AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-07-03, 08:24   Link #61
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

It pissed me how Mashima the one actually digging space theme manga of all people. At least FT still masively underrated in term power we still can bully them in vsbattle.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 10:56   Link #62
Stro

Seems that Rebecca >>>>> Lucy. Rebecca seems that she can defend herself with her Happy guns unlike Lucy that she was more fanservice than anything.

Also it seems that Eden's Zero Happy is more useful than Fairy Tail Happy.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 11:43   Link #63
DragonOsman
Dragon King

While it's true Lucy was mostly for fanservice, it's not like she couldn't fight at all. She's a Stellar Spirit Mage, so her power as a mage is directly dependent on her Stellar Spirits.
Old 2018-07-03, 12:48   Link #64
Blueknight78

lucy was weak only in the beginning as the serie progress she get strong to the point of hold herself alone multiple times in the serie, but it's looks like's aways peoples "forget what they read" to crap talk what they want.
Old 2018-07-03, 14:34   Link #65
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Lucy was always strong in FT, she started out with two golden keys and picked up her third really early on. I don't think Mashima will let Rebecca fall off into trash tier levels of power, either...
Spoiler for ch2 commentary:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 16:01   Link #66
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I gotta say I completely with you two, Blueknight and Kafriel. Lucy was pretty strong as a Stellar Spirit Mage; it's just that that also meant that if you took away her keys, she coudn't do anything. That's a weakness all mages that need tools to use their magic with have: take away the tools they need and they're left as just normal humans.

Spoiler for reply to Kafriel's spoiler tag:
Old 2018-07-03, 16:38   Link #67
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Lucy was always strong in FT, she started out with two golden keys and picked up her third really early on. I don't think Mashima will let Rebecca fall off into trash tier levels of power, either...
Spoiler for ch2 commentary:
Spoiler for spoiler response:
Old 2018-07-03, 20:58   Link #68
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I gotta say I completely with you two, Blueknight and Kafriel. Lucy was pretty strong as a Stellar Spirit Mage; it's just that that also meant that if you took away her keys, she coudn't do anything. That's a weakness all mages that need tools to use their magic with have: take away the tools they need and they're left as just normal humans.
yeah, lucy wasn't strong when you compare her to her gulid mates, her magic/abilities was support in the beginning but after gain the ability to star change, her abilities took a massive jump and it been show Lucy can hold her own a lot better against strong people. if it wasn't for the fact that she was the manga fanservice character, we would have seen more.

too bad he didn't do lucy like he did elie, she went from weakest character in rave master to top 5 strongest people in it.
Old 2018-07-03, 22:54   Link #69
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hoooo.. so this is Guardian of Galaxy Hiro Mashima Version... quite interesting

and so far, every chapter brought some heart-wrenching plot... not gonna complain though
I think we might end up having a Gundam soon in this manga

Rebecca is better than Lucy.. Lucy is little bit spoiled and useless in the ending of Fairy Tail
We might got a contender for Resha Valentine (which is the best heroine from Mashima so far)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 05:18   Link #70
B214

With how robot/mechanical seems to be a thing here, i wouldn't be surprise if Elcy/Elcie has a mechanical eye. >__>
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 12:57   Link #71
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
hoooo.. so this is Guardian of Galaxy Hiro Mashima Version... quite interesting

and so far, every chapter brought some heart-wrenching plot... not gonna complain though
I think we might end up having a Gundam soon in this manga

Rebecca is better than Lucy.. Lucy is little bit spoiled and useless in the ending of Fairy Tail
We might got a contender for Resha Valentine (which is the best heroine from Mashima so far)
She wasn't that useless. I agree with what Zerodragon said about this. The biggest mistake was using her more as fanservice than showing off her power. It's not like she wasn't strong at all. Again: she was a Stellar Spirit Mage. Take away their power from her, and her keys, and she's just a normal human. But her skills as a mage were nonetheless top-notch so she was strong.

And Rebecca also can't do anything without her guns, can she? Pretty similar to Lucy.
Old 2018-07-04, 18:09   Link #72
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Current Mashima: "Hey man, can I copy your homework?"
Past Mashima: "Sure, just make sure to change some stuff so nobody notices."
Current Mashima: "'Kay."

[Eden's Zero]

So now that we have Not-Lucy, Not-Gray/Natsu, Not-Erza, and Happy-Who-Is-Happy-But-Not-Happy, who are we missing? Do we get Not-Jellal/Sieghart next?
Old 2018-07-04, 19:33   Link #73
B214

We get not Wendy.
Old 2018-07-05, 07:51   Link #74
Sixth
Hu Tao

So why would Mashima end FT in the first place when all we are going to get is another FT rehash? He could just write FT go to space with a magic rocket or airship.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 09:51   Link #75
B214

Because he wants to rehash it. XD or probably because he wants to merge Gray and Natsu as one.

Last edited by B214; 2018-07-06 at 02:16.
Old 2018-07-05, 11:00   Link #76
Kafriel
Senior Guest

My best guess is he wants to draw space cities/planets/giant robot dragons. I won't judge the story from the first two chapters, but it REALLY depends on what Mashima wants to do. FT was, eventually, a very light read, despite the dense drama it included. I can't help but compare it to RAVE, and I don't think Mashima will go down that path again (mainly because I suspect he loves his Happy hijinks).

I do, however, feel the need to recognize the fact that Happy is a way better mascot than Plue. He talks, interacts more and plays a more active role compared to Plue. Having him weaponized in EZ makes him a viable candidate for upgrades, and him being a machine means he could be abducted/destroyed/erased or whatever to spawn a revenge or rescue arc (which is really, really cheap, but still better than having it be Rebecca who needs saving).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 04:25   Link #77
World_of_Z

Hi guys

I just finished reading the first chapter 2 days ago and plan to read it again before reading the second chapter......but are the characters self-aware in this manga?

I heard from a review that they know that they look like Fairy Tail characters.

Last edited by World_of_Z; 2018-07-06 at 05:07.
World_of_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 14:08   Link #78
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I don't think they are. Where did you read that review?

And there's a second chapter already out.

@Kafriel: At least Rave had a clear endgame pairing. I wish Mashima had been clearer about that in Fairy Tail, too, but I guess it was too much to ask for given how Natsu is. At least Gray x Julia is canon. I wonder if it's okay to guess that Natsu x Lucy is at least hinted at? I'm not sure.

As for Rebecca not needing to be rescued because we have a mechanized Happy. Well, I think there could still be villains who decide to kidnap Rebecca (while keeping Happy away from her, if they know about him being a mechanized cat that Rebecca uses as guns). We'll just have to wait and see how it goes.
Old 2018-07-07, 11:09   Link #79
B214

Well Mashima couldn't allow Natsu's ship die after all. He needs to milk out whatever Lucy, Lisanna and Erza moments he needs. XD
Old 2018-07-07, 12:27   Link #80
DragonOsman
Dragon King

He could've just made the Natsu x Lucy ship officially canon. But no, we didn't really get that either. It was vague and unclear on that. I think Lucy had feelings for him, though.