AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-02-11, 03:01   Link #681
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I find it really puzzling as well. She has a fantastic voice and she seems popular, so why isn't she getting more roles? Or, like, ANY roles. Maybe it's a choice on her part?
I'm guessing it has to at least be partly due to her choice, I don't think her agency wouldn't be able to push her into some roles if she was after work.. like I said before she's way too young to be getting phased out like say a Satsuki Yukino has been in the last 5... and heck even she has a mainish role this season (haven't seen Strange+ so can't comment too much) as well as two ongoing roles in Saint Seiya and Phi Brain, Itou has nothing so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
I wouldn't say that Itou lacks the roles.
Itou in 2013.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT (Sena Kashiwazaki)
Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Aoi Ogiyama)
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (Suzuno Kamazuki; Crestia Bell)
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya (Suzuka Kurihara)
Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home (Ohana Matsumae)
Photo Kano (Haruka Niimi)
Pretty Rhythm: Rainbow Live (Mega-nee Akai)
Strike the Blood (Kanon Kanase)
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S (Ruiko Saten)
Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki (Ruiko Saten)
The World God Only Knows III (Elucia de Rux Ima)

The bolded are her only new roles in the entire year, and I guess Photo Kano is the only one that's even a main character and that's due to how their system works. (Actually I don't even know if that's one of the girls they focus on)

Itou in 2014.

Sure there's still a lot of roles left up for grab in Spring season but at the moment the only thing you can put her down for in 2014 is Yui in Sword Art Online:GGO and that's if she's even in that season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
It has to be a choice because, as you said, she's incredibly good and quite popular. But I'm sure we can all name multiple excellent VAs who have not been getting roles for some time. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder but geez... At least I get to hear more of Houko Kuwashima's lovely voice in Inari this season.
You need to watch Space Battleship Yamato 2199, Kuwashima voices the lead female Yuki Mori.

Quote:
Totally agree. Miyuki Sawashiro reached that point for me a while ago (there was a season or 2 where she was in everything!), and Kana is pretty much in the same boat. I don't care how talented a VA you are, overexposure is a bad thing and it annoys the crap out of me. It also sucks because that's one less job for someone less "mainstream" to take. Obviously this isn't their fault, and it has more to do with their agency and the mysterious inner-workings of the anime and VA industry.
You can never have too much Miyukichi
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 12:20   Link #682
AntonKutovoi

Well, the year has only started. I'm pretty sure that Itou will hve more roles. Not to mention that there's not only anime, but also a videogames.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 09:24   Link #683
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wow, so just three days after I finished uploading my Kanae itou video, guess what happens? Someone makes another compilation and it's fucking better than mine. I mean seriously, it's not enough that I'm losing my freaking mind here but you just have to go and humiliate me on top of it?

Anyway, I just found out recently, that the one who plays the psychotic bunny rabbit in Hozuki no Reitetsu is none other than Atsumi Tanezaki: the same seiyuu that won almost everyone's admiration in her role as Nastume in Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. This is another seiyuu that needs more and better roles.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 01:38   Link #684
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Granted, compared to some other voice actresses in buiseness, like Hanazawa it's not a big amount, but amount of roles Kanazwa takes is ridiculous by itself and wen one person voicing THAT much characters, it isn't good. I'm sure that every country has a certain actor that appears everywhere so much, that it becomes annoying. Kanazawa is reaching to that status now.
To be honest I feel like Hanazawa Kana is already in that status. I have to agree with you, that is a bit annoying because I feel like newer or less known VAs will lose out on potential.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2014-02-17 at 13:05.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 02:18   Link #685
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

HanaKana Role count per year
2003 - 1
2006 - 2 (Ryouko pretty much showed off what she can do)
2007 - ~5 (Oh God Potemayo HHHNNNNGGGGG)
2008 - ~10
2009 - ~17
2010 - ~17
2011 - ~20
2012 - ~21 (Her best year IMO, with Sakura Ichiko and Fuka Aika)
2013 - ~21

Granted that's just a quick count, but still... I dunno if you guys were living under a rock, but HanaKana has been in 'that status' for at least three years, if not half a decade already, averaging 4-5 roles per cour.

And as much as I LOVE HanaKana, I guess we can count ourselves lucky that she can't do Yamato Nadeshiko very well (WTF was that Susukihotaru?) and has never done a full blown Tsundere role to my knowledge. Which translates to people like Hayami getting a lot of the former and Tomatsu getting a lot of the latter role. XD

As for Itou Kanae, to be honest I thought I was going to miss her, but Kanemoto Hisako is actually a surprisingly decent alternative that sounds very much like her. I mean, Amy (Gargantia), Kotoura Haruka (Kotoura-san) and Saeki Makoto (Gingitsune) are pretty much what I consider as 'stock characters' for Itou, but at times I thought it was Itou herself speaking there.

So yeah, I don't know the circumstances behind Itou's 'vacation' (maybe she got married or something?), but if she does come back, she's facing some stiff competition considering that Kanemoto seems to be on a very quick rise.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 10:42   Link #686
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
To be honest I feel like Hanazawa Kana is already in that status. I have to agree with you, that is a bit annoying because I feel like newer or less known VAs will lose out on potential.
I still wonder if the "traditional" seiyuu audition system is still in use even for veterans, because it seems that a handful are being offered roles for them to choose from (it was said -- correct me if I'm wrong -- that only Megumi Hayashibara was, because of her versatility and range for the time, she had her pick of roles without going through an audition).

If the audition rules have been indeed changed (unwritten more likely, given the "old boy" network among execs, producers and directors), then some producers are favoring certain "bankable" seiyuu over others, and with lots of entrants the competition is more intense than ever.
Old 2014-02-22, 22:57   Link #687
rladls716

Yoshimasa Hosoya, I liked his role on Strike the Blood and Yugioh Zexal.
I looked up his info on myanimelist since I heard the voice in Yugioh Zexal villian character IV.
That character often use the word in english "fanservice".
After that, when I watch Strike the Blood, main character Kojou's voice acting sounded familiar, so I looked it up and the voice was the same.
Since then, when everyone in this forum type the word fanserivce, I think of this Yugioh Zexal character IV.

I think most people are interested in Strike the Blood anime than Yugioh Zexal. So watch the episodes the part where character IV appears and compare if interested.
I think it was kind of interesting.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 08:47   Link #688
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Happy Birthday Kana-chan!
Old 2014-02-25, 10:29   Link #689
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Happy birthday!
Old 2014-02-25, 11:38   Link #690
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 17:20   Link #691
Frontier

Happy birthday !
Old 2014-02-28, 07:31   Link #692
Kakkou
Tch.

8th Seiyu Awards Winners announced earlier:

Best Actor: Yuki Kaji (Attack on Titan’s Eren Yaeger. He's the first seiyuu to win this award twice in a row.)

Best Actress: Rina Satou (A Certain Scientific Railgun S’ Mikoto Misaka)

Best Supporting Actor: Yoshimasa Hosoya (Attack on Titan’s Reiner Braun)

Best Supporting Actress: Yui Ishikawa (Attack on Titan’s Mikasa Ackerman)

Best New Actor: Kaito Ishikawa (Tokyo Ravens’ Harutora Tsuchimikado) & Daiki Yamashita (Yowamushi Pedal’s Onoda Sakamichi)

Best New Actress: Maaya Uchida (GATCHAMAN Crowds’ Hajime Ichinose)

Best Song/Singer: Mamoru Miyano (Uta no Prince-sama Maji LOVE 2000% OP ‘Kanon’)

Best Personality: (NONE)

Most Voted: Hiroshi Kamiya

Kids/Family Award: Kumiko Higa

The rest of the winners of the other awards are on the official site. The ceremony will be held tomorrow night.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 20:27   Link #693
judasmartel
*Author

Congratulations, Yuki Kaji. Three Best Actor awards in a row is definitely amazing.

BTW, any news on new seiyuus?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 21:28   Link #694
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Dumb question:

Is Yui Ishikawa related to Kaito Ishikawa?
Old 2014-03-01, 23:18   Link #695
Frontier

I don't think so...

Well congratulations to Yuuki Kaji and Rina Sato, especially to Rina Sato .

I doubt Kaji's detractors are going to be happy about his winning streak .
Old 2014-03-02, 20:00   Link #696
Steins

I'm a bit suprise that Ryota Osaka didn't win Best New Actor, I thought for sure he would win this year.
Steins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 20:04   Link #697
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steins View Post
I'm a bit suprise that Ryota Osaka didn't win Best New Actor, I thought for sure he would win this year.
Has more to do with his agency, Early Wing
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 21:31   Link #698
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Has more to do with his agency, Early Wing
Which only shows why these awards should not be taken all the seriously.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 21:39   Link #699
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I never have taken these seriously though.

edit: because it was rather obvious that these awards meant nothing seeing that there were many choices in the past that were questionable and some seiyuus will never get awards like Hanazawa Kana. Also we had the ridiculous case of "no best actor" 2 years ago

Last edited by hyl; 2014-03-02 at 21:55.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 08:51   Link #700
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

My comment was generic and not directed at you personally.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote