AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-09, 15:00   Link #12801
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Maybe it was just me... but the vote support at the polling place seemed a little bit bland ... I dunno why....
Old 2007-11-09, 15:21   Link #12802
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@neutralizer
Well, despite my 'new' comp being almost 5 years old, it can play anything up to .7kX.4k resolution h264 videos absolutely no problem at all. Once at 1kX.7k, at the odd times the video will skip or the subs would disappear, but 95% of the time it still plays perfectly. As i don't use the 3ghz p4 comp for anything else but torrenting and watching videos, (and maybe some HoMM5) it did its job.

Now my biggest problem is that my decade old comp isn't good for anything but browsing, which means I'll be out of touch from the fansub scene for about a month if I can't get the newer comp to work... (2 weeks browsing, 2 weeks for building or delivery of the new comp)

@xellos
Yeah, there was the cancel vote option, but it won't actually let you cancel the vote, lol. I don't know why its there in the first place. So note to self... double check before hitting the vote button lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-11-09, 15:22   Link #12803
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I was aware that the 'agressive tsun', as you put it, is popular in Korean dramas considering I have watched quite a few of them. And there, it's really evident, as it seems every other female heroine lead can be quiet... er, how should I put this... violent? Definitely towards very tsun that's for sure, and yes, aggressive seems to describe the girls to a tee.

I never expected for it to bleed towards the anime viewing population of Korea. But taking a quick glance at the contestants though, I can only count maybe a dozen characters (out of around 50) that can be considered as such a character type, so I don't really buy as to why that's the reason why Yuki did worse than Haruhi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
I was thinking about this and I don't really see it that often throughout the tournament. Are there any other examples of this? I think Haruhi is more of the exception. I mean if this were true would Shana have beaten Hinagiku since Shana is much more tsun than Hina?
Oooh, points for watching Korean Dramas~ Sometimes I get the impression that TV Dramas are to Korea what Anime is to Japan... but more mainstream. As in, Exported Entertainment and within its own borders has a pretty strong affect on the population/economy. Korean TV stations understand the way of the Internet and provide their own streaming service for users to watch eps (for a small fee of ~$0.50 per ep) they missed on TV - just about every household has elite bandwidth so the 'infrastructure' for such services is alread there.

Anyway... back on topic... Mmm yeah... you have a point that we don't have more Aggressive Tsun making it further... Still, I think it does hold power - Shana lost to Hinagiku in the finals by 2 votes. K Saimoe voting pool is not Korean-only - it would be very feasible for a tiny bit of outside influence to lean towards Hinagiku more to produce that result. It would only have taken one Hinagiku voter to change his vote to Shana for this match to have been a draw.

If we are to take it as an exception, then it can be taken as Haruhi having exceptionally refined Aggressive Tsun that appeals to this "popular taste" of Koreans. As in, it'd be the particular way she Aggressive Tsun's that appeals, just as how you can say some Tsunderes are better executed than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
It's sad with the loss of the SR series mojo. It makes me despair over the fact that there actually might not be a third season
There probably will be. Just that it will take maybe a year or two as we they'd want to be sure of what the ending was before proceeding - the manga is in its last arc, and said arc is being stretched to get out as much as possible that is left of all the 'shipping potential.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2007-11-09, 15:48   Link #12804
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
weeeeeeee...
i didn't fall asleep...
and here's the sig...

Spoiler for yuki = <3:
How do I say it... Yukintou?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Hmm... as much as I am an Eri fanboy, I'd gladly take Mai over her. Flames of SR has long since cooled off, and even my moe for her has dropped. Still, I'm sad over the loss of Tama-nee... T_T
Then you aren't one, you traitor! (). Me, being a more of a Yakumo fanboy, wanted Eri to advance over anyone in the group. As for mojos, School Rumble will at least always have a place in my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
It's the same as thinking "All Bacteria are bad for you". Go ask Suigintou, the Yakult Enthusiast who will tell you otherwise.
I think Moyashimon is a way better example.

I know Suigintou is linked to Yakult, but I don't remember how it happened. Can someone refresh my memory?

Never forget
Old 2007-11-09, 16:06   Link #12805
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Somewhere along the lines of "Yakult helps the Good Bacteria in your guts!" which ties with Suigintou's obsession with her... Intestine Region.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2007-11-09, 16:41   Link #12806
Mad Dog
Banned

Man looking on the support thread it looks as though Yuki will pulverize all her competition.

My only hope is that Imouto-chan can take 2nd. And damnit i STILL can't post my support pics.
Old 2007-11-09, 17:07   Link #12807
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by todkapuz View Post
Maybe it was just me... but the vote support at the polling place seemed a little bit bland ... I dunno why....
Yeah, there's really a lack of moe comments. Despite that, this thread definitely seems more lively with so much support material I'm saving a lot of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
If we are to take it as an exception, then it can be taken as Haruhi having exceptionally refined Aggressive Tsun that appeals to this "popular taste" of Koreans. As in, it'd be the particular way she Aggressive Tsun's that appeals, just as how you can say some Tsunderes are better executed than others.
I think it's more of that Haruhi is a unique and cool character that makes her popular to the Koreans or something... Must be something about her that appeals to the Koreans or that Haruhi just got easier matchups that allowed her to advance ahead of Yuki.

Quote:
There probably will be. Just that it will take maybe a year or two as we they'd want to be sure of what the ending was before proceeding - the manga is in its last arc, and said arc is being stretched to get out as much as possible that is left of all the 'shipping potential.
Hopefully. I really look forward to it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
Me, being a more of a Yakumo fanboy, wanted Eri to advance over anyone in the group. As for mojos, School Rumble will at least always have a place in my heart.
Haha I like Yakumo more than Eri too. Onigiri faction!!

But yeah, I did wish that Eri advanced though since she's just as cool as a character.
Old 2007-11-09, 17:24   Link #12808
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
You know, I would love to see a 2-way hacker war Lain - Internet God and Yuki - Dataloli.

Can Yuki supress her nessan Lain in hacking reality?
This.. is one match up I would love to see.. Though with the amount of reality hacking going on... we might not survive it! How would I vote? Well considering SE Lain was my first anime love and her 'typology' shaped the type of characters I tend to like thus indirectly shaping me to like Yuki... I'd vote Lain.

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2007-11-09, 17:39   Link #12809
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I am hijacking the signature size violation for Yuki
Old 2007-11-09, 17:59   Link #12810
Lunariska
I eat your Cookiez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
i smell bann
Old 2007-11-09, 18:03   Link #12811
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
i smell smoke...

Oh yeah, my vote for today went to Kazumi Yoshida.
Old 2007-11-09, 18:14   Link #12812
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

I tossed my vote for Mion.
I know she might not make it, but whatever for the chances.
Old 2007-11-09, 18:27   Link #12813
Lynx190
Keine is moo.

Voted for Shinku... not liking her chances after Gin's underwhelming victory; the dolls probably don't have the dedicated faction support they need in this "unofficial"/exhibition tournament.

Man, the support is so overwhelmingly Yuki, it's depressing... looks like Shinku vs Aruru vs C.C. for second. Would probably have voted for Aruru if she were in any other group... hate when that happens, and it's only the first round too (after I had to deal with Shinku vs Tsukasa in J.Saimoe quarterfinals)
Old 2007-11-09, 18:49   Link #12814
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

I think Shinku and Yuki will get through this one, seeing as how Koreans seem to love Haruhi and all the characters from that series and how RM is the FACTION!!!. Personally, I tossed my vote for Mion because I think Mion was really cute when she pretended to be Shion to give Keiichi a bento. However, I would say that things aren't looking too good for her. Oh well, I'll just be in zetsubou, nothing new
Old 2007-11-09, 18:49   Link #12815
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Am I the only one for CC?
*skim through 3 pages of yuki*
yeah I am.

one vote...
I knew I should of used my brother's computer too.
Old 2007-11-09, 18:59   Link #12816
Maloncanth
Mercury Lampe Orden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx190 View Post
Voted for Shinku... not liking her chances after Gin's underwhelming victory; the dolls probably don't have the dedicated faction support they need in this "unofficial"/exhibition tournament.
Just squeeze your eyes shut and say it's just complacency.

It is still possible that over another round and some more days that RM forces could rally. One thing is, if it's concerning the RM faction as a whole (as opposed to just Gin or Shinku) is that they are already guaranteed a 2nd round appearance due to Desu.
Old 2007-11-09, 19:01   Link #12817
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Suiseiseki is called "desu"... because why?
Old 2007-11-09, 19:02   Link #12818
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunariska View Post
i smell bann
i don't see why, the signature is within the rules What is this yakult joke with MOEgintou, I don't understand the reference. Is it some kind of meme?
Old 2007-11-09, 19:02   Link #12819
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maloncanth View Post
Just squeeze your eyes shut and say it's just complacency.

It is still possible that over another round and some more days that RM forces could rally. One thing is, if it's concerning the RM faction as a whole (as opposed to just Gin or Shinku) is that they are already guaranteed a 2nd round appearance due to Desu.
I am sure after this round, Gin fans would start to pop up like rabbits.
I think the Gin fans were just overestimating Gin's prowess for the first round (thus voting for other characters in order to push for the 2nd place), since she is such a popular moe tournament participant... and they were right. Just barely. I expect a bigger surge of votes for Gin in later rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Suiseiseki is called "desu"... because why?
We are just making fun of Suiseiseki's form of speech. She basically adds ~desu to all sentences...

Quote:
What is this yakult joke with MOEgintou, I don't understand the reference. Is it some kind of meme?
It is just that she made a reference toward the bacteria that is in yakult in one episode (I think). Anyone care to check if this is correct?
Old 2007-11-09, 19:06   Link #12820
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicido View Post
Am I the only one for CC?
*skim through 3 pages of yuki*
yeah I am.

one vote...
I knew I should of used my brother's computer too.
Don't worry, DragoonKain3 supports C.C. too.

Got to return to the Akagi marathon.

Never forget
Closed Thread