AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-01-21, 18:08   Link #1
Nergol

AMV Creation Tools: Mac?

So armed with a couple of ideas for anime music videos, I wonder what software tools I might need to create them, and was looking for perhaps some kind of tutorial or walk-through, or at least some advice. I'd be using .avis found right here on animesuki.com and mp3s (made from CDs I own, of course).

And of course I'd prefer software packages that didn't cost a mint too - could I use iMovie? Anyhow, thanks for the advice.
Nergol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 19:28   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I've only imported through iMovie, but it should be very usable for making a music video. It's a bit of a dumbed-down version of Final Cut Pro, Apple's professional-level video editing software. If you're just getting started with video editing, I highly recommend using it, and moving on to the more advanced programs when you have the basics down.

As an aside, for your artistic effort please don't use fansubs as video source material. I've seen so many AMVs posted to YouTube that used fansubs, and the subtitles are just incredibly distracting and cheapen the video. For me it makes itunwatchable, just because I can't help but focus on the subtitles. An AMV can convey a message, but the message gets mixed and botched when you're reading what each character is saying. I used to be a raw provider for fansub groups so I'm biased in saying this, but obtaining raws isn't terribly difficult, either. Just my opinions Good luck and have fun!
Old 2008-01-21, 20:38   Link #3
Epyon9283
Geek

Send a message via ICQ to Epyon9283 Send a message via AIM to Epyon9283
If you can, use the previous version of iMovie. The current one is lacking in features IMO.
Epyon9283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 04:44   Link #4
Nergol

Quote:
As an aside, for your artistic effort please don't use fansubs as video source material.
Not a lot of choice there, but I wouldn't worry too much - Guchuko doesn't say a lot anyway.
Nergol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 20:06   Link #5
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I used to be a raw provider for fansub groups so I'm biased in saying this, but obtaining raws isn't terribly difficult, either. Just my opinions Good luck and have fun!
The fact I make amvs is what got me interested in softsubs : subtitles on when I watch,subtitles off when i make an amv, right now I convert the mkvs with visualhub.I was hoping to try and use mp4box because it seems like it'd take less time and i'd get better quality,not sure.
I've tried importing the mkvs directly into imovie with perian activated but activating perian seems to bug up imovie (it's imovie 05 btw to to fond of 06 or 08).
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote