author surely doesn't plan to write that far. Gremory team getting plenty abilities that are superior to others proves it quite well.

PS: Koneko + Issei = Holy Draconic Devil Nekomata (with a chance of sacred gear)...That's one messed up lineage...
kikix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 23:42   Link #937
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikix View Post
I wouldn't call it an advantage. Rather, she's not disadvantaged.
Rizevim apparently (going by the spoilers earlier) only negates sacred gears and abilities derived from them. A sacred gear possessor that would focus on battle style that does not use it wouldn't be affected. In fact, Asia's sacred gear becomes more powerful thanks to Rizevim being immune to it. She can not heal him even with her area of effect healing (which heals friends and foes alike), while her allies will get healed (if his negation just works for him, not as an aura of sort). In that respect characters like Asia, despite being sacred gear possesors, shouldn't be affected by Rizevims power negatively at all.

As for Gremory VS Sitri when they reach pinnacle of their power and technique...gremory would be at an extreme advantage in an open battle. Rias have her lineage that could counter any defense. Issei's longinus would still work, increasing his power immensely. Xenovia have a completely broken holy sword that can counteract any effect, if used well.

Let's be honest. The author surely doesn't plan to write that far. Gremory team getting plenty abilities that are superior to others proves it quite well.

PS: Koneko + Issei = Holy Draconic Devil Nekomata (with a chance of sacred gear)...That's one messed up lineage...
agreed however you do know if they reach in there pinnacle to their power with restriction in rating game they will have hard battle on rating game vs sitri, because sona is a master strategist and technician she can use the power and weakness of gremory against them, so for me it will be interesting on there rematch rating game

True

Just wondering I wonder in the future volume, if vali may someday unlock on his lucifer heritage the sg negation if that happen, I wonder who can win vali unlock all devil heritage vs issei unlock all dragon power, super devil vs super dragon, two heavenly dragon current host

Lastly based on the spoiler vali got adopted by Odin, I wonder if vali receive something from Odin to help vali to defeat his grandfather

Last edited by kusabireika; 2013-12-26 at 00:28.
kusabireika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 08:54   Link #938
kikix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Just wondering I wonder in the future volume, if vali may someday unlock on his lucifer heritage the sg negation if that happen, I wonder who can win vali unlock all devil heritage vs issei unlock all dragon power, super devil vs super dragon, two heavenly dragon current host
Sacred gear negation is an ability unique to Rizevim, I believe. I doubt it have anything to do with the Lucifer lineage.
If it had and Vali would unlock it, it would actually weaken him. He would lose his Divine Dividing. Apparently Rizevim cannot control that power to be able to use a sacred gear stolen from someone himself, so it would be no different for Vali.

Also, going purely by the sacred gear abilities, their original ones, Vali have much better sacred gear. Issei can double his own power. But Vali can halve Issei's power (negating his boosted gear) AND get that strength for himself. It's another example of story over logic, since Issei should have no chance against Vali for that reason. Nor would anyone else that Vali would manage to touch.
Well, obviously I'm fine with such storytelling. It makes it interesting. Otherwise Issei would be able to defeat gods the moment he gained control over his ballance breaker. After all, even if we assume his strength is "one", ten boostings would mean a strength of 1024, while twenty doublings a strength of 1048576...Yeah, doubling is pretty broken of an ability if it can be used multiple times...Well, there are limits based on the users body. But the author still sometimes goes too wild with the "boosts"...
kikix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 09:18   Link #939
Ickarium

It really depends on how it works.

If one assumes that each ability uses the exact same amount of stamina and power, yes, Vali should win handily. But ... we don't know that.

It's very possible that using Dragon Dividing is more strenuous as a balancing factor. After all, Ddraig and Albion -were- equals pre-Sacred Gear-hood.
Old 2013-12-26, 10:50   Link #940
Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikix View Post
Also, going purely by the sacred gear abilities, their original ones, Vali have much better sacred gear. Issei can double his own power. But Vali can halve Issei's power (negating his boosted gear) AND get that strength for himself. It's another example of story over logic, since Issei should have no chance against Vali for that reason. Nor would anyone else that Vali would manage to touch.
Well, obviously I'm fine with such storytelling. It makes it interesting. Otherwise Issei would be able to defeat gods the moment he gained control over his ballance breaker. After all, even if we assume his strength is "one", ten boostings would mean a strength of 1024, while twenty doublings a strength of 1048576...Yeah, doubling is pretty broken of an ability if it can be used multiple times...Well, there are limits based on the users body. But the author still sometimes goes too wild with the "boosts"...
It depends of how you look at the abilities. Divine Dividing's balance breaker can only steal away from an enemy once he hits them, and then only once every ten seconds, not counting the version where he repeatedly divides an enemy attack or compresses something. Boosted Gear's balance breaker can send him to full power right from the start and even if it gets halved, it is instantly restored with just one boost, just like when Vali and Issei first fought. Divine Dividing also has the weakness of having to release the excess power that has been absorbed, meaning it also has limits based on the users body.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel, translation