Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-12-27, 13:39   Link #801
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
Well, that's a pretty substantial difference with the anime, especially with the Konoe arc, where Hecate (assuming Konoe=Hecate) is shown in a sympathetic light.

Although I'm interested in the novels, I'm honestly not a purist when it comes to the anime following the novels; I personally think it's fine if the anime crew decides to make its own changes to the trajectory of the plot and the like. Besides, the broad outlines of the story seem to be the same--the Crimson world, the development of Yuji and Shana, etc.
yeah i am also not a purist, most of the important issues regarding the story's development have been touched on (sometimes differently). so i am relatively happy with the current anime.
cnnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 14:09   Link #802
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Was there mention of a Flame Haze civil war in the light novels?
lua thien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 15:06   Link #803
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

I doubt the light novels and the anime would draw interest if the anime followed the other exactly to the letter. It would be repetitive anyways, which is why adding some original elements that the other doesn't have ensures both the diversity and maintaining the interest.

Again, why did they bother with the Konoe Arc? Not that I'm complaining but I'm a bit idle in sieving through posts in regards to it.
DX HBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 15:28   Link #804
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
I doubt the light novels and the anime would draw interest if the anime followed the other exactly to the letter. It would be repetitive anyways, which is why adding some original elements that the other doesn't have ensures both the diversity and maintaining the interest.

Again, why did they bother with the Konoe Arc? Not that I'm complaining but I'm a bit idle in sieving through posts in regards to it.
Well we don't know the reason why yet, but they got the idea when they saw Hecate in a School Girl outfit in one of Ito's artbooks. My guess is that they made the Konoe Arc so that they could do an anime original ending again.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 17:52   Link #805
Aquifina

Quote:

I think they mishandled badly the whole Yuji/Shana/Kazumi jealousy thing, but the Konoe arc could be really cool--it'd be very dramatic for Konoe to flip into Hecate, and if played right, whatever lingering effects Hecate/Konoe has from interacting with Yuji could be really interesting.

That strange synchronization in season 1 ties Yuji and Hecate together, even if Yuji didn't really appreciate the experience. But he did choose to spare her--although he clearly thought of killing her with blutsauger, and his words to her were supremely harsh (if honest). The Konoe arc in some ways just drew that connection out further; whether it works depends on how things are finally resolved.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 20:39   Link #806
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
I think they mishandled badly the whole Yuji/Shana/Kazumi jealousy thing, but the Konoe arc could be really cool--it'd be very dramatic for Konoe to flip into Hecate, and if played right, whatever lingering effects Hecate/Konoe has from interacting with Yuji could be really interesting.

That strange synchronization in season 1 ties Yuji and Hecate together, even if Yuji didn't really appreciate the experience. But he did choose to spare her--although he clearly thought of killing her with blutsauger, and his words to her were supremely harsh (if honest). The Konoe arc in some ways just drew that connection out further; whether it works depends on how things are finally resolved.
Well, Konoe did accumulate a lot of fun memories and experiences since her appearance. (At well as clinging to Yuji.) If it's revealed to be Hecate, I could imagine a possible scenario of internal conflict if Yuji and the others had a powerful effect. But that's up to the J.C. Staff, even if they're rushing to make dramatic changes.

BTW, Torches burn out when they run out of PoE. So what is the fate of their souls?
Old 2007-12-27, 20:43   Link #807
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Well, Konoe did accumulate a lot of fun memories and experiences since her appearance. (At well as clinging to Yuji.) If it's revealed to be Hecate, I could imagine a possible scenario of internal conflict if Yuji and the others had a powerful effect. But that's up to the J.C. Staff, even if they're rushing to make dramatic changes.

BTW, Torches burn out when they run out of PoE. So what is the fate of their souls?
Well it's never been ststed whether Souls exist in SnS, heck we don't even know if souls truly exist in our world.
Old 2007-12-28, 09:23   Link #808
RDNexus

alright, thx to u guys i finally hv more data about novels/anime, but now I need more data about vols 08 & 12 to 14...

but i hv the feeling i've read in the previous page about events of vols 12/13, but it was a bit confusing, so for those who talked about it, especify plz...

Last edited by RDNexus; 2007-12-28 at 10:35.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 14:37   Link #809
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
and the scene of yuuji & kazumi on the ground during the fight also changed in the anime, as yuuji was to be on top of kazumi (and kazumi seemed quite pleased in the novel LOL)...
r u talking about this?
Spoiler for hehe:

Spoiler for kiss:

Spoiler for 9:
Old 2007-12-28, 16:31   Link #810
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
r u talking about this?
Spoiler for hehe:

Spoiler for kiss:

Spoiler for 9:
Thnz for the pics, and nice avi. Kazumi does seem rather pleaesd in that pic =D What Volume is the second pic from. The only person I recognise in the third pic is Merhime, he's the dude with the white hair in the top left.
Old 2007-12-28, 17:02   Link #811
cnnydz
Feed me

Illyanka is the dragon, Molech is the one with a skeleton head, Chernobog is the green eyed dude, Jarri is the one with three heads(old man, woman) at the right side, Ullikummi is the big guy in the bottom right, the man in the top centre with a white mask is Asiz himself, the girl blow him with her eyes closed is his flame haze Tis. the girl in the left is the corpse retriever lamies. so Sokar, Ninurta and Huwawa were missed out
Old 2007-12-28, 17:06   Link #812
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
Illyanka is the dragon, Molech is the one with a skeleton head, Chernobog is the green eyed dude, Jarri is the one with three heads(old man, woman) at the right side, Ullikummi is the big guy in the bottom right, the man in the centre top with a white mask is Asiz himself, the girl blow him with her eyes closed is his flame haze Tis. the girl in the left is the corpse retriever lamies
So the Spiral Organ is actually female?!
Old 2007-12-28, 17:07   Link #813
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
So the Spiral Organ is actually female?!
yep, and she once fell in love with a human
Old 2007-12-28, 17:10   Link #814
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

What's her history?
Old 2007-12-28, 17:30   Link #815
cnnydz
Feed me

she fell in love with a painter who also loved her. but one day her partner saw her consuming humans and was scared. she was confussed by this (she didn't know this was a bad thing to do) and run away. later she was captured by a powerful guze no ou who locked her in a little cage(u can see the cage from the picture) and made a hougu out of her and called it the Nachtigall. he used this hougu to create many unrestricted methods(this is actually lamies's talent). later it was acquired by Asiz and used it to create the city devouring( i think, but i am not sure) and the method of creating a child between a tomogara and a human. after Azis is defeated she was released but she found out her lover has already died of old age. she later learned that he has always loved her and has drawn a picture of her, unfortunately the painting is broken beyond repair. however she has created a unrestricted method which can reverse time and retore the painting. it requires huge amounts of POE, so she started to collect torches hoping that one day she will have enough POE to restore the painting.
Old 2007-12-28, 17:34   Link #816
cnnydz
Feed me

and fuzutsu was created by her, before this flame hazes and tomogara fought without fuzetsu(therefore tomogaras and the truth of the world was known to many people)
Old 2007-12-28, 17:35   Link #817
Aquifina

I forgot--when did the near kiss happen in the novels?

Pointless prediction--the anime crew will put a near-kiss scene at the end of the current fight arc, but of course it will be interrupted--not necessarily by Wilhemina, but perhaps some new crisis.
Old 2007-12-28, 17:52   Link #818
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
I forgot--when did the near kiss happen in the novels?
at the end of vol 8.
Old 2007-12-28, 18:13   Link #819
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
she fell in love with a painter who also loved her. but one day her partner saw her consuming humans and was scared. she was confussed by this (she didn't know this was a bad thing to do) and run away. later she was captured by a powerful guze no ou who locked her in a little cage(u can see the cage from the picture) and made a hougu out of her and called it the Nachtigall. he used this hougu to create many unrestricted methods(this is actually lamies's talent). later it was acquired by Asiz and used it to create the city devouring( i think, but i am not sure) and the method of creating a child between a tomogara and a human. after Azis is defeated she was released but she found out her lover has already died of old age. she later learned that he has always loved her and has drawn a picture of her, unfortunately the painting is broken beyond repair. however she has created a unrestricted method which can reverse time and retore the painting. it requires huge amounts of POE, so she started to collect torches hoping that one day she will have enough POE to restore the painting.

Interesting story. I wonder if the Spiral Organ could've been able to exploit the amount of existence that was being released from the Reiji Maigo at the time the Balle Masque was creating that fountain of existence in Season 1. The fountain of existence looks as if it had the potential of speeding up her gathering existence progress.
Old 2007-12-28, 18:14   Link #820
Aquifina

Quote:
at the end of vol 8.
That really is a cute picture. Both of them look petrified, with Shana clutching at Yuji's shirt.

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen