AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2016-11-16, 00:16   Link #221
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

He can have Chidori, I want Tessa.
Old 2016-11-16, 06:02   Link #222
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yep, sound like pretty good reason.

That said Tessa being better is matter of fact as is Nami being better than both of them combined
I guess I am the only Chidori fan here (sorry, I suck for Tsunderes and the cute clumsy trope doesn't appeal to me) but I agree... Nami comes in a very close second place
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 10:42   Link #223
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I am not a fan of Tsunderes but I became a fan of Chidori after TSR.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-18, 18:10   Link #224
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
I guess I am the only Chidori fan here
No, you're not!
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 01:35   Link #225
MisterBaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvik View Post
No, you're not!
There's three of us!
MisterBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 23:26   Link #226
Darthtabby

I tend to refer to her as Kaname, but yeah, I'm a Chidori fan. At one time she might have actually been my favorite anime character.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 14:25   Link #227
Mugen26

Looks like Full Metal Panic will have a new vocal artist other than Mikuni Shimokawa. According to Minori Chihara's blog, she is working on a theme song for the upcoming FMP! IV audio drama. While this relates more so to the audio drama rather than the new anime, this may be a sign of the departure from the previous series vocal artist due to possible retirement. It wouldn't surprise me they use this new theme song as the OP for the FMP! IV anime series, or have another OP also composed by Minori Chihara. Either way, I do look forward to hearing it.

Last edited by Mugen26; 2016-12-03 at 10:54.
Mugen26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 15:05   Link #228
Ulin

Bad news for me since I loved all FMP opening... I was looking forward to the new one by Mikuni Shimokawa
Old 2016-12-02, 17:03   Link #229
pwnagemaster
He who pwns all nubz

Kinda sad if it's true, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Mikuni Shimokawa didn't do FMP!IV's OP/ED. Wikipedia says she hasn't done anything music-wise since 2010.

Only know Chihara from the OPs from Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere 1 and 2, and I liked those.
pwnagemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-03, 11:26   Link #230
Mugen26

Yeah it's a bummer but I kinda had a feeling this would happen since she hasn't been active in a while. I think I read somewhere that she had gotten married and started a family, usually the sign of retirement as well. She has an amazing voice and I enjoyed her role of being the solo voice for FMP all of these years, but since it's been so long since the last series that a new vocalist wasn't unexpected. Minori Chihara sounds like a good successor from what I've heard of her so far.
Old 2016-12-21, 07:55   Link #231
Mugen26

Looks like the news section updated. The Dancing Very Merry Christmas audio drama is being released 12/23. The YouTube Lantis channel looks like it'll be hosting the drama online. http://www.tdd-1.com/iv/
Old 2016-12-21, 10:12   Link #232
Alf

Noticed there's no Tessa in the cast....then see somebody points out its marked #01. So perhaps it's just the first episode of the audio drama, and we can meet Tessa in next episode.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-21, 12:37   Link #233
Ulin

She has to be... there is at least one very important development for her character at the end
Old 2016-12-23, 07:08   Link #234
Mugen26

First audio drama episode is online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMT7RVet9T0

As expected, no English subtitles, but those familiar with the story know what they are basically saying. It's nice to hear the Japanese cast all here together again. Also, it's a good listen to Minori Chihara's OP song.
Old 2016-12-23, 07:57   Link #235
Alf

Hearing the good old BGM revives the memories. Fun as before, a bit short though, just 12:38. And there's a little surprise....
Spoiler for spoiler:
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-01, 11:27   Link #236
pwnagemaster
He who pwns all nubz

Is there a chance of it getting subs, either official or otherwise? I know kancolle's audio dramas got subs, but at the same time, kancolle is probably quite a bit more popular.
pwnagemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-02, 17:17   Link #237
Darthtabby

So with this new season set to air later this year, I'm planning to lead a weekly watch and discuss of the first season and The Second Raid starting on January 8 (the 15th Anniversary of the airing of the first episode of season one). The basic idea is to watch an episode a week as if the shows were currently airing. I'm hoping doing this will provide newcomers and fans who haven't watched the series recently an opportunity chance to get (re)acquainted with the series before the new season starts airing.

I would really appreciate any help you guys can give me with spreading the word about this event. In particular if any of you are willing to use your forum signatures to help promote it that would be awesome.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 13:07   Link #238
Azel

Considering such a huge event happens in DVMC in terms of Sousuke and Kaname's relationship, isn't it a bit odd to skip DVMC and do it in an audio drama?

I hope they don't skip it, but it seems likely... otherwise whats the point of the audio drama? This really makes me sad. Perhaps they will return to the DVMC storyline towards the end like how it's done in Sigma with Kaname having a flashback?
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-16, 17:18   Link #239
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Man, I wish Sousuke can get together with Tessa instead of Kaname. I mean, those two have some common ground. And Tessa treats Sousuke with love and caring.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 01:09   Link #240
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Plus she's a fun sleepwalker.