AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-25, 20:24   Link #1581
Kuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
That's what I call "channeled perception". As in coming to a conclusion early on and then trying to organize everything in this direction, no matter whether or not it's true.

Just as a simple counter-example, keep in mind that Tamao was a member of the literature club, and obviously held in high esteem there for her poems. Long before Nagisa even appeared.

Oh really? Care to give a few more "cardboard" characters from Yuri series, which have a Tamao-like friend character, who is primarily a good support but no romantic interest? According to you, there got to be lots of those.

For a simple "caring slave" Tamao-chan has been way too teasing in regards to Nagisa. Sure, she was pretty manic about her, but other than that, she has been among the smartest and most reasonable characters around. Unlike most others, she was able to properly assess situations and give reasonable advice. She also correctly figured out what risks Miyuki's final plan carried, and she tried her best to protect Nagisa throughout everything. In the end, she yielded her own wishes to see Nagisa happy. All of this are proof for a fairly smart, complex and independent character. Just blowing alot of big hot air around with cusswords like "cardboard character" or "slave" and stuff is very unconvincing to me. Sorry.
Agreed 100 percent. Tamao-chan suffers the same fate as Tomoyo-chan in Card Captor Sakura. Such unrequited love!

Kawai sou ;_;!!

I'm pretty disappointed in the outcome, personally. Not the Shizuma x Nagisa thing, as it was pretty obvious from the start, but that Tamao-chan got like... nothing, really surprised me.

And for people hoping for a second season, I'm *pretty* sure it won't happen, unless somehow they're going to follow w/the manga continuity. But I doubt that. Kind of like Elfen Lied, the series ended on a relatively good, if not a bit ambiguous, note. Making a second season would really ruin the mood the series ended with. And besides, confessions usually happen at the end of the series.

But, maybe an OVA or something will happen, if only for Tamao-chan.
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 20:40   Link #1582
Rainbow6

This Ending Sux T.T! Sorry I'm So sad XD
Oh Well, I sort of got it during the first few eps, but i was hoping for the turn of tides during ep 23.....BUT NO T_T!
Rainbow6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 21:25   Link #1583
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Well, as long as Shizuma and Nagisa were together at the end, then I'm cool with how the ending is
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 22:07   Link #1584
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro
We all knew it was going to happen, you know?

I was right about Shizuma waiting till the actual ceremony, though!

Aside from Tamao-chan getting gypped in the ending, I'm really disappointed that Hikari and Amane won the election (supposedly). That's like, probably the worst thing they could've done.

Oh well. Did everybody have fun? ^_^ I did particularly, giving you all such a hard time. Haha. Just kidding.

That all said and done, I think it's time for me to check out NHK.
I think we all knew the outcome and if you didnt at least have some hint as how it was going to turn out try having your eyes checked j/k well i had fun and i would say the fun is over yet i think well some activity in here at least for a little bit longer. definetly one of the most intresting Yuris i watched to date and as Kuro put it i enjoyed given everyone a hard time as well. if anyone is looking for new threads to hang out in here are my recommendations

NHK: kicks all ass if you dont know about yet your lacking

Bokura Ga Ita: for all you hard core romantics or just sick bastards great shoujo anime touching story and great drama to boot

Nana: i would have to say one of the best animes ever concieved IMO if your not watching now dont worry its 50 eps and its only on ep 21. There is enough controversey this anime to make this thread look a childs typing tool.

well 4 anime that i was watching just ended time to hunt down somemore.
last but not least

CHIKARU RULES ALL i wish she had her own series.
Old 2006-09-26, 01:50   Link #1585
Rin-Sama
Banned

Yeah good show everyone. It's been a blast watching this! Plenty of good Yuri but i was disapointed that there wern't any R-15 scenes like in SHUFFLE!
Spoiler:

all in all i give this show a 8.5/10. peace out!
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 01:58   Link #1586
nilsen
What's happiness...?

Location: Norway, thats why Im bad in English, but I try my best
Send a message via MSN to nilsen
Thumbs up

I have been waiting for this to long, and in the end finaly Nagisa and Shizuma end up together. Im realy grateful about that,
Quote:
Oh well. Did everybody have fun? ^_^
Thanks for asking =) I have both have fun and suffered from the start to the end. Becouse of this ending its verry happy anim, and I can start to think more about it. Thise is one point in front of Maria, but maybe thats just because I have been waiting for the released, and in the free time been talking alot about it with you all, thanks
----
I can see that everyone thinks its not suitable for Hikari and Amane to become Etoile, but its a reason for it, and it happend, when they are ment to be. Im realy happy becouse of this end, and its just like I have believed from the verry first break up, and Im not surprised at all.

It would be wrong to make Nagisa together with Tamao, and it would be a big wast of a good and suffering story-line. Thanks Madhouse Productions. I think alot of ppl's can throw away there bomb, AND remeber, if Madhouse explode its only Kuro's work =) <3 (joke)

I will make a bigger post after the release on the sub's, gogo Serin.
will it be released some OVA's or something after this? I still this its posible to make a fantastic season 2 for all the couple faans

and without doubt CHIKARU rules.
and at last I want to thank Tamao for careing about Nagisa

Last edited by nilsen; 2006-09-26 at 05:45. Reason: new question
nilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 02:04   Link #1587
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

And for people hoping for a second season, I'm *pretty* sure it won't happen, unless somehow they're going to follow w/the manga continuity. But I doubt that. Kind of like Elfen Lied, the series ended on a relatively good, if not a bit ambiguous, note. Making a second season would really ruin the mood the series ended with. And besides, confessions usually happen at the end of the series.

But, maybe an OVA or something will happen, if only for Tamao-chan.
The only reason I'd wish for a second season is to see moooore Chikaru. Hell a spin off with her and her underlings as the stars of the series would be such a nice sight.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 02:21   Link #1588
toronto

Yay!! Shizuma x Nagisa won Yay.... mission destruction cancelled!! Erm I just watched the raw, and read the summary and still I'm so happy. Wow Nagisa wanted to kiss Shizuma so much huh? She innitiates that Also I hate to see Amane x Hikari bacome the Etoile. They're bold to be one. Oh yeah ending music was very good....
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 02:59   Link #1589
Sunsh
a.k.a Arsen

Quote:
Oh well. Did everybody have fun? ^_^
You guess Of course I am.. This series made my past six months mixed with joy, happiness, laugh, and emo
And this thread was also fun, I have a lot of great times here^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto
Yay!! Shizuma x Nagisa won Yay.... mission destruction cancelled!! Erm I just watched the raw, and read the summary and still I'm so happy. Wow Nagisa wanted to kiss Shizuma so much huh? She innitiates that Also I hate to see Amane x Hikari bacome the Etoile. They're bold to be one. Oh yeah ending music was very good....
Hey... I read THAT! We may agreed to cancel the destruction of the studio, but if you said that Amane/Hikari don't suit to become Etoile, I will destroy your camps!!

So Nagisa IS the one who take inniative for the kiss? Lovely . It's just like someone predicted before.. And Amane and Hikari are still lovely
Sunsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 03:35   Link #1590
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Hourray Shizuma ended up with Nagisa
Too bad the others didn't let them be Etoiles too
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 03:41   Link #1591
toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh
if you said that Amane/Hikari don't suit to become Etoile, I will destroy your camps!!

So Nagisa IS the one who take inniative for the kiss? Lovely . It's just like someone predicted before.. And Amane and Hikari are still lovely
ok ok sorry about that. I don't know why I still prefer them with horse than flower

Nagisa been holding back her dream about kissing Shizuma. She even hug her so tight. Also I thing 1 just noticed, in the cathedral where Shizuma confess to Nagisa and Nagisa ran to her and they did some spinning. Right after that, Nagisa's face is in the center of Shizuma's enormous boobs The scene was side-way so it's so obvious. Or perhaps the draw artist lose his drawing balance

By the way, I'm sad this series already come to end. Also I had so much fun in this series. This is a great series I simply loved it. It's my taste, my series and my happiness from April till September.
Old 2006-09-26, 03:51   Link #1592
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by warainagara
Neosam,
The original target of light novels is shounen and shoujo,
and what you are trying to include into light novels are actually called adult novels and boys' love novels, which have existed as genres independent from light novels.
Of course, no one can define a light novel and adult novels seem to get more and more similar to light novels.(includes illustration like animation cuts)
What I'm refering to is not the definition but common understanding at the moment.

The following would let you know the magazines you mentioned as adults light megazines are not seen as "light novels" in general.

Spoiler for Japanese account for adult novels and boys love novels which takes form of light novels:
Yeah, you are right about that, adult novels and BL novels are becoming more and more similar to light novels, thats why there are sites that classify adult labels, such as 2D Dream Bunko (the label which light novels from 2D Dream Magazine are published under) as an adult light novel label, but other sites mentioning it as just an adult novel label.

Quote:
Also, the main titles of Dragon Magazine such as Slayers and Full Metal Panic is known to be aimed at shounen.
Can you give me the link where the editor said it's for young men, please?
Thats a common mistake, when this magazine started, the publisher mentioned that this magazine was for young men, and back then (when it was announced) it was the first light novel magazine to be aimed at young men.

No, I can't give you a link to where the publisher said so, do your own investigation about this :P

But I can give you something even better; the following site is the Japanese Magazine Publishers Association, which gets the info about the magazines from the publishers.

The site does not mention all magazines for males and all magazines for females, just a few fraction of them >.<

And as you can see here, in the list of male oriented magazines: http://www.j-magazine.or.jp/data_001/main_b.html#001

Dragon Magazine is mentiond as 男性ヤング誌 = dansei yangu shi = young man's magazine = magazine for young man

Also the same with the light novel magazine The Sneaker, which is also mentioned as dansei yangu shi --> young man's magazine.

Quote:
Since I remember you said that the editor of Yuri-hime announced the magazine is aimed at lesbians (actually, most of Japanese female yuri fans are not really lesbians but just accustomed to shimai (sisters) culture in girls' schools), I just want it to be confirmed.
As I mentioned in the Simoun thread, I read an interview that was conducted with someone that represented the publisher, and she was talking about the new yuri magazine Comic Yuri Hime (If I remember right the interview was a few weeks before the first issue came out), and she was asked who the target audience of this magazine was, and she said that the target are females.

But why are sites like Amazon Japan and some other sites mentioning it as a seinen manga magazine, I don't know. to attract more readers, maybe? or maybe she was wrong and just saying stuff, I don't know.
Old 2006-09-26, 04:11   Link #1593
nilsen
What's happiness...?

Location: Norway, thats why Im bad in English, but I try my best
Send a message via MSN to nilsen
How can they end a season with a episode named "Beginning", and not make another season =) ^^
nilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 05:41   Link #1594
toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilsen
How can they end a season with a episode named "Beginning", and not make another season =) ^^
Yeah I thought so too. But the episode finale does not have any open spot at all
Old 2006-09-26, 06:13   Link #1595
htsuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Now, now. Actually, Tamao was one of the few _multifaceted_ characters in the crew. Most of them were terribly linear, but Tamao was twisted in more than one way, and torn between her own interest in Nagisa and her genuine care for her well-being. That's not shallow at all in my book.
Generally speaking, those who can understand only the simplest part of the story of an anime tend to insist that the anime is totally simple.

And also, because they cannot understand the more complicated parts, they would insist that the story is illogical and its characters are shallow. Although the writer carefully placed many hints in advance, they are too insensitive to notice them. Unfortunately, arrogance from ignorance is one of incurable diseases. Possibly, from the viewpoint of such people, any animes, mangas, novels should be simple and/or illogical.

So, it is rather risky to say "this is simple. that is illogical." When you (I mean "people in general") say so, there is always some possibility that the one who should be referred to as a simpleton is you, not the writer.

Last edited by htsuji; 2006-09-26 at 06:30.
htsuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 08:13   Link #1596
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Well, it was pretty straight forward anyway which is good. It's also a good thing that the main focus of the anime are only to a few people like Hikari, Amane, Shizuma, Nagisa, and Tamao-chan. It didn't give us any confusing events (IMO). What's more, the array of support characters are....nice. They all did part well on making the main characters shine.

I found something to watch The Third and Futakoi. Still waiting for more.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-09-26, 08:47   Link #1597
ati

I think it's nice ending, not rush too much as I expect. However I feel sorry for Tamao-chan too but there're ending scene before the last scene that show that she seems to be happy after that isn't it? I think it happen after the last scene when she said welcome back to Nagisa. I hope she'll be happy.

Chikaru-sama is awesome forever, she seem to know this will happen what a great character! I love her the most.

And Tsubomi and Yaya are so cute, they should give someone to Tamao too.

Kizuna-chan Remon-chan Chiyo-chan and Kagome-chan and her teddy bear are still cute and funny, I want to see them more

However Amane/Hikari automatically won because Nagisa ran away with Shizuma isn't it? anyway Amane and Hikari in the greenhouse on the ending scene is so funny..

Well for Shizuma, she just came to take bride. I love her character and the way she is even she look like selfish person but it can't help because Nagisa love Shizuma.

Sorry for ruin your hope about the Etoile contest Miyuki but this time it's Spica's turn, Shion's so happy with these I saw she's crying.

At last I still love the ending and the song, How nice!
ati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 08:56   Link #1598
Cyz
"Show it to me"

If Yaya is going after Tsubomi now...then Tamao-chan should be after Chiyo?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-09-26, 10:10   Link #1599
htsuji

Oops. So many spoilers. It may be too late, but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ati
Spoiler for episode 26:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ati
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by htsuji; 2006-09-26 at 10:24.
htsuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 11:21   Link #1600
ati

Quote:
Originally Posted by htsuji
Yep. Amane herself admited, "I don't feel like we've won." But I'm afraid her horse could ruin the flowers. [/spoiler]
Spoiler:
Yeah, agree with you Starbright may destroy greenhouse someday when he get jealous Amane/Hikari

And my friend said they gave a wrong name to this episode,

Spoiler:
ati is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri