AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2005-01-02, 11:56   Link #1
Franz

Is better be a living Cpu for the gundams?

Will be different if Stellar, Auel and Sting have gundams from EA like the last ones from the EA as Oruga , Shani and Croto

I mean you remember that Authrum and Kira have problem with in battle against the Rider, Forbidden and Calamity

Be a living Cpu for the gundam make stronger? or no

Or the EA needs steal or buy the technology for make their own unit?
Franz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 12:25   Link #2
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz
Will be different if Stellar, Auel and Sting have gundams from EA like the last ones from the EA as Oruga , Shani and Croto

I mean you remember that Authrum and Kira have problem with in battle against the Rider, Forbidden and Calamity

Be a living Cpu for the gundam make stronger? or no

Or the EA needs steal or buy the technology for make their own unit?
I think the EA just wanted to show ZAFT how it feels to have your gundams stolen after ZAFT did it first
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 13:39   Link #3
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
As well as deprive the enemy of their use and study them for themselves to see if they can learn anything useful for their own mobile suit designs, just like ZAFT did. With the four stolen Gundams they quickly found a solution to their problems using compact beam weapons as well as taking applicable mirage colloid and phase-shift technologies.

I wonder what the EA has up their sleeve when it comes to new high-powered MS design.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 14:02   Link #4
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Umhrm, look how the Windams turned out to be like =)
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 14:59   Link #5
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

The primary logic for stealing equipment from an enemy is that it gets you state of the art technology with 0 cost. The other advantage is that the other side is less likely to make more since the technology is no longer exclusive to them, they will sink more money into making something bigger and better. If you simply destroy the units, then the other side will find a new production site and make new ones. If you steal them, the other side is screwed because the enemy now has their technology as we have seen over and over again.

A living CPU doesn't necessarily make a suit stronger, per se. I think for some of the Earth Forces' weaponry a living CPU is required because an ordinary pilot can't keep up with the suit. Sting, Auel, and Stellar probably won't get new units unless their current ones are destroyed. Dearka and Yzak made it all the way through SEED without needing to get new units. Athrun could have kept either of his suits if he didn't blow them both up. Lowe and Gai kept their Astray units, although both have had their modifications done. I think they kept their suits out of necessity though. I highly doubt anyone was handing suits out to independent factions [Lacus Clyne notwithstanding].
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 17:14   Link #6
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I thought this "living cpu" was just a term used to show, that the pilot weren't considered as people but just as some sort of equipment.
You're right that it signifies the fact they consider these handful of humans to be more like equipment then people. However, to be more specific, a living CPU is an enhanced human. If you watched the first SEED series, they were the three EA Gundam pilots who were constantly needing drugs. In the new series, the group who stole the Gundams from ZAFT are enhanced humans.

What I mean by "enhanced" human is that they've been artificially made into coordinaters, for the most part. I'm sure someone like Schera could explain better because I know next to nothing about them since I always found them dull characters. Never really cared enough about them to look into things...all I know is they popped pills to be able to compete with coordinaters.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 18:08   Link #7
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

I don't think the drug they took was necessarily a pill, it seemed to be a liquid, but I suppose that besides the point. The living CPUs are essentially what Esper said, Naturals that have been augmented to coordinator-like ability. I wouldn't say that the process makes them "coordinators" though. If they were "coordinators", Azrael would have most likely had them killed. The Earth Alliance wasn't above using coordinators if it furthered their cause, but Blue Cosmos probably would not accept that path.

The difference is only semantic though as even Kira and Athrun couldn't tell the difference. During one of the fights Kira commented to Athrun that he didn't think that they were fighting against naturals. The three CPUs seen in SEED were at different stages of progress, what that really means is anyone's guess. If I had to take a stab at it I would say the stages denote level of aggression. According to episode 43 of SEED: Orga is Stage 2, Clotho is stage 3, and Shani is stage 4. This doesn't seem consistent with their behaviour in battle. All three are aggressive, but Clotho comes across as the most so, probably because he is the most vocal of the three with Orga in second place.

It's possible that at stage 4 aggression is leveled off in favor of making better tactical decisions, which would explain why Shani is quieter than Clotho. However, none of the CPUs in SEED could be considered tactically intelligent. The only conclusion I can get to is that their personalities dictate their actions and that the drugs have possitive correlation with an increase in aggression and reflexive ability/reaction time [or whatever you wish to call it].
Old 2005-01-04, 08:39   Link #8
EpyonEmerald

[QUOTE=Scherazade]I don't think the drug they took was necessarily a pill, it seemed to be a liquid, but I suppose that besides the point. The living CPUs are essentially what Esper said, Naturals that have been augmented to coordinator-like ability. I wouldn't say that the process makes them "coordinators" though. If they were "coordinators", Azrael would have most likely had them killed. The Earth Alliance wasn't above using coordinators if it furthered their cause, but Blue Cosmos probably would not accept that path.

The difference is only semantic though as even Kira and Athrun couldn't tell the difference. During one of the fights Kira commented to Athrun that he didn't think that they were fighting against naturals. The three CPUs seen in SEED were at different stages of progress, QUOTE]

I am glad we have the want to be gundam expert here, Why even have boards when you can e-mail him and get every answer about every episode because he knows everything about Gundam. Err Seriously-
EpyonEmerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 12:53   Link #9
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

[QUOTE=EpyonEmerald]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherazade
I don't think the drug they took was necessarily a pill, it seemed to be a liquid, but I suppose that besides the point. The living CPUs are essentially what Esper said, Naturals that have been augmented to coordinator-like ability. I wouldn't say that the process makes them "coordinators" though. If they were "coordinators", Azrael would have most likely had them killed. The Earth Alliance wasn't above using coordinators if it furthered their cause, but Blue Cosmos probably would not accept that path.

The difference is only semantic though as even Kira and Athrun couldn't tell the difference. During one of the fights Kira commented to Athrun that he didn't think that they were fighting against naturals. The three CPUs seen in SEED were at different stages of progress, QUOTE]

I am glad we have the want to be gundam expert here, Why even have boards when you can e-mail him and get every answer about every episode because he knows everything about Gundam. Err Seriously-
And that post did what to add the discussion? Since you obviously have a fly up your ass over me, why don't you take it up with me in a pm or something rather than try to win some kind of board popularity contest by shadowing me and posting nonsense. A message board is for exchanging opinion, I gave mine, deal with it.
Old 2005-01-04, 14:28   Link #10
Esper 28
Akira

EpyonEmerald...STFU. Seriously. Yank that forest out of your ass and stop trying to dry hump Scherazade because he doesn't sound like a dumbass when he posts and you do.

So far I've noticed that almost all of your posts are poorly articulated, don't make much coherent sense, and are overall just a step above dribble. It sounds like you're just upset because Schera knows how to read information, retain it, and then share said information with others.

Cut the crap and get over it.

And I'll openly apologize to everyone who has to sit there and read this post because it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of the thread. But EpyonEmerald is blatantly trolling and it's just ridiculous.

Hey Scher, could you picture this dope participating on a forum where Simmons posted? Hahah, what a joke. Whatever, I'll happily continue this in PMs but I'm not touching it in this thread, or any thread, again.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 14:54   Link #11
Kona
Banned

i hope EA cloned the original 3 druggies cause stellar,auel and sting are not good pilots.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 16:13   Link #12
Dark Crusader

Curious I thought Blue Cosmos hated only coordinators that it couldn't control. So they'd be fine with EA's Battle (or is it combat) coordinator program. Speaking of which I think Auel, Sting, Steller are artifical womb coordinator clones. The stop words and those regeneration (what keeps their cell structure intact) are means to control them.

This Blue Cosmos I think would have no problem with since I get the feeling that without those pod things Steller and the others would die. Possibly from cellular degradation.

I'm curious thou as to what would happen if a coordinator were to take the living CPU drugs. They should be able to stave off the side effects longer then an ordinary Natural.
Dark Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 17:44   Link #13
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Crusader
Curious I thought Blue Cosmos hated only coordinators that it couldn't control. So they'd be fine with EA's Battle (or is it combat) coordinator program.
Blue Cosmos is totally anti-coordinator. Even the coordinators in PLANT that have never done anything to anyone are targets to Blue Cosmos. The EA is a bit more tolerant of coordinators, but not much so. Listen to what they say about Kira in Phase 32 of SEED, they were almost glad Kira was "killed" so that there would be no coordinators touching their MS. Also, the combat coordinator and living CPU program don't seem to be the same thing.

Combat coordinators seem to be a project of the Earth Alliance whereas the living CPUs look to be the property of the Azrael Conglomerate. Remember that Blue Cosmos and the Earth Alliance are seperate entities. While some members share Blue Cosmos ideals, they are not necessairly card carrying members. Also, Azrael's psoition in the EA wasn't because he was the leader of Blue Cosmos, he actually had a position within the Alliance heirarchy as the Defense Industry Association Director [hence why he was called Director Azrael].

Quote:
Speaking of which I think Auel, Sting, Steller are artifical womb coordinator clones. The stop words and those regeneration (what keeps their cell structure intact) are means to control them.
My personal opinion is that they are not clones, however, I have no evidence to back up that claim. We'll know by the end of the series most likely.

Quote:
This Blue Cosmos I think would have no problem with since I get the feeling that without those pod things Steller and the others would die. Possibly from cellular degradation.
I don't think they'd die simply from not being in there. Perhaps not being allowed to return would drive them crazy to the point where they'd kill themselves or someone else would have to kill them, but I don't think that being in the pod is a life or death thing, more like a way to keep them somewhat stable. However, again, this is opinion. [it seems that if I don't disclaim my posts, someone will accuse me of being a "wannabe expert"]

Quote:
I'm curious thou as to what would happen if a coordinator were to take the living CPU drugs. They should be able to stave off the side effects longer then an ordinary Natural.
Again, I don't know for sure, but I don't necessarily think that the side effects would be held off longer. It could be possible that the opposite occurs.
Old 2005-01-04, 19:42   Link #14
Franz

3 druggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona
i hope EA cloned the original 3 druggies cause stellar,auel and sting are not good pilots.

I Think the same Orga, Shani and Crotho for me were better pilot than the actual ones, they brought more destruction as the names of their gundams, you can see the diference in battle even have the problem with the energy and the time of the drug (double Problem)

if in GS if Crotho didn`t has that problem with the drug and the energy maybe Izak and Dearka aren`t now in GSD

And i really like the combo Rider and Calamity they really look cool

Last edited by Franz; 2005-01-04 at 19:46. Reason: spell error
Franz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 19:56   Link #15
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Hate expresses itself in strange ways. Judging by his, err.. childhood trauma suffered at the hands of a Coordinator, I think Azrael would even be more happy to be able to exert personal control over mind-wiped Coordinators and feel "superior" to them without killing them outright.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 00:55   Link #16
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Hate expresses itself in strange ways. Judging by his, err.. childhood trauma suffered at the hands of a Coordinator, I think Azrael would even be more happy to be able to exert personal control over mind-wiped Coordinators and feel "superior" to them without killing them outright.
That's a really good point. However, I would think that if he were to do that, he would be living with the fear of what they might do to him should the mind control fail, there is more than one example of mental conditioning failing. If they're all dead, there's nothing to fear. Simply his reaction druing the EA's assualt of PLANT tells me that he'd rather they be dead than subjugated. Something about referring to the PLANTs as "ominous hourglasses". I suppose it's up to interpretation though. Orga, Shani, and Clotho are naturals though as far as I am aware; I haven't seen any sources stating that they are coordinators. Gundam Official will probably be updated with their profiles in a couple of weeks.