AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2010-10-03, 21:44   Link #221
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Can we call Kirino an anti-otaku? Because unlike the ones portrayed in Welcome to the NHK!, she's actually famous, and is an overachiever like Haruka Nogizaka.

Or maybe she's just an otaku but not a hikkikomori.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 21:48   Link #222
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I enjoyed the 1st ep very much, it's got a odd but kinda cute OST to it that fits.
They seem to be following the LN well enough, just kinda skipping/leaving/reshuffling some stuff, alot less inner thoughts being said but I like that take on it.
Got the LN for that stuff.

Liking Ayana Tatetatsu as Kirino alot, very cute indeed. Nakamura as Kyousuke is great, no problems there.
Surprise here tho is Satou Satomi as Manami, just as I expect how she would sound but damn it fits so bloody well.
Looking forward to seeing the other characters.

I like how the stack of games is as tall as Kirnio, nothing says hardcore like having your game collection stack as tall as you but sadly most of them were doubles for some reason, thats pretty lazy work there lol.
Old 2010-10-03, 22:23   Link #223
ZeKeR
Superbad

haha TSUN sister WIN
Old 2010-10-03, 22:23   Link #224
Midonin
Last Engage

Breaking info of a newsy sort. (Gotta vary these things a little.)

According to the DVD releases, OreImo and Highschool of the Dead have one thing in common. A new ED theme sung every week by the same singer. Just replace "Maon Kurosaki" with "Ayana Taketatsu". The DVD releases list a new ED for episode two, and this will presumably repeat for all episodes beyond two.

I was wondering why an ED CD hadn't been listed yet...
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 22:51   Link #225
topboy
poor man

Anime pace is faster than manga, i wanna see ayase in anime soon (maybe episode 2 or 3).
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 23:17   Link #226
Westlo
Lets be reality

Watched the sub now and it was a fairly good episode, I'm liking Taketatsu's voice work for Kirino and Nakamura is good like usual. I hope Ms Normal Queen doesn't continue to be such a dull character, though not like she was given much chance to shine in this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
were you talking about this, perhaps? =>
Spoiler for supa-cute gifs:
I most certainly was, that scene was full of win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Kirino ones
I'll claim this thanks!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 23:23   Link #227
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Reminds me vocaloid song, honestly. There are too much unnecessary noise for me. Not saying about quality of video, but overall instrumental part was felt a bit jumbled. But I guess it will be better when I listen in much clearer version
you have a good ear, i knew that i recognise the style the moment i hear the song. after searching online it turns out that the song is produced by kz of livetune. though i am a bit suprised that they didn't ask HSP to write a song, i guess his style is too trancy.
cnnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 23:31   Link #228
Slayn

I find it funny that she has a couple of eroges that haven't even been released yet like for example ChuxChu Idol2 and it seems that I have played most of those eroges from her collection...

Nothing better than a bitch slap from your little sister to wake you up right? lol
Slayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 23:50   Link #229
pampz21
ShipCore

wow~ I like the male lead....koi- Imouto chara... shineo!~

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 23:53   Link #230
type-R!

Its somewhat funny imagining Gendou Ikari with an otaku daughter, although his and Kirino's dad personalities kinda match.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 00:28   Link #231
charizardpal
灼眼の

The anime pacing is faster, and I felt like there wasn't enough time devoted to showing just how icy their relationship was at the beginning...we never really get that iconic shot of her glaring at him. In the novel Kyosuke had more snarky thoughts, which both clarified the situation and interjected humor-I'd like to see translated in future episodes, but if the pacing is so rushed they can't include them. (Anyone know how many episodes there will be?)

Even though I'm slightly disappointed with the way it was adapted I still like it enough I'm going to keep watching it.

「心でなくちゃ、よく見えない。もののなかみは、目では見えない、ってこと。」
charizardpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 00:41   Link #232
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Her level of dislike seems to suggest that either he did something to her (don't think so from the story) or she's trying to deal with an inner desire to be like that. [...] I imagine she's afraid to be affectionate with her brother because she thinks she might want to be TOO affectionate, so she treats him like dirt and plays games where she can see girls act the way she wants to act (or thinks she does).
I think this is possible, but I'm not sure how far they'll go down this route. I suspect it has a bit more to do with Clarste's point about her being an overachiever. Like a lot of overachievers, she's rather image-conscious... perhaps even image-obsessed. She seems to have spent a lot of time building this smart, responsible persona that completely hides her true self. And living that sort of life... well, it's lonely, and as a result these sorts of people typically have a very hard time forming deep personal relationships with anyone (since they spend most of their time manipulating people's perception rather than being their true selves). So, I suspect you may be right that she is attracted to these games as part of a search for affection, but I don't know if it has anything to do with her actual brother. Until now she may have only seen him as a nuisance, but at least now she sees him as an ally. I'm not sure if she's ever actually given her "relationship" with him very much thought, and I actually suspect it doesn't have anything to do with why she finds little sisters cute in these games (despite "not" (in quotes) being a cute little sister herself)... but I guess we'll have to leave that for the show to tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charizardpal View Post
(Anyone know how many episodes there will be?)
It'll be one-cour. Probably 12 episodes on TV, and maybe a few home media-exclusive episodes as bonuses.

(As a general reminder to the thread: any story comparisons made to the novels or manga must be in properly-labeled spoiler tags. And you may not spoil any future events, even behind spoiler tags. Please consult the Spoiler Policy for more information.)
Old 2010-10-04, 01:05   Link #233
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

By the way, I watched the episode and I noticed at the start that Kirino's hair is brown.
Judging from how Kyousuke badmouthed Kirino in the dream makes me think that Kirino transformed herself because of Kyousuke. It's possible that she longed to be treated like a younger sister but her overachievement made her distant from mediocrity-loving Kyousuke.

Thus the becoming a model, thus the eroge, thus what's going on right now.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-10-04, 01:06   Link #234
Clarste
Human

No, I think she's just trendy and fashionable and highlights her hair, unlike the meek and traditional image of the little sister that she herself fetishizes.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 01:49   Link #235
Falkor

some freebies:

Spoiler for sigs:
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 01:51   Link #236
Jze0
Hmmm...

Awesome, just watched the first episode moments ago and I'm loving it so far. Faithful adaption from what I've seen and I really liked the original opening scene in the beginning, quite funny and good introduction to the series. And yes I agree with everyone else, Kirino is too damn cute.
Old 2010-10-04, 02:00   Link #237
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Claimed the sig.

Old 2010-10-04, 02:14   Link #238
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I wonder if I shouldn't be a bit scared by the fact I recognized 80% of the eroge there
And as expected, she does have Sister Princess, although for odd reason she isn't showing it as her favourite game considering her fetish

Kyousuke has the good role for the tsukkomi and choosing Nakamura for this was definitely a good call.
As for Kirino, I will join the "odd" faction: I really can't see much "tsundere" archtype in her, more like she is just centred about her own person and got curious about Kyou since he plainly didn't laugh at her about her hobby.
Suffice to say, although her antics are amusing, I see a lot of issues regarding her self cautious personality (or rather, lack of consideration of third party point of view that doesn't match what she wants) and her interactions with Kyou. For that matter, I prefer Kyousuke compared to Kirino as a whole.

Anyway, an amusing series and the pospect seems to be fairly large enough to have various situations. Hopefully, they will keep it fresh, because the setup can be underused, recycling jokes with kirino ad nauseam in the worst case scenario.

That said... why did Kirino buy several copies of the exact same games? It isn't even about LE and regular, as she has several copies of the same box of Flyable Heart etc.
I guess the studio couldn't have enough permissions but didn't want to use too much anime parodies... Well, just the idea to put a "mountain" of eroge although the vast majority doesn't have any imouto in there.
But why changing Chihaya's hair into red? Replacing her with Yuiko for Natsuzora cover? *grunts*
Old 2010-10-04, 02:23   Link #239
Jarmel

Anyone got a name for the song that played at the end of this episode. I liked it alot.

Overall it's okay but I wonder what route this is going.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 02:50   Link #240
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Kyousuke has the good role for the tsukkomi and choosing Nakamura for this was definitely a good call.[/SIZE][/I]
He kind of fails as a tsukkomi though, when he doesn't say anything about the most obvious tsukkomi he should have done... Her age and the age restriction of the games she was playing.
But... maybe that was skipped on purpose? So they don't point out something that could possible cause a bit of real life trouble?
Some games appeared in the anime itself, but mysteriously, some companies were not listed in the credits, like August, despite their Yoake game appearing on the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That said... why did Kirino buy several copies of the exact same games?
Who was it... Konata? That said you buy three copies for different uses.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen