AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 19 27.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 39.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 21.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-16, 07:56   Link #81
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Sorry, but I got a vastly different interpretation. The way Rika asked about Kodaka's relationship with Sena seems very clear to me that Rika was commenting on Kodaka's evasive answers to romantic questions, than questions of friendship.

I'm mean if the issue really is that Kodaka doesn't want to acknowledge that they're friends and just that, then I'm even more confused about why that's an issue. What's the problem of not admitting they're friends when they already are? Maria and Kobato don't have that problem: The fact that they don't admit to being friends is actually played up as just another endearing characteristic of their tsundere-ish relationship. Now obviously Kodaka isn't tsundere-ish to anyone, but that's another problem. If it really is just about Kodaka not wanting to admit they're friends then what exactly is his reason? Why does he have that problem? It's kinda hard to feel the full weight of the situation when you can't understand why it's like that in the first place.
I think if you incorporate the idea that Kodaka does not like change, then you can see that the idea of acknowledging that they are all friends is impossible for him. My view is that he sees the club as a safe haven for him; once they acknowledge that they are friends, the club will pretty much have no reason to exist since they managed to make friends. Like I said before somewhere else, Kodaka represents the present, Sena represents the future, and Yozora represents the past, with their entire being being focused on this aspects of time. Kodaka wants a static present and Yozora wants a static past as portrayed in the show. Sena just wants her waifus with the creme de la creme being Kobato.
Old 2013-03-16, 08:38   Link #82
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
I think if you incorporate the idea that Kodaka does not like change, then you can see that the idea of acknowledging that they are all friends is impossible for him. My view is that he sees the club as a safe haven for him; once they acknowledge that they are friends, the club will pretty much have no reason to exist since they managed to make friends. Like I said before somewhere else, Kodaka represents the present, Sena represents the future, and Yozora represents the past, with their entire being being focused on this aspects of time. Kodaka wants a static present and Yozora wants a static past as portrayed in the show. Sena just wants her waifus with the creme de la creme being Kobato.
I'm guessing that's a light novel detail...

In any case, do they really need to be club when they've already acknowledged each other as friends? Then they'd just hang out, wouldn't they?
Old 2013-03-16, 08:59   Link #83
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm guessing that's a light novel detail...

In any case, do they really need to be club when they've already acknowledged each other as friends? Then they'd just hang out, wouldn't they?
Nope logical conclusion

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-03-16, 10:38   Link #84
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So basically fan speculation then? I think a crucial detail like that would have been specifically stated somewhere in the show if it was really that important.

Last edited by Haak; 2013-03-16 at 11:07.
Old 2013-03-16, 11:12   Link #85
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Errr. Sena is really creepy.
Old 2013-03-16, 11:44   Link #86
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
For those asking for the omitted monologue, here it is. (Since the whole scene has already been animated, I think it should be safe to put this in here.)

Spoiler for Comparison of Episode 10 to the end of Volume Seven:
He's still a coward, he even admits it himself. Simply an even bigger one we could have ever imagined. Now, I'm not undermining the problem, that in itself is indeed a huge issue. He is letting fear dictate his actions. I know what that feels like.
Old 2013-03-16, 12:02   Link #87
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He's still a coward, he even admits it himself. Simply an even bigger one we could have ever imagined. Now, I'm not undermining the problem, that in itself is indeed a huge issue. He is letting fear dictate his actions. I know what that feels like.
It's cowardice rooted on insecurity. Should we be contemptuousness, or pity him?
Old 2013-03-16, 12:10   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I definitely pity him.
Old 2013-03-16, 12:49   Link #89
richardtengcy

Me too....Rika is giving him hints that the girls like him but he choose to pretend not to know it. #facepalm
Old 2013-03-16, 12:57   Link #90
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Spineless™ MC is spineless. Sena definetively has more balls than him >_<
Old 2013-03-16, 15:35   Link #91
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spineless is somewhat harsh. Like Kano said you can't help but pity him...

He knows that they're friends already and that all of them like him in some fashion. If he chooses one the others are more than likely going to be hurt. Will they remain friends as a result? I think he believes why take that chance when on the surface everything is going fine.

He's also not that experienced in these type of social settings as well so some of this is new to him too. He is just a teenager after all and an awkward one at that at times...
Old 2013-03-16, 15:37   Link #92
Sumeragi
Banned

Those who say Kodaka is spineless are the spineless ones (for a different reason). We have to remember every member of the club is extremely flawed one way or another, and we still don't know what made Kodaka the way he is right now.
Old 2013-03-16, 15:42   Link #93
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Those who say Kodaka is spineless are the spineless ones (for a different reason). We have to remember every member of the club is extremely flawed one way or another, and we still don't know what made Kodaka the way he is right now.
Actually it would be interesting to see Kodaka being really spineless and Sena, dressed in leather and a whip, having her way with him. Then Yozora, being jealous, does the same and joins in.

I said nothing. Move on.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-03-16, 15:51   Link #94
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
... and we still don't know what made Kodaka the way he is right now.
While there is a lot we do not know about most of the females of this series, I would be very surprised if later on (that includes the light novels) there is anything new about Kodaka's past that would serve as a valid excuse for behaving so wimpy.
Old 2013-03-16, 15:59   Link #95
Sumeragi
Banned

And that's where you're missing the point. Kodaka is extremely conservative when it comes to relationships, which is not explainable using the usual "dense/wimp MC" excuses. In fact, for you to not say there is anything new about Kodaka's past just shows how much you have not been paying attention.
Old 2013-03-16, 16:10   Link #96
Miraluka
Banned

What made Kodaka what he is is his looks and his lack of confidence, I don't think his mother passing away affected him that much.

To quote someone above:
Quote:
It's cowardice rooted on insecurity.
What makes it har to swallow Kodaka is his "Oops, didn't hear, so nothing happened" actittude, thats what pisses people off. Thats gonna bite his back later for sure and it is just the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
It's cowardice rooted on insecurity. Should we be contemptuousness, or pity him?
Pity is at the bottom of my list if not that last.
Old 2013-03-16, 16:11   Link #97
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
In fact, for you to not say there is anything new about Kodaka's past just shows how much you have not been paying attention.
Then do elaborate, you should already now the internet rules, "link or it didn't happen".
Old 2013-03-16, 17:13   Link #98
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Actually, I think that Kodaka's introversion towards the girls stem from the fact that almost all of the girls, other than Yukimura and Rika, are pretty aggressive towards him. Constantly being the ones suggesting things and then bickering over it, Kodaka simply acted the gentleman and pulled back into himself.

And that includes his little sister, who is driven by her brother complex. He is probably trying to deal with things one at a time because he had no experience in dealing with controlling and domonating girls who all want his undivided attention for themselves.

Though with regards to Kobato, it is completely wrong ethically (even when it comes to the VA, having a meek actress for an aggressive brocon?). That is why she is constantly being sidelined like Maria, making the whole thing seem like a three-way game between Yozora, Sena and Kodaka.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-03-16, 17:20   Link #99
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually, I think that Kodaka's introversion towards the girls stem from the fact that almost all of the girls, other than Yukimura and Rika, are pretty aggressive towards him.
I think so far he has dealt quite well (for a teenager with no social experience) with the looney antics of his personal harem, it is with the normal antics where he falls flat on his face.
Old 2013-03-16, 18:46   Link #100
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spineless is somewhat harsh. Like Kano said you can't help but pity him...
I totally can.

Quote:
He knows that they're friends already and that all of them like him in some fashion. If he chooses one the others are more than likely going to be hurt. Will they remain friends as a result? I think he believes why take that chance when on the surface everything is going fine.

He's also not that experienced in these type of social settings as well so some of this is new to him too. He is just a teenager after all and an awkward one at that at times...
I wouldn't mind so much if, on that basis, he friendzoned them all. Or even if he denied they had romantic feelings for him.

But to deny to Rika that they're friends? WTH is wrong with him?
Closed Thread