AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

View Poll Results: Accel World - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 17 26.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 12.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 9.52%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-04, 15:51   Link #61
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This episode...

What an episode. Haru's talk with KYH might have been a bit dull but everything else that followed was just pure awesome. Chiyu's betrayal at the end genuinely pissed me off too. Why Chiyu?!?! WHY?!?!?!

It doesn't even matter if Chiyu's reason turns out to be pure BS. This episode was still beyond awesome.
Old 2012-08-04, 16:11   Link #62
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Here's a photoshop I requested as a tribute to this episode.

It's based off of this screenshot here (which fittingly is a bit of a troll-face itself ).
LMAO! That's perfect!

Only thing I can find close to that is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEwtP8tkrpY
Old 2012-08-04, 18:57   Link #63
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

O-M-G.... *froth* *twitch* *drool*

That was a glorious fight. The power of friendship can defeat all evil. The energy between Haru and Taku was palpable. The whole fight from he point the "Battle Royal" started was the best most adrenalin flowing battle I have watched in a very long time. Epic.

And then, Chiyuu..... AaaRrrRggggHhhHhh...! Right when you get your wish for your friends to be like they used to, you have to go muck everything up. Urp... grl... ga.. geh... beh...!!

It was one hell of an ending to an episode of anime, even if it was galactically frustrating at the same time...

I can't wait to see the resolution to this cluster-flop they are all in right now.

PS: 2nd generations... ??

@Tripple_R: Win.
Old 2012-08-05, 00:18   Link #64
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecat View Post
That was a glorious fight. The power of friendship can defeat all evil. The energy between Haru and Taku was palpable. The whole fight from he point the "Battle Royal" started was the best most adrenalin flowing battle I have watched in a very long time. Epic.
Definitely agree with this. The lead up was very exciting, and seeing Noumi get defeated by his own lack of foresight (not thinking about the teamwork) was immensely satisfying (in a way that seeing any bad guy get their upcommance is satisfying). Of course... turnabout is "fair play"...

Suffice it to say, Chiyu definitely has something planned. When you see her face for an instant just as she calls out her attack, it has the look of "I'm doing this because I have to, certainly not because I want to". Obviously, as was already discussed in the thread, the debate is "what could she be planning"? The one thing I thought about is that, in this fight, Haru played all his cards, and just beating him in this one battle wasn't going to end the war, nor guarantee that he'd get his wings back. Even if they did win, they'd constantly have to be on the lookout for what his next move would be, plus he already let on that he's not alone. So no matter how good this victory would have felt, it was only a small step. But now that Chiyu did what she did, it muddies the waters of Noumi's planning, and makes him think he's still got an ace up his sleeve. I don't believe for a second that Chiyu is loyal to anyone but Haru and Taku, but I also don't think they really thought through the "what happens next" question. For all we know, defeating him there might have been worse than having it end as a draw. Chiyu is playing a dangerous game, but she obviously has something in mind.

(And the fact is, both of them were acting on her own without consulting her (thinking they were doing her a favour), and this is sort of what they get for not trusting her enough to be in on the plan. It's pretty clear that she's been taking her own steps all this time, just as they have. And, incidentally, I also suspect that Kuroyukihime also knows more than she's letting on, but her question to Haru was to see if he wanted to talk about it. Though the minor victory we saw was due to teamwork, they're still not totally trusting each other and really working as a team, each still thinking they need to be strong on their own. Even Haru's comment about wanting to protect vs. being protected is not really the point; they all need to be equals protecting each other.)
Old 2012-08-05, 01:44   Link #65
Markerlight

Cant this arc end already? Why does it have to be another 2 weeks? Uh, talk about trolling the audience.

Also how did Nomi survive a spike through the head at speed?
Old 2012-08-05, 02:41   Link #66
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
LMAO! That's perfect!

Only thing I can find close to that is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEwtP8tkrpY
Holy crap I came here to talk about her being a troll and this is the 1st thing I saw
Old 2012-08-05, 04:59   Link #67
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Seriously, Chiyu? Someone has a message for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq67puTl4ZM

Pretty good episode. Quality fight scene and all. But that ending...
True. Man... my heart sank when she healed Noumi...
I wish she's a fake defector or something...

Oh boy... I'll be seeing NTR Doujins in a few months...
Old 2012-08-05, 08:55   Link #68
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithKurogane View Post
True. Man... my heart sank when she healed Noumi...
I wish she's a fake defector or something...
I'm still going with my original impulse; that she's essentially flipping the goddamned digital table and going "(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ EFF THIS GAME". If Nomi gets all their points, all of this Brain Burst BS ends, and that probably sounds pretty good to her.

An alternative could be that she's doing it to save them from Nomi's retribution in the real world should they defeat him. He's still got that footage of Haru in the girls' shower, yeah? Haru and Taku are serious about Brain Burst, but Chiyu's always been more concerned for their real world selves, and if that's the case, then frankly she has a point. It's presumptive and arrogant of her to decide what's right for them, but she's not exactly wrong.

Of course the novel readers can laugh at my wild guessing, but I enjoy speculating.
Old 2012-08-05, 09:14   Link #69
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Suffice it to say, Chiyu definitely has something planned. When you see her face for an instant just as she calls out her attack, it has the look of "I'm doing this because I have to, certainly not because I want to". Obviously, as was already discussed in the thread, the debate is "what could she be planning"? The one thing I thought about is that, in this fight, Haru played all his cards, and just beating him in this one battle wasn't going to end the war, nor guarantee that he'd get his wings back. Even if they did win, they'd constantly have to be on the lookout for what his next move would be, plus he already let on that he's not alone. So no matter how good this victory would have felt, it was only a small step. But now that Chiyu did what she did, it muddies the waters of Noumi's planning, and makes him think he's still got an ace up his sleeve. I don't believe for a second that Chiyu is loyal to anyone but Haru and Taku, but I also don't think they really thought through the "what happens next" question. For all we know, defeating him there might have been worse than having it end as a draw. Chiyu is playing a dangerous game, but she obviously has something in mind.

(And the fact is, both of them were acting on her own without consulting her (thinking they were doing her a favour), and this is sort of what they get for not trusting her enough to be in on the plan. It's pretty clear that she's been taking her own steps all this time, just as they have. And, incidentally, I also suspect that Kuroyukihime also knows more than she's letting on, but her question to Haru was to see if he wanted to talk about it. Though the minor victory we saw was due to teamwork, they're still not totally trusting each other and really working as a team, each still thinking they need to be strong on their own. Even Haru's comment about wanting to protect vs. being protected is not really the point; they all need to be equals protecting each other.)
This is pretty much my line of thought exactly. Almost immediately after I said "WTF?" I was thinking that she had to have her reasons, most likely attempting to protect the triumvirate friendship. We'll get an explanation out of her later.

However, the question remains. How did she get there, and how was she able to use her special ability? I suppose that might be answered later as well.

I wonder when we'll see Noumi's "friends"?

Endless "Steal. Steal. Steal." Soul
Old 2012-08-05, 09:22   Link #70
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Once the backstab is inevitably explained and she goes back to Haru and Taku's side (come on...you know it'll happen eventually) the hate will probably lessen but since I have no tolerance for traitors...the hate will never disappear completely.
That doesn't make much sense: How is it a "backstab" if the purpose and result would benefit the said "backstabbed"?
I would understand if you consider a situation where the said traitor defected a second time out of remorse or plan going in jeopardy. But if we assume Chiyu had a plan which required that "treachery", that's no longer a backstab.

And considering the context of AW, telling beforehand to Taku and Haru would mean that
1) high possibility that the information is intercepted somehow
2) might be too reckless that one of them would outright refuse, making the move impossible right from the get go
Old 2012-08-05, 09:28   Link #71
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That doesn't make much sense: How is it a "backstab" if the purpose and result would benefit the said "backstabbed"?
I would understand if you consider a situation where the said traitor defected a second time out of remorse or plan going in jeopardy. But if we assume Chiyu had a plan which required that "treachery", that's no longer a backstab.

And considering the context of AW, telling beforehand to Taku and Haru would mean that
1) high possibility that the information is intercepted somehow
2) might be too reckless that one of them would outright refuse, making the move impossible right from the get go
I know full well that my hate isn't rational...it's just that any form of betrayal is unacceptable for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post

Of course the novel readers can laugh at my wild guessing, but I enjoy speculating.
The LN readers do it too!!!
Old 2012-08-05, 09:29   Link #72
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I wonder when we'll see Noumi's "friends"?
This line is most interesting one. If Noumi represents the new wave, then we are heading for trouble. The game will get more populated with people like Noumi to the point that destroy what was meant to be a fun game into something more twisted. It also makes sense. You can not expect all new players to follow the beliefs of the older generation of players. They are bound to be players who wants to subvert game for their own purposes. Look at today's MMO's. At first, players would abide to a code of conduct. However, as new players are added, things change. Some of those new players would subvert the game itself. Examples includes scamming and hacking. In Accel World, we are looking what might happen if we have this kind of game.
Old 2012-08-05, 13:24   Link #73
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

I'm not as invested in Accel World as most people, so I went ahead and spoiled Chiyus motivations for myself.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-08-05 at 16:05. Reason: No hints, please.
Old 2012-08-05, 17:01   Link #74
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
However, the question remains. How did she get there, and how was she able to use her special ability? I suppose that might be answered later as well.
As for "how she got there", I think that she could have joined initially as an observer the way Haru did (it seems that when there's a match going on, any other Burst Linker in the area can join as an observer), and then be able to join the battle when it got switched to "Battle Royale" mode. But of course, the issue is "how did she know now was the right time to burst", and I suppose she was either watching Haru/Taku for a sign, or already burst just waiting ready for the match to start, *or* Noumi could have arranged it somehow. (Can a Burst Linker summon an observer/team member to their match from within the game? Perhaps it was his insurance policy?) As for how she was able to use her ability, she just needed some way to charge her gauge; I suppose either she might have done something like Cyan Pile, or perhaps there's some way that a teammate's gauge could go up when the other teammate is in a critical state (though I don't think we've been told that yet).

Of course, this is all speculation.
Old 2012-08-05, 22:22   Link #75
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Oh, and most crazy of all, her ability is a FULL HEAL, not just a heal. Wow.
Old 2012-08-06, 11:08   Link #76
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecat View Post
Oh, and most crazy of all, her ability is a FULL HEAL, not just a heal. Wow.
Well, it's probably dependent on how much of her gauge she uses. If she uses 100% of her gauge, it makes sense that she'd heal 100% HP.
Old 2012-08-06, 11:22   Link #77
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, it's probably dependent on how much of her gauge she uses. If she uses 100% of her gauge, it makes sense that she'd heal 100% HP.
Aren't they only able to use their special abilities if the bar is at 100%?
Old 2012-08-06, 13:19   Link #78
GDB

I think we've seen them use special abilities without being at 100% before.
Old 2012-08-06, 15:25   Link #79
Awrya
U mad?

They can be used even if they are not fully charged, Taku used his spike when he had ~70%, my guess is the damage or duration of the killer move depends on how much of the special gauge it consumes.

Another thought that crossed my mind, Taku's spike is an external armament, Noumi destroyed it with his IS attack. Is Chiyu's bell also an external armament that can be taken off?
Old 2012-08-06, 15:36   Link #80
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
They can be used even if they are not fully charged, Taku used his spike when he had ~70%, my guess is the damage or duration of the killer move depends on how much of the special gauge it consumes.

Another thought that crossed my mind, Taku's spike is an external armament, Noumi destroyed it with his IS attack. Is Chiyu's bell also an external armament that can be taken off?
Well to me it looks like the bell is more part of her arm than Taku's spike gun thing. If so, then she shouldn't be able to remove it.
Closed Thread