AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2011-08-10, 11:36   Link #661
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Seira was speaking on how self suggestion can "demand" harmful actions because the natural feeling of rejection from the target would allow him to escape the process; so it's anyone guess if telepathy has the same handicap or not.

I rather her command me to dance
Old 2011-08-10, 14:43   Link #662
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I was wondering if Accelerator can be considered immortal. What I mean is that he's unlikely to die because of his age...For example, if a cancer manage to get him, wouldn't he be able to just slow down the cancer by using his vector ability? Also, can he slow down his age progression by using his ability too?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 14:51   Link #663
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I was wondering if Accelerator can be considered immortal. What I mean is that he's unlikely to die because of his age...For example, if a cancer manage to get him, wouldn't he be able to just slow down the cancer by using his vector ability? Also, can he slow down his age progression by using his ability too?
Uh, no, Accelerator is still a mortal with a mortal body. Even with his ability which is now timed, cancer would get him. The point of SYSTEM I think is creating a body suitable for a God -- or something along those lines.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 14:53   Link #664
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Nah, I just thought that he could just slow down the cancer process so that it won't affect his body much just like a normal cancer would

Old 2011-08-10, 15:05   Link #665
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Nah, I just thought that he could just slow down the cancer process so that it won't affect his body much just like a normal cancer would
I'm not sure how he could do that tbh. He might be hax, but simply using vectors to cure cancer sounds ridiculous. However, if used with other things, it's possible.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 16:25   Link #666
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
The human body is supposed to be a balance of several things working in unison. Slowing some of them down is likely to do more harm than good.

I'm supposing that at best, he could create an effect similar to Unabara Mitsuki, where he goes into cryostasis by freezing (as in, stopping) his body functions "completely", but that should be pretty useless by itself on a fighting series.
Old 2011-08-10, 16:55   Link #667
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

How about assuming that he can manage to calculate every circulation and process in his body so that he can achieve 'that' kind of immortality? Do you think that it's theoretically possible?

I admit that I haven't read past novel 17, but looking at Accelerator, I think it's possible that he might be able to calculate all those things if he wanted to

Old 2011-08-11, 12:00   Link #668
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
I'm not sure how he could do that tbh. He might be hax, but simply using vectors to cure cancer sounds ridiculous. However, if used with other things, it's possible.
He can use vectors to the point that he can fuck with quantum mechanics and magic....altering the nature of cancer cells is nothing to him.

In case you didn't realize, everything is quanta at their fundamental levels. He can theoretically change the chemical composition of tumors or destroy them entirely if he wanted via breaking of chemical bonds or similar stuff.
Old 2011-08-11, 19:35   Link #669
judasmartel
*Author

^
Now that's what you call Game-Breaking. He's the biggest winner of the Superpower Lottery for a reason.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 02:06   Link #670
giorno

Fiamma disagrees with that statement
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 02:22   Link #671
judasmartel
*Author

Oh, okay. So I say Accel is the winner in the Science Side SPL, while Fiamma wins at the Magic Side SPL Category.
Old 2011-08-13, 00:27   Link #672
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Fiamma: ohhh cancer... target holy right to defeat cancer... really that remeber a 4koma of Ryogi cooking

Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 00:34   Link #673
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiki Ryougi
When in doubt, kill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiamma of the Right
When in doubt, use Holy Right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou Touma
When in doubt, do it anyway and say "Fukou da" when it fails.
By the way, perfect cooking there courtesy of Shiki Ryougi.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 11:43   Link #674
Miraluka
Banned

For Touma wouldn't it be "When in doubt, punch it."?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 16:15   Link #675
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
He can use vectors to the point that he can fuck with quantum mechanics and magic....altering the nature of cancer cells is nothing to him.

In case you didn't realize, everything is quanta at their fundamental levels. He can theoretically change the chemical composition of tumors or destroy them entirely if he wanted via breaking of chemical bonds or similar stuff.
Can he recognize cancer cells to begin with? if he doesn't destroy all of them it will only retard the development but not "stop" the cancer.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 17:17   Link #676
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Can he recognize cancer cells to begin with? if he doesn't destroy all of them it will only retard the development but not "stop" the cancer.
Cancer cells are your own mutated cells.
If he is capable of recognizing photons and reflecting parts of them, manipulating brain or stoping all sounds...
I am sure he is capable of quick DNA compare between his cells, anything between 90% and 99,9% should be a corrupt cell.
(I Don't really know about the exact % of a corrupt cell, but he can always search for "uncontrollable growth patterns")
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 17:53   Link #677
Zakoo

Hmm how do you expect him to compare DNA? He can control photon, sound and everything because they enter in contact with his skin and only if it touches him he can uses his vector control on it.

But DNA ... It's impossible to touch for a human being, even if he could, he needs to compare the number of pair of nitrogen base then the number of cells itself, what he did with LO's brain is nothing in front of that.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 19:37   Link #678
judasmartel
*Author

Is Bardway's ability the ToAru equivalent of Final Fantasy's Flare spell?
Old 2011-08-14, 22:22   Link #679
Miraluka
Banned

DNA =/= cell growth.

If he does know about brain cells, is that hard to know about the other cells? I don't think so.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 00:32   Link #680
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Someone who can manipulate a computer virus in someone else's brain? Or compute and process magic by calculation? Yes, I think he is rather well aware of his own cells. His calculation ability was likened to that of a particle accelerator. And yeah he should be able to identify mutated cells through their own motion. By that I mean the way its atomic components move and the like.

Tags
hard science