AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-07, 20:18   Link #941
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Do you recommend Absolute Duo?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 22:26   Link #942
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ahhh so there was an original series- I thought it was a oneshot
I thought you would have known about Piano Sonata already, since it was translated by CE Translations. Piano Sonata was written by Sugii Hikaru, the guy who wrote KamiMemo, and a bunch of other stuff concurrently. He's also a pretty fast writer (actually Kamachi is not the ONLY fast writer, but people seem to think so ), having once released 6 volumes of LN in 6 successive months. Sugii probably has written for every major LN label except for Fujimi (Dengeki, MF, Kodansha, GA, Gagaga, etc.) Like Kagami Takaya, he also has dual contracts running concurrently right now, Dengeki & Ichijinsha (for Kagami, it's Fujimi & Koudansha).
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 22:43   Link #943
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I thought you would have known about Piano Sonata already, since it was translated by CE Translations. Piano Sonata was written by Sugii Hikaru, the guy who wrote KamiMemo, and a bunch of other stuff concurrently. He's also a pretty fast writer (actually Kamachi is not the ONLY fast writer, but people seem to think so ), having once released 6 volumes of LN in 6 successive months. Sugii probably has written for every major LN label except for Fujimi (Dengeki, MF, Kodansha, GA, Gagaga, etc.) Like Kagami Takaya, he also has dual contracts running concurrently right now, Dengeki & Ichijinsha (for Kagami, it's Fujimi & Koudansha).
Ah sorry I don't go poking around LNs or pretty much any Anime/manga/show/story without people twisting my arm first so I have never heard of it before.

B-But Kamachi has memes !
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 23:49   Link #944
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Sugii-sensei has tendency to leave his series hanging though(looking at Kami Memo). Anyway, Sayonara Piano Sonata(the original series that is) is pretty good, although my inability to catch the musical term make me enjoy it less than Kami Memo.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 00:21   Link #945
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Has anyone seen/checked out 終焉世界の天災姫, published by Kadokawa Sneaker bunko? Coming from a relatively new author, it's supposedly better than インヴィジョン・ワールド (which is another series published by Kadokawa Sneaker and released at the same time), despite 終焉世界の天災姫 coming off as average.

The cover art and illustrations are also ridiculously adorable, if nothing else.

Still on the lookout for 聖剣の姫と神盟騎士団's v3...
Old 2013-08-08, 00:42   Link #946
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Sugii-sensei has tendency to leave his series hanging though(looking at Kami Memo). Anyway, Sayonara Piano Sonata(the original series that is) is pretty good, although my inability to catch the musical term make me enjoy it less than Kami Memo.
Actually, I haven't read Kami Memo except for volume 1 (too much stuff to read ), but yeah, Sonata is pretty nice.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 02:20   Link #947
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Since Chaos has been posting them, I'll add my collection here too:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

BT's most probably going to crash this month, with SAO 13, Mahouka 11, HataMaou 9, Haganai 9, Campione 15 and Oregairu 7.5 coming up this month. It will be best, if you are contributing, to make a backup of the translations you made.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 02:48   Link #948
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
uhm is there any ln good to read i hope its ok to ask anything is fine as long it's interesting or that piques the interesent of the reader i hope its ok to ask T_T
Old 2013-08-08, 09:24   Link #949
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
uhm is there any ln good to read i hope its ok to ask anything is fine as long it's interesting or that piques the interesent of the reader i hope its ok to ask T_T
Hard to recommend if I don't know your preferred genres, and you also have to give me what language you can read the story in.
Old 2013-08-08, 09:32   Link #950
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Hard to recommend if I don't know your preferred genres, and you also have to give me what language you can read the story in.
Mostly anything I read hs dxd, campione, baka test, gekou, and anything

Genre sometime psychological horror, action, slice of life, love story, family and any that piques my interest

About language mostly English though I can read a little bit Japanese that's all 0_0 am I weird
Old 2013-08-08, 09:37   Link #951
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Mostly anything I read hs dxd, campione, baka test, gekou, and anything

Genre sometime psychological horror, action, slice of life, love story, family and any that piques my interest

About language mostly English though I can read a little bit Japanese that's all 0_0 am I weird
Hm...have you read anything by NanoDesu's translation team? I do recommend Gekka no Utahime to Magi no Ou translated by Florza.
Old 2013-08-08, 09:51   Link #952
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Hm...have you read anything by NanoDesu's translation team? I do recommend Gekka no Utahime to Magi no Ou translated by Florza.
No not yet coz I always read from baka tsuki maybe I try read them are they good if yes gonna start reading right away thx
Old 2013-08-08, 14:36   Link #953
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Since Chaos has been posting them, I'll add my collection here too:

Images

Images
I know I shouldn't judge a book solely on the illustrations, but those two look so much more interesting than the books with a moe girl on a plain white background.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 00:31   Link #954
Zefyris
図書館狼

Well the first of the two doesn't simply looks very interesting, it is. :3

I never heard of the second one though.

Interesting collection. I have several of those titles as well (horizon, rokka no yuusha, gosick) and am interested in several of the others already, but I'm far from having that much (I think I have around 130 volumes right now).

What would be your favorite among those?
Old 2013-08-09, 00:54   Link #955
apr
Pedestrian

I have 250. I will never read them all.

Edit: 117 read, I think. Ugh.
Old 2013-08-09, 01:03   Link #956
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

A bloody proper bookshelf! Cripes, if only my place didn't suck in dust like a black hole, I'd love to have one like that.

117/250! At least you're still reading them, I guess...?
Old 2013-08-09, 01:16   Link #957
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Well the first of the two doesn't simply looks very interesting, it is. :3

I never heard of the second one though.

Interesting collection. I have several of those titles as well (horizon, rokka no yuusha, gosick) and am interested in several of the others already, but I'm far from having that much (I think I have around 130 volumes right now).

What would be your favorite among those?

Magdala de Nemure. This is only one set of collection, so for this, I would say Rokka no Yuusha.

The second is actually a novel, not an LN. Decent love story, I must say.

Also, try getting とある飛空士への恋歌

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
A bloody proper bookshelf! Cripes, if only my place didn't suck in dust like a black hole, I'd love to have one like that.

Speaking of which, I am thinking of building my own bookshelf. The marvel about books is that you can decide when you want to put it down, but each book does have its own charm that is waiting to be found. (Why do I sound like Shioriko now...)
Old 2013-08-09, 01:20   Link #958
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Too much Biblia? That's not such a bad thing!

I've heard that a self-made bookshelf is the preferred option over buying one, but I don't have any idea on where to look for instructions on how to make on. More importantly, I don't think I have the necessary skills to construct one from scratch.
Old 2013-08-09, 01:33   Link #959
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post

I'm planning on reading... most of them. I made the mistake of ordering way too many volumes of a series in the beginning, so I have like 10 volumes of something I got sick of after the first book.

These days I just buy the first volume of a whole bunch of things and if it turns out to be good, I get one more. And so on.

Basically, I felt forced to buy clumps of ~20 novels at a time, because Amazon shipping prices were so insanely high unless you spread it out across a ton of books. After finding bk1 (now renamed Honto.jp) it's much easier to just get a few at a time.
Old 2013-08-09, 01:36   Link #960
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Oh.

Ohhhhhhhhhh. My sympathies, I can see how that played out for you. Now I get what you posted before, about looking at a shelf full of books that you don't have any motivation to read further...that's indeed awful. To be fair, I also did the same stupid mistake like twice or so.

I'm kind of thankful that a friend pestered me so badly to start my purchases off with bee-kay-wan now!

Tags
light novels