Old 2010-10-01, 10:10   Link #161
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
btw, I'll just leave this here:
Spoiler for rofl:
Should I expect scenes like that in the series?

Yeesh, they might as well just make a hentai OVA for this like with Princess Lover.
Old 2010-10-01, 11:31   Link #162
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Like you are said is, Takeo Takahashi direct this the same line as Akisora. Both are romance/drama titles, the ecchi scenes are usual even it's not a main part of the story. The main part of the story is related-blood incest. The sex scenes are numerous, so, Takahashi is very close of "usual fanservice" in his many animes such as Love Love?.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 19:55   Link #163
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2010-10-01, 20:28   Link #164
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Like you are said is, Takeo Takahashi direct this the same line as Akisora. Both are romance/drama titles, the ecchi scenes are usual even it's not a main part of the story. The main part of the story is related-blood incest. The sex scenes are numerous, so, Takahashi is very close of "usual fanservice" in his many animes such as Love Love?.
As was said before, it's a bit too early to say even with the clips we've seen. Akisora's source material is much, much, much more "ecchi" than the original Yosuga no Sora game (which, yes, did have sex scenes, but those consisted of less than 5% of the overall story and could -- for the most part -- be omitted).

Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see how faithful to the game they will be. Time will tell.
Old 2010-10-02, 20:40   Link #165
type-R!

Just about day and a half for the premiere, can't wait anymore . I liked the game H scenes, not too explicit but still relevant to the story. I wouldn't mind if they make a scene like those in Aki Sora. Afterall, it is an adaptation of an Eroge.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 20:50   Link #166
Midonin
Last Engage

That false leap of logic really needs to be put to rest one of these days. "Adaptation of an eroge", if it's going to TV, does not mean "must necessarily have sex".
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 21:18   Link #167
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Hmm, I will be satisfied if it goes a long with the Sora route at least. However, if they wish to follow a somewhat more "edgy" story and stretch boundaries I would be quite happy. All theories and questions will be answered on the fourth. I must confess I can barely wait. I have been looking forward to this for a long time.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 21:34   Link #168
type-R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
That false leap of logic really needs to be put to rest one of these days. "Adaptation of an eroge", if it's going to TV, does not mean "must necessarily have sex".
It's an adaptation of an eroge. H scenes are what create the eroge category, so it wouldn't be bad to adapt those parts too.
Old 2010-10-02, 21:40   Link #169
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-R! View Post
H scenes are what create the eroge category.
And yet, when the game is ported to other consoles, those scenes can be excised without severely affecting things, which raises the question of "How important were they in the first place?"
Old 2010-10-02, 21:45   Link #170
type-R!

Quote:
And yet, when the game is ported to other consoles, those scenes can be excised without severely affecting things, which raises the question of "How important were they in the first place?"
H scenes can be there to be part of the story as well as to please the fans, it's that simple.
Old 2010-10-02, 22:32   Link #171
Mazryonh

Quote:
Or you can do what Leaf did with Tenshi no Inai 12-Gatsu and make the 18+ material what sets the story in motion , as well as what drives the characters through their development. I honestly think that more eroge should be like that; it'd be quite interesting to see what Leaf could do with an anime adaptation of that game.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 22:40   Link #172
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This argument is pointless. As someone who has played the game, let me put it this way: if this anime chooses to place a high emphasis on sexual content, they will not likely be faithful the story in this game. There is some story-critical sexual content in the game, but it would be quite possible to tell the entire story only hinting at this material. The vast majority of the sexual content from this game will necessarily be excised because, as with nearly all games in this genre, they are route-specific (i.e. it depends on the chosen heroine).

If we want to get into a philosophical debate over whether it's a good thing to include sex scenes in ero-game adaptations, that can happen in another thread. As far as this story is concerned, the main point is that if they include ero content, that does not mean they're being faithful to the source material. It's quite possible that the anime will have more emphasis on fanservice and erotic content than the original game did, even though it was an "ero-game" (because "eroge" is a label, and not a genre).

Anyway, the wider debate point can go elsewhere. Discussion in this thread should be about this specific story (and people who have not actually played the game are not in a position to argue whether the potential sexual content of this adaptation befits this game's story; it's a very specific argument, not a general one).
Old 2010-10-02, 23:09   Link #173
type-R!

Anybody tried to play the game OST on guitar? I'm kinda figuring out the 6th track(the music in the main menu screen), my favorite. There is a video on youtube of somebody playing the op and he did a good job. Might have to look them up on japanese forums.
Old 2010-10-03, 02:57   Link #174
Yuno
Balanced Diet

"Hizamakura de sugosu hokago" (Track 6) is easily one of my favourite tracks. I am not savy with a guitar, but I have tried it on the piano before. I'm looking for more melodies for my piano so I might work on this song again. I can already play "Yasashii Kaze ga Fuku ano Basho de" (Track 2) and Sabishii Yoru (Track 15). If I can get enough relaxing music I can play them for a special someone who is just wanting to sit read, draw, or something like that.
Old 2010-10-03, 17:48   Link #175
type-R!

I'm still not that good with guitar yet but track 6 is not that hard, it's just pure picking.
Just 15 hours and a half for the premiere . Ore Imo was awesome and so must be this one too.
Old 2010-10-03, 21:31   Link #176
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Yes it is not long now before we shall see how things will play out. I'm so nervous how the anime will turn out. I have been hoping that they present the content without making it too "Shocking" like: look at us we're showing wincest. Shocking can be nice and fun, but for this particular story I want them to keep focused on what I felt to be quite a beautiful telling of their connection. I will probably try track six on piano once I see how this week will turn out, so busy this week for some reason. Fingers crossed on the anime~
Old 2010-10-03, 22:03   Link #177
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yay, more wincest... two doses with this and ore imouto..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 11:04   Link #178
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Ore no Imouto 01 - Two Shows For the Airtime of One:
Old 2010-10-04, 11:17   Link #179
type-R!

Just watched the first episode. In overall it is what I was kinda expecting, the animation is ok as well as the background music. The train scene really brought back good memories . I liked the opening, the content of the song goes well with the video.
Old 2010-10-04, 12:46   Link #180
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not seen the episode yet but I stumbled upon a few screenshots. Is the ecchi level as insane as I think it is? It seems borderline hentai.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation