AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-05-26, 07:08   Link #2901
Sixth
Mushroom Princess

It is good to see "Sasuke" is finally get serious. Maybe he will solo all those villains in the next chapter to maintain his hype status.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-26, 08:17   Link #2902
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Maybe he will solo all those villains in the next chapter to maintain his hype status.
i wouldnt want that,

yes, he takes down one of them despite having all three to fight against but than another villian helps him and the others will than go on chasing after overhaul and eri
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-01, 06:07   Link #2903
Sixth
Mushroom Princess

Chapter 140 is out.

Seriously, the more I see him, the more he looks like "Sasuke". I don't think I can call his real name anymore.

Also, Suneater must be fun on the bed with his tentacles. Nejire will be happy.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-01, 08:49   Link #2904
LevelSeven

ch140

flashbacks ahoy!!

i didnt like them, they just gave us more gloomy suneater...but at least we got to see that he can use his powers with plants

and his way of fighting seems really cool,

eraserheads power also seems more and more powerful everytime he has a important role in a arc :/

anyway, nice chapter, i hope this battle wont end next chapter with mirio f*cking up all the enemys, would be a letdown :/

PS: seems like i was wrong, suneater will really be the one to defeat all three alone but its ok since the 3 villians are stated to be some thugs from the street, so they can be solo'ed without making it look like to much of a stretch...
Old 2017-06-01, 09:20   Link #2905
Random14

Kind of fun to see younger Mirio, i can see why Nighteye thought he should inherit OFA, they kind of have similar personalities. So the vanguard party is gradually being whittled down, which is part of the yakuza's plans, the question is if they'll still have enough strength by the time they catch up. One of the fodder mentioned Eri's deterioration quirk, confirming that (unless he's being deceived too, being only fodder).

Suneater is still gloomy but he can probably take those three thugs out. I'm a bit more worried about his comment about Mirio acting rashly. Wonder how many more battles will break out during this chase.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-01, 11:44   Link #2906
Twi

Suneater going in. I like him already. Here's hoping he comes out on top and alive.
Old 2017-06-01, 14:27   Link #2907
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Did they change how Eraserhead's quirk work? I thought it stopped working as soon as he stopped looking at his target.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-01, 14:37   Link #2908
homohominilupus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Did they change how Eraserhead's quirk work? I thought it stopped working as soon as he stopped looking at his target.
Actually, it apparently deactivates when he blinks, so he can look away and keep quirks erased. At least that's what people on reddit think.
homohominilupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-01, 15:10   Link #2909
Wandering Soul

I like Suneater now. I'm actually worried about Mirio though. That line about how he will probably do something rash does sound foreboding.
Old 2017-06-01, 17:19   Link #2910
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not sure it'll be Mirio (though he has the highest chance) but I'm pretty sure one of the big three will see his career as a hero end before it even truly started. Perhaps not end up dead, but losing their quirk permanently or worse.
Old 2017-06-01, 23:49   Link #2911
marvelB

Well now, Sas.... er, I mean Sun Eater sure is proving himself to be a powerful crimefighter, isn't he? Though one would think that taking on 3 villains at once might be biting off a bit more than you can chew....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not sure it'll be Mirio (though he has the highest chance) but I'm pretty sure one of the big three will see his career as a hero end before it even truly started. Perhaps not end up dead, but losing their quirk permanently or worse.

Personally, I kinda doubt that any of the big 3 will be forced into early retirement (not by this arc, at least), but I can see at least one of the pros receiving such a fate. In fact, I'm sort of leaning towards Nighteye retiring by the arc's end (just imagine the irony of him being able to foresee the grim fates of everyone but himself).....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 11:12   Link #2912
Ultragunner

I suddenly has some questions in my head after watching the latest anime episode (great ep btw ).

If Deku can only now handle up to 8% of One for All while All Might could use its full power (especially in his prime), that means All Might "base stats" must be pretty quite high, right? In other words, All Might in his "normal form" should have extraordinary endurance and toughness to freely utilise One for All?
That means All Might ain't scrub when compared to a normal human?

And why is there exist a "muscle form" in the first place? Deku never got more buffed when he uses the quirk

Or One for All manifests differently for different users?

Darn, I really should have had these questions a lot sooner

Last edited by Ultragunner; 2017-06-03 at 12:28.
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 12:18   Link #2913
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
If Deku can only now handle up to 8% of One for All while All Might could use its full power (especially in his prime), that means All Might "base stats" must be pretty quite high, right? In other words, All Might is his "normal form" should have extraordinary endurance and toughness to freely utilise One for All?
maybe AM also used OFA-energy into increasing the touchness of his body, basically making use of half the energy he outputs for defense,

you know whenver he punch or kick something 50% of the energy we put put will come back to us, that is why (if done poorly) a hard punch can injure the attacker,

so maybe AM is using 5000 points to attack and than puts 2500 points on defense so that he will be able to withstand the recoil

at least that is my theory because otherwise the entire situation with OFA dont make sense given how "high" the normal human level got potrayed inside the series :/
Quote:
And why is there exist a "muscle form" in the first place? Deku never got more buffed when he uses the quirk
i guess it is just something we need to accept as "meh...it is how it is"
Quote:
than AM would have mentioned this by now
Old 2017-06-03, 13:17   Link #2914
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I suddenly has some questions in my head after watching the latest anime episode (great ep btw ).

If Deku can only now handle up to 8% of One for All while All Might could use its full power (especially in his prime), that means All Might "base stats" must be pretty quite high, right? In other words, All Might in his "normal form" should have extraordinary endurance and toughness to freely utilise One for All?

IIRC, one of the things that'd different with All Might is that he was an absolute natural with One For All. He mastered the power easily and intuitively. It made him a great hero but, alas, a poor teacher.

Another thing is that when he was taught, he probably wasn't on a timer like Deku. Or at least, not as strict a timer.
Old 2017-06-05, 18:05   Link #2915
ChronoReverse

All Might was actually that buff. He's only this skeletal now because of his massive injury. When he puffs up, it's temporarily restoring his true form.

We can see that All Might was skinnier as a teen though so he must have worked out until he was huge.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-06, 01:50   Link #2916
dragon1412

Quote:

The muscle form is probably his true form, But what's important is how OFA works. OFA transfer strength from one carrier to the next. So the important things is, is the supposed based strength get carried away together with OFA when it got passed down ???

basically:
- AM(prime) = Base strength + OFA
- Deku (inherited) = Base strength + OFA (AM's OFA + AM's Base strength)

so the question here is, is there demerits to inheriting OFA and passing OFA ??? AM was able to transform to Muscle form even after losing OFA though getting deteriorated across time . But his body was deteriorating since before that due to damaged from AFO, so we don't have a correct sample of how OFA work. But I imagined that OFA is quirk that somehow amplify physical ability as a whole through getting it power sources from people who carry it, and as they passed it down OFA also take away the current carrier power.

I suspect that the Muscle form is AM true form as long as he have OFA, and skeleton form is the result of having OFA taken from him.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-06, 13:23   Link #2917
ChronoReverse

Erm, All Might was already in skeletal form long before he gave OFA to Deku. He explicitly says because of his injuries, he wasted away to the skeletal form and that his current buff form is just him puffing up. It's right at the beginning.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-06, 14:07   Link #2918
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
The muscle form is probably his true form, But what's important is how OFA works. OFA transfer strength from one carrier to the next. So the important things is, is the supposed based strength get carried away together with OFA when it got passed down ???

basically:
- AM(prime) = Base strength + OFA
- Deku (inherited) = Base strength + OFA (AM's OFA + AM's Base strength)

so the question here is, is there demerits to inheriting OFA and passing OFA ??? AM was able to transform to Muscle form even after losing OFA though getting deteriorated across time . But his body was deteriorating since before that due to damaged from AFO, so we don't have a correct sample of how OFA work. But I imagined that OFA is quirk that somehow amplify physical ability as a whole through getting it power sources from people who carry it, and as they passed it down OFA also take away the current carrier power.
OFA is the combination of a strength enhancing quirk plus a quirk transmitting quirk. So I think what's added at ever generation is the base strength of the inheritor times some multiplier from the strength quirk.
Old 2017-06-06, 16:24   Link #2919
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, if it was only the addition of the previous users' base strength that was passed on, the quirk wouldn't have gotten this powerful so fast. All Might would have only been less than ten times stronger than the average person (forgot the exact number of users), but he clearly was much much more powerful than that.
Old 2017-06-06, 17:07   Link #2920
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
(forgot the exact number of users),
deku is the 9th, AM was 8, nana was 7th,

so AM should have been 8 times stronger than a supertrained person,
Quote:
but he clearly was much much more powerful than that.
i can only think of 2 possibilitys:

1. the author didnt really think this stuff through,

2. the power is multiplied, basically, 1 person strength is 2 persons strength at the second "generation", than 4 times at the third person, than 8 and etc,

basically with AM the strength would be by 128 times the strength of a normal person, and deku should than be at 256 times...

but i dont like that option :/

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot