Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-11-08, 06:46   Link #61
willem113
I wanna go peeping ^^

Send a message via MSN to willem113
tragic Death:

Treize Khushrenada - Such a great character did not deserve to die.
willem113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 08:32   Link #62
Elluh

Even the series wasn't one of the best,Tolle's death from Gundam Seed really touched home.

Didn't feel as bad for Nicol because he's a Gundam pilot.It was a little sad when Athrun goes to Nicol's parents house and breaks them the news.
Elluh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 23:31   Link #63
Zero system

I cant believe that no one posted this one yet

Spoiler for Victory Gundam:

also in the category of wtf or how in hell did he manage to die that way death is

Spoiler for GSD:

But my favorite death scenes were

Spoiler for GS and wing:

I wouldn't put any death in victory as "memorable" because of the number of death, at one point I was: meh +1 on the list
Zero system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 16:54   Link #64
Lowell1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i do have to give shinn props for coming up with such a brilliant attack plan to battle freedom.
Shinn was not brilliant, the director was brillant....uhhhh, to some extent at that moment at least.

But in the end no factors matter at all in these situations. As long as the director wants to, a grandma in an oldsmobile could of defeated a destroy gundam by running it over....actually that gives me an idea.......

As for deaths Stellar's death could of being much more memorable had they protrayed Shinn and Stella better. Stella was tragic Shinn's only strong attachment after such a long time, yet they failed to show the significance of that attachment well in the series to elevate her death. Had more time being redirected from useless scenes of Shinn shooting down grunts to his relationship build up with stella it woould have been much better. As far as I remember, the only relation-building times Shinn and Stella had was in 1 episode only.....bah

Last edited by Lowell1025; 2007-11-16 at 17:12.
Lowell1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 06:24   Link #65
rik
Ace_of_Something_really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowell1025 View Post

As for deaths Stellar's death could of being much more memorable had they protrayed Shinn and Stella better. Stella was tragic Shinn's only strong attachment after such a long time, yet they failed to show the significance of that attachment well in the series to elevate her death. Had more time being redirected from useless scenes of Shinn shooting down grunts to his relationship build up with stella it woould have been much better. As far as I remember, the only relation-building times Shinn and Stella had was in 1 episode only.....bah
Stellar's death somewhat resembles Four Murasame's (destroy....psycho) except that amuro did not kill four.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 21:20   Link #66
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
hm, tragic death in Gundam:

Char and Amuro in CCA: More so on Amuro's part than Char's given that Amuro never wanted to join the ESFS at the start of MSG and spent most of his adult life, roughly 15 years, serving the military he never wanted to join in the first place, got no reconigition for it and later was deemed the enemy of all spacnoids (Turn A Gundam, they mention the name Shiro Akuma as the enemy of all spacnoids, Amuro's nickname was Shiro Akuma, aka white devil.) That said, I like how they died though, I guess he said damn you Char cause he hate him that much. Gotta love the combat leading up to their death's, not content with merely fighting in MS's the two of them fight it out in normal suits as well

Following closely: Emma in Zeta Gundam.

Lacan/Grahf

Last edited by idofgrahf; 2007-12-11 at 21:51.
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 22:39   Link #67
msea

Hmm, Emma's death is a little unexpected in the series imo. But as for me;

Deaths that I'll always remember:
1.)CCA: How Amuro and Char died, its memorable
2.)Zeta: How Emma died, I nearly cried.
3.)G: How master asia died, I cried for the first time.
4.)GS: Mwu's supposed death, it just reminds me of Amuro one way or another
5.)Zeta: Four's death, I didn't expect that.

Deaths I LOL'ed at:
1.)GSD: How Yuna died, I LOL'ed hard, nearly celebrated.
2.)GSD: Kira's supposed death, I nearly LOL'ed until I remembered the cockpit's location.
msea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 11:15   Link #68
billbrown
Failing Silent Assassin

Awesome deaths go to Mwu's "death" in SEED and Norris from 08th MS Team, really good stuff. Treize gets a nod here as well.

Tragic would be Nicole.

Lolworthy would be Heine and Fllay. I'm sorry, I disliked Fllay's character so much and I found the fashion of her death to be really amusing sadistic as it may sound.
billbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 04:34   Link #69
extend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yeah, Shinn gets props. He had every psychological advantage in the book. Even in terms of pure Gundam physics, the Impulse, despite its shortcomings when compared to the Freedom, was not all that bad, really.

- Tak
A what if situation-(take the Minerva out of the scene), shin could have been forced to escape along with his core splendor when kira sliced of Impulse's left arm and head. Impulse is incomplete without Minerva.
extend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 22:20   Link #70
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

LOL:
Fllay, Jona. Nuff said on both.

Tragic:
Niccol--poor guy!
Meer--this is why it was tragic: WE WERE ROBBED OF A LACUS/MEER ANGEL BATH! IF THAT IS NOT TRAGIC, WHAT IS!?

Badass:
Mwu--what a badass way to go out. And then he's so awesome that he comes back anyway!
Old 2008-01-04, 23:36   Link #71
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero system View Post

also in the category of wtf or how in hell did he manage to die that way death is

Spoiler for GSD:

I can't believe it took till the 4th page for someone to mention this one. That one is my own personal favorite wtf death. A perfect end to a HORRIBLE character.

As for my own contribution I'd have to say Andrew Bartfield's "death" in GS was quite the memorable on screen death. He knows he's done and he and his wife unstrap their seatbelts and embrace before the end. But how in the world did Andrew bartfield survive!!
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 20:26   Link #72
bahftw

Send a message via AIM to bahftw Send a message via Yahoo to bahftw
hmmm, the most memorable death...hmmmm.. in 0079 when the prince pulls the camkazi (sp?) on white base i lold so hard, cuz it was a stupid last ditch effort
bahftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 20:29   Link #73
Nu Gundam

Spoiler for Small V Gundam Spoiler:
Nu Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 03:11   Link #74
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

nicol and mu (at the moment when GSD wasnt even out yet, when that happen i was thinking: "damn wtf, why the coo guy die for" especially since he was hooking up with the hot captain)

i disliked flay's character (but not her role) mostly throught GS, but at the end it seem like she was understanding her own feelings which gave her some redeeming quality, too bad she never got to say her final true feelings to kira so it was pretty sad even though it is hinted that her feelings reach kira in a ghost/hallucination form....at the end she was truely only thinking about kira as she died

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-01-10 at 03:22.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 03:26   Link #75
amiantos

Only one that really ever got to me and still does every time I watch it was Master Asia. I cry every time I watch him die.
amiantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 15:26   Link #76
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Death that made me sad:

Nicol's death (who but a madman would not feel sorry when such an innocent light fades?)

Death that appeared badass to me:

Rau Le Creuset (messing up the whole world and then die in the collosal beam shot from Genesis - that's SOME way to disappear!)

Death that made me scream with joy:

Yuna Roma (him getting smashed pathetically by a shot-down gouf while attempting to escape just made my day)
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 15:36   Link #77
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Emma. Definitely Emma, though Jerid sticks in my mind because (a) he's my favorite gundam antagonist and (b) it was one of the worst character deaths I've seen. (Really, developing over the entire series only to dissapear until the second-to-last episode and get killed off?
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 22:52   Link #78
patgarci

Clotho's death was awsome..well actually i liked who killed him in the series when Yzak said"HE"S NOT BEATING ME!!!!!!" i got gosebumps and from that point on he's one of my fave character
patgarci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 16:34   Link #79
Critias

Quote:
Originally Posted by patgarci View Post
Clotho's death was awsome..well actually i liked who killed him in the series when Yzak said"HE"S NOT BEATING ME!!!!!!" i got gosebumps and from that point on he's one of my fave character
Yeah but the Special Editions gay'ed that up too by removing that entire scene completely from canon

On the flipside of that, it DID create a new LOL death: Clotho getting offed by Dearka's Buster Shot. Who the hell gets killed by that???

Dearka: Here's Buster! (Buster flies in)

Dearka: Here's the wind-up! (Buster docks its guns together)

Dearka: Here it goes! (Buster aims, shoots in that old recycled footage)

Clotho: Huh? What's going on again?

(Buster shot goes right into Raider's chest)

Dearka: Bullseye! Wow, even I didn't see that coming...

Clotho: AHHHHHH!!

How the hell did he NOT see the shot coming? They made him drop the ball bad in the SE

New memorable death from Gundam 00: Lockon Stratos. EPIC fight while blinded in one eye. He then takes out a Gundam without a MS of his own. And then dies in a big BOOM whilst his teammate is like a few yards away trying to save him, leaving him to scream his name in space.
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 19:02   Link #80
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Lockon/Gundam 00 - (Assuming he stays dead) the whole drama of it was enough for me. And the part where you hear nothing but Lockons breathing before he fires his weapon is just awesome for the moment.

Puru/Gundam ZZ - One of my favorite characters so her death is defenitley memorable for me.

Amuro and Char/CCA - It was epic in so many ways.

Master Asia/G Gundam - Was very intense.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote