AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-07-14, 04:36   Link #1921
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!

^Aren't Detroit Smash is Deku special move? It's not random named attack because he shouted that on occasions him executed a special attack.
and yeah, Iida also has special move i forgot about that since the movement involved speed boost rather offensive.
But their current special move aren't their main move, which is why i said they need their official signature move like Goku with kamehameha or Seiya with Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken.

Also i just noticed that Sero room very asian, his room model based on malay craft, Could it be Sero an Indonesian or Malaysian? Well,If we look closely Sero bit has Malay face. I am Indonesian and i could tell that some of my indonesian friends has face like Sero.
And Kudo to author to give Sugarman the reward, well i hope as the series progress further none any characters going to be forgotten.This is common problem for any manga the non-main characters could easily be forgotten when the series has reached post story.
Old 2016-07-14, 05:05   Link #1922
LevelSeven

i always imagine under special move a attack that isnt simply "the quirk being used" but something that makes it extraordinary,

Iida is increasing his speed to blitz-like lvls while bakugou increases his explosions by propelling and increasing his speed and rotation in mid-air,
both combine two or more things for the increase of pre-existing powers/attacks...
Dekus smash are simply the quirk of his being used, kind of like how todo freezes things with his ice, neither is extraordinary since they are the quirk themselfes

this is also what i wonder about tail-guy, his quirk is his tail, how could a special move be created with that?
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-14, 05:56   Link #1923
Random14

I'm kind of disappointed we didn't get to see Bakugo and Tsuyu's room. Seeing Tsuyu feel guilty about earlier was sad, but no one is holding any grudges against each other, she's just earnest that way. Wonder if her room would look like a pond or something.

It'd be hilarious if Bakugo's room turned out to be an All-Might shrine just like Midoriya's.

Glad the rooms all stayed mostly fun (with Mineta not getting far), and huh, figures good food would win out. Though I liked the normal rooms, it was nice to see some saner choices, it contrasts well with the really crazy ones like that mini-mansion (how she'd get all that stuff in there?! Unless she just made up new copies of her old furniture) or Todoroki's room (how'd he change it that much?!).

Yay, 100th chapter is next! Really loving this manga, I hope they make it to 200 at least (hopefully without slowing down the pace too much). Although based on when they chose their hero names, choosing attack names will probably be a bit difficult too (come on Bakugo, come up with some more insane names).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-14, 08:22   Link #1924
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
how'd he change it that much?!
...He worked really hard
Old 2016-07-14, 10:01   Link #1925
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post

this is also what i wonder about tail-guy, his quirk is his tail, how could a special move be created with that?
Well, he could created something like"Super Tail-whip" or "Tail Iron whip"
Old 2016-07-14, 10:15   Link #1926
Sixth
Mushroom Princess

Quote:
i always imagine under special move a attack that isnt simply "the quirk being used" but something that makes it extraordinary,

Iida is increasing his speed to blitz-like lvls while bakugou increases his explosions by propelling and increasing his speed and rotation in mid-air,
both combine two or more things for the increase of pre-existing powers/attacks...
Dekus smash are simply the quirk of his being used, kind of like how todo freezes things with his ice, neither is extraordinary since they are the quirk themselfes

What kind of super move do you think Deku should get? I hope it will be more than punch harder with fancy name. I don't mind if Deku can use something like Whitebeard's QUAKE punch. The crack in the air was simply beautiful to see.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-14, 10:31   Link #1927
B214

Maybe he'll use some Japanese name like Yokohama smash.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-14, 12:29   Link #1928
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Well, he could created something like"Super Tail-whip" or "Tail Iron whip"
cool names but what would they do as effect?

@Sixth
hard question, the only thing i can imagine is him powering up his body and learning body control so that he can dislocate shoulders for some pretty unpredictable moves,
other than that...i really cant imagine a good special move with his current lvl of quirk control :/
Old 2016-07-14, 19:06   Link #1929
marvelB

Bit late to the party, but yeah, swell chapter. Bit of a pleasant surprise that the sugar kid won the room contest (I wonder if his quirk makes him immune to diabetes.....?). And yeah, that was a great moment with Tsuyu, there. I hope we get to see her more involved when the next conflict occurs, hopefully teamed up with Deku and Mineta again (come to think of it, we've still yet to see our pervy friend's room as well, in addition to Tsuyu's and Bakugou's). As far as special move training goes.... I wonder if Deku's will involve him gaining a hulking muscle form like All Might's?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-15, 00:52   Link #1930
Sixth
Mushroom Princess

Quote:

@Sixth
hard question, the only thing i can imagine is him powering up his body and learning body control so that he can dislocate shoulders for some pretty unpredictable moves,
other than that...i really cant imagine a good special move with his current lvl of quirk control :/
This is the problem with Enhancer or Brute type superhero. Their super move is usually just hit harder.
Old 2016-07-15, 03:19   Link #1931
LevelSeven

^yeah, in HxH they mentioned that but gave a explanation too, “enhancers dont need special moves, they are the most balanced in offense and defense“, it is beautifully whown with AFO and OFA, the former has a immense number of named moves which all can be classified as special moves while the latter simply has enhanced stats that qllow him to keine ck/punch harder

I guess deku will learn a move from martial arts and combine it with OFA, than give it a name and call it special move :/
Old 2016-07-15, 08:26   Link #1932
Sixth
Mushroom Princess

Quote:
^yeah, in HxH they mentioned that but gave a explanation too, “enhancers dont need special moves, they are the most balanced in offense and defense“, it is beautifully whown with AFO and OFA, the former has a immense number of named moves which all can be classified as special moves while the latter simply has enhanced stats that qllow him to keine ck/punch harder

I guess deku will learn a move from martial arts and combine it with OFA, than give it a name and call it special move :/
Learning martial arts would be the great additional for Deku.

It would be hilarious if Deku is the only one who doing the basic workout (maxing stats) while others were busy coming up with special moves.
Old 2016-07-15, 08:52   Link #1933
LevelSeven

^Iida/kacchan require a healthy body for their quirks (otherwise Iida wont be fast and bakugou will hurt himself whenever he uses his powers at strong lvls) and mutation-quirk users must have strong bodys in order to maximize their abilitys, so unfortunatly deku isnt the only one who would train their stats

but actually dekus case is a bit dfferent, right now he should simply train in quirk mastering, he doesnt need to spend time on other things since OFA is pure strength in itself, if he masters OFA he will be a better version of allmight who was #1/#2 of the worlds strongest beings, it seems pointless spending time on martial arts (kind of like saitama XD) (even ifit would cool)
Old 2016-07-21, 02:31   Link #1934
marvelB

Summary for the big one-double-o is out:

Spoiler for 100:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 02:51   Link #1935
LevelSeven

^oh, she returns

but im actually suprised,
i expected that the pace would increase again but it seems the author decided to take it slower (mostlikely due to the popularity), and his original intention was 400 chapters or so (because at 80 chapters he said we are through 20% of the story), if he slows down the pace maybe BNHA will reach ch 500 maybe even more

either way, this time i hope we will see moves of every student and now only them learning that stuff off-screen (i wonder what move invisible girl will show...or mineta/tailguy )
Old 2016-07-21, 05:50   Link #1936
kiak666

Spoiler for The 100th Chapter:

Last edited by kiak666; 2016-07-21 at 06:12.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 09:06   Link #1937
The One Above God
Kamijou

Finally! Been wondering when she's gonna appear again.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 16:04   Link #1938
Twi

Huh, I... um... didn't expect that ending, despite the heads-up. Boob humor seems rather... beneath this manga to me.
Old 2016-07-21, 16:51   Link #1939
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

So much for the Power of One for All. Defeated instantly by the power of Boobs. That face Deku made looked like his soul was sucked out.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 17:06   Link #1940
Random14

That was an... odd way to end the 100th chapter. Been a long time since we saw her, but aside from Yaoyorozu and that pro hero, the manga doesn't usually go for that kind of humor, especially with Deku. I'd expect that more from a harem manga. Oh well, its not like every 100th chapter has to be really important (especially after that pivotal last arc).

Then again, even back during the sports festival (I'm really looking forward to seeing that animated) Uraraka was jealous of how well those two got along, and with the more recent ship tease on her part... yeah, there will be fireworks.

Though I found it funny that the door opened with a "BOMB" sound effect. I thought Bakugo was already in there or something (I already associate that sound effect with him).

Heh, All Might read a teaching book. I like that we see All Might helping other students too, to try to avoid look like he's favoring Deku too much (though others have probably noticed already). Deku still needs a lot more control and endurance with One For All, either that or he needs to change his approach entire (can't just SMASH everything).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot