AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-06-22, 02:20   Link #5321
bio9205
Reborn

I know this is off-topic, but... Has it been confirmed that 00 Qan[T] has a cannon in its shield?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 02:23   Link #5322
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

It's said it has a cannon, but....I don't think they've mentioned that it's located in the shield.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 08:49   Link #5323
solidvanz
Special Operative

Possible new movie poster?!

~Taken from 2ch.

Last edited by solidvanz; 2010-06-22 at 09:46.
solidvanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 08:49   Link #5324
soundwavezero

maybe it has a shield cannon that it will never use through the course of the movie, like Nu gundam XD

seriously i didn't know it had a shield cannon till i made the MG model of it
soundwavezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 12:21   Link #5325
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
I know this is off-topic, but... Has it been confirmed that 00 Qan[T] has a cannon in its shield?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
It's said it has a cannon, but....I don't think they've mentioned that it's located in the shield.
Its been mentioned to be located in the Shoulder Unit [literal quote from Kouryakukan who got it from Animage would be "the shoulder unit is able to fire a powerful beam"]..........

Between a significant flashy/standout unit near the left shoulder [its always been a mirage, like 00's cones which are not "at" the shoulders but sort of act like them that they're positioning] and a cylindrical component in there.............well, 2 and 2 together I guess. There is a good possibility of a beam cannon in there so far especially with the shoulder unit statement.

To be fair, we call it a "shield" because of its appearance. It hasn't been directly been called a shield anywhere, just like 0 Raiser's binders although like 0 Raiser's binders it can probably act as one.

Not to mention the positioning is perfect for a One Handed Sword Plus Shield fighting stance; which Exia's main stance; for it to be a shield.

And frankly Bio, I don't see why its off topic at all. Everything that relates to the movies goes here and this relates to a mech in the upcoming movie. We do this all the time so don't worry about it.
Old 2010-06-22, 13:47   Link #5326
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that 00Q[T] possess a variety of "soldier type" equipment? Or was it - it can attach a variety of soldier type equipment.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 18:32   Link #5327
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Possible new movie poster?!

~Taken from 2ch.
They say that this poster will be put up in the Souchiku movie house this weekend. Well I guess we'll see the rest soon
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 19:37   Link #5328
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Its been mentioned to be located in the Shoulder Unit [literal quote from Kouryakukan who got it from Animage would be "the shoulder unit is able to fire a powerful beam"]..........

Between a significant flashy/standout unit near the left shoulder [its always been a mirage, like 00's cones which are not "at" the shoulders but sort of act like them that they're positioning] and a cylindrical component in there.............well, 2 and 2 together I guess. There is a good possibility of a beam cannon in there so far especially with the shoulder unit statement.

To be fair, we call it a "shield" because of its appearance. It hasn't been directly been called a shield anywhere, just like 0 Raiser's binders although like 0 Raiser's binders it can probably act as one.

Not to mention the positioning is perfect for a One Handed Sword Plus Shield fighting stance; which Exia's main stance; for it to be a shield.

And frankly Bio, I don't see why its off topic at all. Everything that relates to the movies goes here and this relates to a mech in the upcoming movie. We do this all the time so don't worry about it.
Alright. Thanks for the clarification. Another thing - anything on 00Q's sword yet? I know that according to the HG model's description it supposedly has a second function. Any word on that?

Because it seems really odd 00Q has so little ranged weapons...
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 00:08   Link #5329
nam!

GNX IV!!!!!!!

nam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 00:20   Link #5330
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Let's not forget the Brave ones!

Old 2010-06-23, 00:33   Link #5331
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Let's not forget the Brave ones!
Ah, yes. I like it.

The new Brave mecha is very nice, it has stuck with the design philosophy of the Flag while still updating it.

They seemed to have learned a thing or two from Al's old gundam. There is no real wings anymore, but replaced them with blades. And despite GN tech they are still intentionally made to be as light as possible. I also note that Graham got his own twin-drive installed while the standard only got one.

The old style Tieren VS Flag design competition is still alive in 00. GNX IV is no slouch either.

EDIT: Just noticed that the AEU designed the Brave. So it is only a Flag in spirit. But still, Graham can't be too picky about nationalities.
Old 2010-06-23, 00:37   Link #5332
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

About time we got those designs. Now we wanna see the MS form of Gaderaza.
Old 2010-06-23, 00:42   Link #5333
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The GN-XIV seems to have taken some of the Ahead's features there (such as the design of the thrusters on the shoulder), whilst still maintaining the GN-X aesthetic, and without being a simple "crop the binders" of the GN-XI, GN-XII and GN-XIII.

The Braves look even more anorexic than the Masurao or the Flags, but then again they have such nice styling there.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 00:43   Link #5334
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
What's with the color difference? Commander and grunt type?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 00:48   Link #5335
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The Braves look even more anorexic than the Masurao or the Flags, but then again they have such nice styling there.
The way I see it, the AEU designers looked at the Tau Drive and think "yes! we can hack even MORE pieces off the chassis without it falling apart!"

The design is essentially a skeleton, with just enough parts for it to have two arms and two legs. And this is only possible because the limbs don't have to hold fuel anymore. The Tau Drives are charged up before a battle, and there was nothing else on the MS that needed to be there except a cockpit and weapons. You can really tell that the Brave and the GN-X IV are designed by two different people.
Quote:
Graham's special suit. His has two Tau Drives.

EDIT: You should know that by just looking; Graham's mecha is ALWAYS left-handed. I love it when a show remembers little touches like that.
Old 2010-06-23, 00:53   Link #5336
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Essentially, the Commander Test Type has a different head, and two GN Tau Drives on the hip ala Masurao, while the standard type has a single Tau Drive on its back.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 01:05   Link #5337
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Nice name for the new "GN Flag",so that why Graham squad were called "Sol Brave".. Err...the black GNX IV are for ESF..??
Old 2010-06-23, 01:18   Link #5338
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

BEST. DAY . EVER.

I love the BRAVES! The GN-IV also looks fantastic. Can't wait for those translations.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 01:22   Link #5339
nam!

Oh my, the Braves are a beaut!!!!
Does anyone know what that thing, next to the Commander's right leg, is?
nam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 01:27   Link #5340
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nam! View Post
Oh my, the Braves are a beaut!!!!
Does anyone know what that thing, next to the Commander's right leg, is?
Isn't that a binder? I can see the GN-Drive there. Next to it is (probably) a beam saber.

Tags
gundam 00 movie