AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-03-01, 16:26   Link #29161
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageous View Post
Hey folks.. it's been a couple of years since I've pcked up a gunpla kit and thought I'd come back to Animesuki for some community input. I'm considering the Sinanju Stein or the Nu ver. Ka.. any thoughts from anyone who's built one or both? I've love to hear the details build experience, decals, shelf presence, etc
I haven't built the Stein but I did build the regular Sinanju and the Nu Ver.Ka.
They are both amazing. It's as simple as that. They are two of the best MGs ever released. They are both kits that you should own if you are into Gunpla^^
The Nu Ver.Ka is just newer and a little more impressive here and there. And the Stein doesn't have the ridiculous amout of stickers that the regular Sinanju has so that is a big plus as well.

Build experience was awesome with both of them. The Sinanju isn't exactly complicated to build but it does have a lot of smaller pieces. And the Nu is just brand new, it has a lot of new stuff in it's design.
As for decals, the Nu comes with waterslides which is awesome. And you put silver foilstickers under the psychoframe pieces which look really cool. Can't say much about the Stein in that regard of course. But it does also come with waterslide decals as far as I know.
I can't say much about the looks of the Stein but the Nu looks really freaking awesome on my shelf! It comes with a stand which you can attatch the funnels to REALLY damn well!

I'd say get both. Doesn't really matter which one you buy first because they are both REALLY amazing kits!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 16:39   Link #29162
rageous

I saw the rrobbert184 review and I'll check out the Prime review. Just looking for more input beyond just the 2 ppl really.

I already have the first Sinanju that (still incomplete), but before I tackle that monster I want to get another kit completed to 'work out the kinks'
rageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 21:49   Link #29163
Skye629

Quote:
I saw the rrobbert184 review and I'll check out the Prime review. Just looking for more input beyond just the 2 ppl really.

I already have the first Sinanju that (still incomplete), but before I tackle that monster I want to get another kit completed to 'work out the kinks'
I suggest you just get a HG then, you wouldn't want to spend that much money, or tackle those kits while still rusty, you want kits of that quality to be the best you could possibly do.

Or you can go for one of the new cheaper MGs from AGE or Wing
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 10:14   Link #29164
rageous

I'd prefer to pick up the MG. I think the plastic used to mold the HG kits is different from the MG ones. I remember it being a bit more brittle and prone to discoloring to white when I cut it. However, I might be imagining things or my memory is bad

Last edited by rageous; 2013-03-02 at 17:06.
Old 2013-03-02, 10:48   Link #29165
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
I'd prefer to pick up the MG. I think the plastic uses to mold the HG kits is different from the MG one. I tber it being a bit more brittle and prone to discoloring to white when I cut it. However, I might be imagining things or my memory is wrong
I've had my fair share of HG, SD, and MG over the few years I've been into GunPla. I have to say that even if I'm wrong, I too feel like the plastic quality is cheaper in the SD and HG line compared to the MG.

If you want to get into MG, why not go for the MG's from your favorite series? Many of us who are from the US started with Gundam Wing so the current line of "EW" Master Grade lines are the choice to go for.

I'm personally a fan of Wing, 00, and Age so I only get the MG's from those series and so far I've had a blast! They're really good. I especially like 00 quite a bit as many can tell you and the MG's are awesome. I really like the LED gimmick that you can optionally purchase.

If you want a decent MG to start with, go with MG Age-1 Normal. Its inner frame isn't detailed, but it still features the MG spirit.

00 MG's on the other hand are very detailed and has lots of parts. =D

I guess if it was up to me, I would start with MG Exia. If you can, get the Ignition Mode version.
Old 2013-03-02, 17:05   Link #29166
rageous

I have quite a few kits on hand but their getting up there in age. I started the whole gunpla thing in 06. I have mostly MG kits. Turn A, AEUG MKII, Strike Freedom FB, Hi Nu, Unicorn, Sinanju, etc, I even have PG Strike Freedom, 00, Strike Rouge and Strike. Their just sitting in a closet waiting to get finalized. I'm even thinking about selling a few since their still waiting in my closet.

I'm having a DIY toy thing at my house and it might be a good opportunity to pick gunpla back up. I kind of want a good build to do when my guests are over but I don't want to start back up with one of my PG kits. I want to stay away from the HG kits vs an MG kit for the previous reasons. I thought one of the new releases like Sinanju Stein or Nu ver. ka might get me back into it.
Old 2013-03-02, 17:44   Link #29167
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
I have quite a few kits on hand but their getting up there in age. I started the whole gunpla thing in 06. I have mostly MG kits. Turn A, AEUG MKII, Strike Freedom FB, Hi Nu, Unicorn, Sinanju, etc, I even have PG Strike Freedom, 00, Strike Rouge and Strike. Their just sitting in a closet waiting to get finalized. I'm even thinking about selling a few since their still waiting in my closet.

I'm having a DIY toy thing at my house and it might be a good opportunity to pick gunpla back up. I kind of want a good build to do when my guests are over but I don't want to start back up with one of my PG kits. I want to stay away from the HG kits vs an MG kit for the previous reasons. I thought one of the new releases like Sinanju Stein or Nu ver. ka might get me back into it.
Depends how good you were at it before, you really won't lose too much of what you learned and just getting used to it again should come easy.
Simply picking any model that you like is what I'd say, no point getting something just to test the water especially with a MG unless you have the money and time to blow on it.
Otherwise go for whatever one you like between the Stein and Nu, it's not really hard to make em anyway.
My first gunpla was Sinanju, tricky but not hard.
Old 2013-03-02, 22:05   Link #29168
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Depends how good you were at it before, you really won't lose too much of what you learned and just getting used to it again should come easy.
Simply picking any model that you like is what I'd say, no point getting something just to test the water especially with a MG unless you have the money and time to blow on it.
Otherwise go for whatever one you like between the Stein and Nu, it's not really hard to make em anyway.
My first gunpla was Sinanju, tricky but not hard.
Simply building isn't drastically hard. Getting a good fit and finish is.

@rageous Focus on what you like. So long as your interest is there, you'll improve. Almost anything can be repaired with putty, and paint, in the end.

Man, I want my casting stuff. The site I ordered from, has been taking their sweet time.

Just a concept at the moment but:

Age 1 double spallow?

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-03-02 at 22:17.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 22:44   Link #29169
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Is anyone actually going to get the MG Aile Strike HD Ver.?
Do you think that we'll see an HD Ver. for Freedom and Strike Freedom as well?

If I do get into the Seed kits, I think I'll just get:

Aile Strike HD Ver. x3
Launcher/Sword pack HD Ver. x1
Strike Rouge HD Ver. x1
Freedom HD Ver. x1
Strike Freedom HD Ver. x1

IMO, those are the mains from Seed and Seed Destiny since they're the ones piloted by Kira, the main guy from Seed.
Old 2013-03-03, 00:51   Link #29170
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
^ well Id get it considering since getting the Aegis it prompted me to get the other 3, it seems it will be released with the launching base stand again... that makes me very happy and nostalgic. I'd definitely get the launcher and sword packs too.

I'm guessing you'd display it as all 3? why not as perfect strike?

@Appel You might have sold me on the MG Nu...! (ps long time :P )
Old 2013-03-03, 00:54   Link #29171
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exia_00 View Post
^ well Id get it considering since getting the Aegis it prompted me to get the other 3, it seems it will be released with the launching base stand again... that makes me very happy and nostalgic. I'd definitely get the launcher and sword packs too.

I'm guessing you'd display it as all 3? why not as perfect strike?
Considering Kira never piloted the Perfect Strike..LOL

What Kira piloted, unless I'm mistaken:

GAT-X105 Strike Gundam
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Gundam
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X02 Sword Strike Gundam
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike Gundam
GAT-X105+P202QX Strike Gundam IWSP
MBF-02 Strike Rouge
MBF-02+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Rouge
ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam
ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam

So those are the MG's that I'd like to see Bandai do a Remaster HD ver. for..

GAT-X105 Strike Gundam
MBF-02 Strike Rouge

These would be reusing the upcoming Aile Strike Gundam MG frame, add parts, changing colors, adding accessories.

ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam

Those would be the ones that would need total new molds.
Old 2013-03-03, 01:06   Link #29172
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Is anyone actually going to get the MG Aile Strike HD Ver.?
I will definitely get it because of the the simple fact that the HD Strike doesn’t have an ugly head and unrefined knee-caps and feet of the previous MG Strike.

Quote:
IMO, those are the mains from Seed and Seed Destiny since they're the ones piloted by Kira, the main guy from Seed.
Fortunately for me, I don’t have such a “rule” to buy suit piloted by the main characters only. In other words, I have the freedom to choose to buy any kits I like and not bound by certain conditions.
Old 2013-03-03, 01:13   Link #29173
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I buy like that to prevent myself from going crazy and buying too many kits. I think it's good to set limits and goals so you don't end up spending too much money. I mean this is only a hobby and hobbies are meant to last a few years.

But alas... You have your way of buying certain models and in some regard you too have rules which in your case is to buy whatever.

I'm just saying you need to set goals.
Old 2013-03-03, 01:24   Link #29174
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I buy like that to prevent myself from going crazy and buying too many kits. I think it's good to set limits and goals so you don't end up spending too much money. I mean this is only a hobby and hobbies are meant to last a few years.

But alas... You have your way of buying certain models and in some regard you too have rules which in your case is to buy whatever.

I'm just saying you need to set goals.
I’m not talking about all rules. I’m talking about your rule of “buying whatever the main character pilot” which actually a pain to me personally. For example, given I applied your rules for AGE, then I should also buy MG Titus and MG AGE-2 Normal which I don’t like at all. That will be really painful to throw your money for something you don’t like. So, once again, I’m glad that that I don’t apply your rule of “buying whatever the main character pilot”. So, my preference is also a form of “limitation” from going crazy and also a “goal” by itself.
Old 2013-03-03, 01:36   Link #29175
FalsePrime

Sinaju Stien finally came in the mail. Thing looks awesome. I'm almost finished with Tallgeese and already finished OYW so now I just have to decide between SS, Shin M. Zaku 2.0 and Khsatriya HG for my next build.

As far as Strike HD, it's incredibly unlikely I will get it. I don't like the Designs form SEED* because of the huge and ugly backpacks, Strike being the worst offender. I already bought Strike RG so I have a version already.

*Blitz not included, I love the Blitz.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 01:54   Link #29176
Skye629

Quote:
Considering Kira never piloted the Perfect Strike..LOL

What Kira piloted, unless I'm mistaken:

GAT-X105 Strike Gundam
MBF-02 Strike Rouge
ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam

So those are the MG's that I'd like to see Bandai do a Remaster HD ver. for..

GAT-X105 Strike Gundam
MBF-02 Strike Rouge

These would be reusing the upcoming Aile Strike Gundam MG frame, add parts, changing colors, adding accessories.

ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam

Those would be the ones that would need total new molds.
Expect most of those to either never happen around now or come up as online exclusives, Bandai cant have MG SEED releases bogging up their schedule for the DESTINY MGs once the remaster starts airing
Old 2013-03-03, 03:10   Link #29177
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Expect most of those to either never happen around now or come up as online exclusives, Bandai cant have MG SEED releases bogging up their schedule for the DESTINY MGs once the remaster starts airing
Strike Freedom doesn't need a remaster version so that won't happen :P

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 03:11   Link #29178
Zeydra
A random passerby

You know, I actually have to wonder how many master grades we'll get from Destiny. Destiny already has a large number of them, and three of the six remaining Gundams are transformables that do not belong to a main character. That leaves us three new ones and the Blast Impulse, and I don't see the Akatsuki getting one due to it being way too pricey with all that gold.

I suspect the main push will be in the real grade line for the new Destiny Remaster. I'd love to be wrong and see the Gaia Chaos and Abyss get master grades though.

Thinking about it, it is entirely possible we'll see a few more master grades from Seed. Freedom is in Destiny for a very long time after all, and a Providence could probably share some of its frame with a Legend Gundam later on.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 03:30   Link #29179
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
@Suiton not sure He piloted using the IWSP.

U'd be missing out if they did a remaster of the Noir... though i dont think its necessary?
Old 2013-03-03, 03:48   Link #29180
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
You know, I actually have to wonder how many master grades we'll get from Destiny. Destiny already has a large number of them, and three of the six remaining Gundams are transformables that do not belong to a main character. That leaves us three new ones and the Blast Impulse, and I don't see the Akatsuki getting one due to it being way too pricey with all that gold.

I suspect the main push will be in the real grade line for the new Destiny Remaster. I'd love to be wrong and see the Gaia Chaos and Abyss get master grades though.

Thinking about it, it is entirely possible we'll see a few more master grades from Seed. Freedom is in Destiny for a very long time after all, and a Providence could probably share some of its frame with a Legend Gundam later on.
They got the Blast Impulse, Savior, and Legend to work with at the least, those 3 are the most highly demanded Gundam MGs from DESTINY atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exia_00 View Post
@Suiton not sure He piloted using the IWSP.

U'd be missing out if they did a remaster of the Noir... though i dont think its necessary?
He did, last I checked it was in one of the manga's/sidestories

Strike Noir is new enough (and still holds up perfectly fine even in this day) that it does not need a new kit

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy