AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2007-05-26, 04:33   Link #381
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
What would that accomplish? I'll tell you. An ongoing frenzy of lame anime. Give them time. You'll be appreciate it when you do eventually watch it.
Maxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 12:28   Link #382
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

if we do get to watch it.. every anime has a shelf life

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 06:28   Link #383
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

I feel there will be at least 1 more series. Bear in mind the studios can't do squat when the books aren't even finished yet. if the book (scheduled around September this year) is released and we don't hear anything within a year from release date well that's a different story. and again there's been 2-3 years between every series anyway, so getting frustrated will be pointless.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 09:08   Link #384
Maljan

Send a message via MSN to Maljan Send a message via Yahoo to Maljan
You guys are right, it's just til now I haven't seen a better anime than FMP, they were good, but can't becompared!
Maljan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 00:45   Link #385
elbryan

Send a message via AIM to elbryan
This may be a tad off of the main topic a little....but does anyone have any idea about the Tessa OVA coming out dubbed?
elbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 00:55   Link #386
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbryan View Post
This may be a tad off of the main topic a little....but does anyone have any idea about the Tessa OVA coming out dubbed?
Isn't it going to be part of the Region-1 2nd Raid release? Or am I mistaken? I couldn't find my sources right now...
Old 2007-05-29, 01:01   Link #387
Skane
Anime Snark

It's been released already. DVD4 from the licensed TSR.

Cheers.
Old 2007-07-09, 05:12   Link #388
Meatrose
Antihero

Well, the Haruhi 2-announcement is old news by now, but don't you guys feel like it's at least moving in the right direction - "along with the plan"? ;-)
Old 2007-07-12, 00:13   Link #389
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

LOL... it certainly is one step closer... in our eyes as fans anyways...
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 18:25   Link #390
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
What are everyone's feelings on what a 4th season should cover novel/material wise? Should it just cover dancing very merry christmas, or go on to cover COMO as well? I think it should cover at least up to COMO, personally.
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 05:50   Link #391
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
I can see the next anime series being a 36 episode series covering DVMC to the end of the story arc personally.
krysinello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 06:21   Link #392
Meatrose
Antihero

Yeah well, DVMC wouldn't be enough to focus an entire series upon. It would surely have to include COMO aswell... at least - depending on the length of this would-be 4:th season. DVMC could, IMO, even be released as a three-part OVA or perhaps even as a movie. Just a little something to "throw us fans a bone" while waiting for the rest of the main plot storyline to be animated.
Old 2007-07-13, 11:40   Link #393
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysinello View Post
I can see the next anime series being a 36 episode series covering DVMC to the end of the story arc personally.

A 36-ep series covering the rest of the novels would be quite ambitious, considering how much of the story there is to animate so far, and that the last novel hasn't been released yet. IMO something of that nature wouldn't come about until late 2008-2009, assuming that KyoAni hasn't been working in the shadows (which is a definite possibility IMHO). However by that time, I think commercial interest in a new FMP! anime would have dwindled, and that KyoAni would more likely produce a 12-13 ep series covering DVMC and COMO, or possibly something 18-20 eps in length covering BOMF as well, and then ending on a cliffhanger, saving TMMD and the last novel for another 12-15 episode run a year or two later.

Of course, all of this is guesswork, and I haven't even mentioned that KyoAni looks fully booked at the moment, with Lucky Star still running and Clannad and Haruhi 2 yet to broadcast.
Old 2007-07-13, 13:41   Link #394
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

hell dvmc could be an ova but no one wants just an ova. they should for now just animate 3 novels then wait a bit and animate the last1 or 2. If they did it all in one swoop they might need a longer time to get ready and animate the first few eps.

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 04:01   Link #395
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcruz1014 View Post
A 36-ep series covering the rest of the novels would be quite ambitious, considering how much of the story there is to animate so far, and that the last novel hasn't been released yet. IMO something of that nature wouldn't come about until late 2008-2009, assuming that KyoAni hasn't been working in the shadows (which is a definite possibility IMHO). However by that time, I think commercial interest in a new FMP! anime would have dwindled, and that KyoAni would more likely produce a 12-13 ep series covering DVMC and COMO, or possibly something 18-20 eps in length covering BOMF as well, and then ending on a cliffhanger, saving TMMD and the last novel for another 12-15 episode run a year or two later.

Of course, all of this is guesswork, and I haven't even mentioned that KyoAni looks fully booked at the moment, with Lucky Star still running and Clannad and Haruhi 2 yet to broadcast.
I don't think that they would animate a series with an absolute cliff hanger as the ending, not for an anime anyways, I think its more likely for them to bring closure. Also 36 episodes for 5 books is perfectly acceptable, the first season was made from 3 books, and roughly 5 of the episodes didn't come from those books so 19 episodes from 3 books in the first season means that 36 in 5 books is easily capable.
Old 2007-07-14, 06:16   Link #396
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

I think there will be another 3 series personally although I have not read the novels. It would seem likely another series to develop the questions and characters TSR brought about. I expect there will be a Fumoffu 2 just because of the popularity of the first and then finally a series to conclude the whole thing with OVA's placed about between them. Honestly I would be shocked if there isn't another series just because how incomplete the story feels after TSR and its not right leaving a story feeling unfinished. Also I think theres still a good market out there for FMP.
Sun Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 11:20   Link #397
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysinello View Post
I don't think that they would animate a series with an absolute cliff hanger as the ending, not for an anime anyways, I think its more likely for them to bring closure. Also 36 episodes for 5 books is perfectly acceptable, the first season was made from 3 books, and roughly 5 of the episodes didn't come from those books so 19 episodes from 3 books in the first season means that 36 in 5 books is easily capable.
Although I disagree with you as far as a new series bringing closure, for our sake as fans, I hope you're right haha.... Id personally love to see a longer fmp! series ending the whole thing.
Old 2007-07-14, 22:59   Link #398
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

They could cliff hanger it but personally I hope they don't. Also, most ways I see it, cliff hanging would be a bad idea, in terms of expressing the story anyways, although it can work, I can see it working best(for us) if they did say a 36 ep season to end it. For them though, multiple series could mean more money so who knows?
Old 2007-07-15, 10:14   Link #399
Meatrose
Antihero

Lets not forget that there're other studios out there. Sure... given the history and relationship between Gatoh/FMP and KyoAni the most probable outcome would be a KyoAni-production, but Production I.G are more than welcome to continue where they left off imo. After watching GitS:SAC it's more or less impossible to deny the fact that they're quite capable of producing high quality action (even more so than KyoAni imo). I don't see that happening though and my #1-choice is still KyoAni so that's what I'm hoping for... even though they're "overbooked" as it is today.

Btw... am I the only one expecting a Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu 2-teaser at the end of the last Lucky Star-episode? =)
Old 2007-07-19, 15:04   Link #400
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
well supposedly there is going to be an OAV about some christmas spoof that doesnt add to the series except in the romantic sense, which is good.(i believe is was incorporated in the novels tho)

then i have read that a season 4 (full metal panic 3) is being worked on as we speak. as for spoilers i have heard many, not sure if all true but most are from the novels themself and will be discussed with this new battle with Mr. Silver. if you want a few ask LOL some are pretty heavy
Sobresaliente is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
there is a god!