AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-21, 14:52   Link #2241
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
THE CONCERT SCENE IS SO DAMN BRIGHT!

Also...................they better not end here...D:<
does acchan make an appearance? :O I hope it's not just a flashback

I really can't wait for this episode. I just hope there is a second season.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-21, 15:42   Link #2242
Shikijin

-Finding at once 9 new VAs able to sing was unprecedented even for Kawamori. Listening to their tapes, he noticed there were indeed many who liked anime and there were many able to talk like characters do in an anime, but even though they were skilled he purposefully removed those girls from the selection because it defeated the purpose of choosing people outside the world of anime business.

-Kawamori found the girls were quick-witted, he thought it must be because of things like the handshake events, during which they must reply to 2000 persons in a day, choosing the best reply they could think of.

-Kawamori selected 30 girls, which then had to go through another round, a public audition. Some of them were trembling, because they really wanted to become a VA. They were still able to say their lines well, even improving from the first audition.

-After choosing 9 girls, Kawamori also choosed their roles. The moment he gave instructions for the role the girls changed their voice. Nagisa's VA was especially quick at changing her voice. Her voice was gloomy at first, but then she became cheerful.

-Mayuyu was delighted to see the character inspired from her.

-It would have been impossible to draw by hand up to 16 characters singing and dancing, it would have taken up resources for the other parts. The part where Kawamori wanted to focus was the psychological drama.

-Kawamori praised the French staff for their good aesthetical sense and reliableness.

-For the last episode, the drama of each character will be further accelerated, and we will see it in an assembled form. The interviewer commented that Kawamori anime go the opposite of what fans predicted, but Kawamori remarked that was just Aquarion EVOL, AKB0048 is a straight ball, so straight people might not expect it.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 15:43   Link #2243
Kazu-kun

https://twitter.com/Thomasintokyo

Thomas Romain
Quote:
Tomorrow will air the last episode of AKB0048. I don't know. Something tells me that maybe this will not end here yet...

Welp, this guy is dropping hints as if he knows there will be more, so let's hope he isn't just trolling.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
-Mayuyu was delighted to see the character inspired from her.
Is she talking about Mayuyu MK3 or Chieri (since it's obvious Chieri's design was inspired by Mayuyu too)??

Quote:
-For the last episode, the drama of each character will be further accelerated, and we will see it in an assembled form. The interviewer commented that Kawamori anime go the opposite of what fans predicted, but Kawamori remarked that was just Aquarion EVOL, AKB0048 is a straight ball, so straight people might not expect it.
Thanks god. AKB doesn't need the sort of shit that went on with Aquarion Evol.
Old 2012-07-21, 16:00   Link #2244
mochichan

EVOL would be so much better without the focus on the love triangles...so yeah..I get the straight ball thing that Kawamori said about this series tho

OMFG..PLEASE!!!!!!111 2ND SEASON!
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 16:31   Link #2245
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Welp, this guy is dropping hints as if he knows there will be more, so let's hope he isn't just trolling.
I'm fairly certainly he mentioned on a forum before the series started that it was intended to be 26 episodes, but in split-cour format. He probably won't officially say it on Twitter, otherwise he could get into trouble with the producers.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 16:38   Link #2246
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I'm fairly certainly he mentioned on a forum before the series started that it was intended to be 26 episodes, but in split-cour format.
At that time he only said the possibility to go further than the 13 episodes was on the table. That hardly means anything really.

Now that the series is about to end I assume he must be aware if they're really going to continue. We'll see.
Old 2012-07-21, 17:00   Link #2247
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
WTF, Aquarion EVOL wasn't straight? Well, apart from the whole 'who is the REAL taiyou no tsubasa' business... from the romance, to the villain, and even to the final resolution, it was actually pretty straightforward.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 17:05   Link #2248
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
from the romance, to the villain, and even to the final resolution, it was actually pretty straightforward.
According to some interview Okada convinced all the staff that the way she was writing the romance was somehow innovative and unique. It looks like Kawamori really bought her bullshit.
Old 2012-07-21, 17:52   Link #2249
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
At that time he only said the possibility to go further than the 13 episodes was on the table. That hardly means anything really.

Now that the series is about to end I assume he must be aware if they're really going to continue. We'll see.
That's not what he said here though.

Quote:
La premiere serie doit faire 13 episodes et une suite d'autant d'episodes est prevue pour peu de temps apres (je ne sais pas si j'ai le droit de le dire, mais bon...).
Nothing about it being a possibility. He says the first series is 13 episodes, and they are planning another series which is as long shortly after that. He even says that he might not have permission to reveal this. Lol.
Old 2012-07-21, 18:04   Link #2250
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Nothing about it being a possibility.
He said there are plans. That's what I call a possibility. Besides he's not talking about one series split into two cours, but two series, of which the second is only planned but not confirmed.

I bet this kind of setup allows them to end the story at 13 episodes if the plans for the second series don't come to fruition.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-07-21 at 18:33.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 18:34   Link #2251
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
He said there are plans. That's what I call a possibility. Besides he's not talking about one series split into two cours, but two series, of which the second is only planned but not confirmed.

This kind of setup allows them to end the story at 13 episodes if the plans for the second series don't come to fruition.
I don't agree. Split cour shows in Japan these days are produced in the exact way he mentioned. The first series is 12-13 episodes, and a second of about the same length is planned to continue shortly after the first one ends. This is not very different from Medaka Box, where the second season was not "confirmed" until the final episode aired. But before the first season even started, Moon Phase had already heard that it is a split-cour show, and mentioned it.

I'm pretty confident that when the final episode airs tonight, it'll announce a second series, just as planned.
Old 2012-07-21, 18:39   Link #2252
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I don't agree.
You don't have to. It's not like either of us has any proof to begin with.

Quote:
I'm pretty confident that when the final episode airs tonight, it'll announce a second series, just as planned.
Your confidence is awe-inspiring.
Old 2012-07-21, 18:51   Link #2253
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Your confidence is awe-inspiring.
My confidence is supported by the fact that the series is clearly not ending in ep13. There is basically zero likelihood they will be able to tie up any major plot points or character arcs in the remaining episode. The anime is selling poorly either, so there's no reason they would have cancelled plans to continue with a second season shortly after, like they intended.
Old 2012-07-21, 18:53   Link #2254
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
THE CONCERT SCENE IS SO DAMN BRIGHT!

Also...................they better not end here...D:<
does acchan make an appearance? :O I hope it's not just a flashback

Spoiler for Video:

I love how even at the very last PV, they still manage to throw subtle reference for fans.

The line where Kanata says "Iku yo minna, PARTY ga hajimaru yo!!" or "Let's go everyone, party is about to start!!"

PARTY ga Hajimaru Yo!! is the very first stage (A1) for Team A which also makes it the the very first AKB stage. It also serves as Team K and Team S' 1st stage.
Old 2012-07-21, 19:00   Link #2255
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I don't mind looking silly if I'm wrong, after all we'll know within 14-15 hours.

I will keep the hope of more AKB0048 alive! ^_^
Old 2012-07-21, 19:04   Link #2256
Kazu-kun

I want them to continue too so I don't mind if I'm wrong either!
Old 2012-07-21, 21:33   Link #2257
mochichan

Quote:
My confidence is supported by the fact that the series is clearly not ending in ep13. There is basically zero likelihood they will be able to tie up any major plot points or character arcs in the remaining episode. The anime is selling poorly either, so there's no reason they would have cancelled plans to continue with a second season shortly after, like they intended.
7990 copies isn't exactly poorly.
According to the 2ch chart, it's considered a hit to sell 7000 copies and already guarantee 2nd season http://2chan.us/wordpress/2010/05/03/2ch-sales-numbers/
I think it's poor in term of being an AKB stuff tho but w/e.

Their sales aren't that much lower than Hyouka.

edit.

Quote:
AKB0048
‏@AKB0048_anime

Following

【ラジオ】「AKB0048」のWEBラジオ番組が始まります!番組タイトルは「AKB004 8 in仲谷明香(仮)」!!パーソナリティは番組タイトルどおり、77期研究生・藍田織音役の仲谷明香さんで す! #akb0048 #akb48
Something about a web radio and Nakaya Sayaka..who voice Orine if I remember right.

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-07-21 at 22:45.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 23:22   Link #2258
Raiga
tl;dr

That's pretty much all it says. "AKB0048 in Nakaya Sayaka (temp)" hosted by Nakaya Sayaka, the voice of Aida Orine.

Tweets can only be so informative in 140 characters :P
Old 2012-07-21, 23:42   Link #2259
mechdra

I think there is another factor we need to consider whether there will be season 2, the sales of the No Name's CD. If the sales for the CD is not good, do you think there will be season 2?
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 23:52   Link #2260
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
If the sales for the CD is not good, do you think there will be season 2?
It's freaking Mayuyu we're talking about. There's no chance the sales will be no good.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime