AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-21, 03:41   Link #1
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Newtypes vs Zero system?

This was probably posted before but was wondering which one would win? I guess a proper candidate for the Zero system would be Heero against...lets say any of the newtpes in the U.C. timeline(probably newtypes from X and Coordinators from Seed)?

This was always in my mine for a couple of years ago while looking at some of the Gundam models at a shop with a couple of friends.

I grew up with Gundam but never exactly knew what Newtype was exactly except for a extra sense to detect danger/faster reaction and the power to control Funnels.
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 05:31   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

newtype = precognition, psychic power to control funnels, telepathy, detection of enemy movements across entire battle field, summoning newtype ghosts to disable enemy weapons, pushing away asteroid...

obviously newtype ability has much more uses than zero system
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 06:16   Link #3
Kaka
罪人クロノ

I say newtype too
as dreamless has listed, it is obviously way better
Zero System = relying on machines..........
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 08:33   Link #4
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
But what was that OS created to allow the user to become even better then Newtypes... Was it EXAM?

The one installed in Blue Destiny
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 12:34   Link #5
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Well, isn't EXAM a newtype too? =)
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 13:29   Link #6
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I'm not sure how telepathy can help against a computer system..

I'd say it's a tie. They seem equally dangerous. If a newtype went against a pilot with zero system, I have a feeling that it'd either become a stalemate, or they end up destroying themselves.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 13:33   Link #7
dreamless

newtype goes against zero system, newtype summons some ghosts to disable zero system, newtype wins.
Old 2004-12-21, 13:40   Link #8
ryogax

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
newtype goes against zero system, newtype summons some ghosts to disable zero system, newtype wins.
Newtype wins..

Zero system from what i know only increase mental and physical response time.
with the addition of making the users go mentally berserk.
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 13:45   Link #9
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeah. Summoning a ghost. Hooray for overpowered UC Newtypes
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 16:31   Link #10
EpyonEmerald

Easily Answered

This is an easy question,

This is like asking, Can the Excalibur Beat an AK 47? Now, the thing that comes to mind, is yes and no. In different settings ect.

Its impossible to take an ultimate weapon from back in time, and put it up against an ultimate weapon today. And expect that each system will have as much glory as before.

But if settings were correct, Zero System would perdict every move of the newtype system. So if I had to bet, I would say that the Zero system would win, or run away- The odds are way better in any chance for the pilot of the Zero system.

Would you rather have a machine gun or the ability to see where the bullets will hit before they are fired?
EpyonEmerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 17:14   Link #11
dreamless

Err.. it sounds like you don't know what a newtype really is. Newtype is not a system, they are a group of evolved humans, and newtype can predict future, that's why newtypes have negative reaction time and can predict enemy's every move. A powerful newtype can do these things : precognition (predict every enemy move), awareness (some sort of psychic radar, can sense enemy movements across a huge batttle field without the aid of any equipment, and this can not be jammed or disrupted), machine communication (yup newtypes's telepathy works even on machines, enabling them to see into the inner structure and workings of any machine), newtype ghosts (they can help disable the enemy weapon, completely paralyzing the enemy), psychokinesis (can block any incoming attack with psychic barriers, and obviously can materialize the power of the will of all alive and dead people in the world to push away an asteroid)

precognition, awareness and machine communication are the basic powers of newtypes, while newtype ghosts and psychokinesis are rare powers that depend on circumstances (a critical situation? how many dead people care a lot for you? how strong are the will of people to help your cause? etc. etc.)

So zero system is basically just the computer implementation of the precognition part of newtype powers.
Old 2004-12-21, 18:48   Link #12
DwArD
mAnIaC

Its true Zero system will cause the user to go bersek, but that only applies for first time users. For Heero, it took him two tries for him to be able to use Zero system properly. Heero is one hell of a pilot, so I guess he'll most probably draw with a Newtype. I know Newtypes have powers and all, but they can't possibly use their powers infinitely and indefinitely. I've been thinking about this....didn't anyone of you ever think of Newtypes using Zero System? Just thought it will be very very interesting.......Btw, I remember Zero system not only aid in mental and physical response time, but also do something else. Zero system is a sort of super-computer that collects information from battles and sends them directly to the users. So in a sense, people using Zero system have first hand information about battles, in state of just replying on their radars and other senses.

Last edited by DwArD; 2004-12-21 at 18:58.
DwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 00:19   Link #13
EpyonEmerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Its true Zero system will cause the user to go bersek, but that only applies for first time users. For Heero, it took him two tries for him to be able to use Zero system properly. Heero is one hell of a pilot, so I guess he'll most probably draw with a Newtype. I know Newtypes have powers and all, but they can't possibly use their powers infinitely and indefinitely. I've been thinking about this....didn't anyone of you ever think of Newtypes using Zero System? Just thought it will be very very interesting.......Btw, I remember Zero system not only aid in mental and physical response time, but also do something else. Zero system is a sort of super-computer that collects information from battles and sends them directly to the users. So in a sense, people using Zero system have first hand information about battles, in state of just replying on their radars and other senses.
You obviously have no idea about the Zero system, you know as much about Zero as I do about newtype.

"but also do something else."

Deer? You think so? The Zero system places every possible out come into the pilots grasp. Thus decreasing Response time, and a number of other things which I don't feel I will list since you cant hold information.

"Its true Zero system will cause the user to go bersek, but that only applies for first time users. For Heero, it took him two tries for him to be able to use Zero system properly."

It may have taken him two times on screen, But don't be an idiot, there were battles inbetween the episodes and battles we just didn't see, Some of these battles were only covered in manga. Every piot goes berserk eh? No you are in-correct again, Episode 26, we clearly see a pilot being put through the Zero system and doing fine. Also Dorthy goes berserk the second time, not the first. Lets be honest, not enough pilots tested the Zero system to actually find out if they go crazy or not, less then six to be exact.
EpyonEmerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 01:41   Link #14
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
I personally think it would be a draw but Newtypes have an advantage because the Zero System and Newtypes are theoretically near same principle. Newtypes is just a biological form which manifest itself as a new evolution of human beings. The Zero System is from the same principle of move prediction and Mind Link. Only advantage i see with the newtypes is that they can control funnels (which really owns).

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 02:34   Link #15
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Neat, thanks for filling me in on the exact powers of what newtypes can do. Still no definate answer but I guess this is kinda a hard question to decide which one would do better.

Oh yea, one more thing...MAHQ.net was down so I couldn't check but what type of alloy was the Gundams in Wing made from? If they were made from the same as most of the U.C. Gundam units then why the heck were they almost indistructable??(Yes I know, its Gundam Wing, doesn't need much logic to understand why )
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 03:49   Link #16
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
well, newtypes can use precognition for indefinite amount of time, actually it's like our five senses. We can use our sight and hearing as much as we want. newtypes can use their psychic senses as much as they want. awareness and machine communication seem to require some focus, but still not that much of a stress. newtype ghosts and psychokinesis definitely put much strain to newtypes' mind, but it's not like they are needed that much, completely disabling the enemy means a sure win already.
Old 2004-12-22, 06:29   Link #17
DwArD
mAnIaC

Well, can't blame me for that. I only started watching Gundam W after half of it have been aired in Singapore. Furthermore, the guide book I have is in Chinese, and I won't say my translation skills that good. Newtypes still seems to be the best though....but I still think Zero system is cool. Newtypes seems a little too powerful for my liking.
Old 2004-12-22, 11:54   Link #18
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Location: No 1746 Ecchi Street, Postcode 1337, Kingdom Of Hentai.
Quote:
Well, can't blame me for that. I only started watching Gundam W after half of it have been aired in Singapore. Furthermore, the guide book I have is in Chinese, and I won't say my translation skills that good. Newtypes still seems to be the best though....but I still think Zero system is cool. Newtypes seems a little too powerful for my liking.

Lucky U... I Borrow from my friends full ep of Gundam Wing and later found out that its in chinese I dun understand them and overall all i can say that in gundam Wing series = Too Much Talking than Gundam's Battle Not only that It also have subtitles But in cantoneese.....
2Die4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 13:09   Link #19
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I'd be more interested in seeing a Newtype pilot a mobile suit with the Zero System.

It would be interesting to see what would happen with a Newtype piloting a system designed to emulate their standard traits (precognition, awareness, etc.).
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 02:54   Link #20
shiznet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn13
Neat, thanks for filling me in on the exact powers of what newtypes can do. Still no definate answer but I guess this is kinda a hard question to decide which one would do better.

Oh yea, one more thing...MAHQ.net was down so I couldn't check but what type of alloy was the Gundams in Wing made from? If they were made from the same as most of the U.C. Gundam units then why the heck were they almost indistructable??(Yes I know, its Gundam Wing, doesn't need much logic to understand why )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ans:
Gundanium (Alloy?)
super light, super powerful

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
as for the Newtype VS Zero Sysetm?

i was just curious are we taking like the best of both sides ala: Heero VS Amuro/Char? or something of the like...or just simply comparing Zero System VS powers of Newtype?

Because as mentioned above Newtypes have alot of powers, but only some pilots can pull them off (again Amuro?)... and Zero System was only really brought to full potential with Heero and Zechs...
shiznet is offline   Reply With Quote