AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-08-12, 01:45   Link #61
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedge
Watch the full series of FMA in like... 2-3 days >.>;
Geezus, how could you do that? I would be in a state of morbid depression by Hughes phone-call ep...I don't think it's ever wise to marathon a series like that because you take anticipation out of the equation...One of the best things to me about FMA was pining for the next episode and trying to figure certain things out on my own...I mean the preview for the next episode could have your imagination go overrdrive...

Quote:
Personally, I feel that War is one of these grim dark topic... and I'm excited that about a director who had previously dealt with some heavy theme take on the next Gundam project. (rather than glossing war out as just another backdrop for protecting your "friends" kind of story).
I hope they hired him for his grim presentation of War....I loved the way FMA ended too without giving you a smiley-face finality...I even really enjoyed the whole theme of the movie which ends the series..If you can get pass the Nazi stuff which irked me a bit (I mean Maes Hughes a Nazi? ), it's still pretty awesome...I don't know what else he's done to truly judge, but I know I loved FMA and i know I want a new Gundam director ASAP, so it is what it is...

Like Fukuda(mostly SEED, not GSD) I think he is a genious with dealing with dramatic intensity...But the pacing of FMA and the exploration of themes are beyond exceptional in comparison to C.E. series IMO...It's all about presentation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay
While I'd also like to see more CE I'm suspicious this is the new UC show that was rumored last summer around this time.
I know I might be a tool for this, but I'd love another story featuring Char, or something like Gaia gear featuring a clone of Char...maybe something that bridges Zeta and CCA (Maybe something that bridges CCA and Crossbone)...I want the big boys rather than a super nuianced side-story...I want something that's 3 times as good ...Shoot me I would just love more Char with a 2007 budget and animation quality...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-08-12 at 01:57.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 03:49   Link #62
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
I do hope that it will be a SEED series. There's still so much they can explore, especially with Mizushima at the helm, just as long as they keep it as distanced as possible from the previous two series'.

I really hope it isn't UC. UC has been drilled in the ground far more than CE has, and it would be a shame to just abandon CE at this point when there's still so much that can be explored.
Pepperidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 04:19   Link #63
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

I don´t know. I do want a third season of SEED but with the movie coming... I don´t think they will give us a third season before the movie.

And we also have the Destiny SE´s which still are far from finished.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 05:24   Link #64
NeonZ

Quote:
However, I am still a little worried if Seiji's has only directed FMA that he may not be able to deliever what he did with FMA in a Gundam series, as FMA are based on manga, which means, it has a clear vision, theme, character development, and story/setting backdrop and heck even keyframe layouts before the animation even start.
FMA's last arcs actually aren't based on the manga. So, just watch them to see an original production from him...

He also directed:

DaiGuard
Shaman King
Slayers NEXT
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 05:40   Link #65
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperidge
I do hope that it will be a SEED series. There's still so much they can explore, especially with Mizushima at the helm, just as long as they keep it as distanced as possible from the previous two series'.

I really hope it isn't UC. UC has been drilled in the ground far more than CE has, and it would be a shame to just abandon CE at this point when there's still so much that can be explored.
I also want another Seed show. But I also want another Wing show another UC show ect....I really want another Wing show. I want to see Zechs with seed like animation. Another G gundam show would be cool to.

Yeah, I know. It aint about to happen. WE are probably goona get some crap with not enough gundam battles and a alot of episodes of all talking. I hate episodes with all talking. They they talk about shit no boddy cares about. If your gonna have episodes with all talking they need to be talking about battle tactics, piloting skill, ect.

That mini rant came from nowere.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 08:05   Link #66
shaolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
I also want another Seed show. But I also want another Wing show another UC show ect....I really want another Wing show. I want to see Zechs with seed like animation. Another G gundam show would be cool to.

Yeah, I know. It aint about to happen. WE are probably goona get some crap with not enough gundam battles and a alot of episodes of all talking. I hate episodes with all talking. They they talk about shit no boddy cares about. If your gonna have episodes with all talking they need to be talking about battle tactics, piloting skill, ect.

That mini rant came from nowere.
I feel you pain.
shaolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 10:52   Link #67
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I find it funny that some of you are expecting FMA level of Gundam awesomeness when Seiji was merely a director and storyboarder, totally uninvolved with the original story and original anime add-ons. Sure, a director's work can be seen through the level of the anime, but if I want to be critical about Seiji's works..... I can say that Dai-Guard, Zaion, Shaman King and Generator Gawl weren't very impressive. They weren't bad by any means, but not impressive IMO. Slayers NEXT and FMA needs no words, but his inconsistency proves that his level of work is more or so determined by his source material aka script writer. Though I definitely want him on the storyboard though.

Reserving comments until I see who's writing the script.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 11:11   Link #68
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Um... the Director does a hell of alot more than you think. He makes script modifications, throws out complete episodes, draws storyboards, etc. He's not just a puppet barking orders at the people.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 11:25   Link #69
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
Um... the Director does a hell of alot more than you think. He makes script modifications, throws out complete episodes, draws storyboards, etc. He's not just a puppet barking orders at the people.
Did I make it look like I was generalizing a Director's work that much?

I know how important a director's role is (( I'm a director myself for some of my university's plays, video shoots, etc )) but I also know that while he is the pillar of the show's foundation, his name alone (( unless he's involved in EVERY part of the anime production )) isn't what will determine if an anime turns out good or bad.

Anyway, some of his works left me far from impressed. My point stays. I'm reserving thoughts until I see his crew of scriptwriters and his animation crew.
Old 2006-08-12, 11:34   Link #70
NeonZ

They should go with only 1 or 2 scriptwriters, like in Gundam X... At least, that should avoid plot holes and sudden changes in the direction of the anime's plot.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 11:53   Link #71
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ
They should go with only 1 or 2 scriptwriters, like in Gundam X... At least, that should avoid plot holes and sudden changes in the direction of the anime's plot.
hmmm.....IMO whatever they did to WIng they should do with the next gundam Show.
Old 2006-08-12, 11:59   Link #72
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
hmmm.....IMO whatever they did to WIng they should do with the next gundam Show.
You want the script writers of the next Gundam series to walk out and boycott like what they did to Wing?

Wow.
Old 2006-08-12, 14:49   Link #73
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
I find it funny that some of you are expecting FMA level of Gundam awesomeness when Seiji was merely a director and storyboarder, totally uninvolved with the original story and original anime add-ons. Sure, a director's work can be seen through the level of the anime, but if I want to be critical about Seiji's works..... I can say that Dai-Guard, Zaion, Shaman King and Generator Gawl weren't very impressive. They weren't bad by any means, but not impressive IMO. Slayers NEXT and FMA needs no words, but his inconsistency proves that his level of work is more or so determined by his source material aka script writer. Though I definitely want him on the storyboard though.

Reserving comments until I see who's writing the script.
People are feeling a bit giddy and optimistic and you know why...Don't you understand that people can be soured by one series so much that they don't wanna hear it?? Nobody's saying ________didn't do a good job in other $hit, but I'm certainley willing to give somebody else a chance...The dude failed and it's looking more and more like it wasn't even bandai's fault as VCV surmised we would have definatley heard something by now (Bandai's image would have been crushed by an unprecedented production stoppage--This is about as horrible as things can get for a director)...Homeboy has admitted his own vision for the show wasn't even close to achieved, OK...So let us be happy, even if it's just a rumor it's hope for some of us...You can be the best director on the planet, but you're only as good as your last series...

We all know _______ has and will probably never throw his wife under a bus and the premise of another SEED series tag-teamed by those two scare the f*ck outta me...Generator Gawl was dope (The plot had some nice suprises), Shaman King was dope as far as kiddie shonens go, haven't seen Slayers NEXT, but FMA was phenomenal...New vision, new blood, lets do it....You f*ck up Gundam you do not pass Go, you donot collect 200 bucks...I'm not sure but I don't think anyone has directed more than 2 G-series other than the inventor of the genre...Why should that change?

_______ will work again, but hopefully not on Gundam (as a director that is)....If I was trying to start a new SOOOOOOPA-ROBOS kids mecha battler I'd hire him in a second...He'll get work because he makes people money, but let us bask in some potential positive news...The fact that Bandai would even hire sonmeone who isn't automatically known for SOOOPA-ROBOS, whose totally in contrast to their last hire that was for scoring big bucks in commercial campaigns tells me a little something...
Old 2006-08-12, 17:08   Link #74
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Bandai didn't hire him... Sunrise did.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 17:59   Link #75
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
After a few months of nothing long spanning, im able to say i am optimistic even if Fukuda and his life partner are behind it. I say it with an eerie smile, but i don't think it can be as bad as GSD was in some peoples opinion. But thats my 2 scents.
Old 2006-08-13, 00:47   Link #76
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
You want the script writers of the next Gundam series to walk out and boycott like what they did to Wing?

Wow.
You know what I mean. I want a nother season like wing.
Old 2006-08-13, 01:35   Link #77
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
You know what I mean. I want a nother season like wing.
Actually, I'm a bit confused as well, you want another series like Wing but you don't want any talking. Wing, to my knowledge, is one of the Gundam series with the most dailogue. Characters go on long semi-philosophical or socio-political tiraids for entire episodes even while they are fighting, it was one of the things that made Wing what it was, but you don't want that?

You want Wing, without all the talk that made Wing Wing, and it to be reduced to nothing more than 24 minute episodes where a whole bunch of stuff blows up for absolutely no reason?
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 01:39   Link #78
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Actually, I'm a bit confused as well, you want another series like Wing but you don't want any talking. Wing, to my knowledge, is one of the Gundam series with the most dailogue. Characters go on long semi-philosophical tiraids for entire episodes even while they are fighting, it was one of the things that made Wing what it was, but you don't want that?

You want Wing, without all the talk that made Wing Wing, and it to be reduced to nothing more than 24 minute episodes where a whole bunch of stuff blows up for absolutely no reason?
No. I don't want to go 2-3 episodes with no fighting like in the CE. I don't mind talkin as long as it doesn't go on for 2-3 episodes. As long as the Talking is about something importing and doesn't does't drag on for 2-3 episodes I'm fine with it.
Old 2006-08-13, 07:11   Link #79
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copy Ninja Kakashi
"Moonphase reports a new Gundam series is under consideration for Oct 2007 directed by Seiji Mizushima, director of Full Metal Alchemist. If true, it will occupy the Saturday 6pm slot on TBS. Currently Blood+ occupies this slot with Aykashi Ayashi taking over this Fall. This info is based on leaked internal source so take it with grain of salt."

I hope it's true and hopefully there will be a new CE story (sorry UC fans)

link: http://aeug.blogspot.com/
Smells like hype building to me, but whatever comes comes, I'm not going to have any expectations this time around. I pity any director that takes on the Gundam tv series of today, it's a 25 min commercial anyway. Money first, story second. I can't blame them for wanting to make a buck anyway.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 07:37   Link #80
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
I want fanboys to stop deciding on the direction of a Gundam show. GSD is a good example.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote