AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-01-11, 20:21   Link #2981
Elf song

The concept for the birth of Tomogara is like what shiroi mahotsukai explains. Two Tomogara seperate their existence and fuse them into a newborn that is fully adult both mentally and physically. The question "are there any Tomogara that had been born/created on Earth?" is still unanswered in the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Oh, Btw i have a questionm, is already revealed who is the flame Haze that put a torch for the original Sakai Yuuji?(it's obvious that he dies before meeting Shana). My bet is that probably has something to do with Johan because of his plan of hiding the Reiji Maigo into said torch.
The real Sakai Yuji was eaten by Friagne (or his Rinne) before the start of the story. Friagne had been in Misaki city for a while so the event in vol 1 wasn't his first attempt to devour people. Reiji Maigo just got transferred into Yuji when Johann was fatally wounded by Sabrac and Pheles sealed him inside the Treasure Tool.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 20:23   Link #2982
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Volume X is a prequel volume that focuses on the Crimson Denizen-Flame Haze conflicts in the Middle Ages.
Volume 0 is a also prequel volume, but it focuses on where Shana has ended up after she parted ways with Wilhelmina in Hongkong (Shakugan no Shana Episode 15).
Volumes S and SII are sidestory volumes. Shana trying to cook for Wilhelmina in Shakugan no Shana S Episode 02 is part of the stories in S.

There are also lots of sidestories in the Shana universe, and one of them involves the "love affair" between Mare and Sabrac.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 20:28   Link #2983
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
There are also lots of sidestories in the Shana universe, and one of them involves the "love affair" between Mare and Sabrac.
I wonder if they are gonna add that in the anime before getting Sabrac killed by the true form of SotF, since he did say something concerning "love" or from what I read. Probably a dumb question

Quote:
The real Sakai Yuji was eaten by Friagne (or his Rinne) before the start of the story. Friagne had been in Misaki city for a while so the event in vol 1 wasn't his first attempt to devour people. Reiji Maigo just got transferred into Yuji when Johann was fatally wounded by Sabrac and Pheles sealed him inside the Treasure Tool.
May you please elaborate where this was explained?

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-01-11 at 20:39.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 20:42   Link #2984
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

That's just imposible, if the original Sakai were have been eaten by Friagne or his Rinne, they would have noticed the Reiji Maigo and took it out of the torche...
Old 2011-01-11, 20:58   Link #2985
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
That's just imposible, if the original Sakai were have been eaten by Friagne or his Rinne, they would have noticed the Reiji Maigo and took it out of the torche...
Fragine was probably way too busy with other things to notice when Reiji Maigo was placed inside Yuuji when he became a torch possibly? Also the Reiji Maigo was only discovered after the Tomogaras... *cough* investigated inside Yuuji to confirm that he was a Mystes so it can be hidden from their detection possibly, not even Shana knew about it till it was proven.

If your talking about noticing the Reiji Maigo being transferred while he was still be sucked out of his PoE, then it can just still remain inside him when he is a torch and if he was fueled out, the Reiji Maigo would eventually fuel him up when time passes and he can remain undetected.
Old 2011-01-12, 03:38   Link #2986
rikusa

my friend said that yuji will be back to shana's side (don't know though, but he said he had already read the novel. and don't ask me which part of it because i didn't even read one also he forget which part it is). is it true?
rikusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 05:16   Link #2987
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
May you please elaborate where this was explained?
I made hypothesis from memory of episode 1; that Yuji saw the activation of Fuzetsu from the beginning (Unrestricted formulae running through the ground) so it only means he had had Reiji Maigo before that event since it is Reiji Maigo that gives him ability to interfere the effect of Fuzetsu. And before Shana came to Misaki city, Friagne is shown staying here for a while (I assume this from the Movie) so it is highly possible...even surely that he is responsible for Yuji becoming Torch.
Also, atwiki confirmed about Yuji being eaten before that two Rinne caught him.

I think Treasure Tools don't have to be transferred to Torches once they got devoured immediately. It is possible they move themselves to someone already become Torch at that time not only when they just got devoured.

So Reiji Maigo may be transferred into Yuji after "the feast" that killed him ended, hours or days later.
Old 2011-01-12, 08:25   Link #2988
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
I made hypothesis from memory of episode 1; that Yuji saw the activation of Fuzetsu from the beginning (Unrestricted formulae running through the ground) so it only means he had had Reiji Maigo before that event since it is Reiji Maigo that gives him ability to interfere the effect of Fuzetsu. And before Shana came to Misaki city, Friagne is shown staying here for a while (I assume this from the Movie) so it is highly possible...even surely that he is responsible for Yuji becoming Torch.
Also, atwiki confirmed about Yuji being eaten before that two Rinne caught him.

I think Treasure Tools don't have to be transferred to Torches once they got devoured immediately. It is possible they move themselves to someone already become Torch at that time not only when they just got devoured.

So Reiji Maigo may be transferred into Yuji after "the feast" that killed him ended, hours or days later.
That's a good hypothesis here Elf Song, now that I remember it, there were mentions of Friagne having activities over the city for quite some time while he was slowly building up something with gathering PoEs. Getting eaten by two Rinne only helps it after seeing those two up close in the very first episode. I cannot really find a flaw in your hypothesis actually

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-01-12 at 08:50.
Old 2011-01-12, 08:51   Link #2989
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Mmm nice theory but I think that there is something missing in there, we don't know exactly when Sakai got eaten, because the Reiji Maigo increased his flame every day so it never got lower. But which makes me doubt is that when Yuuji finally gets in the fuzetsu, the entire city was covered with torchs, if you look at the Haridan of that moment you see that there isn't two blocks without a torch. It's kinda weird that Yuuji didn't got on any fuzetsu previously, maybe just coincidence..
I spect to see a secret reason behind how he dyed and got the treasure, who knows :P
Old 2011-01-12, 21:44   Link #2990
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
If memory serves me right, if a mystes such as Yuji was killed, it would transfer to another torch. So what if it is just coincidence that the previous owner of the reiji maigo was killed and Yuji just happened to be the next torch that the reiji maigo went to. That would explain why Pheles has to actually search for it. Otherwise why can't Pheles just get to the reiji maigo after healing from the battle with Sabrac? At least that's what I think.
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 22:37   Link #2991
Elf song

It is said that Yuji is the second owner of Reiji Maigo; there aren't any other Mystes (excluding Johann himself) before him. At the moment Johann was sealed and sent away by Pheles was almost the same time as when Yuji was turned into torch. So he become the next owner after Johann. Purely a coincidence it moves into Yuji's body instead of other torches all over the world.

The Taimei Shihen Sabrac cast into Reiji Maigo is the cause of the random transfer that even Pheles couldn't find it easily (explained in the novel). It takes her 5 months until her searching spell (the Kaze no Tenrin, which transfer itself from people to people by touching) detects and leads her to the subject.
Old 2011-01-12, 23:30   Link #2992
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

It's just me or this is this is a BIG coincidence? I mean, to be the Flame Haze of a God of Guze you must have a big capacity for existence, now Shana is a weird case and got contracted by Alastor, she met Sakai which in fact is another weird case that got contracted by SnH, another God of Guze and passed from a love relationship (even if they didn't reconoze it, they were in love) to a enemy relationship... I think that is too much coincidence for being just casualty..I don't know if you get my point.
Old 2011-01-13, 00:31   Link #2993
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

The theories about Yuji being consumed and how he ended up holding the Reiji Maigo are interesting but still didn't answer the question of who is the Flame Haze that creates Yuuji Saki's Torch in first place, as Shana showed to us on the first chapter, torches didn't appear automatically ...a flame Haze must be there to summon it(or probably Tomogarcan do as well?), so it's probably that another Flame Haze visited Misaki City before Shana ...or probably that Tomogara old man(i think his name is Lami or something similar) is the one who creates Yuuji's torch?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 03:37   Link #2994
Blutsauger

If they were in an enemy relationship, why is Yuji fighting to create a new world for Shana and if they are in an enemy relationship, why didn't Yuji kill Shana when he had the chance? I still believe that they love each other and are fighting for each other. Just using different measures. That's what I think.
Old 2011-01-13, 04:40   Link #2995
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
If they were in an enemy relationship, why is Yuji fighting to create a new world for Shana and if they are in an enemy relationship.
If i understands well Yuuji fights to destroy/re-create the world into one where he and Shana can live togheter, even if that means sacrificing everything of the old world whereas Shana is fighting to protect the world from being destroyed thus maintaining the balance wich is her mission and believe as a Flame Haze, also she doesen't want a live with Yuuji if that means letting Yuuji being assimilated by a wicked god.

Quote:
why didn't Yuji kill Shana when he had the chance? I still believe that they love each other and are fighting for each other. Just using different measures. That's what I think.
Actually that's a really good question, we're informed that Seirei no Hebi is the god of creation thus being able to create a new world by destroying the old, but i don't know if he's able to resurrect people(or in this case Flame Hazes) if that were true then Yuuji can avoid a lot of trouble by simply killing Shana and resurrecting her once the new world is completed xDU.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 06:37   Link #2996
Blutsauger

Wait, can people be resurrected by SoF? I thought it was only worlds that could be created...And also, does SoF/ SnH whatever you want to call him, control Yuji's body? If so, why didn't Yuji make a Jinki out of him instead of having him control his body? The writer makes Yuji seem VERY Idiotic.
Old 2011-01-13, 07:10   Link #2997
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Yuji is smarter than the average protagonist. He knows that the Snake of the Festival is still the enemy and is interested with the Reiji Maigo, so he uses this to influence Snakey's decisions.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 08:09   Link #2998
Elf song

Quote:
The theories about Yuji being consumed and how he ended up holding the Reiji Maigo are interesting but still didn't answer the question of who is the Flame Haze that creates Yuuji Saki's Torch in first place, as Shana showed to us on the first chapter, torches didn't appear automatically ...a flame Haze must be there to summon it(or probably Tomogarcan do as well?), so it's probably that another Flame Haze visited Misaki City before Shana ...or probably that Tomogara old man(i think his name is Lami or something similar) is the one who creates Yuuji's torch?
Not only Flame Haze who create torches. Tomogara also create them too to delay the unbalance/distortion that would occured from the disappearance of victims. If the unbalance got too big, Flame Haze would sense it and raid the area they are staying and leads to an inevitable fight. Tomogara who avoid necessary fight would create torches for this purpose. Friagne created many torch for his plan of using City Devourer (that needs a lot of torches to perform) and Yuji was one of the victim.

SoF isn't going to resurrect but copy our world, a new one that Tomogara should be able to materialize without using PoE in that place.

The function of SoF controlling Yuji's body and how he could use that God's power isn't the exactly the same as Flame Haze's. I know it somehow differs but didn't understand enough yet since my Japanese is still....yeah
Old 2011-01-13, 10:34   Link #2999
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
The function of SoF controlling Yuji's body and how he could use that God's power isn't the exactly the same as Flame Haze's. I know it somehow differs but didn't understand enough yet since my Japanese is still....yeah
They are bound together, it's not like how Flame Haze's control their God's powers by going into a specific state. The state that Yuji and Snake of the Festival are in is quite permanent as long as Snake of the Festival resides within Yuji. But Yuji is able to control his body at anytime but just leaves it to Snakey. Snake of the Festival tells Yuji of course what happens when he is not able to see what is going on, or it might be that Yuji is clearly able to see what's going on while Snakey is controlling his body. So as long as this is the case, Yuji can control his God's powers when he takes control. Or it might be that only when Snake of the Festival is controlling Yuji's body is when he is able to access his godly abilities. I merely got the first thought when Yuji and Snakey kept switching about at times.

Quote:
It is said that Yuji is the second owner of Reiji Maigo; there aren't any other Mystes (excluding Johann himself) before him. At the moment Johann was sealed and sent away by Pheles was almost the same time as when Yuji was turned into torch. So he become the next owner after Johann. Purely a coincidence it moves into Yuji's body instead of other torches all over the world.

The Taimei Shihen Sabrac cast into Reiji Maigo is the cause of the random transfer that even Pheles couldn't find it easily (explained in the novel). It takes her 5 months until her searching spell (the Kaze no Tenrin, which transfer itself from people to people by touching) detects and leads her to the subject.
I think that's right, due to Sabrac's interference in the transfer of the Reiji Maigo, not even Pheles was able to control on where it would be transported to next. So that's why she spent the next however long it took her to finally find Yuji and due to her love for Johann made her very, very desperate to want to get him back. But we all knew that, the thing that still sparkles me is the purpose of giving Koizumi an object that would risk her life in order to summon Pheles... There is nothing she could do against the God of Creation, so it might involve getting the Reiji Maigo out from Yuji in order to release Johann and Silver possibly?

Quote:
Actually that's a really good question, we're informed that Seirei no Hebi is the god of creation thus being able to create a new world by destroying the old, but i don't know if he's able to resurrect people(or in this case Flame Hazes) if that were true then Yuuji can avoid a lot of trouble by simply killing Shana and resurrecting her once the new world is completed xDU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Yuji is smarter than the average protagonist. He knows that the Snake of the Festival is still the enemy and is interested with the Reiji Maigo, so he uses this to influence Snakey's decisions.
That's right, Snake of the Festival's original objective was to kill Shana in order to take down Alastor or atleast stall him for quite awhile. But our good protagonist Yuji influenced his thoughts about killing Shana and trying to prevent that opinion or atleast persuade him to not go and kill Shana or Yuji will get uppity about it. So like Marcus H. said he influence Snake of the Festival's objective with his interest in the Reiji Maigo in order to get him to go along with it despite Snake not liking it.

Quote:
Wait, can people be resurrected by SoF? I thought it was only worlds that could be created...And also, does SoF/ SnH whatever you want to call him, control Yuji's body? If so, why didn't Yuji make a Jinki out of him instead of having him control his body? The writer makes Yuji seem VERY Idiotic.
I never even heard about being able to ressurect someone.. Snake of the Festival may be the God of Creation but that is only in the creation of worlds. If your thinking about killing Shana in the old world and making a new Shana (or resurrecting) her in the new world then I find that highly doubtful. Snake of the Festival does control Yuji's body but there are times when Yuji himself can just freely take over his body again but he is just leaving it to Snakey. Yuji can't make a Jinki of himself.... Where did that come from? Yuji loves Shana in the old world, so he wants to be with the Shana he knows when the new world is created. Or that's how I think about it.

Quote:
If i understands well Yuuji fights to destroy/re-create the world into one where he and Shana can live togheter, even if that means sacrificing everything of the old world whereas Shana is fighting to protect the world from being destroyed thus maintaining the balance wich is her mission and believe as a Flame Haze, also she doesen't want a live with Yuuji if that means letting Yuuji being assimilated by a wicked god.
True, it is the Flame Haze's to protect the balance between the two worlds that they all live in. A creation of a third world will set everything in a spiral and it might not even work out destroying everything in the process. That is why Alastor stopped Snake of the Festival back then when he tried to attempt his objective of trying to create a world once. There might be an unstable reaction in the creation of a third world and that might just as well blow everything up and end the entire thing. The destruction of the old world is another good example of destroying the balance that Flame Hazes and their Crimson Lords have been fighting for so long to protect since a creation of another world at the cost of an old world will be impossible to manage and destroy everything they worked for in the old world.

I'm currently reading up on Novel 21, but my Kanji reading skills are not quite that adept. I'm only used to Hiragana and Katakana writing, so reading a new style of writing that I'm not used to is making it very difficult.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-01-13 at 10:46.
Old 2011-01-13, 11:39   Link #3000
Senshigeia

Any news about next volume release date?
Senshigeia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen