AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-22, 18:46   Link #2021
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Namekians are not asexual. They are hermaphrodites.
They don't require other Namekians to reproduce. That's called asexual reproduction, not a hermaphrodite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I thought Trunks and Goten reached Super Saiyan so easily because of them being hybrids.
Maybe, but it's not like Gohan had an easy time becoming Super Saiyan. I'm more inclined to believe it's because their fathers were already Super Saiyan by the time they were conceived (and in Goten's case, likely conceived while his father was Super Saiyan). And for Trunks, he was also being trained by the super powerful (by then) Vegeta.

Quote:
1/4th Sayans/Humans become SSJ without breaking a sweat. You can imagine their kids being born blond right away (when their hair starts to grow that is).
Only 1/4th Saiyan we see is Pan, and she sure as hell never went Super Saiyan.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 19:50   Link #2022
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Only 1/4th Saiyan we see is Pan, and she sure as hell never went Super Saiyan.
Silly me, I meant half SSJ/humans.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 20:21   Link #2023
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
1/4th Sayans/Humans become SSJ without breaking a sweat. You can imagine their kids being born blond right away (when their hair starts to grow that is).
Do you think Toriyama was referencing (or even knows of) hybrid vigor? Probably not, but if he did, the effect gets weaker with each progressive generation.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 01:32   Link #2024
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, first of all Namekians are asexual beings. You can't breed a standard sapien-esque species with them.

As for the others, no one knew that Saiyan/Human was strong until Gohan came along, and there's still no telling what exactly makes him so special since the other Saiyan/Human hybrids don't seem to have the same hidden potential that he did.
Asexual doesn't mean much to them. Just wish for the required "equipment" from the dragonballs.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 03:36   Link #2025
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Do you think Toriyama was referencing (or even knows of) hybrid vigor? Probably not, but if he did, the effect gets weaker with each progressive generation.
I the only practical hybrid I know of are the mules, and they are all sterile males.
Old 2010-05-23, 12:47   Link #2026
Casshern

I don't know, but I get the feeling that IRL biology, physics etc don't really apply in DBZ. Piccolo should just gather the dragonballs and wish for a pair of dragon's balls, as well as a dragon's dick.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 15:07   Link #2027
ChronoReverse

In any case, Future Trunks had a much harder time turning super saiyan while Present Trunks turned super as a kid.

The only real difference is that Future Trunks was conceived by a non-super Vegeta while Present Trunks was conceived when Vegeta had achieved super saiyan.

It's only correlation but it can be used as a convenient explanation.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 15:55   Link #2028
roriconfan
Banned

Yes and it appears this convenience only works for males, as Pan and Bra never achieved SSJ. Looks like the "girls are useless" rule of shounen physics applies fine.
Old 2010-05-23, 16:47   Link #2029
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Yes and it appears this convenience only works for males, as Pan and Bra never achieved SSJ.
But that's GT you're talking about, isn't? I think that by the end of the manga Pan is just a baby and we don't really know whether she can go SSJ or not...
Old 2010-05-23, 21:41   Link #2030
Project_MkUltra

Don't know if this was already posted.

We're already in episode 58 and still in the beginning of the android saga. The series still has to cover the Imperfect/perfect cell sagas.

Do people seriously think that the World tournament, Babidi, Buu, Fusion, and Kid buu sagas will be covered if they plan on making a total of 100 episodes? That means they have to cover ALL those sagas in less then 20 episodes.

So I assume they will be ending the series when gohan
Spoiler:

Last edited by Project_MkUltra; 2010-05-24 at 13:59.
Project_MkUltra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 22:04   Link #2031
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ This has been addressed numerous times already. There was never any confirmation from Toei that Kai would cover the entire Z story in 100 episodes. That being said, given the current number of episodes in Kai and how much material there is left to cover, Kai will most likely be longer than 100 episodes.
Old 2010-05-24, 04:23   Link #2032
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Poor Yamcha. I'm feeling sorry for you already just by seeing the preview for next weeks episode.

& i forgot how hot Bulma looks after the three year time skip.
Old 2010-05-24, 12:16   Link #2033
ChainLegacy
廉頗

"Poor Vegeta-chan" LOL! Bulma's parents are the funniest characters in Dragonball. I wish they showed more of their antics.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 12:52   Link #2034
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
As always impressed at the speed we're getting while going through the material. Can get right into the fight against the Androids next episode. Though I'm sure some were hoping for the learning to drive filler to slip in there . But really glad they are quickly getting back to the action.

Favourite part is still Chichi getting knocked through the wall out of the house. She's always just really annoyed me while watching the original and Kai.
Old 2010-05-24, 13:22   Link #2035
Neosovereign

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
As always impressed at the speed we're getting while going through the material. Can get right into the fight against the Androids next episode. Though I'm sure some were hoping for the learning to drive filler to slip in there . But really glad they are quickly getting back to the action.

Favourite part is still Chichi getting knocked through the wall out of the house. She's always just really annoyed me while watching the original and Kai.
It is sad, she was so cute at the beginning of the show, then, once she has Gohan, she turns into crazy lady. I will give her props for putting up with Goku, who is gone for what seems like years at a time doing random training or getting killed and whatnot.
Neosovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 14:07   Link #2036
Project_MkUltra

English dubbed release airing tonight.

There is still one thing that's been bothering me. How are the new viewers going to understand what's going on? Don't they have to watch the original Dragonball first?

Nicktoons should have aired the original Dragonball months ago. (I'm not talking about DBZ. I'm talking about DB).
Project_MkUltra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 14:54   Link #2037
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neosovereign View Post
It is sad, she was so cute at the beginning of the show, then, once she has Gohan, she turns into crazy lady.
Indeed. Dragonball Chichi was very sweet and cute. But then she gives birth and just BAM crazy change. At least Bulma stayed consistent and had a believable development throughout the series.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 15:59   Link #2038
GDB

To be fair, Chi-Chi was always insane. She took a marriage proposal seriously from someone she had only met like twice, and actually became engaged on their third or fourth meeting. Keeping in mind that said meeting was like 3-4 years later... yeah, she was coo-coo the whole time.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 16:53   Link #2039
roriconfan
Banned

Tell all the story. She married Goku because

1) He did a pat-pat on her, which means she can't marry anyone else thereafter.
2) Her father practically sold her to him, because he was the adopted son of his fellow martial artist Gohan (the grampa).
3) Goku was stronger than her and kicked her ass in the tournament
4) Goku agreed because he thought marriage was food. I can just imagine him trying to eat her on their first night.

Yup, nuts all of them. Not just Chichi.
Old 2010-05-25, 01:46   Link #2040
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neosovereign View Post
It is sad, she was so cute at the beginning of the show, then, once she has Gohan, she turns into crazy lady. I will give her props for putting up with Goku, who is gone for what seems like years at a time doing random training or getting killed and whatnot.
No doubt she does have a lot to deal with concerning Goku. Though she definitely just snapped after having Gohan. I mean caring about your child's future is a reasonable thing. But she buries the kid in school work, tries to cut him away from martial arts (which is amazing considering her past in it), and could care less if the planet is destroyed. Someone should pass along the message that the afterlife doesn't care about your educational credentials. She really just turned into a character I never wanted to see much of.