Notices

Old 2004-04-02, 23:25   Link #1
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
"Naruto average at best", say disgruntled reviewers

As soon as you read this I am sooooo dead for showing you this:

First opinion
Don't try to argue with inagawayuu, the thread about her getting flamed is locked. Here's the thread where it was stated that 3 stars is not a bad review. (Note: You have to me a member.)

Any opinions on this review? (I haven't seen enough. Only seen 4 episodes.)

Last edited by OutPhase; 2004-07-21 at 12:02.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 23:28   Link #2
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
As soon as you read this I am sooooo dead for showing you this:

Fit=rst opinion
Don't try to argue with inagawayuu, the thread about her geting flamed is locked. Here's the thread where it was stated that 3 stars is not a bad review.

Any opinions on this review? (I haven't seen enough. Only seen 4 episodes.)
funny how everything she says is true... hahaha

edit : I'll still watch it. Naruto and One Piece are the best thing right now. I downloaded Chrono Crusade. Turned it off after 2 episodes. damn that shit is boring...

Last edited by aahhsin; 2004-04-02 at 23:38.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 23:36   Link #3
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I agree that it's not all that ... but the show is still very entertaining to me.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 23:41   Link #4
Kamui4356
Aria Company

It's not wrong, just a little incomplete. Maybe if the reviewer had watched to the end of the Zabuza arc, he would have given a higher rating. Still Naruto is over rated, on a scale of 1-100, I'd give it an 80 at best. Still, for a shonen action series it's great. Plus, of all the anime I've seen, it's the most fun to talk about.
Old 2004-04-02, 23:44   Link #5
eLstar
(^_^)v

I find the characters end up being deeper then that. I know the characters of Naruto and Sasuke have been done before to death but relationship between the two characters is what I find appealing.

They're probably each others best friend but they don't want to admit it. They both know what it's like to be alone yet they both go down different paths and still manage to co-exist with one another. Other then that Sakura does seem to be a two faced bitch...no offense to Sakura fans but ditching your best friend for some guy isn't exactly an admirable quality.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 23:46   Link #6
Icer

Hey it's there opinion, they're entitled to it.

I think it's pretty great, and there aren't many series that you draw you in like this one. So whatever.
And there's a reason why so many people like it, not because everybody follows everyone else.
Icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 23:47   Link #7
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Yes, the review made it sound like all the characters are exetremely shallow. Plus it is really hard to come up with a completely unique anime character... Kishimoto did an amazing job with Kakashi if you ask me.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 23:54   Link #8
Merco
I like pie

Here's my idea of a unique character...

If a unique character is ever created, there would be no way to describe him... since any words to describe him already apply to the normalcy and thus are not unique. You'll be able to see this character, you might hear him talk... but you'd be too confused to understand what he is, since there is no way to define him.

((I think I just developed a headache from thinking about that))

ANYWAYS, moving on...

The lady has her points... to be honest though, you don't necessarily watch a movie because you think it's going to win an academy award, it's how entertained you are by the idea of it. Now why would you specify the animes you watch by the quality of the literary devices?
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 23:55   Link #9
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
It's not wrong, just a little incomplete. Maybe if the reviewer had watched to the end of the Zabuza arc, he would have given a higher rating. Still Naruto is over rated, on a scale of 1-100, I'd give it an 80 at best. Still, for a shonen action series it's great. Plus, of all the anime I've seen, it's the most fun to talk about.
He? That's Mrs. Ross, the head admin of THEM's wife. (Thank Kame-sama you didn't join to say that or you would be dead.)

At the time she watched it they didn't have the fansubs at that high of an episode. (Thtere's always a chance for an update.)

It's just not hard to make an all new character personality, it's almost impossible! (All the good types of personalities are taken.)
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 00:04   Link #10
Lavilainepieuvre
Flames all the way!

Location: I'm in the living room where I killed Col. Mustard with the candlestick
No need to make a big deal out of this. Of course Naruto is to some point predictable, most shows are. I think that the strenght of Naruto lays in the multitude of interesting characters it has. Also, if the storyline is predictable, the fights are not. Most of the fights always have great twists and happen to be very exciting (I say most, because some fights tend to overlast just a bit You know what i'm talking about).

Bottom line : I find this anime highly addictive. I won't dish an anime, or any tv shows or movies for that matter, because it is not highly innovative or has not a high intellectual or artistic value. I primarly watch anime for fun. Watching anime constitute a break in my boring « writing a damn thesis » life. And Naruto happens to be my favorite current anime.
Lavilainepieuvre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 00:06   Link #11
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
He? That's Mrs. Ross, the head admin of THEM's wife. (Thank Kame-sama you didn't join to say that or you would be dead.)

At the time she watched it they didn't have the fansubs at that high of an episode. (Thtere's always a chance for an update.)
Wow, you posted a reply over something as inconsequential as that? Amazing. For all you know the 's' on my keyboard may stick and I either didn't notice, or was too lazy to edit. The 's' does stick, though I just didn't bother to look at the name of the reviewer. If something like that would cause a problem at that site, then it's clear I wouldn't want to post there.
Old 2004-04-03, 00:29   Link #12
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
well i can't blame that guy or girl for saying naruto sux....

cuz when i saw the first few episodes... i was like WTF is this shit... i rather go back and watch boring gundam seed... but since i already downloaded liek 17 episdoes... so i didn't waste em.. and sat my ass thru the rest of the episodes....

it did get pretty boring with all da flash backs, and that little kid (iraka?? forgot his gay ass name) crying for one whole episode.

but it got better when u actually get through the haku saga.

and one thing, it is not as predictable as u think...

like the time where lee got raped, i was shock, cuz i thought he would win.

Spoiler:
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 01:28   Link #13
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

I don't give anime a quantified rating. Unlike video games, I simply don't partake enough to determine what nuances are interesting and whatnot. I watch it if it's entertaining, and if it isn't it gets kicked to the curb.

I watched Initial D, Witch Hunter Robin, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, and Naruto this past year. While the anime for Naruto does drag a bit, the action sequences are by far much more entertaining than in any of anime I watched recently.

Naruto's awesome in an entirely different sense than other anime this reviewer would have looked at. For an action-based anime (analogous to an action movie) Naruto's at the top of the class. For all anime ever...it probably does fall into the middle of the pack.

But it entertains me right now, and honestly, I'm the only one who's opinion I care about in this matter.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 01:38   Link #14
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
on the side, it said that its licensed by viz. i hope its not american.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 02:04   Link #15
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
on the side, it said that its licensed by viz. i hope its not american.
I'm sure that refers to the manga.

After looking at some other reviews at that site, I've decided that it's as useless as animenfo.
Old 2004-04-03, 02:49   Link #16
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
I actually haven't watched a Naruto episode since... the Neji vs Naruto fight. I think I'll start watching it again when it goes into the arc when the infamous

Spoiler:

Recently I started watching Tenjo Tenge(it's pretty butchered but hey, it still has some good animation and the intro is hilarious... dance Aya! DANCE!! MUWAHAHA).

I don't watch as much anime as I used to... I have tons on dvd-rs I have yet to watch which I'll get to one day.

If I had to rate Naruto I'd give it around a 8.5 out of 10(from what I have seen and read so far). A rating system based off of 5 seems limited to me.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 05:14   Link #17
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
I can just FEEL the literal hate this person has for this show. Its obiviously a very biased review that shouldn't be taken seriously, I do agree Naruto is WAY the fuck over hyped but its STILL really good, and fun.

This was a good review until the following hate appeared:

1.) Attacking the animation. Naruto is animated beautifully (speaking for the Zabusa arc) if not better, atleast equal and NO WAY below par to anything else out at the moment, with the few execptions.

2.) The color palette, who the hell attacks the color palette? That's like saying a comic is bad because of the paper its printed on. Naruto and One Piece are the two animes I've watched that aren't scared to use colors in very unique and interesting ways, just looking at Narutos basic orange jumpsuit design you can see a wonderful usage of colors that really, not only makes Naruto, but Naruto TV show standout compared to everything else. I mean the backgrounds on Naruto are gorgeous and fits like a glove to the art style Naruto has.

3.) "Kishimoto Masashi is an average artist at best, and his style simply doesn't translate well to anime." My artist friend and I are STRONG believers in the "If you can't do any better, then shut up." You can always disagree with the artstyle and say "I don't like the art style cause its too wierd." Or "I don't like it cause its foggy" That's fine, that's your prefence/like/hate/whatever but when you start saying shit like "I don't like this person because they're average etc. etc." Please shut up. Because you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Make a popular anime, then say start saying shit like that about your fellow artists, but until then, give a real explaination for your dislike of the artstyle, and try not to act like you're an art-critic because obiviously, you're not.

4.)"The opening themes are all really bad wannabe metal, and the first ending theme would be cool if they only had someone who was able to sing in English." I'm not even going to comment on this one. I'll just leave as is, since its too open ended for interpretation.

Basically I think the person who wrote this review was trying to be "dfferent" and against the "majority" with somekind of "insight" which she severally lacks.

My review of the reviewer is simple: Stick to Pokemon and Yugioh atleast then 4Kids actually gives you some ammo.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 05:32   Link #18
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

pffffffffffff who give a serious fuck about what this
Spoiler:
has to say?

Just cause that person did a review on Naruto he should be taken seriously in our anime community? NEVER! That looks alot like the recent DBZ talk shit to me ^.^ Sadly people get used to agree with that crap Time and continuity will overtake our respect for good (and yes) popular anime. But hey lets not go there.
Old 2004-04-03, 05:37   Link #19
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
search for ruthtless reviews, then look for titanic review.

you cant please everyone!
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 06:38   Link #20
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaOH
well i can't blame that guy or girl for saying naruto sux....

cuz when i saw the first few episodes... i was like WTF is this shit...
Me agrees...
I think, if you're going to write a review, at least watch the whole first arc...