AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-29, 08:13   Link #81
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

My favorite scene is where clare and teresa are hugging and teresa's realization that clare was comforting her. Hands down.

Old 2008-04-29, 08:23   Link #82
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazarGaidin View Post
My favorite scene is where clare and teresa are hugging and teresa's realization that clare was comforting her. Hands down.
Me and you think alike.
Old 2008-04-30, 18:17   Link #83
nekowai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsley View Post
Why do people like Jean so much? I really don't understand it.
- She's manly.
- She's not too strong.
- She has a terrible haircut.
- She looks disgusting with her arm drilled and dedrilled.
- She was Clares pet.
- She died not too many chapters after she was introduced.
- Her AB form looks more like a toy than an AB.
- Jean's has a nice character and she cares about her friends, she's not a monster like others (e.g.: ophelia)
- Jean's is pretty strong, she is the only among all claymores which can penetrate duff's rigid body.
- Her haircut is at most original making her unique.
- She was loyal to clare because she felt in debt for her, she only wanted to retribute the favour.
- Flora died as well after few time and did much less in the fight againt rigardo.
- Her AB form is beautifull, a butterfly.

- You're a completely wrong about jean, maybe your taste is terrible, you gotta love priscilla
Old 2008-04-30, 18:47   Link #84
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Jean is not manly.. Undine is, Rachel is but not Jean.. She may have that SSJ3 vibe about her but that's what makes her so cool.
Old 2008-04-30, 18:48   Link #85
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Wow with so many people defending Jean I won't have too. YAY!!!! LOL
Old 2008-04-30, 18:56   Link #86
nekowai
Banned

Not even Undine is manly...her relaxed form is pretty delicate remember?
Manly = RACHEL (new nº 5)
Old 2008-04-30, 19:04   Link #87
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Yeah but Undine still has that scruffy axl rose voice going on.. Jean's is just falsly made deep to sound badass.
Old 2008-04-30, 20:25   Link #88
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikke View Post
Yeah but Undine still has that scruffy axl rose voice going on.. Jean's is just falsly made deep to sound badass.
It would have been funny in the war in the north when Undine killed that awakened being with Deneve, if Undine yelled out WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE! Instead of that stuff that she says to Deneve about being born weak or something like that.
Old 2008-04-30, 21:47   Link #89
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Mitsuishi Kotono (Jean's VA) = manly? Man (no pun intended), what does that make Romi-san (who did Teresa)?
Old 2008-05-09, 01:29   Link #90
Sheky

Surprised that no one mentioned this one yet.

I really like the camp fire scene when Irene talks about Teresa and Clare begins to weep. It's simple, yet touching and cathartic. The kind of emotion that it invokes pretty much sums up why I love the series.

I've watched that part repeatedly and I just can't watch it without getting a lump in the throat every time.
Old 2008-05-09, 18:39   Link #91
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheky View Post
Surprised that no one mentioned this one yet.

I really like the camp fire scene when Irene talks about Teresa and Clare begins to weep. It's simple, yet touching and cathartic. The kind of emotion that it invokes pretty much sums up why I love the series.

I've watched that part repeatedly and I just can't watch it without getting a lump in the throat every time.
I think that part could have been longer. I also think that Clare's training with Irene should have been longer and that we would know what happened to Irene once Raphaela showed herself because I have been waiting forever to find out if she is still alive or not.
Old 2008-05-14, 01:49   Link #92
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

For me besides the teresa arc the most moveing moment would have to be when Jean died. I know that many people have said this before me but still....

" Jean, No... this can't be true, please open you eyes.... Jean. How can this be!? Why did you die? I am the weakest of all Claymores!
Then why are you the one that is dead and not me.!?

That was almost as sad for me as Teresa's death. I really liked, Jean she was cool and perhaps the most honorable
of all of the Claymores. But more then that was Clares reaction to her death. It was the first time since Teresa died that
Clare has really broken down. She always is so so cold and the only emotion she ever shows is anger. I mean she shed a
few tears when she was with Ilena but that wasn't the same. Since Teresa died Clare hasn't cared about anything but revenge,
but with Raki's entrence Clare has been gaining friends and slowly opening herself back up again only to have Jean die. What's worse
she died saving her.

And more, for once we get a look at Clares insucurities. She calls herself the weakest Claymore. Whenever her rank has come
up in the past Clare had been calm about it and you had the feeling that she was going to try to 'prove them all wrong.' so to speak.
But this time Clare admites to bieng weak and helpless. I just feel that since Teresa died, that that was the worst thing to happen to Clare.
And at that point while I was sobbing with Clare,( NO... Not Jean! WAHHH), I was just thinking.
Leave Clare alone, hasn't she suffered enough?
Old 2008-05-14, 03:43   Link #93
Yosei
Death by writing

Galatea's entrance was pretty cool to me. After the crazy scenes with Ophelia, in which I don't think I've seen in other anime before, I seriously thought all the top 5 Claymores are whack and borderline insane (I hit the mark pretty much, for Alicia, Beth, and Ophelia anyways). But having a high-ranked warrior who actually cares for lower fighters (pretty much everyone is below Galatea in her generation aside from the two mindless twins) is something not so common, at least in my understanding of the Claymore world.

Either that, or Teresa's death. Usually in many stories the 'senior figure' to the protagonist usually doesnt die in an 'indignified' way, and even has time to say some meaningful last words to the main character before she dies. Claymore's different from that, and I appreciated it.
Old 2008-05-14, 16:48   Link #94
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
For me besides the teresa arc the most moveing moment would have to be when Jean died. I know that many people have said this before me but still....

" Jean, No... this can't be true, please open you eyes.... Jean. How can this be!? Why did you die? I am the weakest of all Claymores!
Then why are you the one that is dead and not me.!?

That was almost as sad for me as Teresa's death. I really liked, Jean she was cool and perhaps the most honorable
of all of the Claymores. But more then that was Clares reaction to her death. It was the first time since Teresa died that
Clare has really broken down. She always is so so cold and the only emotion she ever shows is anger. I mean she shed a
few tears when she was with Ilena but that wasn't the same. Since Teresa died Clare hasn't cared about anything but revenge,
but with Raki's entrence Clare has been gaining friends and slowly opening herself back up again only to have Jean die. What's worse
she died saving her.

And more, for once we get a look at Clares insucurities. She calls herself the weakest Claymore. Whenever her rank has come
up in the past Clare had been calm about it and you had the feeling that she was going to try to 'prove them all wrong.' so to speak.
But this time Clare admites to bieng weak and helpless. I just feel that since Teresa died, that that was the worst thing to happen to Clare.
And at that point while I was sobbing with Clare,( NO... Not Jean! WAHHH), I was just thinking.
Leave Clare alone, hasn't she suffered enough?
Thanks for reminding me how sad that was to watch.
Old 2008-05-20, 18:43   Link #95
Griffen-Derek

I got a few fav scenes in mind. Let's see:

In the manga:

The kiss - for being a surprise and showing Clare is clearly more human than common humans.

Jin's death - really touching.

Rigardo's death - "SUPERB" - not further comments needed

Clare's first fight against the 5 Youma - her strenght is so obvious they don't show it in the anime, only to enforce the doubts on Clare's really strenght... would be a great anime scene...

In the anime:

The monstrous clash of swords between Irene and Teresa, then between Teresa and Priscila.

The talks between Irene and Clare.

Clare's resolve to survive, right after Miria's first revelations. her willpower can be felt there. very intense.

The fear in Clare's eyes, seeing death under the madness of Ophelia.

Irene slashing Ofelia all over, thus saving Clare.

Clare in her black hood and suit, fighting Cid and Galk on the rooves with daggers. Extremely Elegant, Classy, Sexy!!! So Ghost-like!! And such a beauty!!!

Last edited by Griffen-Derek; 2008-05-20 at 18:46. Reason: I forgot to mention all of Flash Sword scenes
Old 2008-05-23, 05:51   Link #96
yurifan

Spoiler for fav scene:
Old 2008-05-24, 17:52   Link #97
Mandrake

The rooftop scene with the second fight between Galk and the other guy, trying to fight íncognito Clare. Ep 3. The cinematics plus animation and (my favourite Claymore music track) puts this scene in very high regards XD
Old 2008-06-06, 11:44   Link #98
Synyster

I love when Teresa dies. It's a very emotional moment.
Old 2008-06-24, 16:58   Link #99
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Send a message via ICQ to Ganshou-dono
when teresa died...that was really something...too sad and quite a suprise...

Spoiler for favorite scene:
Old 2008-06-24, 17:05   Link #100
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
My favorite scenes, in no particular order:

-the kiss scene between Clare and Raki.
-the battle of pieta Rigald was so cool.
-the fight between Isley and Luciella (sp?)
-the re-introduction of Raki.
-and of course the whole Teresa fiasco.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Closed Thread