AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 39.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 43.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 8.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-06, 21:07   Link #21
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

this week give meeting of club & find way save club let have a napping match to save it?

yea give kumin teaching them arts of napping til match itself goes vanishment mode they win the club is saved mostly all by kumin napping for winged win.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
Old 2014-02-06, 21:58   Link #22
Dekomori Sanae
Twintail Twister!

Well done episode

Shinka has finally accepted her belonging into this club and is cosplaying more to better fit in (flight attendant and nurse), and she also takes part in "club activities" XD

I knew they'd come up with something whacky to save the club, but that "napping competition" really was hilarious, especially the battle at the end XD

Also... Yes, there actually are napping competitions
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNew.../15811626.html

Quote:
Spain holds first napping competition

QMI Agency
Oct 25, 2010

An unemployed security guard from Ecuador is now $1,000 euros ($1,430) richer and slightly more refreshed after winning the first Siesta Championship.

The contest, organized by the National Association of Friends of the Siesta to promote the national tradition of taking a nap in the afternoon, was held in a busy shopping centre in Madrid reports British paper The Telegraph.

More than three hundred contestants were given 20 minutes to lie down on a sofa in an attempt to sleep the longest during that time. A doctor was on hand to monitor how long they were actually sleeping.

Sixty-two-year-old Pedro Soria Lopez said having a big lunch helped him fall into a deep snooze, which got extra points because he also snored at 70 decibels (the same as someone talking loudly). Contestants were also given extra points for original sleeping positions and choice of napping apparel.
Old 2014-02-06, 22:17   Link #23
teja208
Critical fanboy

So I wasn't the only one who start searching about Napping Contest after all.

This episode is the most anime original you can get since Kumin is anime only character. There is nothing wrong in making an episode focusing on her, but it could've been better if we at least learn something new and interesting about her e.g. a side of her we never seen before or more about where she live or her family background. Episode 4 is better because we learn about new side of Dekomori after realizing that Shinka is the real Mori Summer, but here we don't really learn anything new aside from sleeping competition does exist IRL.
Old 2014-02-06, 23:40   Link #24
rulfo

A decent episode.

At first I was laughing at Rikka's pseudo-lewd moans but then the idea of sleep paralysis hit me hard. Horrifying.

I remember being traumatized by that when I was a kid. Being somewhat awake in a manner that you couldn't move your body.

I like lucid dreams since I somewhat remember what I actually dreamt off. But I hate the instances where I dreamt that I seemingly woke up from my sleep. Worst that happened to me was I woke up more than 7 times in my dream. In my mind I was already deadset on waking up but for some reason I couldn't. I was also starting to panic as I feel that the air was getting thinner. Turns out I was also suffocating on my pillow because of bad position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekomori Sanae View Post
Well done episode

Shinka has finally accepted her belonging into this club and is cosplaying more to better fit in (flight attendant and nurse), and she also takes part in "club activities" XD

I knew they'd come up with something whacky to save the club, but that "napping competition" really was hilarious, especially the battle at the end XD

Also... Yes, there actually are napping competitions
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNew.../15811626.html
Well would you look at that!

Last edited by rulfo; 2014-02-06 at 23:54.
Old 2014-02-07, 00:49   Link #25
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....

Ohhkkkaaaayyyyy....

Now I like crazy randomness like this as much as anyone else might, and I like the Chuu2 charas and all that... But to be honest I kinda want there to be more of a story tying everything together.

Season 1 did it very effectively with looking into Riika's psychology and past a little, and I thought it went pretty well. But season 2 is supposed to be centered around Riika and Yuuta maturing as a couple as far as I can tell, and I kinda wish they would stick a bit more closely to that.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed K-On as a whole. I also enjoyed Chuu2 s1, but for me personally one of the strengths of K-On was that it pretty much remained true and faithful to it's own drumbeat all the time. I kinda wish Chuu2 would do the same and stop putting as much emphasis on the silly randomness as it has and focus more % wise on the main theme of the series at present. Of course there is still time and all....
Old 2014-02-07, 01:01   Link #26
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
So I wasn't the only one who start searching about Napping Contest after all.

This episode is the most anime original you can get since Kumin is anime only character. There is nothing wrong in making an episode focusing on her, but it could've been better if we at least learn something new and interesting about her e.g. a side of her we never seen before or more about where she live or her family background. Episode 4 is better because we learn about new side of Dekomori after realizing that Shinka is the real Mori Summer, but here we don't really learn anything new aside from sleeping competition does exist IRL.

We did learn that napping senpai is important to the group and not just a running gag though...
Old 2014-02-07, 04:10   Link #27
Entravity

Kumin finally getting some screen time. Enjoyable as usual.
Old 2014-02-07, 06:55   Link #28
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houreki View Post
I don't know you guys, but I google it and, apparently the napping tournaments exist
It's one of those things that you just know it has to be real without the need to look it up. Truth is stranger than fiction.

It's quite disappointing an episode that puts the spotlight on Kumin doesn't really give the viewers more insight into her character and her passion for napping.

So far, the anime introduced Sophia, but promptly ditched her. Perhaps there will be a Sophia-centric episode soon. But I wouldn't get my hopes too high for that. It appears there is no room for Sophia in the current chuunibyou clique, so she just appears for a few seconds each time and run off with that signature laugh.
Old 2014-02-07, 06:58   Link #29
Dr. Casey

KyoAni sequels often follow the same trajectory as the originals, so I would imagine that the plot will kick in during the next episode or two (with the plot in question being Yuuta and Rikka's relationship, maybe). The first season was also more episodic during the early run before things got serious in the second half.
Old 2014-02-07, 09:29   Link #30
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Good, fun episode. I liked this episode more than Episode 4, at least.

This episode had just the right mix of lightheartedness and (silly) drama.

Honestly, I wonder what critics of this show and season are expecting drama-wise. Short of going for Mari Okada-level romance drama (which I have my doubts would suit this show well), I have a hard time seeing how Season 2 could be as "serious drama" as Season 1 was.

That being said, I hope Satone's role will increase in future episodes. Her scenes in this episode were actually the most interesting ones, and the chemistry between her and Yuuta is incredibly effective. It's not hard at all to see why Rikka feels threatened by that.

However, my tentative take on Satone is that "Hero" is simply a dear friend to her that she cares about and likes hanging out with. Under different circumstances (i.e. no Rikka around), there's a decent chance that would lead to a lasting romance, but as is, I think Satone is content with platonic friendship and doesn't want to upset things between Yuuta and Rikka.
Old 2014-02-08, 01:04   Link #31
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Inside this there's more chemistry than a full season of RikaxYuta..
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-02-08, 03:03   Link #32
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Images
Yes, romantic chemistry-wise, you're absolutely right..
Old 2014-02-08, 05:41   Link #33
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Satone is such a cheeky and playful minx. I love her character I would have voted for her in ISML had I known her name. Too bad. I can't wait to see how her character progresses and develops from here. She's a nice foil to Rikka bringing out new sides of her.
Old 2014-02-08, 17:31   Link #34
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Notice the power of NREM circle is at 7 o'clock and Kumin's is at 10:10 PM
Old 2014-02-08, 22:01   Link #35
Dekomori Sanae
Twintail Twister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Satone is such a cheeky and playful minx. I love her character I would have voted for her in ISML had I known her name. Too bad. I can't wait to see how her character progresses and develops from here. She's a nice foil to Rikka bringing out new sides of her.
At the very least, Satone is a good incentive for Rikka to become more pro-active
Old 2014-02-08, 23:59   Link #36
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Images
Satone clearly loves Yuuta. I don't necessarily mean in a romantic/sexual way (though it could easily take that form), but rather that she has a very natural love for him where she just gravitates towards him and loves hanging out with him, and so their interactions come across as very easy-flowing and spontaneous.

If Yuuta was a girl, his friendship with Satone would be very comparable to Azusa and Yui in K-ON!
Old 2014-02-09, 00:38   Link #37
Frontier

I personally really enjoyed the episode, and I'm quite happy to have some more Kumin focus .

Not that I don't want the show to go back to the "main plot," or for more development on Yuuta and Rikka's relationship, but I'm perfectly content to have some quality SOL episodes focusing on the club and giving some other members a chance in the spotlight. Especially when I find it to be this funny .

And with seven episodes left, I'm sure there'll be plenty of plot later in the series, so I feel a little comedy indulgence in this romantic comedy can be forgiven.

So will Ishiki get an episode to himself? Probably not, but I have to say his moments this season have been the comedy highlights for me .

Jealous Rikka is still super cute .

That was Mai Nakahara as the rival right? Nice .

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-02-09 at 00:52.
Old 2014-02-09, 05:27   Link #38
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I found it quite humorous this episode the club is endanger due to the student council given the events of last episode . Other comedy sections were fairly good too.

And the sleep chuuni battle had Kumin being pretty cool .

Was a bit slow at some points yet still enjoyable overall episode.
MAL
Old 2014-02-10, 14:01   Link #39
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

While this episode may have its fair share of randomness, I was kind of entertained by it. Sure, it ranks lower than previous episodes in terms of dialogue/plot, but I didn't think it was too farfetched as far as concept. It fit in with the nature of this season, I thought. There are a lot of scenarios they could of put Kumin in that could have been ten times more tedious or idiotic, honestly. While it could have been better, I know that it also could've been a looooooot worse.

Favorite part of the episode was definitely the "sleepover". I'm surprised by how much Satone is growing on me. I'd almost ship her and Yuuta if I wasn't so attached to Rikka, lol.
Old 2014-02-12, 02:33   Link #40
Unknown Soldier
:D

Nap Battle?!
Closed Thread