AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-26, 00:29   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 781 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Here we go! Spoiler is out courtesy of AP's Redon and Aohige:

-Chapter title is "True wish/ambition". The ministory involves the sea beasts assisting the fisherman by acting as makeshift boats as an apology for the trouble they caused.

-As the shrinking birdcage proceeds to destroy Dressrosa, Doflamingo tells Luffy that he had no intention of letting anyone survive. It will take about one hour before the entire country's populace are slaughtered. Luffy replies that all he has to do is beat him to stop the massacre, and as soon as the two get ready to continue to fight..... "Shambles".

-Yes, Trafalgar Law is ALIVE! Furthermore, he attacks Dofla with Gamma Knife, which destroys the opponent from the inside! Trebol is confused as to why Law is alive, or that he's able to use his powers without a "ROOM". However, Law replies that they ARE inside a "ROOM".... a huge one that he sacrificed some of his own lifespan to create. We then see a brief flashback where it's revealed that after getting shot a few times (which missed any vital areas), he swapped himself with a random guy who wore similar clothing, and put his hat on him. He later teleported to Luffy to tell him his plans (the final panel from the previous chapter, in other words). Dofla still attempts to kill Law, but Luffy steps in, blowing him away. As he gets ready to continue, Law stops him, saying he wants to finish the man off himself....

-Law tells Dofla that Gamma Knife destroys the internal organs, so death is guaranteed. Trebol tries to attack Law, but Luffy stops him. Law then reminds Dofla that while Corazon wouldn't have pulled the trigger that day, he would have. Dofla agrees, saying that the younger pirate reminds him of himself. After some more talk about the past, Law then assaults Doflamingo with a fully powered Counter Shock! However, as Law falls to the ground exhausted.... Dofla rises back to his feet. Turns out he can use his strings to operate on himself, and already got to work on fixing his innards. As he raises his foot to stomp Law to death, he gets stopped by Luffy's own foot instead. The two stare each other down. The true decisive battle is about to begin....!!!!

Well, is it any surprise about Law? Anyways, the guy certainly put up a good fight, at least. But now it's Luffy's turn to kick the flamingo man's ass....!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2015-03-26 at 05:03.
Old 2015-03-26, 01:22   Link #2
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Spoiler for 781:
Old 2015-03-26, 02:03   Link #3
pampz21
ShipCore

Why is Mingo always looks angry btw?

Dang Laws alive; I thought Oda's gonna kill another "D".

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2015-03-26, 03:20   Link #4
The Small One

The Battle still isn't over yet. Though it would have been a nice way to end it.
Old 2015-03-26, 03:23   Link #5
J4n1

Well, things are about the get interesting.
Old 2015-03-26, 04:04   Link #6
adriankhoo153

If Mingo is gonna die Jes like that I would be super disappointed! Come on, the main fight should be Luffy vs Mingo. I am really dying to see Luffy having some secret power up. He can't be this week in thir new world. If he can't be the crap out of Mingo, dream on he is able to scratch any Admiral let alone Emperor.
For now all I could see is Luffy can't even scratch Mingo yet. I wan a powerup angry Luffy with Gear 4th!
The best gear trasistion is still gear 2nd. Gear 3rd is quite a jokes.
Old 2015-03-26, 04:40   Link #7
Kafriel
Senior Guest

You can't really say he's going down "just like that" when he had his internal organs destroyed. Substituting them with strings should have cost him a fair share of power and concentration, bringing him down enough for Luffy to fight.
Old 2015-03-26, 05:01   Link #8
Ultragunner

Spoiler for Chapter 781:
Old 2015-03-26, 05:02   Link #9
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Law, why did you not simply take Doffy's heart? Instead you waste your energy on a "counter-shock"? Really?

Luffy knows how to put em away. Leave it to him.
Old 2015-03-26, 05:04   Link #10
marvelB

My apologies for the lateness, but the full summary's up! Anyway, Law put up a good fight. Now it's Luffy's turn to finish things...
Old 2015-03-26, 05:18   Link #11
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Law being alive was something every reader could guess after the previous chapter, so no surprise there.

Law's backstory and Flevance had a lot of allusions to the Itai-Itai Disease (cadmium poisoning); Doflamingo shot Law with lead bullets; Law attacks Doflamingo with Gamma Knife (presumably gamma radiation poisoning). Is there a pattern I'm seeing here, Oda? Stop tugging on the heartstrings of Japanese people.

I can't tell if I've ever seen Luffy show such a calm anger-like face before; especially considering how completely furious he was in the previous moments. It looks like his all that all of his anger has finally boiled over a certain point. I'm eagerly waiting in anticipation for what occurs next.
Old 2015-03-26, 05:39   Link #12
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I can't tell if I've ever seen Luffy show such a calm anger-like face before; especially considering how completely furious he was in the previous moments. It looks like his all that all of his anger has finally boiled over a certain point. I'm eagerly waiting in anticipation for what occurs next.
It reminds me of the "use...?" scene from way back in Arlong Park.
You could feel Luffy's immense anger even though he was relatively calm.
Old 2015-03-26, 06:31   Link #13
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Epic stare-down at the end.
Old 2015-03-26, 06:46   Link #14
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It reminds me of the "use...?" scene from way back in Arlong Park.
You could feel Luffy's immense anger even though he was relatively calm.
Its similar yet different. Comparatively speaking, Luffy was calm and carefree before that scene in the cartography room made him snap. For this battle, Luffy has been fuming for quite some time now with the way Doflamingo treated Bellamy, Law and the entire kingdom and was full of rage even during this chapter. At the end of the chapter after watching Law's 'revenge' play out, he is oddly calm, quiet and intimidating considering the preceding scenes and chapters.

I wonder if watching Law try and take revenge triggered some hidden feeling in Luffy...maybe hidden feelings of bloodlust for Sakazuki? That would be quite the plot twist.
Old 2015-03-26, 06:47   Link #15
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Jeez, who knew a string paramecia power would be so hax^^;;.
Old 2015-03-26, 07:24   Link #16
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

^if you subscribe to string theory then Dolf could have the strongest powers in all of One Piece
Old 2015-03-26, 07:24   Link #17
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I feel thankful to Oda that he let Luffy to be the one who finished Doflamingo
It feels weird if Law finished him

but unfortunately, it looks like Law's attack leave no scratch to Flamingo since he healed himself

anyway, it is here.. the epic battle is here.. I hope it would be at least as good as Enel or CP9 battle
Old 2015-03-26, 08:13   Link #18
golgo13

It's not surprise that Law is alive. On top of that being able to deliver a wicked blow to DD. That's a miracle on a plate for Luffy.
Old 2015-03-26, 08:14   Link #19
Slayerx

Predictable, though i do like how law used his powers to survive and play dead; felt like a natural way for him to escape.

As for bird cage closing; an hour is an oddly long amount of time; doesn't really feel that urgent... granted if they said something like 10 minutes we would have to deal with the anime adapting this fight in such a way that 10 minutes drags out for like 3 hours. So its fine

Y'know i'm kinda wondering if there is more to Trebol... Somehting about the way he yelled at doffy that a king shouldn't be on his knees; like he was pushing doffy. He was with Doffy right from the beginning along with Vergo. Makes me wonder if he was kinda like doffy's backer; like maybe he was the one who gave doffy the string fruit and has been the primary support or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
You can't really say he's going down "just like that" when he had his internal organs destroyed. Substituting them with strings should have cost him a fair share of power and concentration, bringing him down enough for Luffy to fight.
Well the thing is, we kind of expect a more drawn out fight for our big bad's. Mingo getting taken out just like that would have ended things way too quickly even though it would have been a good finishing move... Heck i kinda wish law played dead longer, allowed Luffy to fight Mingo for a few chapters to soften him up and let Law deal the finishing blow.
Old 2015-03-26, 08:22   Link #20
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I thought it would have been an interesting twist to have Law finish it. He did have more of a score to settle than Luffy anyways and it was a pretty good effort there.

At least while Doflamingo managed to clean up his injuries to a degree, I doubt he could take care of everything that simply. Should be a good amount of damage remaining or loss of energy that should give Luffy more of a shot at this.

Regardless we have now finally reached the awaited moment. Luffy getting his full blown fight with Doflamingo .