AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-07-06, 07:56   Link #21
Requiem-x
The slacking one

That was an NTR doujin, down to the heroine going "why can't I refuse her/him?". So, mission accomplished, I guess. Certainly not the most complex of plots, but if we can have more makeout action like that, I see no reason to not come back to it. That said, though, it looks pretty cheap, and it felt so short compared to Tsurezure Children, the other short anime this season, so it probably won't the big breakout in yuri some hoped it would be.

Also, Hotaru could a more devilish looking pair of eyes.

@serenade beta
HOLY CRAP! Someone else watched and remembers W Wish!?

Maybe the cheapness reminds you of hentai anime?
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-06, 09:27   Link #22
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

New contender for comedy of the season?
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-06, 10:06   Link #23
DracoS

New contender for that show your parents walked in and went "WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING?!?!?!"
DracoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-24, 15:13   Link #24
Darthtabby

Uggh. That black haired girl seems like she's kind of forcing the other girl into things she isn't comfortable with. And her boyfriend is if anything even worse. I can understand being angry upon finding out that you're essentially window dressing for your girlfriend's lesbian relationship with her best friend, but blackmailing her for sex is not cool. What a creep.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-24, 16:46   Link #25
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Uggh. That black haired girl seems like she's kind of forcing the other girl into things she isn't comfortable with. And her boyfriend is if anything even worse. I can understand being angry upon finding out that you're essentially window dressing for your girlfriend's lesbian relationship with her best friend, but blackmailing her for sex is not cool. What a creep.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly- I think we can make it official that this anime and its cast are scummier than Scum's Wish.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-02, 20:37   Link #26
SvenCalBayan

I think Sven Cal Bayan... errr, I mean L-Elf... err, I mean Fujiwara is kinda of a great villain of sorts in that anime.

His greatest move yet, episode 5 :

Spoiler for Creepy moves:
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-02, 22:53   Link #27
ArrowSmith

It's a trap! Fujiwara is a playa.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-04, 00:16   Link #28
Sixth
Hu Tao

This yuri anime is genius. NTR would meant nothing if the main male lead is a bad guy or jerk so the main girl can embrace her yuriness but too bad it isn't the case as the main male is lead is genuine a nice person. It is kinda made your heart ache when you see he got used and fooled by everyone in this anime. Well played, the author. Indeed a master of writing NTR.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-10, 02:59   Link #29
SvenCalBayan

Episode 5 ended in a cliffhanger.
Spoiler for Sven Cal Bayan stars in NTR.:

Well, episode 6 turned out to be a big joke, since
Spoiler for L-Elf Karlstein rocks NTR.:
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 21:23   Link #30
Psyco Diver

Wow thats sad, this show had a better conclusion than most other romantic anime, I mean really they resolved the main couple and its sad thats completely unheard of in most animes. Otherwise it wasn't bad, not really good either but since its ending was better than most it brings up the series as a whole
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 22:50   Link #31
ArrowSmith

Didn't see the yuri ending, but glad.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-25, 01:03   Link #32
ScrewySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
Wow thats sad, this show had a better conclusion than most other romantic anime, I mean really they resolved the main couple and its sad thats completely unheard of in most animes. Otherwise it wasn't bad, not really good either but since its ending was better than most it brings up the series as a whole
It dropped off the radar here. look how few posts
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-25, 06:03   Link #33
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post
It dropped off the radar here. look how few posts
I can understand that it was a pretty trashy show to begin with, it unfortunately is one of the few romantic shows that actually resolved
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-25, 09:28   Link #34
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
I can understand that it was a pretty trashy show to begin with, it unfortunately is one of the few romantic shows that actually resolved
Well, that plus the production values are utterly cheap not help it being a freakin' short.
Old 2018-06-28, 06:04   Link #35
Liddo-kun
is this so?

One of the worst yuri anime I've ever seen..
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-24, 10:36   Link #36
Ghostfriendly

Took me five years to watch this, the show that was alleged to romanticise domestic abuse and lesbian sexual harassment; the nicest commentators have called the abused Hotaru's advances to Yuma a 'cycle of abuse'. This depressingly fails to appreciate the unjust social stigmata, and pressure to seek a heterosexual woman's happiness, that pushes gay teens into denial, dishonest relationships and self-hatred. The massive abuse of society pushed the vulnerable Hotaru into her self-hatred, abusive relationships, and her ill-advised expressions of love towards Yuma. Her dubiously-consensual advances, though wrong, inseparably result from her trauma and her love; they lack the threat of violence, fundamental selfishness and hatred of women in themselves that are inseparable from abuse of women by men. Yuma's inability to either consent to Hotaru's advances or outright refuse them, when she's really 'cheating' herself by going out with the idiot who can't tell that his best friend's an abuser, are a legitimate result of her supressed gayness. Not the disgusting 'women-want-to-be-raped' tropes at play in straight NTR.

I like a happy lesbian rom-com as much as the next person, and Netsuzou doesn't go as deeply into its themes as it should. It's overdramatised and shallow, but it is a genuine account of the pressures and emotional torments that gay teens are put through by a flawed society. The number of people who condemned this show, while failing to condemn series like Shield Hero and Goblin Slayer for the monstrous abuse of women by men that they do irredeemably romanticise is very depressing.

Regarding domestic abuse, the idea that Hotaru is 'letting' Fujiwara hit her is not a legitimisation, but an expression of the self-hatred that really does fuel abuse cases. It is sadly not unrealistic that a toerag like Fujiwara has friends and girls queuing up to be abused by him; girls already abused by societal expectations, even if they're straight. However, it really should have been noted that fear of violence from the abuser plays a much larger role in long-term domestic violence (fear of violence is also a likelier reason for women 'allowing' men to rape them than suppressed desire). However genuinely, admirably forthright Yuma was in standing up to Fujiwara, someone as sociopathic as he's shown to be would have the power to mess hers and Hotaru's lives up a great deal more than he does. One of this show's biggest flaws is that it isn't as dark as it could be.

Also, a lot of 'kissing interrupted' soap-opera silliness, average animation, and tasteless, poorly-drawn fanservice. Still, this was a seasonal anime, and one with a more genuine, sympathetic romance than many better plotted and more popular shows.

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2022-07-24 at 11:38.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bisexual heroine, cheating, lesbian protagonist, ntr, yuri