AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2013-03-17, 17:38   Link #181
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
K-On!

Enough said.
This is what I get for not watching K-On season 2.

Edit: I did say rarely, and Kyo Ani have too many good series under their belt with K-On arguably being the creme de la creme of their productions with the other contender being Haruhi Suzumiya series.
Totally forgot that Haruhi Suzumiya got a bigger episode count sequel than the first season/facepalm

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-03-17 at 23:46.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 00:32   Link #182
Haiprbim
Banned

If we go deeper into this number-of-episodes discussion, can anyone share a link of where we can see just how successful the First Season was?
How much money (Yen) did the animation bring and how much is that more/less than what the LN and Manga brought?

Thanks in front!
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 06:41   Link #183
GVN.Chaos

Say, if the DVD commentary is trustable, then episode 20 of ss2 would be as far as volume 8 chapter 3. So with 24 episode, my best bet is they will stop at end of volume 9.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 07:52   Link #184
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3tr View Post
If we go deeper into this number-of-episodes discussion, can anyone share a link of where we can see just how successful the First Season was?
How much money (Yen) did the animation bring and how much is that more/less than what the LN and Manga brought?

Thanks in front!
Checking the info on this thread, Oreimo sold an average of 23,890 (4,969 DVDs and 18,921 BDs) per volume. Selling that much means it was very successful. (the amount you need to sell to pay for the cost of the production is around 3000-5000, I believe).
Old 2013-03-18, 20:13   Link #185
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Say, if the DVD commentary is trustable, then episode 20 of ss2 would be as far as volume 8 chapter 3. So with 24 episode, my best bet is they will stop at end of volume 9.
I thought that the PV explicitly stated that they will animate everything up to the last LN volume?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 00:54   Link #186
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Checking the info on this thread, Oreimo sold an average of 23,890 (4,969 DVDs and 18,921 BDs) per volume. Selling that much means it was very successful. (the amount you need to sell to pay for the cost of the production is around 3000-5000, I believe).
I see, thank-you very much.
Old 2013-03-19, 07:15   Link #187
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I thought that the PV explicitly stated that they will animate everything up to the last LN volume?
24 Episode to get to volume 9 or 10. Add some OVA to the the rest. Problem solved. Anyone has watched till that time won't be able to drop out.
Old 2013-03-19, 16:21   Link #188
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
24 Episode to get to volume 9 or 10. Add some OVA to the the rest. Problem solved. Anyone has watched till that time won't be able to drop out.
24 Episodes would be awesome, we can only hope that comes true now, hehe.
Old 2013-03-25, 19:51   Link #189
Distance 13
Certified Otaku

so when season 2 end the light novel comes out?
Distance 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 23:53   Link #190
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distance 13 View Post
so when season 2 end the light novel comes out?
Maybe. That's the way Tora*Dora finished out and it was quite profitable for the franchise.
Old 2013-03-27, 18:18   Link #191
SeanJD

I am really looking forward to watching season 2. I have only begun to read the light novels so I hope it will cover to the point after the true route after Kyousuke decided to help Kirino to come back to Japan. This might be off-topic, but this will be my first time that I will participate in the anime discussion for the series.
SeanJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 21:48   Link #192
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanJD View Post
I am really looking forward to watching season 2. I have only begun to read the light novels so I hope it will cover to the point after the true route after Kyousuke decided to help Kirino to come back to Japan. This might be off-topic, but this will be my first time that I will participate in the anime discussion for the series.
Same here. I really liked Season 1 when it first aired in Fall 2010, but it wasn't until Summer 2011 that I re-watched the show and became a huge fan since then. So it's going to be nice to talk about Season 2 for once with fellow fans.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 22:51   Link #193
finalfury
Incognito

I'm ready to face the flamming, trolling, and downright awesome firestorm that will happen. Let's see if the Kirino haters come back for season 2. I'm looking forward to discussing this season with fans as well.
Old 2013-03-28, 01:24   Link #194
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm just going to enjoy the season no matter how it pans out. I will probably cry if the cast doesn't all get a decent amount of screen time. And I hope I don't feel like the characters were jerked around to their final positions like a bad puppet show.

That last thing is my most frequent complaint about many series. Basically the writer forces the solution without providing believable rationale for the path. So far that hasn't been a severe problem with this series. I could even follow Kuroneko's rationale for our 'hero' needing to get his shit together before he and her could proceeed.
Old 2013-03-28, 04:19   Link #195
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
I'm ready to face the flamming, trolling, and downright awesome firestorm that will happen. Let's see if the Kirino haters come back for season 2. I'm looking forward to discussing this season with fans as well.
So there are haters...
Nevertheless, I'm always ready to discuss with someone who has constructive feedback on the anime, if it is positive or negative.
As I have voted the 1st season to be a 10/10, I'm expecting greatness from the 2nd season as well. :D
Old 2013-03-28, 07:41   Link #196
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
So there are haters...
Nevertheless, I'm always ready to discuss with someone who has constructive feedback on the anime, if it is positive or negative.
As I have voted the 1st season to be a 10/10, I'm expecting greatness from the 2nd season as well.
As far as I know hater and troller rarely give any feedback, they mostly say something and refuse to listen to others.
And actually, both Kirino and Kyousuke's behavior is ...well, understandable for me at least. But for Western viewer, without proper understanding of Japanese cutural, I guess it didnt make much sense for them
Old 2013-03-28, 08:16   Link #197
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
As far as I know hater and troller rarely give any feedback, they mostly say something and refuse to listen to others.
Well, I take a Hater and a Troll as two totally different kinds.
I understand a Hater to be someone who disagrees on a bit rougher way, while a Troll to be someone who makes fun of someone/something, by hurting it on purpose.
Well, that's at least how I understand the two, hehe.

Quote:
And actually, both Kirino and Kyousuke's behavior is ...well, understandable for me at least. But for Western viewer, without proper understanding of Japanese cutural, I guess it didnt make much sense for them
Totally agree.
I am from Central Europe, but I still do know quite a lot about Japan and it's culture so that may be the reason why I loved the sister-brother relationship.
Who knows if it would be different if I wouldn't, hehe. Yet another proof that knowledge is power. :D
Old 2013-03-28, 08:37   Link #198
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Totally agree.
I am from Central Europe, but I still do know quite a lot about Japan and it's culture so that may be the reason why I loved the sister-brother relationship.
Who knows if it would be different if I wouldn't, hehe. Yet another proof that knowledge is power.
In my case, it's because I'm in quite similar situation Kirino acted tsuntsun because (in my opinion) in her eyes someone who never cared about her suddenly acted like they cared. She bared her fang, of course. And in Eastern cutural, if the mother is good enough, then yes, the elder one will act like Kyousuke. They might fight, but they will defend each others when comfort with outsider. Of course, going as far as scream "Eroge is my soul" or "I'm fcking love my little sister" is an unique case )
Old 2013-03-29, 22:29   Link #199
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Season 2 will be 16 episodes long. Episodes 1-13 will run on TV as usual with 14-16 aired in one sitting (likely streamed). Stories in the LN not covered in the anime will be packaged as audio dramas with the BD/DVDs.
Confirmed from ACE.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 22:54   Link #200
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Season 2 will be 16 episodes long. Episodes 1-13 will run on TV as usual with 14-16 aired in one sitting (likely streamed). Stories in the LN not covered in the anime will be packaged as audio dramas with the BD/DVDs.
Confirmed from ACE.
So same as first season pretty much. Time to meditate in order to be able to handle all that rushing and editing. GVN. Chaos, if life is kind enough to you, after these three months, please translate volume 12. Thank You Kindly.
Any confirmation on OVA's being released unless ONA = OVA?