AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-18, 16:30   Link #7961
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I know exalted golden lotus gives a neck: does exalted with other factions gives other epic reward too? (Shadopan gives a mount iirc)

Some people are so bad and yet arrogant in raids that I can't help to be an ass to them.

Take my prot pally for example that hit 90 just 2 days ago. We just killed Elegon and I decided to start working on trash... the raid leader BoPed me because his brother is not there. Wtf? Good thing I am really quick with clicking those off (I used to have a /cancelaura macro bound to one of my attacks but no longer). I just straight told him in /rw (tanks get it) that I dont give a f*ck about his brother but I give a f*ck about how he would die to the falling platform after having failed it once already in a previous wipe.

Then comes Will of the Emperor. We wiped once because people were not killing adds. Some random shitty dps kept pointing out how I have no gems on my paladin, in which I just said I am too busy spamming my awesome button (opportunistic strike for dodging the whole combo) to gem up. I also pointed out how I took significantly less damage (and also did more damage) than the other paladin tank despite having worse gear.

I was a lot more patient with people in the first week or two, but now people are just so terrible that I can't help but to give them some shit. I will explain all important mechanics of the fight short and simple, maybe expect a wipe for people to understand what I am trying to get across... but I mean... how many times can you fall through the stupid Elegon floor?

As for poor dps... there is a large handful. It is to a point where I suspect people are just using autoclickers or bots.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 18:30   Link #7962
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Some reason I found this hilarious, quite possibly the longest HH fight ever. Had like 20 of those squash things at the end cause no one was killing them, and MW SCK just doesn't cut it, lol.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-18, 19:12   Link #7963
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Lol that's a lot of them. A lvl 90 Monk gratz Did you get anything nice from HH?
Old 2012-10-18, 21:35   Link #7964
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So why is the Undercity Wickerman inside the gates were you get PVP flagged while the Stormwind one is outside the gates were you won't be PVP flagged?
Old 2012-10-19, 05:48   Link #7965
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Because Blizzard prefer Horde. Proven since Day 1.
Old 2012-10-19, 06:04   Link #7966
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Because Blizzard prefer Horde. Proven since Day 1.
You're kidding right? All through Vanilla, Alliance had everything easy.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 06:35   Link #7967
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Sure...those awesome racials Horde had during vanilla totally weren't the reason Horde did better in raids back then. And War Stomp is still the most stupidly OP racial. Night Elf and Gnome racials were absolute garbage back then.
Old 2012-10-19, 06:58   Link #7968
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Lol that's a lot of them. A lvl 90 Monk gratz Did you get anything nice from HH?
Nah, just the helm. Totally useless to me.

Quote:
Sure...those awesome racials Horde had during vanilla totally weren't the reason Horde did better in raids back then. And War Stomp is still the most stupidly OP racial. Night Elf and Gnome racials were absolute garbage back then.
Remember the original undead racial, 30 seconds of immunity to fear, polymorph, and maybe something else... pretty much god mode for 30 seconds in pvp.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2012-10-19 at 07:27.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 07:41   Link #7969
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Remember the original undead racial, 30 seconds of immunity to fear, polymorph, and maybe something else... pretty much god mode for 30 seconds in pvp.
Will of the Forsaken...yeah, I remember now...
Old 2012-10-19, 07:54   Link #7970
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Nah, just the helm. Totally useless to me.

I still laugh when they try to lie and say they arent horde ftw.
Old 2012-10-19, 12:44   Link #7971
Xacual

Quote:
It's like you're completely forgetting how OP paladin blessings were compared to the terrible shaman totems not to mention fear ward.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-10-19, 16:03   Link #7972
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well if te rumors are true, Hellscream will get what is coming to him by the end of the expansion. Though I wonder how a Seige of Orgrimar will look considering how it is the central city for the Horde...at least in when it comes to the portals.
Old 2012-10-19, 18:47   Link #7973
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Dwarf priests with fear ward say hi. 'course, WOTF was the main reason horde liked rogues even more than alliance. It's terribly amusing how the balance was skewed both ways. Horde had the best PvP racials and classes, alliance the best PvE.

But Blizz preferring horde since day 1? Then please explain the barrens.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 18:58   Link #7974
Mr Hat and Clogs

There is no doubt the racials were screwed both ways, but the horde racials being PVP dominant are generally what most people remember since they were utterly frustrating. But Paladin buffs were just as much a curse as a boon, in a 40 man raid, the paladin would be casting said buffs, constantly and that's pretty much it. Original blessings lasted 5 minutes and were individual casts, none of the class based stuff. But Fear Ward was a luxury half the time since Dwarf Priests were rare as buggery, I forget the specifics of Fear Ward back then, but I do remember it lasted 30 seconds and only interrupted one fear ( ithink it had a 1-3 minute cooldown though.

Also, counter point to Paladin buffs, Windfury. Particularly the original version was godly awesome. How do you like your Windfury Procs on your Windfury Procs.
Old 2012-10-19, 21:03   Link #7975
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Those Orc and Troll racials for DPS were better in PvE than freaking Fear Ward. And there weren't that many Priests who were EVER willing to roll Dwarf FYI back in Vanilla. Nearly all of them were Human or Night Elf.

Oh, speaking of Priests...Undead ones with Devouring Plague...yeah...more DPS...
Old 2012-10-19, 21:20   Link #7976
Xacual

Quote:
Those Orc and Troll racials for DPS were better in PvE than freaking Fear Ward. And there weren't that many Priests who were EVER willing to roll Dwarf FYI back in Vanilla. Nearly all of them were Human or Night Elf.

Oh, speaking of Priests...Undead ones with Devouring Plague...yeah...more DPS...
Devouring Plague had like a 2 minute cooldown in Vanilla. Also a lot of priests rolled dwarf in vanilla once it was found how OP fear ward was. Original version was that it lasted three minutes and had a minute cooldown or so. All I know is that my alliance guilds in vanilla with two dwarf priests had nothing to worry about on any fear fights while my horde guilds there was always that possibility that Onyxia or Nef could be loose for a second or two because the tank was feared. Of course there were other fights where fear sucked too but using two shamans in the tank group just to stagger tremor totems to hopefully proc at the same time as a fear went off was stupid.

Quote:
Also, counter point to Paladin buffs, Windfury. Particularly the original version was godly awesome. How do you like your Windfury Procs on your Windfury Procs.
Windfury was great, except it wasn't. Yeah it gave you great dps but it also made you much, much more likely to die and it still didn't come close to the benefit that blessing of might and blessing of kings and blessing of salvation gave to a melee dps. Blessing of Salvation alone was so overpowered they had to give Horde a version of it except the version was watered down and tied to air totems.

I mean in pvp yeah Horde was great, no complaints really there but in PvE there was no question that Alliance had it almost all their way for most bosses.

Old 2012-10-19, 22:11   Link #7977
Mr Hat and Clogs

They will never take my Sentry Totem!

We talking PVP or PVE or both now? Cause its pretty common knowledge that the Alliance was better PvE and Horde better PvP racial wise (even if top raids on many servers were Horde). WF in PvP was brilliant... well when i was on the Shaman at any rate. When I was on my priest it was a completely different story, fk the horde!

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2012-10-19 at 23:03.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 22:31   Link #7978
Xacual

Quote:
They will never take my Sentry Totem!
Reminds me of the Sentry Totem trick where you could go up in the air.

Old 2012-10-19, 23:05   Link #7979
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Reminds me of the Sentry Totem trick where you could go up in the air.
haha, i loved doing that. Could do the same with.. Far Sight, as well I think.. well I remember looking from Orgimmar down to like the Thousand Needles.
Old 2012-10-20, 00:06   Link #7980
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, through vanilla I was in one of the top 2 ally guilds on Blackrock and they never had a Dwarf Priest. Most of the other top ones didn't either. You were lucky because on Blackrock and numerous other servers seeing a Dwarf Priest was exceptionally rare.

Anyways, back to current times - hit Anglers exalted last night. Golden Lotus and Klaxxi will be finished by maintenance night. Also had Shado-Pan reverred yesterday, getting me those all-important weapon enchants. I still need another week for August reverred - so painfully slow...

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows